Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? (30338 Views)

I Said Yes - Young Lady Engaged To Old Man (Pictures) / My Girlfriend Has Been Lying To Me About Being broke, should i breakup? / How Do I Breakup With A Native Doctor's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Sunshine009(f): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
The only thing I have observed from this thread is most men will dump you, or even keep u as a play thing while seeking another woman once they notice any 'sign' of ordinary emotional display of affection towards a male specie not to talk of full blown cheating, no matter the number of years involved.. Which leads me ask this OP, so the 3years you have been with this girl doesn't mean anything to you?.. U later dumped her and she came back begging?. The sooner ladies begin to treat you men with the selfishness and heartlessness most of you mete to them, the better for them. Smh

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Ishilove: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
They dont talk that frequent perhaps once in a while he calls her..and tells her all sort of things..he feels no matter the time distance anytime he calls her she would surely pick up..and thats wat Freaks me out. Like he has thing over her
See how insecurity wan finish you
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by RuggedArab: 9:29pm On Aug 06, 2019
XTHRONE:

I keep hearing this Mr okafor law, pls what does it mean?

The law states that any girl/woman you have knack, wire, eat her vjay severally and you guys are no longer together anymore; there’s 99.999999% that you can still knack, wire or lick that vjay again in the future whether she’s dating, married or divorce if you guys come in close contact. It goes with the adage - Old firewood no dey quench!!

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Amyyy2020: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Its not that i feel insecure..she has no plans of going back to him..but she listens to him Nd i dont like it

Dats insecurity na.
Let her know straight up dat u DON'T like her keeping touch with her ex, dat it affects u...if she z ready to stick to u, den she will break all ties with d so-called ex. If she isn't, den jejely move on..u r too young to v ur hrt jumping to ur mouth and losing sleep.

Ex sef myt just be one manipulative unku, knowing she Listens nd Believes him
P.S: U better v something serious in ur mind abt her oo
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Amyyy2020: 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wait oooo, did u say 3yrs relationship??

Has diz been happening all the while or it just started
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by LegitGuy22: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
My advice for you is to stop disturbing her, go and get more girlfriends for yourself, stop putting all your romantic hopes on her. Have a plan B and C girlfriend.
Am speaking from personal experience, and also from many years of observations and experiments.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by LegitGuy22: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2019
Op don't listen to the advice of women, they can't help you, they will rather help your woman than help you, am speaking from experience.
Follow the advice of men, real men, not those weak men, that always like pleasing women, real men.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by VicYo(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
do all most things to make her disconnect her sting with the ex..! most especially in emotion stuff..! you need more time for attention... or still, maybe you need to give her the best bleep ever
there is actually one thing that she missed about that guy and it something to be proud of..!
trust me, because if ex still they call ex, believe me, they can ffuck at fffucking anytime

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by geezyk(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Its not dat they contact each other much..the reason for now is becos of the brodas admisn per say and the guy uses dat a meduim to keep in touch with her..he calls her at anytime..even dou not frequently..so i wont say they are still in contact..anytime he calls her she often tell me about it..but i know he discusses their past with her aside the broda admisiion stuff..i know deep down she still feels soft spots 4 him even though she tells me she loves me and she cant go back to him..i still know she still does have soft spot for him in which deep down she cant deny it..even though she says no...what broke the whole scenario.was wen she told me she called her ex to check on him and also tell or ask him about the brodas admision...the first told him she called to check on him..later she den said about the brodas admission..her matter just tire me
Bro, you'll always wan to find a reason to justify her actions as sincere, but deep down you know something is wrong, but that love has clouded your judgement cos you don't wanna face the obvious, which is to break up with her.

I'm currently going through this too.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by stuffs4me(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2019
drips8:
You should quit the relationship if you feel insecure

Your peace of mind is very important

Op, listen to the bolded.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by mechanics(m): 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2019
The relationship get k leg o, you better leave her before you put yourself in depression.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by geezyk(m): 10:45pm On Aug 06, 2019
Girls these days have learnt how to use reverse psychology, and are very perfect at it, the reason for telling you is because she doesn't want you to look that way, even when they're nacking, you'll still not know it.

My current gf do am for me wella, till I realized I don become broda wey mumu.

Use her game on her too, then see how she reacts

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by XTHRONE(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2019
RuggedArab:

The law states that any girl/woman you have knack, wire, eat her vjay severally and you guys are no longer together anymore; there’s 99.999999% that you can still knack, wire or lick that vjay again in the future whether she’s dating, married or divorce if you guys come in close contact. It goes with the adage - Old firewood no dey quench!!

Wow, thanks
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Chukapage:
you are the one twisting it ,ok even if your man's ex is the one doing the calls won't you still be insecure? Even if you won't give a Bleep, are you op? You dey im shoes?
No I'm not. He knows better. smiley
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
UDOKABESTLUV:

Are you not a guy?
Good to know I look like a guy.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by emkz: 5:52am On Aug 07, 2019
Bros. She may claim not to have anything to do with the ex now, but with time, she'd have something to do with him.

The girl is pretending. And she's using it to make you feel vulnerable to her. From your narration, she may not have slept with the ex; but the day she starts disrespecting you and picking faults with you even in matters as trivial as sleeping on your bed with your head on your pillow, she may have been thoroughly bonked by the ex. Some of them are not good at compartmentalizing. Be observant.

Bros, from my observations, you seem to be delaying the inevitable. Either you break this relationship now or you'd be broken by this relationship eventually by her actions. My candid advise to you is that it is better to be hurt now than later. For fucck's sake, there are basic rules of decency in a relationship. Staying in touch with an ex is a big NO and disrespectful to your partner. I had two exes who wanted to stay in touch. I gave them the cold shoulder. I had an ex I wanted to be friends with, she didn't allow it. Life is not complicated, we only make things complicated for ourselves by engaging in acts detrimental to our growth.

She cooks well, you have dated for three years, she spends on you, she understands you, hypothetically she bonks well by spelling coconut on your prick. Yet she does not respect you? And you don't know what to do? If you let this slide, she'd feel you cannot dump her and her indiscipline would escalate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by geezyk(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2019
These girls are not to be trusted, my current gf is doing this thing, and I'm just looking at her from my side eye, we have an argument regarding this yesterday.

Once she's through with her exams in school, she comes around, and we have a good time, I'll just jejely tell her it over, I'm 100% insecure already and she knows it, so I wanna take the bull by the horn and do what she least expects me to do...
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by YomiTee123(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2019
Bro just tell her to warn an ex cause the frequent calls it making things go wrong in her relationship if the ex have anything to discuss about the admission he should cal her brother they should talk about it. while the brother should give her feedback or update on it
simple but if she insist it left for you to decide
i`m not gonna say you break up with her nor give her space
just have it in the bag of your mind that you giving her space or distance buy diverting her calls, you giving her more opportunity to talk to her ex cause she will feel lonely ( since she the emotional type) she gonna start calling her ex and as a sharp guy his aim will be to have her in his control to dick for couple or more time, then dump her to you ( speaking from an experience, it want i usually do to my ex`s) so be wise about it
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The op is unknownly pushing her towards d ex
One of the downside of emotions.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Good to know I look like a guy.
You Don Come Again Oooooo
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2019
UDOKABESTLUV:

You Don Come Again Oooooo
how
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by onyekabe(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her, she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life.

She says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then. When she went back to school, she told me he called her to come see him but she declined.

I know she loves me very much, she has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt but she still has a Soft Spots for her Ex.

Its making us have issues most times. Of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone. She said she wanted to check on him. It weakened me alot.

But she said it was nothing, even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission. She claims she only called to tell him that the brother has written his PUME exams...

When i look at her, I have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up, she could not ansa. I asked her if she still loves him, she could not ansa, she only tell me she cant go back to him, that she loves me..

I know she won't go back to him, but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well, so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen.

Anything he tells her she believes him, notwithstanding, anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her, am just confused.. I have already told her i cant continue again becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....

Please i need advice
keep furling her until you find another woman to marry
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by backbone503(m): 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2019
Never trust or get 100% committed to a girl that keeps and enjoys the company of her ex(es) or other guys or one that places you at par or below anyother guy.

My advise: keep loving her, but have a plan B.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by DaySpringer: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
justine94:
I swear bro ph and owerri no far oo...na my fear be dat oo...wat if he comes to owerri to see her himself..can she stand her ground and sayNo to him

PH and Owerri.

That was how my ex-girlfriend's own ex came from Owerri to see her and she hid it from me.
During the relationship he started calling her, she told me about it and I trusted her that nothing will happen.

Until the day that she went to attend a conference in Owerri, I told her that the ex will be there and she denied it.
I later confirmed from the ex facebook status that he indeed was going to be there.
While there, she confirmed that she indeed saw the ex while he was there, I accused her of sleeping with him, she denied it.
Denied it vehemently.

Until three months later the ex called me and told me that they actually had sex at that conference four days before she came to see me in Benin.

Listen Bro, in a relationship, when things like this come up don't forget that sometimes you must have to value self-preservation above anything else. Her relationship with her ex is endangering your peace of mind and your mental health. I don't care about the details of the why she is talking to him, if she cannot admit that she has a soft spot for him then she is a liar or not someone that is honest with herself. If she is not honest with herself, how can she be honest with you?

She is valuing her family over your relationship with her, why won't you value your peace of mind and mental health over her?

Why does your three years with her appear more valuable to you than her three years with you be more valuable than her three years with you to her?

I hope you understood that question?

A three year relationship is important no doubt and the Logical thing to do will be to patient and watch her carefully.
When she mentions that the ex calls her, don't say anything.
Just listen, don't let her know what you are thinking about the matter. Lull her into a false sense of security so that she thinks that you are not really bothered about it. Then you check her chats surreptitiously, even put whatsapp web on her phone.

The three greatest weapons against a woman are SILENCE, PATIENCE & PRETENCE

Get the evidence you need and then bail out.
It will be on record that you gave her a chance.

However, those three weapons I mentioned above are very hard to employ, very hard especially when you love her.

if you want to discuss more with me, then PM me.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by justine94(m): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2019
I love ur suggestion bro..i wd key into it...u hv reali opened my eyes on this matter..i hv told her i wd gv her a benefit of a doubt on the broda admsn process..i hope he does gain admsn..then after dat i wd kn wat to do...i have aws hd a plan b.c.d wt all my dates den..but i wd see to it
DaySpringer:

PH and Owerri.

That was how my ex-girlfriend's own ex came from Owerri to see her and she hid it from me.
During the relationship he started calling her, she told me about it and I trusted her that nothing will happen.

Until the day that she went to attend a conference in Owerri, I told her that the ex will be there and she denied it.
I later confirmed from the ex facebook status that he indeed was going to be there.
While there, she confirmed that she indeed saw the ex while he was there, I accused her of sleeping with him, she denied it.
Denied it vehemently.

Until three months later the ex called me and told me that they actually had sex at that conference four days before she came to see me in Benin.

Listen Bro, in a relationship, when things like this come up don't forget that sometimes you must have to value self-preservation above anything else. Her relationship with her ex is endangering your peace of mind and your mental health. I don't care about the details of the why she is talking to him, if she cannot admit that she has a soft spot for him then she is a liar or not someone that is honest with herself. If she is not honest with herself, how can she be honest with you?

She is valuing her family over your relationship with her, why won't you value your peace of mind and mental health over her?

Why does your three years with her appear more valuable to you than her three years with you be more valuable than her three years with you to her?

I hope you understood that question?

A three year relationship is important no doubt and the Logical thing to do will be to patient and watch her carefully.
When she mentions that the ex calls her, don't say anything.
Just listen, don't let her know what you are thinking about the matter. Lull her into a false sense of security so that she thinks that you are not really bothered about it. Then you check her chats surreptitiously, even put whatsapp web on her phone.

The three greatest weapons against a woman are SILENCE, PATIENCE & PRETENCE

Get the evidence you need and then bail out.
It will be on record that you gave her a chance.

However, those three weapons I mentioned above are very hard to employ, very hard especially when you love her.

if you want to discuss more with me, then PM me.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2019
backbone503:
Never trust or get 100% committed to a girl that keeps and enjoys the company of her ex(es) or other guys or one that places you at par or below anyother guy.

My advise: keep loving her, but have a plan B.

Stupid advice. Why not just save yourself the headache and breakup with her?
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by carter009(m): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
But having a plan B is better.
UyaiIncomparabl:

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by backbone503(m): 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

being the most logically thing you'd have done?
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by millionboi2: 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her, she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life.

She says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then. When she went back to school, she told me he called her to come see him but she declined.

I know she loves me very much, she has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt but she still has a Soft Spots for her Ex.

Its making us have issues most times. Of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone. She said she wanted to check on him. It weakened me alot.

But she said it was nothing, even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission. She claims she only called to tell him that the brother has written his PUME exams...

When i look at her, I have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up, she could not ansa. I asked her if she still loves him, she could not ansa, she only tell me she cant go back to him, that she loves me..

I know she won't go back to him, but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well, so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen.

Anything he tells her she believes him, notwithstanding, anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her, am just confused.. I have already told her i cant continue again becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....

Please i need advice
she can't let go d two dick

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 12:36am On Aug 08, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
how
Are you from anambra State
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Kaycee54321(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hello. I 'requested' to send you a PM via your mail here. I would be grateful if you accept.This is not me trying to waste your time.I would appreciate if we could discuss a matter which is important to me and could be worthwhile for you too.Privately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uneducated Men Who Sponsor Ladies To School With Intention Of Marriage / "I Only Stuck With Him Because Of His Money" / Nigerian Guys Cannot French Kiss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.