Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (317281 Views)

Love From The Thread. (an Ocean Of Secrets Sponsored Bonus Book.) / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 1:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
Love isn't crazy! so while in love use your head
Well, I just can't wait for the reunion part grin grin and thank you for raising Chris from the dead. Oshey joooor!
millieademi:

Actually, Chris died. That was my original intention but then something silly came to my mind and I raised him from the dead.

I totally love being a writer.

Gabriel, well. He got what came to him.

Moral lesson: don't do crazy things for love. I stand to negate Hercules and Megara's theory. Or maybe you can do crazy things when you're in love. Just make sure one of you is related to Zeus.

Reunion party loading.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by PrudySara(f): 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2019
World war III is about to start.... Ghen! Ghen! Thanks for the update Millieademi!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by SmithN: 5:22pm On Dec 12, 2019
Interesting, brothers want to fight themselves cos of their father stupidity, bring it on
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by aprilwise(m): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2019
I can't wait to read what follows next. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Botaflica(m): 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2019
I personally like the words of Dele.... If you like your head to remain on your neck.... World War I don’t know what number to put oooo�����

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
Nice wan dele,

OP abeg comma continue oooo

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2019
What a way to defend one's mother, nice one Dele.
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Blackween(f): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2019
Josipov:

Why the fear?
don't you think dele is doing all these so that he can get TINU back?

no, I believe Dele felt guilty for trying to take the twins from Tinu and he might change at any point in time

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 1:49am On Dec 13, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 2:47pm On Dec 13, 2019
Elsa turned to leave but the words of one of his sons stopped her. “You should be ashamed of yourself. You are bouncing your granddaughter while flirting with a married man. You’re a disgrace to womanhood.”, Remi hurled in anger.
“If you like your head to remain on your neck, I suggest you take that statement back.”, Dele said and walked up to them.
“And if he doesn’t?”, Tobiloba said.
“Dele, please let’s go. They’re worth it.”, Elsa begged. The glare he gave her silenced her.
“I will not stand by and let the spawn of this worthless piece of scum insult my mother.”, Dele said and dropped the baby carrier and walked closer to his father’s sons.
“Bamidele, please just go with your mother. I can handle this.”, Jola said.
“Do not mention my name. Ever.”, Dele said.
“The man you are referring to as worthless piece of scum is our father.”, Ibukun said. “If you know he’s a worthless piece of scum, tell your home wrecker of a mother to…” He didn’t get to complete the sentence before Jola's palm connected with his face in a resounding slap.
“That’s enough. Do not ever refer to Elsa as a home wrecker. Do you understand me?”, Jola shouted at his son. “If there are issues between your mother and I, it is our problem. Never ever should you insult the mother of my firstborn son. I will not stand by and watch it happen.”
The three Ige boys looked at their father in awe.
“Elsa, I apologise on their behalf. This won’t repeat itself again.”, Jola said. Elsa opened her mouth to accept his apology but Délé’s voice rang clear. “It better not. The day I see your bastards near my mother, that is the day you will mourn over them.”

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi cried and rested her head in Rosanna’s laps. Rosanna stroked her hair with one hand and typed on her phone with the other. She read the reply Dare sent her and stifled a giggle.
“Ro, what do I do?”, Seyifunmi sobbed.
“I’m but this is a classic case of I told you so. I’m not gonna skimp on words. I did tell you so. I told you to apologise and reach out to him but you wanted him to apologise first. So much for that.”
Seyifunmi raised her head and wiped her tears. “Did you not hear me when I said he told me the baby is his?”, she bawled. “He cheated on me.”
“He might have said it to spite you. I mean you’ve been in Lagos for months without getting in touch. He probably assumed that you’ve moved on. He didn’t want to seem like the loser in the relationship. It’s just a game of pride.”, Rosanna said as she replied the message she got.
“I doubt it. Dele’s not the type to play that sort of game. And he’s not one to deny his children. He told me straight up when we began dating that he was a divorcee with two children.”, Seyifunmi countered.
“Ok, if you say so.”, Rosanna said smiling at her phone. Seyifunmi snatched the phone from her cousin causing her to cry out in protest.
“I’m trying to make sense out of the situation and you’re texting? I’m your cousin. Family before men.”, Seyifunmi said.
“Fine. Sheesh! What are you going to do? Do you want to talk to Dele? Has things out?”, Rosanna asked.
“No. If he’s moved on, then I’ve moved on as well. I was wondering if Dare has any friends here, you could hook me up with.”, Seyifunmi said.
Rosanna’s jaw fell and Seyifunmi tipped it back up with her fingers. “P’anu de. Esinsin n bo.”
“Oluwaseyifunmi Aladesuyi, you have a problem. You don’t just know it yet. Give me my phone.”, she chided and snatched her phone out of Seyifunmi’s hand. “I should hook you up, abi? Don’t worry. Come back next week. “, Rosanna said and hissed.
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
“I don’t know what that man’s problem is. I honestly don’t know. He has a wife and children. What does he want with us?”, Dele said. His mother kept mute and looked at the dashboard.
“God saved those bastards of his. Ma a ti f'oju won ri mabo. I don’t even know why you entertained him. I’ve told you to warn him. You don’t want to hear now. If I should beat him up, I will not listen to stop. E ku ku mo ni.”, Dele continued and slowed down as they approached the traffic.
“You didn’t have to call them bastards or your father a worthless piece of scum.”, she stated still looking away.
“Let him know what it’s like to have the children of his loins called bastards. And a worthless piece of scum, that’s what he is. If they come to the house, let me know. I know their type. They are bastards and they don’t heed warning. They will always need a scapegoat. Mummy, if they come to the house and you don’t let me know, eyin ni ma ba fa o.”,
“Dele, will you at least calm down? The man you are calling all manner of unprintable names is your father. His blood flows in your veins. You are to honor your father and mother. Don’t let your anger make you son against God.”, his mother admonished.
“I maintain what I’ve always said. My father is dead. Besides, the same Bible that said honor you father and mother, admonished parents not to vex their children to wrath. Is it not the same Bible that said he who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel or that a man that puts away his wife for no just cause commits adultery? Let him face his own case with God and let me face mine.” Dele said and stepped on the accelerator.

7 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Slyvesterjosh: 3:11pm On Dec 13, 2019
Girlie more grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
Slyvesterjosh:
Girlie more grease to your elbow.

Thanks love
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by clipz01(m): 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
wow ve been a ghost reader for so long and its hunting me...

this is my first time commentting on any story ve read on nairaland....

@millie I swear... ur deliver of this story is from the top drawer... and ve not seen a story with so much twist I feel am reading a 'mario puzo' or 'sandra brown's' work.....

More grease to ur elbow .... u r meant for the stars as that ur stepping stone....

wen next I comment I will be criticizing lol

great peice of work tho...
more updates

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
“So how did things go with your friend?”, his mother asked.
Dele sighed and said, “That was Seyifunmi.”
“So what did she say?”, his mother asked in curiosity.
“Nothing much. She said sorry. Maybe for blocking me. I’m not sure. I guess she’s moved on. Things are over.”, Dele said.
“She broke things off?”
“Impliedly. She’s been in Lagos for months. She wants nothing with me anymore. I doubt she’d have ever reached out if we didn’t meet today. It was a nice relationship. Soothing even. But it’s not meant to be. And I don’t want to talk about it again.”
“Ok. If that’s what you want.”, his mother said.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Tinu’s eyes analysed the worn faded wood of the dock's floor. It was punctuated with the pointillism of termite art. The guard behind her nudged her in the back but she stood still. That dock would be where she’d stand while mere people strove to prove she killed the man she loved with all her soul. If they were successful, then she’d die for what she knew nothing about and her children would live the lives of orphans. A sob tore at her throat but swallowed the painful lump. Today wasn’t the day for tears. She needed to be strong more than ever. She slowly climbed the steps leading to the dock and the guard followed her. He unlocked her handcuffs and left her alone to stand for trial.
She turned around and saw Ajiri, Dele and Felicia on one side and the Oduah clan on the other side. Monique's face was fretful and she gave her a weak smile. Margaux noticed and swatted her sister’s hand Bridget, her mother-in-law was expressionless where her husband’s face was the epitome of justice, with a stern look on his face. Tinu could tell he was praying for her to get a death sentence rather than life imprisonment. She knew they loved Chris but they ought to believe her. She couldn’t have killed Chris. If she wanted him dead, she’d have let the cancer do it for her. She turned to face the head of the court. Soon, a judge would sit there and decide whether she was to live in captivity or die. Her lawyer had told her that with the gravity of the evidence the prosecution had she’d be lucky to get life imprisonment. He would decide if her children would grow up without the love of a mother. He would decide if she’d ever hear her son play the piano again. He would decide if she would ever see any of Tóminí’s drawings again. He would decide if she’d ever see her love in Chris Junior again. He would decide if she’d ever attend any graduations or convocations. He would decide if she’d ever see Tóminí in a wedding dress. He would decide if she’d ever see her children happily married and enjoying what she never did. The man held her entire life in his hands.
“Please, your attention everybody!”, the clerk of the court shouted. “I’m sorry to inform you that Justice Ekpo is in the hospital undergoing a major surgery. Hence, cases scheduled for today through to next week have been shifted. Counsels should please come for adjournment dates next week.”, the lady continued.

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2019
clipz01:
wow ve been a ghost reader for so long and its hunting me...

this is my first time commentting on any story ve read on nairaland....

@millie I swear... ur deliver of this story is from the top drawer... and ve not seen a story with so much twist I feel am reading a 'mario puzo' or 'sandra brown's' work.....

More grease to ur elbow .... u r meant for the stars as that ur stepping stone....

wen next I comment I will be criticizing lol

great peice of work tho...
more updates

God, guy you compared me to Mario Puzo. I think that the best compliment anyone's ever given me.

Thanks boo.

Thanks for the beautiful words.

Please bring on the criticism. I need it badly. But please o, constructive criticism.

Please o. Before you see the ugly of MillieAdemi. You've been warned o.

Thank you love.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
Guys, I'm really sorry for the skimpy updates. There's been no light and no fuel. I promise a lengthy update on Sunday, once I'm able to charge properly in church.

Please guys just so you prepare your hearts and minds. Get your tissue boxes ready. Ocean of Secrets will be coming to an end in the next chapter and surprisingly with a cliffhanger I never intended.

The sitch is that after this book is done, I'm probably gonna take some time off to edit and I'll publish, God willing, on Okadabooks.

So the next book might not start until January. Or as the Spirit and my love for you guys lead.

I love you guys so much.

You've bolstered my confidence in my writing and I'll never forget you for that.

4 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by clipz01(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2019
millieademi:

God, guy you compared me to Mario Puzo. I think that the best compliment anyone's ever given me.

Thanks boo.

Thanks for the beautiful words.

Please bring on the criticism. I need it badly. But please o, constructive criticism.

Please o. Before you see the ugly of MillieAdemi. You've been warned o.

Thank you love.

lol very funny... I do enjoy criticizing more then praising tho but u were too good had to take break from my norm tho

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by chetaobi(m): 11:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
You need to use grammarly to assist you in making corrections on your spellings and tenses. You can download it to your laptop and it pops up whenever you type something online.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Jolá Ige looked at his sons and shook his head. He couldn’t believe the words they had uttered that afternoon. Impenitence coated their faces and demeanor. He could feel the heat their anger but theirs didn’t match his. He couldn’t stomach the insults they doled to Elsa. Not his Elsa. Not the mother of his first born. Not the woman that made him a father. He watched his wife walk in with worry on her face.
She met her sons standing with their arms crossed and her husband sitting in fury hitting his thighs together, mumbling under his breath and eyeing his sons.
“Kemi, sit down.”, he said without looking at her. She could tell this wasn’t the time ask questions. She sat opposite her husband. She watched him perch on the edge of his sofa. “Kemi. Ba awon omo e s'oro. Talk to your children. This attitude of theirs will make me disown them.”
“God forbid.”, she said in fear and snapped her fingers around her. “Oluwatobiloba, Oluwaremilekun, Ibukunoluwa, what did you three do?”
“We caught your husband with another woman.”, Ibukun said.
“You can see the way he is referring to me.”, Jola said pointing at him. “They came to the hospital today and started calling Elsa and Bamidele all manner of unprintable names. I know they don’t know the circumstances that brought us together. Tell them. If I hear that they approached Elsa or Bamidele or they insulted them, they can forget they have a father.”, he put in and left the room.
Kemi sighed and bowed her head. She had dreaded this day. She had hoped that it would never come. How was she supposed to tell them the truth? If only they didn’t act so badly, then she’d never have this conversation with them.
“Sit down.”, she said.
“Mummy, I don’t understand how you can take this sitting down. He is cheating on you and…”, Remilekun started.
“Will you shut your mouth and sit down?”, she snapped.
“What circumstances is Daddy talking about?”, Tobiloba asked as he sat.
“You were never supposed to know. And if not for the stupid stunt you three pulled, I would have taken this secret to my grave.”, she said.
“What are you talking about?”, Ibukun asked and sat close to his mother.
“You see, Anjola Ige is not cheating on me. He is too honourable for that. The woman you saw him with was his first wife. The reason he left her is not your business. I met him when my in-laws wanted to kill me with their barbaric widowhood trial by ordeal. I escaped and I was lucky enough to be found by him. I had almst died when he found me and I owe him my life. He nursed me back to health. He married me to protect me from the wrath of my in-laws. I was seven months pregnant with you, Remilekun then. Tobi, you were just over a year. He protected us despite the heartache he was going through. If it hadn’t been for him, we would have died.”, she explained.
“Are you saying he is not our father?”, Remilekun asked.
“Im saying he stepped into the shoes of a father when he didn’thave to. There’s a reason we don’t celebrate our wedding anniversary. We got married two years before we adopted you, Ibukun. To protect you all from the nasty truth, we vowed never to tell you this. If you hadn’t provoked him, he would never ask me to tell you this.”, she said.
“So, none of us are his children?”, Ibukun asked.
“My womb was badly damaged after having Remi. I couldn’t conceive again. That’s why we opted to adopt you Ibukun and Itunnu.”, she said and sighed. “This doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you. He loves you three so much. He loves your sister as well. But you have to understand him. You insulted the mother of his son. It is natural for him to react the way he did.”, she explained.
“He loves us?”, Tobiloba asked as he stood.
“Yes, he does.”,his mother answered.
“I doubt it. He has no reason to. He simply had no choice with his wife and son gone. Now they’re back, he has no use for us anymore. I am grateful for his care over the years. But I don’t buy that he loves us. I’ve concluded my dealings here in Abuja. I’ll be leaving for Asana first thing tomorrow morning. Say me well to your husband.”, Tobiloba said and left.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Gabriel groaned as he pushed open the gate of his compound. The clanking of the gate as he shut it caused his head to throb and bang. His concussion was barely healed but he couldn’t afford the hospital bills. They had already taken a sizeable portion of his savings. He couldn’t believe the woman he loved could do that to him. Anger seethed within him. He did everything she asked and she couldn’t love him in return. Was loving him such a bad idea? Ever since she came up with the revenge mission to make Tinu pay for getting her fired, he stood by her despite the ludicrousness of her notion. MJ firmly believed that if it weren’t for Tinu who Bewitched her boss and caused him to fire her for not being able to find her, she would have been able to take a loan from her workplace for Simon’s transplant. Simon’s heart failed and MJ blamed Tinú.
Despite the absurdity, he helped her orchestrate her plans and bring them to fruition. How could she not love him? He shuffled to his apartment and met Tanya sitting in front of his door. God, he wasn’t ready for drama and pretense. He rolled his eyes as she jumped up from the threshold to meet him.
“Gabriel, are you okay?”, she asked in panic, looking at his bandaged head.
“Please, reduce your voice.”, he groaned.
“Sorry.”, she whispered. He fumbled his pocket for his keys and brought them out. Tanya collected them from him and opened the door. He mumbled a thank you and entered his house. He crashed onto the nearest sofa. He wanted so badly to sleep but his stomach grumbled telling him sleep wasn’t the next thing.
“What do you want to eat?”, Tanya asked.
“Anything, please.”, he sighed.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi stormed into the café and looked around for her cousin. She found her in a corner having lunch with a friend. She stomped towards that direction and sank onto the empty.
“Good afternoon, people.”, she greeted and picked up Rosanna’s bottle of water and downed it.
Rosanna sighed at the typicality of the act. “Ose, my cousin Seyifunmi. Seyifunmi, my new friend and one time crush Ose.” Seyifunmi smiled and assessed Ose from head to toe unabashedly.
“I thought you were exaggerating when you said he was dropdead gorgeous.”, Seyifunmi said and smiled flirtatiously at Ose. Rosanna’s jaw dropped. “You’re becoming a flytrap again.”, Seyifunmi cautioned still ogling Ose.
“First off, I said he’s a showstopper not dropdead gorgeous. Second, can you stop staring at him like he’s a piece of meat at Oyingbo market.”, Rosanna chided.
“Please, can you stop using Oyingbo market in all your references? It’s getting annoying. Ose, I’m sorry. I was just fooling around.”, Seyifunmi said and picked up Rosanna’s halfeaten sandwich.
“Its okay.”, Ose said and let out a breath of relief.
“You looked like you were going to run for the hills any second.”, Rosanna said giggling.
“The hills aren’t far enough.”, Ose said laughing.
“Why are you here? Don’t tell me you left the house to come and steal my lunch.”, Rosanna said.
“Haha. I steal your lunch because I love you. My date was a horrid mess and I needed to bitch about it.”, Seyifunmi said.
“That was today?”, Rosanna asked and leaned forward in anticipation of the hot gist.
“I ended up with the most arrogant penny-pincher. He makes Mr. Krabs look prodigal.”, she said.
“That bad?”, Ose asked.
“We went to see a movie with a bottle of water and a Buttermint.”, Seyifunmi exclaimed and the other two burst into laughter.
“its not funny.”, Seyifunmi said.
“Sorry.”, Ose apologized.
“Why are you telling her sorry? I warned you, didn’t I? Not to throw Dele away. At least, Dele would take you out to eat a three course meal before seeing a movie. Now, you’re with a stingy miser, you’re complaining. The last guy was a thief. The one before that was a pervert. Don’t worry. The next one will be a serial killer.”, Rosanna said and hissed.
“That’s what you’ll say?”, Seyifunmi asked crestfallen.
“Don’t mind her. We’re going clubbing. Do you want to come along?”, Ose offered.
“Who’s we? I never said yes.”, Rosanna countered.
“We’ll be ready by nine.”, Seyifunmi piped up in alacrity.
“Like I said. Who’s we?”, Rosanna asked and the other two giggled.
“I’ll borrow your metallic grey dress. You can wear yourred dress.”, Seyifunmi said.
“No. That red dress is only for Dare’s eyes.”, Rosanna said and they catcalled causing her to smile in embarrassment.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2019
chetaobi:
You need to use grammarly to assist you in making corrections on your spellings and tenses. You can download it to your laptop and it pops up whenever you type something online.

Will do dear.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by clipz01(m): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2019
Nice update millie

But personally I feel the plots were a bit diluted... The part were jola cudnt have children with his new wife kemi.. was predictable sorry to say but I saw it coming... to some extent its a pattern with u.. it's nice tho buh wen u push ur luck too much with that kind of plot it becomes.... more or less a 'pity' plot and is very predictable....

Buh on the whole its great..... keep up

hope I didnt hurt ur feelings.... lol
happy sunday tho
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:44am On Dec 15, 2019
Wow, I never imagined Rosanna and Ose will become friend's, I'm loving Sheyifunmi and her tantrums.....who knows how that next date will turn out grin
I just hope the way MJ treated Gabriel will make him expose her so that my Tinu will be free.

Thanks for the update ma'am, God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
clipz01:
Nice update millie

But personally I feel the plots were a bit diluted... The part were jola cudnt have children with his new wife kemi.. was predictable sorry to say but I saw it coming... to some extent its a pattern with u.. it's nice tho buh wen u push ur luck too much with that kind of plot it becomes.... more or less a 'pity' plot and is very predictable....

Buh on the whole its great..... keep up

hope I didnt hurt ur feelings.... lol
happy sunday tho

Happy Sunday dear.

Thanks. Please can you pinpoint the pattern? Please I'd like to see it from your view.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
Ann2012:
Wow, I never imagined Rosanna and Ose will become friend's, I'm loving Sheyifunmi and her tantrums.....who knows how that next date will turn out grin
I just hope the way MJ treated Gabriel will make him expose her so that my Tinu will be free.

Thanks for the update ma'am, God bless you

You're welcome love. Amen

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by clipz01(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
millieademi:

Happy Sunday dear.

Thanks. Please can you pinpoint the pattern? Please I'd like to see it from your view.

ok lemme see if I can recall some....

like in the case of Chris snr 's inability at first to conceive children with Tinu...

Then the part were Felicia also lost her baby... cant recall the rest tho...

am not saying the plot isnt good buh there is this kinda trageic pattern that is predictable with the main characters....

I guess that's just it tho for nw...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Bridgovoks: 5:12am On Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the updates

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Zuriel100(m): 1:39am On Dec 17, 2019
milli love...I feel like taking u out on a date.... u beautiful, ur plot are OK... d decision to reawake Chris snr is so refreshing... more grace...

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by shemy: 8:03am On Dec 19, 2019
Millibaby,
Thanks for the good write up, i have been glued to this story ehen.

abeg, update o

More grace.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by oghenekome51(f): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2019
Three days, was what took for me to read the story to this extent! Gracias! Thank You!
words cannot described how I feel about you story Millieademi!
One thing for sure is that your write up pattern are unique, intriguing, mind blowing, soulful, fiction less, superb, wonderful, excellent and above all THRILLING!

Its just like im reading one of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Series but with a different plot. Jah Bless you for this!

All I'm trying to say is that please you have an added hungry follower, and as such, please don't hesitate to feed us or quench our thirst! (I know you wont)

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by vm231: 4:48am On Dec 20, 2019
My first ever comment on this platform
Babe U're not good, better is too small and best is an understatement... u're truly not normal and I think using BESTEST 4 u is still small. U break my skull Babe

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi hissed as she turned from the vanity to face Rosanna who was blushing with the phone at her ear. She had been on the phone with Dare since she got out of the shower. A twinge of jealousy stabbed Seyifunmi. She used to have long conversations with Dele. She enjoyed those conversations even though their subjects were meaningless most times. She swallowed the bitter lump of pain in her throat and turned to face the mirror. It was not Rosanna’s fault she and Dele broke up. Dare and Rosanna we’re back together after ten years. She had to be happy for them. She was. She shook her head. She wouldn’t be bitter about Rosanna’s love life. Rosanna deserved to be happy. And if her relationship with Dare made her happy then she’d accept it in good faith. She picked up her mascara wand and darkened her lashes.
“Babe, I have to go. I love you and I miss you so much. We’ll talk later.”, Rosanna rambled and hung up. She exhaled and looked at Seyifunmi guiltily. “ I’m sorry. We just had so much to say.”
“I understand. Get dressed. I need to check if my phone is fully charged.”, Seyifunmi said and stood. She looked at her reflection and ran her hands down her sides. She turned to face Rosanna. “How do I look?”
Rosanna looked from the ponytail on Seyifunmi’s head to the large teardrop pendant, hanging from the silver chain around her neck to the seemingly modest, electric blue, sleeveless, flare jumpsuit. Rosanna knew the jumpsuit had slits by the sides that ran up to Seyifunmi mid thighs. The black lace illusion neckline had a deep v that gave a hint of Seyifunmi’s décolletage if you looked close enough. And black, peep toe, sling back platforms adorned her feet.
“You look as sexy as sin.”, Rosanna answered.
Seyifunmi’s lips turned up in a weak smile. “Are you okay?”, Rosanna asked.
“The sooner I get on the dance floor, the sooner I can feel better.”
“If this is about my comment at lunch today, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. I know you can can find someone better than Dele. I was only mad you didn’t want to apologise first and you and Dele are so good together..”
“Ro, I’m not mad. Really. Dele’s a bygone. And I don’t care if I get someone who takes me to dinner before a movie or someone that calls me non-stop or someone I can play games with or someone who lets me use his laps as a pillow. I don’t care. I only want to be happy and my happiness will not depend on a man. Not as long as I am Oluwaseyifunmi Oyindasola Aladesuyi. Right now, I want to dance and scream and groove and maybe get drunk but that depends on who is driving when we are coming home.”
Rosanna simply nodded and Seyifunmi walked out of the room. Rosanna sighed and wondered if Seyifunmi’s happiness depended on her or on the man she called a bygone.
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Seyifunmi struggled out of the throng of sweaty, funky bodies and back to their table. She panted as she crashed onto one of the seats. Ose and Rosanna were still battling on the dance floor. She was tired and her heels were torturing her feet. She contemplated getting a bottle of water from the bar. Before she could get out of the seat, a young man sat beside her. He flashed her a smile and she gave him a clipped one in return. He was so not her type. She looked him from his full hair to his big eyes to his small moustache. She never gave a thought to a man’s facial hair but since Dele, she preferred her men bearded. She sighed inwardly. She had to stop comparing prospects to Dele. He had broad shoulders so that was a plus. No rippling pectorals but he wasn’t pudgy. He looked like he just got off work in his blue shirt and black slacks. He liked fun. Something Dele didn’t do. She berated herself. She was doing it again. He’d do. Even if , to practice her flirting skills.
“I’m Emmanuel. What’s your name, beautiful?”, he shouted above the music.
“What exactly about me is beautiful?”, she said sultrily and crossed her legs. Her thighs were exposed and his eyes descended immediately.
He can’t even hide it.
“Everything, Aphrodite.”, he remarked.
Ok, he seems educated.
“Anyone can tell me I’m beautiful. Even a lout on the street can call me fine girl. I don’t give my name to a man who can’t tell me exactly what about me he finds beautiful.”, she cooed and leaned towards him in mock interest.
“Why do I feel like I’m before a Sphinx?”, he said smiling.
“Then you know you have only two tries left before you lose your chance. And that’ll be a pity because I find you quite intriguing, Emmanuel.”, she said toying with a strand of her hair. She leaned backwards so he could get a hint of her cleavage.
“What can I say? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my eyes, you have the prettiest eyes I’ve ever seen.”
Eyes? Really?
“What color are my eyes then?”, she said and turned away from him.
“Brown. The most luscious brown, I’ve ever seen.”, he replied.
She turned to face him and tsked. “Third try gone wrong. If you had said black, I might have been inclined to give you another chance. If you had said gray, I would have told you my name. Emmanuel, my eyes are charcoal and they’ve never been brown. Not when I walked into this club, not when I danced and certainly, not now.”
Only Dele had gotten the color right. She realized she’d never get him out of her system if she kept going through men and rejecting them because they couldn’t meet up to some unknown standard Dele had set. A good one night stand would make her forget about him..
“Touche.”, he said and made to leave but she held his arm.
“Don’t count your losses yet, Emmanuel. You did intrigue me and I think you deserve a reward.”, she whispered and pressed her lips softly to his. She smiled wickedly at his reaction to her kiss. “How about a dance?”
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Rosanna's eyes met Ose's and an unspoken sentence passed with the gaze. What on Earth is wrong with her? Rosanna turned to look at her cousin who was seducing every man within a twenty feet radius. Even Ose seemed affected. She twirled and whined her waist and hips provocatively. She was asking for something with that dance and any of the men around would love to give it to her. From the looks of things, the guy she was grinding and undulating against would not be able to take his hard-on any longer.
She knew Seyifunmi loved being the center of attraction but she never went this far. This was borderline f ***play and seduction. Seyifunmi wasn’t a one night stand lady. Why on Earth was she dancing like she wanted to start on orgy? She had to put and end to the madness. She walked up to her cousin and pulled her off the dancefloor, ignoring her shouts and pinches of protest.
“What the hell, Ro?”, she yelled in the hallway by the restrooms.
“What the hell to you too? What the f*** was that?”, she asked pointing in the direction on the dancefloor.
“Dancing.”
“That wasn’t dancing. That was a mating call. That was come, f*** me, I’m h*rny as hell. That was not dancing.”, Rosanna shouted.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”, Seyifunmi said impenitently.
“I don’t know what has come over you. But get your shit together and…”
“Who exactly are you to tell me what I should do? You’re not my mother and last time I checked you’re not my sister.”, Seyifunmi hurled. Her words slapped Rosanna so hard that she blinked in shock. “You don’t tell me what to do.”
“Youre right. I’m not your sister but I’m not going to let you act a hooker cum stripper just because your head isn’t on straight. If you want to offer yourself on a platter to the whole of Lagos because your hung up on Dele, be my guest. But I won’t be part of the audience. I’ll just advise you to think past the now and think of tomorrow. I’m leaving.”, Rosanna hurled and left her standing there.

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2019
clipz01:

ok lemme see if I can recall some....

like in the case of Chris snr 's inability at first to conceive children with Tinu...

Then the part were Felicia also lost her baby... cant recall the rest tho...

am not saying the plot isnt good buh there is this kinda trageic pattern that is predictable with the main characters....

I guess that's just it tho for nw...

Anything tragic that happens is for a reason.

But thanks for stating your view, love. It's appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (71) (Reply)

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / [story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.