Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd (36981 Views)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by fcdgrand(m): 9:08am On Jul 25, 2019
rabzy:

There is nothing like church marriage.
ok let just say traditional marriage or court and registry
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by COUSIN1279(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2019
As in all muslim Marriages is Illegal?

2 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by PrincewithGod(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Do people get marriage certificate after traditional marriage? Why do some of you just rush to comment without understanding issues?
You have forgotten that Customary Marriage is recognised in law. Certificate does not matter, as long as it was properly done traditionally and consummated it is legal.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by BabaCommander: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
Duggedised12:
yeah,but i heard even if church head quarters is licensed ,the branch church still has to get license for its parish ,don't know how true that is.

It's true.
The branches gets the marriage certificate from the HQ which had earlier gotten it from the marriage registry.

Only churches which issues church printed certificates has problems.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by molas02: 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
ariesbull:

You aren't married but just in civil union
OK SIR.......i don hear
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by stzy(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
nisotid:

Why must you seek for divorce in the first place. Is marriage made for divorce or for partnership, procreation, fellowship, security and for purity. Do not give divorce a thought, enjoy your marriage.

stfu
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Akainzo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
If it's legal in the marriage act of 1990 why do I still have to go for a court marriage? And in a situation where I don't have the legal documents of the marriage being registered, why would a court reject my petition or claim my marriage is illegal?

The traditional marriage is legal, you on the other hand can still go ahead and do court wedding or proceed to do church wedding as well, that is your prerogative. However, the law of the land recognises Traditional/Customary marriages that is why we even have customary courts all over the country.

Note that by the Marriage Act, the LGA chairman or the King/Traditional ruler can issue Marriage Certificates to authenticate the traditional weddings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Man Cries On Facebook After His Little Daughter's Death. Photos / My Wife Is Frustrating My Life / Asia Mekole, Lady Born With Facial Deformity Welcomes Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.