Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) (41049 Views)

Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Npfn: 11:12am On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
see pain!
low life you shed tears because of irrelevant things
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by compton11(m): 11:13am On Jul 05, 2019
Npfn:
low life you shed tears because of irrelevant things
pain pain pain
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Kingsaeedibn: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
if it pains u then go and hang yourself arindin.
u are khawraji idiot, so I'm not surprised

Explain why I am khawarij..

... Give dalil why am khawarij and relate it with why am a khawarij
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by BigBrother9ja: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Npfn:
Remove your hijab or change school
very senseless post.
tell white garment church members to do this too
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by gsegun43: 11:26am On Jul 05, 2019
jomoh:

If it’s to answer your question, is the shoe part of school uniform? NO

Is the pant, bra or boxers part of school uniform? NO

The school uniform doesn’t go beyond the cloth you use to cover your body and your socks, any other thing like pant, bra, boxers, shoes are all necessities.

For a Muslim girl, the hijab is as important as the pant, bra, boxers and shoes.
Good. I like ur objectivity, the pant, bra, boxer are definitely not part of the school uniform. That's why you wear them under your uniform and they wont show. The shoe on the other hand is part of the uniform cos they have rules concerning that. But the covering is not part of the uniform. If you want your child/ward to wear it always then take her to a muslim school that they have the covering as part of their uniform.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by swtdrms(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Danwakae:

Nigeria still need alot to do before we can live as one.

The idea of unity, schools and faith base University is for everybody to have the opportunity to practicing their religion. Some parents are so troublesome.

FOR THE FACT THAT WE GREW UP IN THE BARRACKS, ALL MY FEMALE SIBLINGS WENT TO ISLAMIC PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS ON ALL LEVEL TO ALLOW THEM DRESS FAITHWISE.

IF UR DAUGHTER IS NOT ALLOW TO WEAR HIJAB IN A GENERAL PRIVATE SCHOOL, WITHRAW HER AND TAKE HER TO A PRIVATE MUSLIM SCHOOL...THERE ARE COUNTLESS OF THEM OUT THERE WAITING FOR YOUR CHILDREN, WHY LOOK FOR TROUBLE WHERE IT SHOULDN'T BE ?....IF THEY VALUE ENOUGH PUPILS/STUDENTS THEY WOULDN'T PLACE A BAN ON HIJAB AS IT IS HERE IN THE NORTH.

You guyz are just stupid and crazy with hate and nothing more. The so called school you guys are claiming is a private school, this is a private school belonging to a public institution (abi UI is also a private uni ni?). The only justification for not allowing hijab is if the school belongs to a faith based institution like Covenant University belongs to Living faith church. So please and please shut ur mouth and stop justifying rubbish and illegality

Have you ever heard about muslim protesting that Covenant university doesn't allow hijab? That is an entirely christian based entity. Any entity that belongs to the public/public institution does not in anyway have the right to trample on our right to religious practice.

Please stop being stupid next time you'll hit my mention

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by fatiaforreal: 11:30am On Jul 05, 2019
It's very simple. Any form of religious practice in the school must be challenged; including assembly! Perhaps secular assembly, devoid of any religious coloration will have to be designed. You can't stylishly incorporate elements of other religion and deny others.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 11:35am On Jul 05, 2019
seyi371:
Whether pagan or not, the hijab is not part of the uniform.
They can wear it back after school, beside what the fuc.k are they covering? with all the cover na dem rotten pass.

With the way you speak. Dem never rotten pass you
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by swtdrms(m): 11:39am On Jul 05, 2019
Odetokun3:

Send me your ISI iD card and the receipt of your last school fees! Did you just called ISI public school?

You guyz are just stupid and crazy with hate and nothing more. The so called school you guys are claiming is a private school, this is a private school belonging to a public institution (abi UI is also a private uni ni?). The only justification for not allowing hijab is if the school belongs to a faith based institution like Covenant University belongs to Living faith church. So please and please shut ur mouth and stop justifying rubbish and illegality

Have you ever heard about muslim protesting that Covenant university doesn't allow hijab? That is an entirely christian based entity. Any entity that belongs to the public/public institution does not in anyway have the right to trample on our right to religious practice.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by happney65: 11:40am On Jul 05, 2019
teefaht:

This is a complete lie. Not all Muslims pray on Friday, so why would a school prevent me to go out because I'm not praying? Please be realistic.

That is how it is..I have friends that attended Muslims secondary school.myself included when I wanted to retake SSCE..The school i attended due to an arrangement with my mum and her friend who was a teacher in the school is Zumuratlu Hujaj at Olorunsogo.Ibadan so I know what am saying..There is no way the school would know who is either a christian or a muslim so the gates are closed till 2PM till after Jumat.

Just the same way here,I'm made to swear to a oath before commenting on Islamic threads

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 05, 2019
inspitation:
Im a christian but i believe in freedom of worship live and let live every one should be allowed to practice his or her believe in peace

You're not a Christian stop lying, you're a jihadist using taqiyya.

The school have rules and regulations, schools in core North force all women to put on hijab,

What will you say about the states with sharia law

1 Like

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by swtdrms(m): 11:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Omudia11:
ISI is a private school, not a public one.
They don't want hijab and hundreds of protests won't change anything.

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by AbuTwins: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2019
enemyofprogress:
sharaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

No wonder you are an enemyofprogress
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 05, 2019
gsegun43:
Good. I like ur objectivity, the pant, bra, boxer are definitely not part of the school uniform. That's why you wear them under your uniform and they wont show. The shoe on the other hand is part of the uniform cos they have rules concerning that. But the covering is not part of the uniform. If you want your child/ward to wear it always then take her to a muslim school that they have the covering as part of their uniform.

Is this school a christian or government school??
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olaitan9291(m): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2019
Npfn:
Remove your hijab or change school

It is her right to wear the hijab, and who are you to tell her to remove the hijab? Are you the school manager? What do you know about the school rules and regulations, code of conduct etc that makes you write what you wrote?
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 05, 2019
Excaperx:
you see your life. The man that killed Muslims was an atheist, he hates Christians just as he hates Muslims. Google it.

There's no such thing as terrorism in Bible and we don't support it unlike islam

He is not atheist, he is a white supremacist.
Stop lying, white supremacists kill both theists from other races
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
in government school!
are u alright?

Government schools are secular schools, don't force Islamic law on them, they have their own laws.
They won't allow Christians to cover their head too,

We muslims should respect law and order

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Odetokun3(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2019
swtdrms:

Okay sir.

They have reasonable Muslims in covenant uni not a riff-raff like u.

Can u even afford AlHikmah uni not to talk of covenant.

Those affected are not crying. Na you dey wail. Is that one Hijab to u too. Breast and yansh dey outside and it's hijab. Sorry o

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Danwakae(m): 11:58am On Jul 05, 2019
swtdrms:

You people like trouble, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL IS NOT A PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL...IT IS A PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOL own by a federal university....we have many Islamic secondary schools mostly in oyo Ibadan. Some years back, that was how some thugs went to beat up a principle in an Anglican secondary school in Osun for not Hijab, haba far, Every Friday we keep announcing after the salat, we keep announcing Islamiyah waiting to admit your children, u would not listen but take your children to public school where Hijab is not allowed, you people should leave trouble for the devil... ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE...

I still remember many Islamic secondary schools both private and public in IBADAN alone, Ansarudeen, Shamsudeen all private in ibadan...even in shaki there are about 4 there...I still remember how deeperlife girls struggle to wear trouser during our NYSC days, but never take the govt. to court...YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ALL THOSE NONSENSE those girls u r even protecting may end up marrying christians and throw away the Hijab...that's how u are...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by olaitan9291(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2019
nairavsdollars:
lf you want to wear Hijab, go to an Islamic school. There are millions of Isalmic schools out there.

Is it possible for the so called Islamic school to force their Christian pupils to wear hijab? If no, then the so called Christian schools have no right to stop the Muslim pupils from wearing their hijabs. This is because all the pupils whether Muslim or Christians can practice their religion without fear or intimidation. Thank you.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by compton11(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
YorubaMuslims:

Government schools are secular schools, don't force Islamic law on them, they have their own laws.
They won't allow Christians to cover their head too,

We muslims should respect law and order
Oga inyamiri ipob Jew,stop poking ur nose into what doesn't concerns your ancestors.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Onlyonebuhari: 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Your children dreas half naked despite being against our culture but we still not complain, you uncovery your hair and we still not complain cos you have freedom of expression. But why are you forcing our own children t be naked the way u are? Is it a crime to be modest?
Finally is it the way of holy Mary you proclaim to love?
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by compton11(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Kingsaeedibn:

Explain why I am khawarij..

... Give dalil why am khawarij and relate it with why am a khawarij
what is my opinion that doesn't count?

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Onlyonebuhari: 12:11pm On Jul 05, 2019
Danwakae:

You people like trouble, UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN INTERNATIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL IS NOT A PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL...IT IS A PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOL own by a federal university....we have many Islamic secondary schools mostly in oyo Ibadan. Some years back, that was how some thugs went to beat up a principle in an Anglican secondary school in Osun for not Hijab, haba far, Every Friday we keep announcing after the salat, we keep announcing Islamiyah waiting to admit your children, u would not listen but take your children to public school where Hijab is not allowed, you people should leave trouble for the devil... ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE...

I still remember many Islamic secondary schools both private and public in IBADAN alone, Ansarudeen, Shamsudeen all private in ibadan...even in shaki there are about 4 there...I still remember how deeperlife girls struggle to wear trouser during our NYSC days, but never take the govt. to court...YOU PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ALL THOSE NONSENSE those girls u r even protecting may end up marrying christians and throw away the Hijab...that's how u are...
If your own sisters and children can dreas the way they like (half naked) our own children also have right to dress modestly! Just let's them emulate holy Mary.
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
Oga inyamiri ipob Jew,stop poking ur nose into what doesn't concerns your ancestors.

Oga Muhammedian jihadist wahabis ewu awusa I'll put my nose in it, if you don't like it you can go and hug transformer

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by strangest(m): 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
cola:

Christian school?
This chap here has nill background knowledge about what he passes a comment on. That makes you what?

ISI is a public secondary school and the parents of these children are taxpayers whose taxes are part of the financing of the school... But Christans insist the children must lose a part of their faith to be eligible for what their parents pay for in taxes.

These folks talk about school rules. They are again ignorant of the fact that no law in Nigeria prevents people from a complete practice of their faith so long it doesn't infringe on any other person or group's rights.

They find it convenient to claim Nigeria is secular but they accept Christmas and Easter holidays, never mind Sunday holidays.

Nigeria is not secular, rather it is multi-religious, and no religion must be stiffled by intolerance and congenital hatred from some misguided bunch of islamophobes.

the origin of the school is scotland and not dubai

The first Principal was David S. Snell (1963–1965) of blessed memory;[4] followed by John Gillespie[5](1965–1968). The longest serving Principal was an Anglican clergy, Archdeacon J.A.Iluyomade (1969–1985) of blessed memory.[6][7] He was also the first indigenous head of the school. After him was Rev. (Dr.) Dapo Ajayi (1986–1988) also of blessed memory,[8] then Dapo Fajembola (1990–1991) also of blessed memory. Thereafter came the first female Principal, Esther Adetola Smith (1991–2004). After her was R.O. Akintilebo (2006–2007), Dr. M.B Malik (2007–2017) and Phebean O. Olowe (2017-present)

Did you see any muslim name on the list?

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Kingsaeedibn: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
what is my opinion that doesn't count?

Explain why am khawarij.
Explain who are khawarij accoroding to Quran and hadith
Explain what rosul call khawarij and how to identify them
Explain why Ali and sahabahs killed khawarij when they emerge
Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by luluman: 12:21pm On Jul 05, 2019
mamdanju:
Some Nigerian Christians are the most wicked and most gullible you can find anywhere. What has the head cover of these little girls has to do with their education. All over Europe where even Muslims are minority and from where Christianity in Nigeria emanate, the head cover is allowed in schools, police and other security agency. How can we be more Catholic than the Pope
Don't be stvpid now, should an organisation copy another in making its policy? or should it bend its attachments rules because of customers? Better get sense. Look for a school where hijab is allowed & put your children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Danwakae(m): 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

If your own sisters and children can dreas the way they like (half naked) our own children also have right to dress modestly! Just let's them emulate holy Mary.

I'M A PROUD MUSLIM

MY SISTERS DARE NOT BRING A CHRISTIAN TO MY DAD...THEY ARE HALF DRESSED SECONDARY SCHOOL, BUT U TOOK YOUR DAUGHTER THERE WHEN MANY ISLAMIC SEXONDARY SCHOOLS ARE WAITING FOR THEM, WHY ARE U LOOKING FOR TROUBLE ??, ....ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE....PLEASE LEAVE THE UNCLAD SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR THEM AND TAKE YOUR GIRLS TO ISLAMIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS...

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by luluman: 12:22pm On Jul 05, 2019
AbuTwins:
The Hijab culture will win in the end.

Hijab is part of a Muslimah's dress. Why is this difficult for some people to accept?

Must our ladies be nude before they are accepted in secular schools?

They are intimidated by the Hijab but not nudity.

Then put them in Muslim schools now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by timay(m): 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
compton11:
see hypocrite, when I was in government primary,we used to sing Christian songs from Monday to Thursday, we didn't complain and small children Wear hijab u are crying

My sister attended a Muslim govt school, Ansar u Deen Practicing school. They sing all this Muslim songs and prayers on the assembly every morning. That doesn't make her less of a Christian. So what are u telling me.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 05, 2019
seyi371:
shut up!!
it's not part of the school uniform, send them to Muslim school if you want them to wear hijab.

grin grin with all the cover na dem rotten pass.

lol,
I taught the mother of your GGod(Mary)wore Hijab toooo.
Enter a y Catholic church,you will be greeted with her pic showing hijab written all over her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ghanaian Man Who Picked A Turkish Drone Goes To Mekkah Years After / How Kabir Grabbed A Man’s Testicle To Survive Hajj Stampede. Vanguard News / Kano Residents Storm Market For Ramadan Shopping (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.