Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? (30349 Views)

I Said Yes - Young Lady Engaged To Old Man (Pictures) / My Girlfriend Has Been Lying To Me About Being broke, should i breakup? / How Do I Breakup With A Native Doctor's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Slimpotter(m): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2019
TerryMcGinis:
guy break up with her and join our single bastards crew angry undecided
Batman beyond

3 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by deltateam: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The op was the one pumping her for information. He know she cannot go back to the said ex so why get worked up? Some men think because you dating them, they should be your alpha and omega, things don't work like that. This Op girlfriend might simply be on contact with d said ex because of her brother's admission. And if she cut ties now, I know say this Op no go fit run d admission thing for her brother o.
The op should guard his insecurities.

So if one of the conditions for the admission is to raise legs for her ex. Won't you?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by congo4ka: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Things NAIJA boys and men do all in the name of relationship. They are not just worth it. I will prefer to date a Ghana or other African
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Whatthesugar: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
Wow
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by alobright17(m): 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her, she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life.

She says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then. When she went back to school, she told me he called her to come see him but she declined.

I know she loves me very much, she has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt but she still has a Soft Spots for her Ex.

Its making us have issues most times. Of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone. She said she wanted to check on him. It weakened me alot.

But she said it was nothing, even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission. She claims she only called to tell him that the brother has written his PUME exams...

When i look at her, I have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up, she could not ansa. I asked her if she still loves him, she could not ansa, she only tell me she cant go back to him, that she loves me..

I know she won't go back to him, but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well, so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen.

Anything he tells her she believes him, notwithstanding, anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her, am just confused.. I have already told her i cant continue again becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....

Please i need advice

Are you saying you can't be able to stop your own girlfriend or make her at least promise never to talk to her ex again even though she might kept the communication secret ? are you that weak because of Love ?
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by BlueAir: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2019
drips8:
You should quit the relationship if you feel insecure

Your peace of mind is very important
exactly. He only needs to tell her "lets take a break and give u time to decide if u are truly ready to move on" if she says no op should stand his ground and watch her leave

And delete her from his memory. Nothing beats peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
Ju man
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by opeyehmmy(m): 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2019
OP, look, they've said it all. My only contribution is that IF SYMPTOMS PERSISTS AFTER TWO DAYS, CONSULT AMADIOHA.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by deltateam: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
lilpage14:
just tell her you want a short time break up for her to figure out who she wants, either you or her ex. if she agrees then look for another girlfriend. if she disagrees and still keep in touch with her ex ( just break up with her ).

if she loves you she will do anything to save the relationship

Within that short time, she cut bleep her ex and still come back to you. You just gave her chance to bleep.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by penjm: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2019
to be truthful with u, let her go or get ready to marry a woman who loves another. what are u thinking about her silence over ur questions?

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Gkemz: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
Women are unpredictable. Your assumptions could be right or wrong. Well, I know how you feel but you need to give her some space. it appears like you're obsessed with her. Every woman wants to have some space. So don't so clingy besides if she's not yours, she not yours. Btw how do you know she can't leave you when she still have a soft spot for the ex because from your write up you sound so confident.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by bossrillboss: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2019
Sundrus:
No come dey disturb us here over woman way u no ready to marry angry
..Walahi.total rubbish fa.

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by DameB(f): 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
You made a lot of point bro..i dont want love to cloud my judgement and make me see the obvious and ignore it...i know deep down i cant do anytin abt it because its a tin of feelings and emotions..but anger is why would she call her ex all in the name of wanting to check on him..later saying it was because of her brodas admsn..i have browsed on several relationship platforms online..and they all say situations like this dont end well ..i dont kn wat to do again
It's wrong to play mind games with anyone, least of all your partner whom you say you love or to intimidate her.... You are gently towing the path of emotional abuse if you do...
Sit her down and talk to her openly, let her know that whatever she decides is ok with you... If you are not cool with the ex in her life, state your boundaries and stick to it

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by bossrillboss: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
My Gf of Almost 3 years, her Ex still calls her anytime he likes even though not Frequently, she once told me she felt bad about him that he did nothing to her, she so much believe him to an extent he calls her to tell her things that he Dreamt about her life.

She says most of his Dreams comes to Past while they were Dating then. When she went back to school, she told me he called her to come see him but she declined.

I know she loves me very much, she has proven it to me beyond any reasonable doubt but she still has a Soft Spots for her Ex.

Its making us have issues most times. Of recent i saw a dialled log of her ex on her phone. She said she wanted to check on him. It weakened me alot.

But she said it was nothing, even though the ex is actually helping her kid bro for his admission. She claims she only called to tell him that the brother has written his PUME exams...

When i look at her, I have this feeling she still have a soft spot for her ex..i told her can she see her ex call and not pick it up, she could not ansa. I asked her if she still loves him, she could not ansa, she only tell me she cant go back to him, that she loves me..

I know she won't go back to him, but i know this to be sure she still have a Soft spots for her ex..and her ex knows this very well, so he calls her anytime he likes knowing fully well he knows how to talk to her for her to listen.

Anything he tells her she believes him, notwithstanding, anytime he calls her ,she tells me that he called her, am just confused.. I have already told her i cant continue again becuase i cant continue to hurt my self....

Please i need advice
..my frnd goan siddon jare.dey mumu urself dia.

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by dotunbidemi: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
Bro I congratulate you, this life na game now she don show you her card you have to be smart and hold yours for as long as you can like toy with her life and feeling for the next 5 years or so then get married a month after dumping her. Congrats Bro the game is all yours to win. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by thugmansion(m): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
Your cup of tea.
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
I banned her from such communication

undecided
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
You've answered the question by yourself

Gbefun Ogami Sir.
Awon eyan FBI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by peteabua(m): 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
FIRST OF ALL!!!!
WHY ARE YOU CHECKING HER PHONE ?
THAT MEANS YOU DONT TRUST HER...
THEN, YOU CANT MARRY SOMEONE YOU DONT TRUST.......
IF YOU TRUST HER YOU NEED NOT BOTHER YOU BRAINS ABOUT THIS SO CALLED EX...........

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Thesunnys: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2019
Na wetin concerns me
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2019
Nothing concerns you and the ex guy ... . you are now in her life, determine how you run it or she may one day get tired of your anxious moods. And decide to leave both of you for a mature mind.....

Let the guy be calling her, . ..give her the freedom she deserves, love what she loves , even invite the guy over for a drink .. ...

Then watch how she will lose her love for the guy..

You mentioned that the ex helps her bro with his admission.. .hope you are equally trying in that aspect. ..

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by levi2(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:

Please i need advice

From what I can see here, is like this OP is stalking his gf apart from being insecure. I believe you always enquire about her ex a lot. I also believe that you monitor your gf too much which is the cause of your low confidence. You need to work on yourself first, and believe me so long as you are not married to her, my brother she owes you no damn explanation, you should be lucky she likes you enough to even tell you she is speaking with her ex.
I say you should concentrate on making money than worry about your insecurities abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by aziaka111(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
doris4u:

U have dated ur gal for 3 years and she is still in contact with her ex, hmmm the truth is that she still has a thing for her ex, am a lady . I know wat am saying.
By now considering the length of time u guys have dated , she is not supposed to be in contact with her ex for any reason.
It's better u pull out little by little if u can for your own sanity.
Only God knows if they are already sleeping with each other behind your back.
u have spoken well dear u just said my mind

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by luminouz(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2019
Chukapage:
you sef won't you be insecure when your man is always contacting his ex frequently for one thing or the other? Op is human ,he is feeling insecure there is nothing "Men" about it don't try to "Genderize" it..Op trust your instincts ,guts and intiuiton believe me bro when your instincts start telling you something is wrong something is wrong!
U dey mind that one?
Its then they will give u ultimatum....'choose her or me now' while yelling at you like a crazed dingbat! grin

Women,I love them

3 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
I undastand. I love her very much..like she undastand me well..i plan to marry her ...i know she loves me very she has proven that to me which i know..but this ex thing is jst giving us issues..she only tells me the only reason she still relates with him it because of her brothers admission..and he is also using it as a meduim to still contact her..

I pity guys like u still believing those fables they tell u.. You will be shocked at the things she yells her ex too. You better acknowledge Okafor's law and do the needful that is if the ex hasn't already been applying the law steadily right under ur nose angry
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Clinghton: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
She is confused BTW her past(ex) and present (you).
At this point anything can happen
Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Equity15(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
hmmmm..almost same scenario as mine. but the other way round. we broke up last year, due to tribal and religion difference (of which I know it's a lie) cos a week or two later I heard she was dating one yahoo guy like that...I was vexed and motivated to hustle harder..no be say i too broke sha..I dey try for the gal, i dey buy join money buy her fone when she needs one + also send her small change every month end tho I was a student then.

now to your matter, she calls me occasionally and we talk for hours, I have never called her cos from the way she talks I feel she still has soft spots for me even tho she doesn't fail to flaunt her she and her current bf love each other and he bought her iPhone 8+ and some other goodies even when I've never asked her about their r/ship. last time she called we talked for long with her saying she couldn't believe I could live without her and all sort of rubbish. I decided to play along telling her I've missed her and how I'm hustling to make money so as to come get her..she the way she was blushing on fone, I immediately felt pity for the bf. she also disturbs that she wants to see me..that since we broke up we haven't met...i said it's not neccesary..her priority should be her new bf. I asked her if her bf knows she still calls me, she said yes, cos she assured him nothing will happen between us cos she can't leave him, that she loves him(identical to your gf, right).

now, I don't plan on getting back with her cos I tried to put my self in her bf's shoe and I know that wouldn't be nice. even though I know I still stand a chance to see her panties again but it's not just right to me. and yeah , I was her first.

now back to you...tell her you aren't comfortable with her contacting the ex always, it isn't hygienic. cos my mum was once said cos goat be your friend no mean say e no go chop your am...say NO to male besties/ very close friends, ex's that don't wanna remember they are exs and finally trust no gal.. i'm speaking from experience.. have a nice day

*modified*
and I forgot...make more money, these things won't disturb you.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Stillthebest: 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Its not that i feel insecure..she has no plans of going back to him..but she listens to him Nd i dont like it

shocked

Keep defending a woman. "Oju e a ja" when she finally japa to hee ex it would do u like magic when you finally read a chat of how they did that "thing"..Tell her to stop exchanging calls with him in one word and mean it. Don't even look back after you must have said it.

Before you do this be sure u are ready to give out that ring! Ire oo

What type of friendship will both cats and rats keep?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
The op was the one pumping her for information. He know she cannot go back to the said ex so why get worked up? Some men think because you dating them, they should be your alpha and omega, things don't work like that. This Op girlfriend might simply be on contact with d said ex because of her brother's admission. And if she cut ties now, I know say this Op no go fit run d admission thing for her brother o.
The op should guard his insecurities.

And you would have the same energy when it's the other way around ?. Just a guy still close to his female ex is enough to let any lady go jealous. If this situation were reversed for you, would you honestly stay claim without having second thoughts ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by TaminaliaCatapa: 2:09pm On Aug 06, 2019
justine94:
Ending a 3 year old aint easy..just want to know of am doing the right tin by calling it off

Bro TF?

You are not thinking properly because you have programmed ur brain into believing she is d only wife material left in Naija..that’s your fvcking problem here. Lemme tell you, what if she’s faking those shytes...she spends 10k in food blablabla....these ladies dey change o.....u no read one story here last week on NL?

I know u sef na player, na d point above dey make u dey do like mumu.

Tell her to direct all communications to her junior brother abi can’t her junior bro oversee it himself ni? Tell her next time you see her talk to the ex, it’s d end of ur fvcking relationship
OR
Since she wants to be a biatçh about it, fake loving her, find true love somewhere else and continue banging her puna...always remind her if she has called her ex everyday, if her answer is no, tell her to do as it’s only responsible to do so. By the time she noticed the asshole you are, the table would have turned in your favor and she’d be begging you to be real with her again.

That’s how to shatter and turn tables around!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Breakup With My Girlfriend Due To Old Flames? by XTHRONE(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2019
RuggedArab:
Law of Mr OKAFOR is a strong thing. Its either you cut off from your ex or I cut you off. “Choose ye whom you will serve”.

I keep hearing this Mr okafor law, pls what does it mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Safe Tips To Deflower Her Without Pains / Nigerian Guys Cannot French Kiss! / I Want Stay-At-Home Husband That'll Take Care Of The Kids, I'll Make Money- Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.