Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) (41052 Views)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
are u trying to deny your tribe o ye Igbo from highly potopoto

I'm a Yoruba Muslim Brotherhood and Ishaq Akintola is our leader,

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Slickest(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lukgaf:
Watch below a video showing International School, Ibadan staff and security guards waylaying Muslim students, while forcing them to remove the Hijab the girls wore on their school uniforms.

Some countries with even strictly less percentage of Muslims are allowed to practice their faith not to talk of a Nigeria with Muslim most populous.

Unfortunately, these oppression and victimization on Muslims are coming from our fellow country men and these guys will soon allege Muslim of Islamization.

Most annoying thing is bias position of people who have traveled to countries with less percent of Muslim

See the video here
Shame, our society is a show of shame where nudity and ungodly acts are deemed normal. What is wrong with little children covering their hair, it doesn't mean anyone not covering is bad. Things that should be concentrated on are being neglected, shame on our society.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olawonder(m): 4:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
Feeling very upset about these Christian deviants! Leave these kids alone pls, they wish to wear something that give them confidence in their outward look, why try to violate that? If they are forced to wear it, they’d hv removed it before getting to sch! All faiths have the hijab (today’s Christians are too ignorant to check), y’all decided to abandon it and go naked doesn’t mean Muslims should follow suit... pls respect the dignity of these young girls.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
olawonder:
Feeling very upset about these Christian deviants! Leave these kids alone pls, they wish to wear something that give them confidence in their outward look, why try to violate that? If they are forced to wear it, they’d hv removed it before getting to sch! All faiths have the hijab (today’s Christians are too ignorant to check), y’all decided to abandon it and go naked doesn’t mean Muslims should follow suit... pls respect the dignity of these young girls.
Did these children tell you that they want to wear Hijab or your forced it on them as a student? What do they know about confidence and dignity? Are you making them confident in their bodies and natural endowments that you teach them to hide themselves behind a bedsheet. What is naked about the school uniform? Why are you so afraid of seeing children in school uniform? Are you a pervert? Do children turn you on?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2019
Slickest:

Shame, our society is a show of shame where nudity and ungodly acts are deemed normal. What is wrong with little children covering their hair, it doesn't mean anyone not covering is bad. Things that should be concentrated on are being neglected, shame on our society.

It is a security risk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
danjumakolo:

lol,
I taught the mother of your GGod(Mary)wore Hijab toooo.
Enter a y Catholic church,you will be greeted with her pic showing hijab written all over her.
It’s a cultural dressing for the middle east because of the desert. It’s not a compulsion on Christians because culture is separate from religion. Why not wear Danshiki to school? In the name of religion you appropriate another persons culture and you are fighting to make it a norm. In this hot sun in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by jomoh: 4:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
gsegun43:
Good. I like ur objectivity, the pant, bra, boxer are definitely not part of the school uniform. That's why you wear them under your uniform and they wont show. The shoe on the other hand is part of the uniform cos they have rules concerning that. But the covering is not part of the uniform. If you want your child/ward to wear it always then take her to a muslim school that they have the covering as part of their uniform.

If pants, bra, boxers are worn underneath, what of wrist watches, hand bands do they have rules guiding it?

Why are you saying they should take their kids to Muslim school. What happen to the school funded with FG money on a FG land?

Why does it have to be Christians going against Muslims all the time. Does it have anything it does to Christians if not sheer intolerance.

Why not let the FG be the one to decide?

BTW I’ve known ISI since I was a baby schooling inside UI they never had rules governing shoes. Where you get yours is what I don’t know.

Can we call this christianization or what?

Answer my questions with Objectivity and the fear of God and you’d see it’s nothing but sheer intolerance to another persons religion.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olawonder(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

Did these children tell you that they want to wear Hijab or your forced it on them as a student? What do they know about confidence and dignity? Are you making them confident in their bodies and natural endowments that you teach them to hide themselves behind a bedsheet. What is naked about the school uniform? Why are you so afraid of seeing children in school uniform? Are you a pervert? Do children turn you on?
You hv wandered far frm your faith so you wouldn’t understand the connection dress code has with confidence, as well our faith. And u need to stop assuming that how u live within your own household is how everyone else is living or should live their lives! Frm young age is when real parents teach their kids to ‘hide’ their bodies in ‘bedsheets’ so as to prevent ppl of your clan frm molesting them! If we guard their chaste frm young age, there won’t be any need for them to come on media interviews and cry foul of being raped by ppl like u who believe they don’t need to know anything about dignity. And frm your statement now it seemed u want their ‘natural endowments’ at your disposal, A’odubillah! Now who’s the pervert?
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2019
olawonder:

You hv wandered far frm your faith so you wouldn’t understand the connection dress code has with confidence, as well our faith. And u need to stop assuming that how u live within your own household is how everyone else is living or should live their lives! Frm young age is when real parents teach their kids to ‘hide’ their bodies in ‘bedsheets’ so as to prevent ppl of your clan frm molesting them! If we guard their chaste frm young age, there won’t be any need for them to come on media interviews and cry foul of being raped by ppl like u who believe they don’t need to know anything about dignity. And frm your statement now it seemed u want their ‘natural endowments’ at your disposal, A’odubillah! Now who’s the pervert?
The little girl in Hijab that was molested by an Alfa nko? Guard their chastity indeed. Is Hijab a chastity belt? Does it prevent them from removing it when they want to have sex? You are a sexual pervert that is why the female body offends you. Those children did not ask to be dressed in Hijab, you forced them to wear it! Whatever they decide out of your physical force you cannot stop it! You are only forcing them to assume a false sense of chastity on the outside but they do whatever they like with their bodies because at the end of the day, you can’t control that. LOL. Treat your issues first and take your children to Muslim school. Or you can wear them Iro and Buba on their school uniform since that is your own culture. You don’t know Hijab is a cultural wear as opposed to religious?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 5:14pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lukgaf:
Watch below a video showing International School, Ibadan staff and security guards waylaying Muslim students, while forcing them to remove the Hijab the girls wore on their school uniforms.

Some countries with even strictly less percentage of Muslims are allowed to practice their faith not to talk of a Nigeria with Muslim most populous.

Unfortunately, these oppression and victimization on Muslims are coming from our fellow country men and these guys will soon allege Muslim of Islamization.

Most annoying thing is bias position of people who have traveled to countries with less percent of Muslim

See the video here
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 5:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:
What the heck is this?

Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This is the problem, you don't want Christians to comment on this story because they won't accept the above... Yet you want to attend a Christian school with Hijab...

You keep talking about bringing cows down to the south... Hope you can also provide grazing land for pigs in the North...

So as a Christian, I cannot comment on a story that obviously is about a Christian school refusing the wearing of hijab... Can I be allowed to attend a Muslim school with a bible? There are many other schools out there though.
Don't they have tafeez schools there?

For those quoting me and saying ISI is a public school...
The school was founded by Kurt Hahn, who has his origin from Germany and the Church of Scotland...

The school is an anglican school

Please take a look at their former heads

The first Principal was David S. Snell (1963–1965) of blessed memory;[4] followed by John Gillespie[5](1965–1968). The longest serving Principal was an Anglican clergy, Archdeacon J.A.Iluyomade (1969–1985) of blessed memory.[6][7] He was also the first indigenous head of the school. After him was Rev. (Dr.) Dapo Ajayi (1986–1988) also of blessed memory,[8] then Dapo Fajembola (1990–1991) also of blessed memory. Thereafter came the first female Principal, Esther Adetola Smith (1991–2004). After her was R.O. Akintilebo (2006–2007), Dr. M.B Malik (2007–2017) and Phebean O. Olowe (2017-present)

Why will a muslim want to take his wads to a school ran by Anglican church leaders?

@Poster and Moderator that brought this up on Ju ma.. Why cant we allow sleeping dogs lie?

this is public school right?. If so, it is bound by Nigerian constitution to allow Muslim girls to wear hijab regardless of whether Christians head the school or not.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
Empiree:
this is public school right?. If so, it is bound by Nigerian constitution to allow Muslim girls to wear hijab regardless of whether Christians head the school or not.

This is an Anglican school...

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by compton11(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2019
YorubaMuslims:

I'm a Yoruba Muslim Brotherhood and Ishaq Akintola is our leader,
see how u even make jest of ur self nigga!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:

This is an Anglican school...
is it public (government) or private (individually owned and funded)?

There are Muslim public schools that do not restrict CHRISTIANs practices.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
Empiree:
is it public (government) or private (individually owned and funded)?

There are Muslim public schools that do not restrict CHRISTIANs practices.

It has its root in the mission of Jesus Christ... It is a missionary school

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_School_Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 5:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:

It has its root in the mission of Jesus Christ... It is a missionary school

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_School_Ibadan
well, this doesn't answer anything. I know history of the school since it came to limelight bcuz of this incident. It was established by Germans. The school is a public school in Nigeria. So it is bound by Nigeria constitution. If it is private school is a whole different topic. Say something else.

I am of the opinion that CHRISTIANITY in Nigeria is getting out of hand and very intolerant. It is high time this barbaric religion needs to be put in it's place.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2019
Empiree:
well, this doesn't answer anything. I know history of the school since it came to limelight bcuz of this incident. It was established by Germans. The school is a public school in Nigeria. So it is bound by Nigeria constitution. If it is private school is a whole different topic. Say something else.

I am of the opinion that CHRISTIANITY in Nigeria is getting out of hand and very intolerant. It is high time this barbaric religion needs to be put in it's place.

Well your opinion does not count here... Wearing Jihab to school is a security risk and it is not acceptable in that school... This is very simple... There are many other schools out there that you can send your kids, why is it hard to understand d?

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:

Well your opinion does not count here... Wearing Jihab to school is a security risk and it is not acceptable in that school... This is very simple... There are many other schools out there that you can send your kids, why is it hard to understand d?
what's "Jihab"?

Again this is public school. And I agree with you their parents should withdraw their kids and govt should place hefty fines on the school for violating the law of the land
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 6:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
Empiree:
what's "Jihab"?

Again this is public school. And I agree with you their parents should withdraw their kids and govt should place hefty fines on the school for violating the law of the land

Well the court is there if you feel bad about it
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Empiree: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:

Well the court is there if you feel bad about it
my understanding is, court already ruled hijab in public school is constitutional. Therefore this is violation of the law. Clearly CHRISTIANs in Nigeria are becoming nuisance
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olawonder(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

The little girl in Hijab that was molested by an Alfa nko? Guard their chastity indeed. Is Hijab a chastity belt? Does it prevent them from removing it when they want to have sex? You are a sexual pervert that is why the female body offends you. Those children did not ask to be dressed in Hijab, you forced them to wear it! Whatever they decide out of your physical force you cannot stop it! You are only forcing them to assume a false sense of chastity on the outside but they do whatever they like with their bodies because at the end of the day, you can’t control that. LOL. Treat your issues first and take your children to Muslim school. Or you can wear them Iro and Buba on their school uniform since that is your own culture. You don’t know Hijab is a cultural wear as opposed to religious?
For us it is a religious wear, period! What u think u want for young girls in the society doesn’t matter... all man to himself, but if anyone believes that head coverings serves the purpose of preventing perverts (something I believe u actually are but pretending to be against) from going near thr daughter, then leave them be. Its not as simple as being labelled just ‘bedsheet’, its virtuous and the cancer in societies as we know it today started when other faiths went too liberal. I know that the bigotry u guys hv for the religion is the underlying problem but we are more than ready to argue with u guys... we will never succumb to your already destroyed ways of life!

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2019
olawonder:

For us it is a religious wear, period! What u think u want for young girls in the society doesn’t matter... all man to himself, but if anyone believes that head coverings serves the purpose of preventing perverts (something I believe u actually are but pretending to be against) from going near thr daughter, then leave them be. Its not as simple as being labelled just ‘bedsheet’, its virtuous and the cancer in societies as we know it today started when other faiths went too liberal. I know that the bigotry u guys hv for the religion is the underlying problem but we are more than ready to argue with u guys... we will never succumb to your already destroyed ways of life!
Tell your religious gibberish to the king of Saudi inviting Nicki Minaj to come and twerk. Did they not give you religion and the decent dressing you are shouting here? Keep putting your children in bondage because one guy told you that is the way to live and raise them up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 10:28pm On Jul 05, 2019
strangest:
What the heck is this?

Are You A Muslim?
"I believe that there no god/God but Allah."
"I believe that Muhammad is God's Holy Prophet."
"I believe that Islam is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, muhammadun rasūlu-llāh."

This is the problem, you don't want Christians to comment on this story because they won't accept the above... Yet you want to attend a Christian school with Hijab...

You keep talking about bringing cows down to the south... Hope you can also provide grazing land for pigs in the North...

So as a Christian, I cannot comment on a story that obviously is about a Christian school refusing the wearing of hijab... Can I be allowed to attend a Muslim school with a bible? There are many other schools out there though.
Don't they have tafeez schools there?

For those quoting me and saying ISI is a public school...
The school was founded by Kurt Hahn, who has his origin from Germany and the Church of Scotland...

The school is an anglican school

Please take a look at their former heads

The first Principal was David S. Snell (1963–1965) of blessed memory;[4] followed by John Gillespie[5](1965–1968). The longest serving Principal was an Anglican clergy, Archdeacon J.A.Iluyomade (1969–1985) of blessed memory.[6][7] He was also the first indigenous head of the school. After him was Rev. (Dr.) Dapo Ajayi (1986–1988) also of blessed memory,[8] then Dapo Fajembola (1990–1991) also of blessed memory. Thereafter came the first female Principal, Esther Adetola Smith (1991–2004). After her was R.O. Akintilebo (2006–2007), Dr. M.B Malik (2007–2017) and Phebean O. Olowe (2017-present)

Why will a muslim want to take his wads to a school ran by Anglican church leaders?

@Poster and Moderator that brought this up on Ju ma.. Why cant we allow sleeping dogs lie?

RUuuuuubisssh!
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2019
enemyofprogress:
MURIC must hear this grin

Truth be told, Muslims too like to look for trouble. No wonder swords dey for their identification

Another idiot on the prowl.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
true2god:
France, Austria, canada, etc has banned hijab in their schools. School uniform means that the pupils must not be segregated based on religion or ethnicity. You are the ones dividing the world into ummah and the kafir, the same way the jews divided the world into the jews and the gentiles. It is of no cultuarl benefit to Nigeria except to polarize the nation and promote discord while advancing islamic and arab interest in sub-sahara african.

Can you go to Saudi embassy with 'Iro and buba' (traditional Yoruba dress) and be issued a visa?

Nonsense!
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

Tell your religious gibberish to the king of Saudi inviting Nicki Minaj to come and twerk. Did they not give you religion and the decent dressing you are shouting here? Keep putting your children in bondage because one guy told you that is the way to live and raise them up.

Idiot Saudi Arabia is not Islām.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Khaleell001(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2019
Excaperx:
okay. The school isn't a Christian or Muslim school, they forbid hijabs.

If you want to wear hijabs, go to Muslim schools

But they can collect taxes from Muslims but not allow them to practice their faith without compulsion yet, we are the intolerant ones.

Any Christian or secularist or atheist defending this his/her brain is on recess.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

It’s a cultural dressing for the middle east because of the desert. It’s not a compulsion on Christians because culture is separate from religion. Why not wear Danshiki to school? In the name of religion you appropriate another persons culture and you are fighting to make it a norm. In this hot sun in Nigeria?

The hijab the students wore is more like a head scarf.You can call it mini hijab.
In Islam,not covering the female hair is Haram.So u see why it's considered a way of life
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 10:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Khaleell001:

Idiot Saudi Arabia is not Islām.
Where is Islam? Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by 2mch(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
danjumakolo:

The hijab the students wore is more like a head scarf.You can call it mini hijab.
In Islam,not covering the female hair is Haram.So u see why it's considered a way of life
Since when did it become Haram? Haram ko, Boko ni. All the Muslim girls in my school from primary to university never wore hijab or scarf. You mean they will all go to hell? Why is the Muslim cap not haram for men?

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olawonder(m): 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

For enlightenment, hijab is a dress code synonymous to all the Abrahamic faiths... what u ppl think u practice here is not Christianity, when God grant u the grace to visit whr true Christians live and worship, come back here and testify whether or not thr’s any difference in dress code.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
2mch:

Since when did it become Haram? Haram ko, Boko ni. All the Muslim girls in my school from primary to university never wore hijab or scarf. You mean they will all go to hell? Why is the Muslim cap not haram for men?

Exposing the female hair is Haram.
Because you grew up n saw your class Muslims girls without hijab doesn't make it right.
Only God knows who is going to hell.
Perhaps if Busola dakolo had covered herself like virgin Mary.Coza pastor wouldn't have lust for her talk less of raping.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Who Picked A Turkish Drone Goes To Mekkah Years After / How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / Kano Residents Storm Market For Ramadan Shopping (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.