Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? (30290 Views)

I Said Yes - Young Lady Engaged To Old Man (Pictures) / My Girlfriend Has Been Lying To Me About Being broke, should i breakup? / How Do I Breakup With A Native Doctor's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 7:53am On Aug 06, 2019
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her, she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life.

She says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then. When she went back to school, she told me he called her to come see him but she declined.

I know she loves me very much, she has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt but she still has a Soft Spots for her Ex.

Its making us have issues most times. Of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone. She said she wanted to check on him. It weakened me alot.

But she said it was nothing, even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission. She claims she only called to tell him that the brother has written his PUME exams...

When i look at her, I have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up, she could not ansa. I asked her if she still loves him, she could not ansa, she only tell me she cant go back to him, that she loves me..

I know she won't go back to him, but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well, so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen.

Anything he tells her she believes him, notwithstanding, anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her, am just confused.. I have already told her i cant continue again becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....

Please i need advice

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Sundrus: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2019
No come dey disturb us here over woman way u no ready to marry angry

270 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by drips8(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2019
You should quit the relationship if you feel insecure

Your peace of mind is very important

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 8:06am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her,she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life,she says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then..When she went back to school ,she told me he called her to come see him but she declined..i know she loves me very much,she's has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt.but she still have a Soft Spots for her Ex.its making us have issues most times..of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone..she said wanted to check on him..it weaked me alot.but she said it was nothing..even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission .she claim she only called to tell him that the brother has written his pume exams...when i look at her .i have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up..she could not ansa,i asked her if she still loves him,she could not ansa,she only tell me she cant go back to him,that she loves me..i know she wont go back to him ..but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well..so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen..anything he tells her she believes him,notwithstanding,anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her,am just confused..i have already told her i cant continue again.becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....please i need advice

Do you want to help her kid brother get tjr admission?

If you're not comfortable about her talking to her ex then change her number, but please before you subject her to this kind of rules make sure you're ready to marry her

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by TerryMcGinis(m): 8:07am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her,she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life,she says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then..When she went back to school ,she told me he called her to come see him but she declined..i know she loves me very much,she's has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt.but she still have a Soft Spots for her Ex.its making us have issues most times..of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone..she said wanted to check on him..it weaked me alot.but she said it was nothing..even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission .she claim she only called to tell him that the brother has written his pume exams...when i look at her .i have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up..she could not ansa,i asked her if she still loves him,she could not ansa,she only tell me she cant go back to him,that she loves me..i know she wont go back to him ..but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well..so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen..anything he tells her she believes him,notwithstanding,anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her,am just confused..i have already told her i cant continue again.becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....please i need advice
guy break up with her and join our single bastards crew angry undecided

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:09am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
You've answered the question by yourself

65 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Gpopsicle(m): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2019
the earlier she stopped giving her ex attention, the better for the both of you. however if this should continue, be ready to lose her...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by luvyaself95(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2019
It better you break up now to avoid story that touch...

11 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by clive2u(m): 8:15am On Aug 06, 2019
Give her an ultimatum. Frequent talking to ur ex or me. Don't just tell her to stop kpata kpata or she'll do it In ur back. Let her reduce it.

I hate it wen a girl keeps praising her ex in my presence, when I use to date sha

4 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2019
Its not that i feel insecure..she has no plans of going back to him..but she listens to him Nd i dont like it
drips8:
You should quit the relationship if you feel insecure

Your peace of mind is very important
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 8:22am On Aug 06, 2019
IneedSugarMumy1:

I dont like imposing myself on a woman..i cant tell to change her number am not yet married to her..

Do you want to help her kid brother get tjr admission?

If you're not comfortable about her talking to her ex then change her number, but please before you subject her to this kind of rules make sure you're ready to marry her

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by drips8(m): 8:23am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Its not that i feel insecure..she has no plans of going back to him..but she listens to him Nd i dont like it

Well you should make that clear to her in a firm tone
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2019
clive2u:
Give her an ultimatum. Frequent talking to ur ex or me. Don't just tell her to stop kpata kpata or she'll do it In ur back. Let her reduce it.

I hate it wen a girl keeps praising her ex in my presence, when I use to date sha
The op was the one pumping her for information. He know she cannot go back to the said ex so why get worked up? Some men think because you dating them, they should be your alpha and omega, things don't work like that. This Op girlfriend might simply be on contact with d said ex because of her brother's admission. And if she cut ties now, I know say this Op no go fit run d admission thing for her brother o.
The op should guard his insecurities.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2019
They dont talk that frequent perhaps once in a while he calls her..and tells her all sort of things..he feels no matter the time distance anytime he calls her she would surely pick up..and thats wat Freaks me out. Like he has thing over her
Gpopsicle:
the earlier she stopped giving her ex attention, the better for the both of you. however if this should continue, be ready to lose her...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Lucasinho(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2019
shocked

I was surprised when a gal told me that all gals nowadays are prostitute...it depends on how Dey are packaging themselves...

8 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 8:30am On Aug 06, 2019
Babe am not saying am her alpha or omega..trust me i dont track..over secure any girl i date..i aws give freedom and leverage..its just this guts am having and she knows it..i can see it...
AwkaetitiBabe:
The op was the one pumping her for information. He know she cannot go back to the said ex so why get worked up? Some men think because you dating them, they should be your alpha and omega, things don't work like that. This Op girlfriend might simply be on contact with d said ex because of her brother's admission. And if she cut ties now, I know say this Op no go fit run d admission thing for her brother o.
The op should guard his insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by RuggedArab: 8:33am On Aug 06, 2019
Law of Mr OKAFOR is a strong thing. Its either you cut off from your ex or I cut you off. “Choose ye whom you will serve”.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by carter009(m): 8:45am On Aug 06, 2019
Break up with her at once.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 8:46am On Aug 06, 2019
I undastand. I love her very much..like she undastand me well..i plan to marry her ...i know she loves me very she has proven that to me which i know..but this ex thing is jst giving us issues..she only tells me the only reason she still relates with him it because of her brothers admission..and he is also using it as a meduim to still contact her..
RuggedArab:
Law of Mr OKAFOR is a strong thing. Its either you cut off from your ex or I cut you off. “Choose ye whom you will serve”.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by TollaniINC(f): 9:17am On Aug 06, 2019
baba the ball is in your court

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by RuggedArab: 9:24am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
I undastand. I love her very much..like she undastand me well..i plan to marry her ...i know she loves me very she has proven that to me which i know..but this ex thing is jst giving us issues..she only tells me the only reason she still relates with him it because of her brothers admission..and he is also using it as a meduim to still contact her..

Bro, a man in love is superstitious. You can’t be in love and still use your senses to decide properly. Sit her down and discuss with her. Tell her you are not comfortable and you DO NOT like her relating with the loser (ex). Play chess mind game on her, intimidate her with actions, keep emotions and love aside for now. Act fast before the nigga gets into her pants again (that’s if he hasn’t started digging the rabbit hole he left).

11 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by lilpage14(m): 9:37am On Aug 06, 2019
just tell her you want a short time break up for her to figure out who she wants, either you or her ex. if she agrees then look for another girlfriend. if she disagrees and still keep in touch with her ex ( just break up with her ).

if she loves you she will do anything to save the relationship

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 9:38am On Aug 06, 2019
You made a lot of point bro..i dont want love to cloud my judgement and make me see the obvious and ignore it...i know deep down i cant do anytin abt it because its a tin of feelings and emotions..but anger is why would she call her ex all in the name of wanting to check on him..later saying it was because of her brodas admsn..i have browsed on several relationship platforms online..and they all say situations like this dont end well ..i dont kn wat to do again
RuggedArab:

Bro, a man in love is superstitious. You can’t be in love and still use your senses to decide properly. Sit her down and discuss with her. Tell her you are not comfortable and you DO NOT like her relating with the loser (ex). Play chess mind game on her, intimidate her with actions, keep emotions and love aside for now. Act fast before the nigga gets into her pants again (that’s if he hasn’t started digging the rabbit hole he left).

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Skmoda(m): 9:50am On Aug 06, 2019
lilpage14:
just tell her you want a short time break up for her to figure out who she wants, either you or her ex. if she agrees then look for another girlfriend. if she disagrees and still keep in touch with her ex ( just break up with her ).

if she loves you she will do anything to save the relationship
Brotherly you need to act like you don't care and see her reactions....and start showing interest in other girls cuz she will soon leave you for her ex.
It's a truthful warning.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by uniqueflash(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
My Gf cant continue to hurt my self....please i need advice
but you just said u can't continue again,what do you want me to tell you now?maybe you should try sniper......it works magic.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2019
Ending a 3 year old aint easy..just want to know of am doing the right tin by calling it off
uniqueflash:
but you just said u can't continue again,what do you want me to tell you now?maybe you should try sniper......it works magic.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Trizyd(m): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2019
Have had this experience also. My advice is you should try and do better.. Study her ex and at least copy what he does, or you do much better than her ex. Call at times her ex will call, engage her till there is no time the ex can fit into.. Or better still, if situation doesn't change, burn your relationship bridge with her and never look back.. Just leave, it gonna hurt buh I'm telling you it would be much better to know her ex is bonking her, because it will always get worse, and worse. It's a dream to think she will suddenly loose interest in her ex.. I have a ex like that, she literally swore to me, that she will always cheat on her husband with me. Some guys have created a special bond with their girls when they where dating, breaking that bond is always impossible, the emotional attachment will always be there.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2019
Op you need patience since you said the reason they are communicating is because of her brother's admission, let the boy get admission and if they still communicate often after that then you can worry,chill for now

10 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2019
Bro you just said exactly the way it is...but the last tin i wd do is copy the ex over anytin..the tin is that it was the ex who deflowered her..dey stayed togeda for a long time lik close to 2 years...she said the call she made to him was just nothing..but we all knw u dont call an ex for just notin..especially and ex of such levels
Trizyd:
Have had this experience also. My advice is you should try and do better.. Study her ex and at least copy what he does, or you do much better than her ex. Call at times her ex will call, engage her till there is no time the ex can fit into.. Or better still, if situation doesn't change, burn your relationship bridge with her and never look back.. Just leave, it gonna hurt buh I'm telling you it would be much better to know her ex is bonking her, because it will always get worse, and worse. It's a dream to think she will suddenly loose interest in her ex.. I have a ex like that, she literally swore to me, that she will always cheat on her husband with me. Some guys have created a special bond with their girls when they where dating, breaking that bond is always impossible, the emotional attachment will always be there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by doris4u(f): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2019
Sundrus:
No come dey disturb us here over woman way u no ready to marry angry
grin calm down and advice the dude na

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by doris4u(f): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
U have dated ur gal for 3 years and she is still in contact with her ex, hmmm the truth is that she still has a thing for her ex, am a lady . I know wat am saying.
By now considering the length of time u guys have dated , she is not supposed to be in contact with her ex for any reason.
It's better u pull out little by little if u can for your own sanity.
Only God knows if they are already sleeping with each other behind your back.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Trizyd(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Bro you just said exactly the way it is...but the last tin i wd do is copy the ex over anytin..the tin is that it was the ex who deflowered her..dey stayed togeda for a long time lik close to 2 years...she said the call she made to him was just nothing..but we all knw u dont call an ex for just notin..especially and ex of such levels

Yeah, if you truly want to make the relationship work, just do better, action speaks better than voice, I don't buy the idea of discussing how you feel about your girlfriend's ex with her. NEVER EVER SHOW YOUR WOMAN YOU ARE INSECURE. Women love strong and confident men.. Just show how you love her and how you will never share her with another man.. Good luck bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Annoying Things About Being A Man / I Pushed Her Away With My Attitude Now I Want Her Back / This Is Why You Must Evaluate A Person's Mental Health Before Dating Or Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.