Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd (36986 Views)

All Marriages Conducted at Ikoyi Registry Are Illegal - High Court / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Duggedised12(f): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
sacramento1212:

Yes for legality purpose. But again, some Orthodox churches can still pull through due to its recognition world wide.
yeah,but i heard even if church head quarters is licensed ,the branch church still has to get license for its parish ,don't know how true that is.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Yankee101: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
They're marrying by christian standards not court standards.

All the traditional weddings before the country was even founded nko?

People make processes, processes don't make people

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by afroniger: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
don4real18:

That's because the so-called leaders have refused to legalize traditional marriage. They're the ones to tell the embassy(ies) what's legal and what's not.

You have a point.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by NothingDoMe: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Do people get marriage certificate after traditional marriage? Why do some of you just rush to comment without understanding issues?
Some areas do.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
Welcome to nigeria where alien religion is rated above ours and the marriages done in their centres is valid and traditional rites ain't ain't

3 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
Duggedised12:
yeah,but i heard even if church head quarters is licensed ,the branch church still has to get license for its parish ,don't know how true that is.

In the Catholic Church for instance, once you are issued a certificate, it's recognized. Some mushroom churches certificates won't fly in the aspect of legality

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by BrainSanitizer: 7:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
Na because we dey tell them abi? Ok na! We go soon change style eh.. play, shoot, score, win and carry trophy! Case closed.
Who approval epp
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I just tire for this people. grin

He wants to tell us he knows more than the Ministry of Interior. I guess some of them don't know what's meant by 'Statutory requirement'.

Are you minding him grin. He has made his own point to the best of his understanding
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 24, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

Legality as in if court marriage abi registry is involved, church bruhaha is just a formality.
Some churches are licensed by FG to issue out marriage certificates. What they're trying to say here is that with the increase in the rate of churches in Nigeria, only a few are licensed. I guess most couples are ignorant of this and if you had yours in a church that's not licensed, court marriage is a necessity.

7 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Lugianostar(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
You people are yarning apata for there

It was only traditional marriage that was done in the bible as white wedding was as man made plan to cushion the former to suit our lifestyle as humans we are.

When ones a bride price is paid you are married to the lady and for a pastor to bless and pray for the union was the aim of the white wedding that came to be.

It is not illegal for Buhari to ignore court orders?

It is not illegal for a senator to abuse a nursing mother in a public shopping mall?

It is not illegal to trick off all corruption charges against Maina even after telling pensioners money?

It is not illegal to steal a legislative Mess at the senate chamber?

Make una no make me talk again o

3 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by gringrin: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
You don't mean it!!
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Oscar4real(m): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
But why is this not applicable to the Muslim Marriage? Its only on the Christians and some one will be saying Nigeria is not ISLAMISE. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Acidosis(m): 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
sacramento1212:

In the Catholic Church for instance, once you are issued a certificate, it's recognized. Some mushroom churches certificates won't fly in the aspect of legality

Catholic Churches all over the country share one and same marriage certificate?
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Some areas do.
That's legalized? That's a lie. Traditional marriage is one thing, registering that marriage is another.

I'm not making reference to bride price receipt. grin

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Dee60: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2019
Blockers in government everywhere and at all levels. Instead of looking for a way to correct their wrongs they are busy making untenable and idiotic accusations.

2 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
sacramento1212:

Are you minding him grin. He has made his own point to the best of his understanding
I weak. grin
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Fountainofyouth(f): 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Some churches are licensed by FG to issue out marriage certificates. What they're trying to say here is that with the increase in the rate of churches in Nigeria, only a few are licensed. I guess most couples are ignorant of this and if you had yours in a church that's not licensed, court marriage is a necessity.

That is why I said when a court certificate has been issued for marriage, church marriage is just a formality, not a necessity.

3 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Blue3k(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
Shully19:
Who this one help abeg

TayK 47.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by efavour: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
stzy:

Carry your traditional marriage go court for divorce and see whether they will listen to you

that's why women will be scared of being thrown out of the house coz the law won't back them .. why?... you only paid bride price to the village elders so if issues arise you must go back to them to settle it
say what you know, customary court handles traditional divorce. I have seen few. Even at the main court during inheritance cases, traditional marriage is fully recognized
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Acidosis(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
So after spending like 10m on ogogoro, tuber of yam, lace and goats, your marriage is still not recognized by law? Lmao grin

Meanwhile, it takes less than 15k to actually legalize a marriage in the same country.

The level of ignorance and illiteracy in this continent is nauseating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

That is why I said when a court certificate has been issued for marriage, church marriage is just a formality, not a necessity.
Yeah. You're right on this.

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
That's legalized? That's a lie. Traditional marriage is one thing, registering that marriage is another.

I'm not making reference to bride price receipt. grin

Do they give bride price receipt at your place? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by LOVEGINO(m): 7:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
Everything about Nigeria is illegal

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
Acidosis:

Catholic Churches all over the country share one and same marriage certificate?

Yes to the best of my knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2019
sacramento1212:

Do they give bride price receipt at your place? cheesy
I was just trying to understand what he meant by traditional marriage is statutory na. Waitin you say make I talk? cheesy grin It's possible receipts are issued after payment is made.

2 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2019
Acidosis:
So after spending like 10m on ogogoro, tuber of yam, lace and goats, your marriage is still not recognized by the law? Lmao grin

Meanwhile, it takes less than 15k to actually legalize a marriage in the same country.

The level of ignorance and illiteracy in this continent is nauseating

Very unfortunate situation. If not that it's compulsory to sort out traditional marriage, many would have bypassed and proceeded to registry.

3 Likes

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by SILVERLINES: 7:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
warripekin:
Oya now. you can meet our village elders and tell them traditional marriage is illegal.
since u are stup*d and mentally absent on important issues like this it's better you don't comment as it not compulsory everyone to comment

1 Like

Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by sacramento1212: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I was just trying to understand what he meant by traditional marriage is statutory na. Waitin you say make I talk? cheesy grin It's possible receipts are issued after payment is made.

Okay, I thought they issue receipt at your place so that i can equip myself grin.
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Chijeep(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
C me c something ooo

wen pson dey raise him pikin Ministry of Interior no com ooo na wen I wan con reap d fruit of my labor na dem wan show.

mak dem dey legal am 4rm dat place wey dem dey na
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Enemyofpeace: 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lalasticlala is your church registered? grin grin

dominique how far nau?
Re: Most Marriages Illegal, As Only 314 Worship Centres Have Licence To Conduct Wedd by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 24, 2019
sacramento1212:

Okay, I thought they issue receipt at your place so that i can equip myself grin.
LOL, you're not serious. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Wife Is Frustrating My Life / Young Man Cries On Facebook After His Little Daughter's Death. Photos / IKEDC Prepaid Meter (MOJEC): How To Solve “REJECT” Token Issues.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.