Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? (26642 Views)

7 Nigerian Women On Platonic Friendships With Men / Is It Proper For A Married Woman To Have A Platonic Male Friend? / Five Things A Woman Can Offer In A Relationship Apart From Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by emsco(m): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
God knows i won't give such girl that huge amount of money.. If i can't date her then she can't have my money.
I can't give my money to a girl who is giving another guy her pussy.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by theenchanter: 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Any amount that won't make me break my purse at that particular time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by BucketMan: 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
ubunja:
the next level of Miseducations in the future will be about chasing women's cash more than their coochie.

That's where game really comes alive.
pls ubunja do this abeg..thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Rasbel(m): 11:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
It's obvious you won't give her
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by samydo(m): 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
DateMynd44:
mehn this is much.
I just had to take time to read this and it's very insightful.
I wonder where you guys and ubunja get ur own inspiration from

Mehhn I do wonder too but the truth is that they are just human beings like us

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by silento(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Don't let anybody deceive u into thinking that helping others will return u to square one , let me tell u I dash someone the last 5k in my account at the beginning of the year , owu blow me like 3weeks before I could stand again but u won't believe that now I earn my first million this year , help others and don't do it when ur camera is on , do it with ur heart and expect nothing in return God's blessing is the ultimate

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by extremelygolden: 11:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
Please help that girl since you can. Life could be funny atimes, she might be of great help to you in the future.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Well no much people are commenting because they've all gone to club, but my advice... If you're expecting anything in return then please desist from giving her, or maybe give her little that will not hurt you when things go sour between you both (as girls tend to leave guys when they get a boyfriend)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
So if a lady doesn't sleep with you, you can't help her ? Do you assume you will always be on the giving end ? Or maybe you think she will be broke forever ? What a shortsighted and selfish generation.
It's either she's your friend or she's not. In either case, you can figure out your response on your own and there is no need to pose your question here.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
If you give her en.. the thunder that would strike you is still doing pressup in ikeja
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by LoydJ(m): 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
Give her like 10_15k then use d rest Moni to pamper urself/buy gift for ur mumcee
Remember we rise by lifting others
If u re in the position to help anyone pls do without expecting anything in return
U can't predict what the future holds

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by NigPatriot(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Well, it's regrettable that Nigerian ladies have been subjected to be an exchange for money.
OP if you want to help, then help. Sex is ephemeral, but the joy from meeting the need of others is priceless. As long as the need is genuine. And she doesn't make it a regular occurrence making demand from you. If you can help bro, then do. Helping has never made anyone small, instead you rise by lifting others...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by luminouz(m): 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Shout out to that Nairalander that boosted me up to 500k for rent and shii that year. God bless you. Sorry it didn't work out, God knows best
You talk too much.. undecided
Now I know who you're talking of...and I'm not the only one!
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Curvydick001: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
sheDD:
Op
No doubts,truthbitter and as well ubunja wrote perfectly and logically from their perspective
Intelligence was so glaring in their analysis

But believe you me, this advice is the top notch to follow!!
I adjure just as every conscientious person would!! Follow this dictates!!
Thanks

God bless you sir I thought I was the only one that noticed that comment. Op don't look any further.
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by samydo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
Now this depends on the kind of person u are, 1; are you a giver?
2; do you have any emotional feeling for her?
Truthfully answer these questio to your self then try and differentiate the grounds on which you are standing to give the money, are u doing it because genuinely want to help her or u want her to see your relationship with her more than platonic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Thegamingorca(m): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
luminouz:

You talk too much.. undecided
Now I know who you're talking of...and I'm not the only one!

I'm wondering which kind human being go give am such cash to waste on rent

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by id4sho(m): 11:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
DateMynd44:
When a girl says she's in a platonic friendship with you, what does she really mean?

Is it just Casual friends with no relationship attached or Closed and deep friends to confide in with no emotions or affections or love relationship that you both are dating but absence of sex?

well I got a friend I asked her to define our friendship and she said we are just in a platonic friendship that's all. Though I like it that way cos I don't want any distractions as I don dey near to finish school so I'm battling how I'll shoot from this boundary 2:1 to first class which seems to be a Herculean task so dating and engaging on all those stuff may dampen my goal now.

Okay straight to the point, so this girl that told me we are nothing but platonic friends has some financial issues as she hasn't paid her fees as her parents are financially drained (dad got sacked, mom's business isn't flowing) so she risked suspending her studies cos she couldn't register her courses and the school fees is 50k (Course registration inclusive) and she had to struggle and hustle during the holidays and earned 20k and now needs 30k to complete an pay her fees and register her courses.

I long paid mine and there's this work that entered for me an I had 50k gain and tho I don't have any pressing needs except to boost my wardrobe and save the cash or by my mumsy a present.... But my mind and conscience is irking me that I should send her the 30k and help her out but that money is too much to give out to a platonic friend that I'm not sure I'll marry, so I should just start taking care of someone's future wife Due to the issues she's passing thru she may not be able to pay back.
so guys what's your advice in this? what's the extent of help u can give a platonic friend?
Had it been u were in my shoes would you lease out such amount of money to a platonic friend without refund

cc ubunja truthsbitter luvyaself95 dairrykid
Be guided, Get for your mummy gift and the rest for your wardrobe.
Live from the street.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by zigzagluv: 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
SPECIAL INFO TO GAME MEN,
ACCORDING TO MY SOURCE FBI AND INTERPOL ARE IN PRESENTLY IN NIGERIA WORKING WITH EFCC , WIRE BOYS AND CFO MEN ,PLEASE EVERYBODY SHOULD BE CAREFUL., INSTALL DEEP FREEZE ON YOUR SYSTEM AND ALWAYS CLEAR YOUR SYM , THEY ARE ON CODED NAME IN FACEBOOK , INSTAGRAM AND ALL FORUM NIGERIA ARE. PLEASE BE CAREFUL .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by bezimo(m): 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
If na guy..I will try my best, at least he won't ever forget that you helped him..but if na girl..I will try very little because from the book of experience chapter 1 vs 1..Girls forget in a hurry the help rendered to them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by babavik: 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
ubunja:
the next level of Miseducations in the future will be about chasing women's cash more than their coochie.

That's where game really comes alive.
please when you do,I beg you in the name of anything you worship please don't forget to mention me.
thanks

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Danwakae(m): 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
DateMynd44:
When a girl says she's in a platonic friendship with you, what does she really mean?

Is it just Casual friends with no relationship attached or Closed and deep friends to confide in with no emotions or affections or love relationship that you both are dating but absence of sex?

well I got a friend I asked her to define our friendship and she said we are just in a platonic friendship that's all. Though I like it that way cos I don't want any distractions as I don dey near to finish school so I'm battling how I'll shoot from this boundary 2:1 to first class which seems to be a Herculean task so dating and engaging on all those stuff may dampen my goal now.

Okay straight to the point, so this girl that told me we are nothing but platonic friends has some financial issues as she hasn't paid her fees as her parents are financially drained (dad got sacked, mom's business isn't flowing) so she risked suspending her studies cos she couldn't register her courses and the school fees is 50k (Course registration inclusive) and she had to struggle and hustle during the holidays and earned 20k and now needs 30k to complete an pay her fees and register her courses.

I long paid mine and there's this work that entered for me an I had 50k gain and tho I don't have any pressing needs except to boost my wardrobe and save the cash or by my mumsy a present.... But my mind and conscience is irking me that I should send her the 30k and help her out but that money is too much to give out to a platonic friend that I'm not sure I'll marry, so I should just start taking care of someone's future wife Due to the issues she's passing thru she may not be able to pay back.
so guys what's your advice in this? what's the extent of help u can give a platonic friend?
Had it been u were in my shoes would you lease out such amount of money to a platonic friend without refund

HOW CAN YOU BE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE'S OPINION ON THIS ......U ARE WICKED

IF U DONT SEND THAT MONEY TO HER ALLAH WILL NOT FORGIVE U...MUST U GIVE AND TAKE ..

BRO PLEASE , I DONT KNOW HER, BUT PLEASE HELP HER, SHE MIGHT JUST BE SAVING U FROM DEATH BY DEMANDING PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP...ALLAH IS THE MOST SUFFICIENT, BENEFICIAL...

IF U DO IT, ALMIGHTY WILL BLESS U MORE THAN THAT, WHEN U GRADUATE , GOOD WORKS WILL COME LOOKING FOR U IN'SHA ALLAH...AMIN.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Osobi32(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Everything is not about sex. I hope one day you grow up to learn this truth. I recently secured a contract with a big firm through a female friend I assisted with 20k. If I was thinking like you then I wouldnt have gotten it.
...... I just wonder how some guys think! Pls spare yourself the energy..... That guys is still naive about life. He puts sex first before anything and u can't change his mindset no matter how hard u try ok. I have a friend like that .

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:
So if a lady doesn't sleep with you, you can't help her ? Do you assume you will always be on the giving end ? Or maybe you think she will be broke forever ? What a shortsighted and selfish generation.
It's either she's your friend or she's not. In either case there is no need to pose your question.

MAY GOD BLESS U PLENTY.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by sanmtiago(m): 12:02am On Aug 24, 2019
Hey son! You don’t need no answers from this forum. Just follow your heart and do whatever comes to your mind. You mustn’t look for return of favours when doing good.
Don’t think because you gave her 30k she must return the favour by kind,or you have the right to marry her.
Do favours without any expectation son cause life is a fucking enigma!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by sanmtiago(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2019
I wonder how this generation think! undecided
Because you want to help somebody(girl) she must return the favor in kind. I have come to the conclusion that so many people are ill thinkers and closed minded. Just see people mentality *spits on this young lad’s premature brain*

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by DateMynd44(m): 12:16am On Aug 24, 2019
Danwakae:

HOW CAN YOU BE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE'S OPINION ON THIS ......U ARE WICKED

IF U DONT SEND THAT MONEY TO HER ALLAH WILL NOT FORGIVE U...MUST U GIVE AND TAKE ..

BRO PLEASE , I DONT KNOW HER, BUT PLEASE HELP HER, SHE MIGHT JUST BE SAVING U FROM DEATH BY DEMANDING PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP...ALLAH IS THE MOST SUFFICIENT, BENEFICIAL...

IF U DO IT, ALMIGHTY WILL BLESS U MORE THAN THAT, WHEN U GRADUATE , GOOD WORKS WILL COME LOOKING FOR U IN'SHA ALLAH...AMIN.
thank you very much bro God bless you
Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by greenprince(m): 12:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Truthsbitter:
look, i am a mixed personality (spiritual and logical). if you find it hard to understand something I wrote, call me back on the lines that are complex.
Okay let's consider these questions with sincerity before I say the truth.

Would your platonic friend do the same for you if the positions were reversed ?
Would you help any other friend with that amount if you find them in same position as your platonic friend?
If the answers to these questions are negative then consider yourself manipulated by your emotions and by the force of attraction within her personality. And if this is true then you are about to give wrongly.
(Giving in itself isn't bad but most male are too weak to see that emotional manipulation is draining them off everything. Their resources, affections, time, compassion , care...etc. they waste almost everything for unrighteous emotions).
Proverbs 25:28 KJV
He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
Women most times don't attach conscience to their judgement, that's why they can dump any relationship coldly at any point in time(If you like kneel down in public to propose marriage or in the presence of your father, they will decline once their heart isn't there but if you find out about the matter you would come to the findings that all the time while they remained in such relationship they would make the man feel so good that he would have spent his life and resources on them not knowing he is being played all along. grin foolish men). men are the ones who consider these things and so it is easy to manipulate these men by their conscience. But if your conscience aligns with the unsentimental truth within you, then you may offer help irrespective of any manipulation (it would sure backfire against the guilty in the end "the one who manipulates to extort the other. if there is", for you have cleared your conscience rightly).

If you decide to help her, help her because you are aware of her problems and you have DECIDED to help not because you FEEL you should help. your help won't be a blessing if it was controlled by just your emotions and not by the truth of the matter. it is better to give your cash to a beggar than to give your cash to a platonic (girl)friend, if truly the beggar needs the cash more.

Lastly I will tell you this. a girl who wants a platonic relationship with you is probably a manipulative girl than a truthful girl. Here is how it goes; If she has something intellectual to add to you, it's good. If she has a good character to imbibe in you, it's good. if she can support you financially , it's good. if she can ease your stress by sex or romance it's good (Any one of the above benefit is good , if at least she can tender any, but unfortunately most Nigerian girls don't have any to give except for sex, which is why most guys who know them insist on sex before they tender any form of help to a Nigerian girl). otherwise she wants you around cause she wants to manipulate you into being her maga whom will not only spend his cash but his emotions, intellect, time and so much more on her and then she dumps you as soon as she grows past your value .

Love seems to have proved over time to be the strongest emotional force because it seems to create more than it destroys, and all other emotions are mainly viewed as destructive but when one grows into higher level of awareness one finds that all emotional forces could be rightly channeled and to do so is to become emotionally balanced. Balance is the key.
Proverbs 16:32 KJV
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

truthsbitter

You're a wizard.

Your perception and depth of judgement is both shocking and revealing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by castro316: 12:21am On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:

Bro. If you have asked her out pls dot give her this money. This is a stale lie girls use to extort money from friendzone guys ad others who have her on their wish list. Observe her. Does she have a phone? She should sell it. Platonic friends right? She should go and meet her boyfriend. I am dead sure this girl has paid her school fees she just looking for a way to milk you off because you are drooling for her pussy. Girls are normally merciless to guys they don't have feelings for so be careful lest you get burnt.

It hurts my badly that men can't help their fellow men.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by Harddiskng(m): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2019
DateMynd44:

well I got a friend I asked her to define our friendship and she said we are just in a platonic friendship that's all.

Okay straight to the point, so this girl that told me we are nothing but platonic friends has some financial issues as she hasn't paid her fees as her parents are financially drained (dad got sacked, mom's business isn't flowing)

Lmao grin

You are being driven by your emotions bro. You are a hustling guy, you won’t give any of your guys in need 30k why consider giving it to a girl that has friend-zoned lol.

Her parents are still alive, allow them to go the extra-mile to pay her fees. You have zero obligation towards her. If you feel like giving as a good Christian/muslim, give her what you give any of your guys, even 5k is plenty for her. Guy change your wardrobe (your future babe would like you to dress well) and buy a good present for your mum (she deserves it), your father and siblings (family first) any amount you have to spare you can give to her, if you feel like it.

Put it at the back of your mind your good deed wouldn’t be rewarded and may be quickly forgotten. She would definitely not consider giving you 30k if your situations were reversed.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by larryking540: 12:22am On Aug 24, 2019
ubunja:
I don't give a girl money who has never given me pussy. Unless it's a relative. Unless she gave me money first.

That's just me.

Better the platonic friendship die.

If konji was killing you would the platonic friend rescue you and open her legs?? Ask yourself that. If she'll never open her legs for your, there's no reason for you to open your wallet for her.
Again. That's just me.

nice one, make op no come after graduation and he will say some ladies are ungrateful ooo

make op better give her money way kw go pain am even if the girl last last deletee e number over some yeye Matter

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by franchasng: 12:26am On Aug 24, 2019
Opposite sex = None!!

Close old time male friends = unlimited wink

"Any young man who goes about giving his female friends or platonic friends money without any benefit attached will never be rich nor great" - Williams Churchill

"Only weak, gullible men allow women manipulate them into becoming their friends just to be helping them when they need help without offering him any help in return" - Macbeth 1845

"Men who keep platonic female friends that are not their business associates or work colleagues are weak and not destined to be great" - Muslini

"If you want to be great as a man don't keep platonic or female friends, treat all women as business transaction where you must make profit" - Michael Jackson

"The only fruitful connection that connects a man with a woman who is not his blood relative, business associate, work colleague is sex, don't be deceived" - James Bond

"Women never take a man serious nor care about his growth or success until they have had sex with him" - Australian Billionaire Mr. Forest

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Extent Of Financial Help You Can Offer A Platonic Friend? by ubunja(m): 12:33am On Aug 24, 2019
babavik:
please when you do,I beg you in the name of anything you worship please don't forget to mention me.
thanks
that will be long after the Miseducations have left NL and have their own blog

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Post Your Picture With A Lovely Caption And Let A Nairalander Rate You / What Do You Do To Please Your Partner After A Misunderstanding / Why Do You Think Over %70 Of Black Ladies In America Are Single?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.