Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (26654 Views)

7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by franugo(m): 4:26pm On Aug 24, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you can't blame people..if you know what some people have passed through,you won't talk like that....people are very ungrateful

I do know...I have been on d receiving end...I've had monies loaned out that were not repaid. But dt shouldn't turn someone off this much..
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by michbax(m): 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2019
Let me quickly share some experiences.. I am a hustler... I started hustling quiet early in life, after my secondary education2008, getting admission proofed abortive until 2014, I had friends whom were in school univ.. I made it a point of duty to help out whenever salary was paid..

I finally secured Admission in 2014 session, I was obviously hoping that my friends would reciprocate.. how wrong I was, infact it was just one person at all the persons that I helped that reached out.

God raised friends that i never helped to support me throughout my University days.

while in school I still help in paying part of some student's fee, nobody that ever met me that didn't get help.. How I managed to leave comfortably and graduate still remains a surprise to me.

in 300 level, I was on my way to School, then the Bus stopped to get fuel, I saw an ALBINO MAN under the scorching sun with his wheel barrow, waiting to Carry load, I had compassion on him, I told someone to call him and he ran with his wheel barrow expecting to Carry load, I gave him 400 naira and we drove off, barely 2 minutes, I got a call from my cousin that he was going to send me money the next day, barely 24 hours I got an alert of 40k.. I don't know how this thing works but the principle in giving us damn strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

Where there is a will, there is a way. I am pretty sure you will be alright. Let us strike a deal, give your friend the help she requested and I will give you the money back
I long did that before I even brought it to nairaland.
just wanted to seek people's opinions on it Sha
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Hisduchess(f): 5:32pm On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
Thank you very much. God bless you for charging me up thru this
Thank you.may he bless you too
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Give without expectation

You always advice men to give, but misinform the female folks. Why?
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Alanikoko:

You always advice men to give, but misinform the female folks. Why?
That's untrue
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's untrue

Well, that's what I used to see
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
silento:
Don't let anybody deceive u into thinking that helping others will return u to square one , let me tell u I dash someone the last 5k in my account at the beginning of the year , owu blow me like 3weeks before I could stand again but u won't believe that now I earn my first million this year , help others and [b][/b]don't do it when ur camera is on , do it with ur heart and expect nothing in return God's blessing is the ultimate

You have got against yourself at the bolded
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luvyaself95(m): 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
megareal:

Has happened several times to me but I'm not daunted. Ultimately, I'm the one who gains because I definitely reap good from the act of helping. Bad experiences almost made me stop, but this year, that was my direct message to help people and I'm not regretting. I don't have much but from my small strength I do what I can.

So don't stop, always understand that those you help ultimately turn round to hurt you, in most cases but preparing your mind ahead helps you overlook.

Also, understand that helping with wisdom is better, good people who die don't exercise wisdom.
They are good in helping though which i know and can relate very well and you're right.
don't say those good people die because they didn't which wisdom don't they have to apply when is not evil they are doing human being are wicked just be happy you're reaping good from your kind gesture..
many are ingrate few are grateful...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Coolgent(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
she doesn't have an excuse or lie to tell u cos she has been caught red handed hence the reason for ignoring u

Yes grin.
I got married about 5yrs ago, one funny thing now is she is getting marry to Brother of my friend; the guy inquired about her cos he noticed she is my facebook friend!
I told him i knew nothing about her.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
Coolgent:

Yes grin.
I got married about 5yrs ago, one funny thing now is she is getting marry to Brother of my friend; the guy inquired about her cos he noticed she is my facebook friend!
I told him i knew nothing about her.
Oboy try silent o if not if the girl find out say u don yarn ur friend what's up and he break up the engagement she go send assassins for u oh.
naija girls no dey carry marriage matter joke oh.
btw how did u hack her Facebook password sef grin tell me the tricks
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by grandstar(m): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
ubunja:
dude this is women we're talking about. not the poor.

king Solomon used the phrase lowly one. The principle is the same. She's in dire straits and needs your help. Help her and ask nothing in return. Also don't broadcast it. It's wrong.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
grandstar:

king Solomon used the phrase lowly one. The principle is the same. She's in dire straits and needs your help. Help her and ask nothing in return. Also don't broadcast it. It's wrong.

don't bend scripture to defend your beliefs. The scripture means humans not women.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Coolgent(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
Oboy try silent o if not if the girl find out say u don yarn ur friend what's up and he break up the engagement she go send assassins for u oh.
naija girls no dey carry marriage matter joke oh.
btw how did u hack her Facebook password sef grin tell me the tricks
From KD? Wait till i come back.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by dollytino4real(f): 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
SmellingAnus:
not always true... I helped a male friend with 50k for him to add to what he has and pay his school fees... The guy later bleeped up big time... ( I don't want to explain what he did...) But e for better say I use that money take fvck ashawo although I am not the ashawo fvcking type...) These days I give because I feel lead and it's convenient for me to give not because any manipulations or whatever...
my dearie hw far u
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
NACE13:

Bro, na u F up. I dey observe as you dey spill enough Intel to give yourself up. Na why man suppose get more than one account, secondly no dey drop every details about yourself, like where you said you are a uniben student, you are in your finals. That's almost enough evidence to get you locked up

I have friends and family on Nairaland but they don't know who I am because I usually change my school's name or date of graduation and so on.

Just try reason am via sey you and some guys dey argue about something like this topic then it made you bring it here to seek people's opinion(s).

But you F up sha
thanks so much bro.
didn't even had that in mind.
thanks I've tried to edit off my details.
also I noticed that people that normally come here to seek help or advice always do that with an alternate or new account and not their main account.
lessons learnt bro
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
Coolgent:
From KD? Wait till i come back.
I don't understand
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2019
dollytino4real:
my dearie hw far u
fine babe... You don come back
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by dollytino4real(f): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
SmellingAnus:
fine babe... You don come back
no but very soon
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
dollytino4real:
no but very soon
okay o... You don rest well there na...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by dollytino4real(f): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
SmellingAnus:
okay o... You don rest well there na...
yes o, hw ph and their news
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
dollytino4real:
yes o, hw ph and their news
fine... We miss u...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by dollytino4real(f): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
SmellingAnus:
fine... We miss u...
I dey miss lunch time Bole
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
dollytino4real:
I dey miss lunch time Bole
grin grin them no get am there...
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by dollytino4real(f): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
SmellingAnus:
grin grin them no get am there...
not like ph type
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Elliot2(m): 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:
When a girl says she's in a platonic friendship with you, what does she really mean?

Is it just Casual friends with no relationship attached or Closed and deep friends to confide in with no emotions or affections or love relationship that you both are dating but absence of sex?

well I got a friend I asked her to define our friendship and she said we are just in a platonic friendship that's all. Though I like it that way cos I don't want any distractions as I don dey near to finish school so I'm battling how I'll shoot from this boundary 2:1 to first class which seems to be a Herculean task so dating and engaging on all those stuff may dampen my goal now.

Okay straight to the point, so this girl that told me we are nothing but platonic friends has some financial issues as she hasn't paid her fees as her parents are financially drained (dad got sacked, mom's business isn't flowing) so she risked suspending her studies cos she couldn't register her courses and the school fees is 50k (Course registration inclusive) and she had to struggle and hustle during the holidays and earned 20k and now needs 30k to complete an pay her fees and register her courses.

I long paid mine and there's this work that entered for me an I had 50k gain and tho I don't have any pressing needs except to boost my wardrobe and save the cash or by my mumsy a present.... But my mind and conscience is irking me that I should send her the 30k and help her out but that money is too much to give out to a platonic friend that I'm not sure I'll marry, so I should just start taking care of someone's future wife Due to the issues she's passing thru she may not be able to pay back.
so guys what's your advice in this? what's the extent of help u can give a platonic friend?
Had it been u were in my shoes would you lease out such amount of money to a platonic friend without refund

cc ubunja truthsbitter luvyaself95 dairrykid
I will advise you not to give,unless that platonic friend has in one way or the other,given you money,even if it is #10. Very very important, that you spend on someone who has spent on you. Look,we have a lot of predators in Nigeria who are looking for who to flinch others of their cash. Forget that feeling of friendship,they are wolves. Some of the reasons you shouldn't help.
1)You are not the only one she will or can task. You could be plan 13, and she may not tell you if others came through for her.
2). She may likely not come through for you in a time you need her help even if she can help
3) You may fall in love with her later. She may be unreasonable at that time with you,making you guilty for asking her out cos you helped her in time past.
4) You are not her father
5) she could be lying. E.t.c.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:19am On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
thanks a lot.
I actually did that since.
I only came here to seek people's opinions and truth is, I gave her not because I need any future engagement with her which is a self centered gift but rather I gave her cos she was in need which was pressing and also cos it's something serious (uniben increased returning Student's tuition fees are we're no more paying the 13,400 but it's now 45k) so it affected her so I gave her and she paid.
thanks a lot sis for your counsel cool

God bless you.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:19am On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
thanks boss for that WhatsApp trick u once posted where u said in the last part that after viewing her chats one can go ahead and drink sniper.
I did spied on her WhatsApp tho.
Glad you're still alive
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DaBogu: 11:32am On Aug 26, 2019
Nice.
ArticleBeast:

Everything is not about sex. I hope one day you grow up to learn this truth. I recently secured a contract with a big firm through a female friend I assisted with 20k. If I was thinking like you then I wouldnt have gotten it.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by darediamond(m): 10:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
I said most not "all" so you are wrong to kick against me what I said which stems from varying experiences.
psalmuelwater:

Not True. You'll attract the kind of person you are. I've met wonderful and brilliant ladies. If all a lady has to offer is sex, then it means something is wrong with we the guys as well. It's not a one sided issue at all
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
verify her claims and help her as much as you can. don't be deterred because she knows about your coming here to seek the opinion of others.

Put her education and predicament above other factors.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Benwems(m): 3:16am On Sep 02, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

At What Age Does A Boy Become A Man? / Can You Allow Your Partner/spouse Go Through Your Phone? / My Fiance Was A Lesbian. Should I Still Marry her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.