Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] (72835 Views)

Inside The Room — To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / VAGINA: Look At The Vagina I Drew — To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] / NÄKED: Look At My Näked Body — To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Jboyossai(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2019
1; how good is an author biograghy or a fiction based book sold? 2; what is your recommended paper size? 3; what is your recommended number of pages in a book?
Cc: ilegendd
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Ginaruby: 11:11am On Oct 05, 2019
Can't find an option to add payoneer.
I can only see option for countries
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Ginaruby: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
iLegendd:

Yes, Nigerians are not allowed to sell products on Amazon, but if it's a digital product, then they're allowed.

How do you sell? You create an account on www.KDP.amazon.com, then create another account with www.payoneer.com and use the account details from Payoneer to fill in your Amazon dashboard.

How are my supposed to fill it.. I have the two accounts.. I see only options for country once you select Nigeria its rejected
When you're set, write a book and publish. With the help of YouTube or Google, you'll find answers to all you need on uploading the book.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Ginaruby: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
How should I go about the tax for a beginner.
I can't do the US you mentioned. Should I fill in my Nigerian TIN and confirm?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jboyossai:
1; how good is an author biograghy or a fiction based book sold?
2; what is your recommended paper size?
3; what is your recommended number of pages in a book?

Cc: ilegen.dd

1. As good as you make it and promote it.
2. Depending on what you want — 5.5 x 8.5.
3. Talk about it until everything you need has been said — that is the recommended number of pages. (25 to 350)

If everything you want inside the book stopped at 10 pages, publish the 10 pages on Kindle. If it stops at 825 pages, publish the 825 pages on Kindle and paperback.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Jboyossai(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
iLegendd:

1. As good as you make it and promote it.
2. Depending on what you want — 5.5 x 8.5.
3. Talk about it until everything you need has been said — that is the recommended number of pages. (25 to 350)

If everything you want inside the book stopped at 10 pages, publish the 10 pages on Kindle. If it stops at 825 pages, publish the 825 pages on Kindle and paperback.
is it advisable to divide a book of over 1000 pages into pages of about 300+ and publish them as part 1, part 2, part 3, part++; seperately?
Or i should publish the over 1000 pages once in a single book?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 4:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Jboyossai:

is it advisable to divide a book of over 1000 pages into pages of about 300+ and publish them as part 1, part 2, part 3, part++; seperately?
Or i should publish the over 1000 pages once in a single book?

If you want to make more money, put them in series (parts). It may even be 100 pages each. After the series, bundle them. Book 1 + book 2 = bundle 1. Book 3 + book 4 = bundle 2. And so on. At the end, bundle all the books in that series into a single bundle.

Do the above only if you want to make more money, but if you hate money, then publish all as 1 book and move on to writing another book.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by ekrizz(m): 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
iLegendd:

If you want to make more money, put them in series (parts). It may even be 100 pages each. After the series, bundle them. Book 1 + book 2 = bundle 1. Book 3 + book 4 = bundle 2. And so on. At the end, bundle all the books in that series into a single bundle.

Do the above only if you want to make more money, but if you hate money, then publish all as 1 book and move on to writing another book.

Thanks for your response so far. I'm really interested in this business, but my problem is how to write the book; I'm not much of a writer; I don't even have any idea on what to write. Please how do I go about these issues?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
ekrizz:

Thanks for your response so far. I'm really interested in this business, but my problem is how to write the book; I'm not much of a writer; I don't even have any idea on what to write. Please how do I go about these issues?

Hire a mentor. He will teach you all you need to know and how to outsource to a ghostwriter.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by ekrizz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
iLegendd:

Hire a mentor. He will teach you all you need to know and how to outsource to a ghostwriter.

Please where can I find a mentor? I don't have any friends in the literary niche.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
ekrizz:

Please where can I find a mentor? I don't have any friends in the literary niche.

When I say mentor, I meant a person who is into this business and knows how things work. You can check YouTube to get one. Or, you can grind it yourself and with determination, you'll get there.

1 Like

Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ginaruby:
Can't find an option to add payoneer.
I can only see option for countries

I didn't see your post. Most times I don't read through — I just reply people who mention me, except on rare occasions.

In your KDP dashboard, there is an option to fill your account details. In that option, choose USA as your country and fill in your Payoneer account's details in those slots.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
Ginaruby:
How should I go about the tax for a beginner.
I can't do the US you mentioned. Should I fill in my Nigerian TIN and confirm?
Use this https://www.wetclef.com/topic592.html
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by bjstardom(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
ekrizz:

You can contact eliok he's good!
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Jboyossai(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
iLegendd:

wow...who hates money in this life?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by imhere: 8:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
@iLegendd I have still not published my book yet. My problem now is formating.

My TOC are not clickable after adding hyperlinks. What should I do please?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 8:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
imhere:
@iLegendd I have still not published my book yet. My problem now is formating.

My TOC are not clickable after adding hyperlinks. What should I do please?

Use Microsoft Word and make sure you use H1 for all your chapter heading. After that, go to the page you want the ToC to appear, look at your menu tab, click "Preferences" then click Table of Content. That's how to generate a TOC without manual hyperlinking.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by imhere: 8:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Jboyossai(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2019
Who design your book cover and how much do you pay them?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
Jboyossai:
Who design your book cover and how much do you pay them?

2k — 5k (private designer)

Book design is easy, so most times, I do it myself. All my books on Amazon, I designed the covers.

If you're not a designer, you can always look around and hire someone or you can visit Fiverr to hire a freelancer designer. All the best.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by JustSomeDude(m): 12:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
iLegendd:

2k — 5k (private designer)

Book design is easy, so most times, I do it myself. All my books on Amazon, I designed the covers.

If you're not a designer, you can always look around and hire someone or you can visit Fiverr to hire a freelancer designer. All the best.

I can't view my books on Amazon US. Two books were sold and it hasn't reflected on my royalty estimator for more than 3 days. Is there an issue with Amazon's website?

Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
JustSomeDude:
I can't view my books on Amazon US. Two books were sold and it hasn't reflected on my royalty estimator for more than 3 days. Is there an issue with Amazon's website?

No. Check your inbox to see if Amazon sent you a message on copyright issue or anything. If no message, then look at the bottom of your KDP dashboard and you'll see "Contact Us."

Click on it and tell them your book isn't showing on the US store and they'll rectify it in less than 72 hours.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by JustSomeDude(m): 7:32am On Oct 19, 2019
I want to know something. Do I get paid all my royalties at once or am I paid for each book?
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
JustSomeDude:
I want to know something. Do I get paid all my royalties at once or am I paid for each book?

Money from each market will come individually into your account.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2019
justsomedude which category are you in
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by imhere: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
@ILegendd, mbok no vex, I don come again.

1.) I wanted to write something on 'The best 20 Gifts to give someone as Christmas present'. I search Amazon I found mothing, trend-google nothing. I found it in google but it looks as if all the people there are advertising some products. Do you have any suggestion please. I am looking for what to write that can fetch me money this christmas period.

2,) Is it a must to add photo on paper back. Can I use my own and sis own will it affect sales we are both blacks. I am aware that I can buy from shutterstocks but doesnt have money in my dollar account onky on Naira. Any suggestion please, thanks and God bless
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
imhere:
@ILegendd, mbok no vex, I don come again.

1.) I wanted to write something on 'The best 20 Gifts to give someone as Christmas present'. I search Amazon I found mothing, trend-google nothing. I found it in google but it looks as if all the people there are advertising some products. Do you have any suggestion please. I am looking for what to write that can fetch me money this christmas period.

2,) Is it a must to add photo on paper back. Can I use my own and sis own will it affect sales we are both blacks. I am aware that I can buy from shutterstocks but doesnt have money in my dollar account onky on Naira. Any suggestion please, thanks and God bless

1. A. People don't search for such topics on Amazon, but on Google and YouTube.
B. Any suggestion? Yes. Write on what people are searching for like gifts' books or no content Christmas notebooks.
C: Don't focus on trend, but longevity. I write on evergreen niches — don't chase trend or shiny objects.

2 A. No, it's not a must.
B. Yes, you can use yours or your sis's own.
C: Affect sales? Yes and no. If a racist oyibo sees it, he or she won't buy, but if the liberal ones see it, they'll buy.
D. Buy images? I have never bought before and probably never will except otherwise. There are royalty free image sites for commercial use without attribution like Pixabay, Pixel, etc. If you're good with Photoshop, you don't need to buy images — you can twist them, but if you're not, then you need to buy.
E. Suggestion? No suggestions except: don't give up.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Ifysamuel101: 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please sir, i need help from you. Am on my first book, it's a fictional novel . in fact i dont no what to write again it's like 35 pages. My real problem now is how to, creating a nice cover. How to get ps and how to use it.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by imhere: 8:17am On Nov 07, 2019
Thank you so much, I appreciate.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by iLegendd(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2019
Ifysamuel101:
Please sir, i need help from you. Am on my first book, it's a fictional novel . in fact i dont no what to write again it's like 35 pages. My real problem now is how to, creating a nice cover. How to get ps and how to use it.

1. Help? My mission here is not to help, but to inspire.
2. Fiction? I'm not into fiction, but it's okay you're into it.
3. You don't know what to write? Hire a ghostwriter.
4. 35 pages? That is a book (a short read) already.
5. How to create a nice cover? Watch some free videos on YouTube on how to do it.
6. How to get Photoshop? Search on Google and purchase it or if you want a cracked version, go to your local computer center and purchase the CD for 300 Naira, then watch some videos on YouTube on how to do it.

Please, bring your ear closer let me whisper the truth about this business to you: everybody is busy and no one is ready to help anyone except you pay them. The ones that are helping for free, they won't help you for long before they get fed up.

The ones willing to charge, you need to pay a huge sum for mentorship and it's worth it.

My mentorship is unavailable for now. Luckily, YouTube has 99% of all you need. If any man can't take advantage of YouTube in this business, it means he's not serious in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by Ifysamuel101: 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Please one final question.i decided to create my book cover, with Microsoft Office 7, the book cover is quite simple and decent for a beginner. now my problem is, Width and hight size. And how to save and use it or to save in the right kdp format.and upload it to kdp.since i couldn't get Photoshop.thanks men my crappie unfinished book i just uploaded is struggling and it made some money here and there.i wonder what it would be if i can create a nice cover.also i love to go into kids books. Already have an A B C book.
Re: TELL ME What Is Better Than This...To Be Deleted Soon [Picture] by eliok(m): 2:57am On Nov 12, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

~ Guys: Reasons Why Ladies Dump You For Other Guys ~ / In This Type Of Colourful Relationship: Who Is The Real Fool? (picture) / Man Posing As Female Prostitute In Abuja Taken Home By Married Man With 4 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.