Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (153356 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Tension is getting high again
Femi Brown....hemmm let's extinguish this tention ...i beg
Let's jet out of Nigeria ...off to Paris for holiday
We will be going with a ship load of sweet popcorn
Who's is on board with Femi and myself? rachealfst, Ann2012, damselposh sweetie o ya join us.

2 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
Adesina12:
Who's is on board with Femi and myself? rachealfst, Ann2012, damselposh sweetie o ya join us.

My luggage is ready oooo
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Temmuizza(f): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Madam toyin thanks for the mention,really appreciate ur work,Buh ave nt bin able to finish some of ur stories, because I can't purchase on okada,aw I wish u create a platform wie we can read nd pay by recharge cards or into ur acntt like a PDF ,lovely update, I love dat phrase said by Yolanda,more data to ur fone ma am

2 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by duchessvikki0(f): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thanks for the update and mention kiss. Yolanda gave her friend a good advice. It's time they both move on since Mister Femi is not ready to divorce his wife sad

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Kaycee9242:
"the emotions u two are putting in check will checkmate you" i love this phrase, it seems Rachel is a chess mistress. keep it up dear
Lol. Chess mistress for where.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Adesina12:
Oya, let's go.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Rachealfst well done
More wisdom.

Am happy Tammy was able to control herself and caution Femi.
Femi still love Tara despite her attitude.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by blesskewe(f): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2019
Wow
Toyintomato
My best online author
More grace hun
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
OP tanks a lot for the update ooooooo

Wagbayi

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
Thanks for dedicating this chapter to me and my co-nairalanders.

Thanks God ooo that they didn't do tinko tinko or else yawa for don gasgringringrin.
I think that Femi is now taking the right decision cos his happy is not in anybody's hand. He should pull himself together and be a man.

More ink to your pen ma'am.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
blesskewe:
Wow Toyintomato My best online author More grace hun
Amen. Thanks for the love.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
I hope Femi and Tammy can move on, best of luck. Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by HARMYMY(f): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
Humbleness:
I hope Femi and Tammy can move on, best of luck.
Thanks for the update
Just hope femi can divorce Tara and get settled down with Tammy.
Femi deserve better likewise Tammy deserved best
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
Femi should just divorce his wife and have peace of mind. Thanks for the update.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by iamgprince: 2:13am On Sep 24, 2019
thanks for the update
have anyone noticed the new Nairaland font
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by opico24: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2019
God bless u ma...
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2019
iamgprince:
thanks for the update

have anyone noticed the new Nairaland font
Yes noticed same thing too
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2019
izaray:
Yes noticed same thing too

Same here
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 2:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
I know all will be well.... Cause I done dey plan to attend d wedding oooo.... Thanks for the update ma
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Youngados(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
Still waiting for the next episode, its delaying ma'am
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Gvnl(f): 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
Next update please...
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
CHAPTER 14
Months later,
Tara was getting worse and worse by the day. Her nonchalant attitude about her marriage was driving Femi nut as she leaves the house anytime she pleases and returns anytime she feels like. Femi had a business conference to attend in Chicago and he spent more than two weeks over there. The only person he could communicate with was Olawale his friend. He hasn’t heard from Tammy in a long while and he decided to let her be. He returned back to Nigeria and back to his usual work life because work is the only thing he could channel his pains on.

Femi Brown decided to give himself a one month leave from the office at least Tara wasn’t around, so the home would be peaceful and conducive for him to stay. And he really needed the rest, work had been hectic for him and without consulting a doctor, he himself knew he had to step out from the company for a while if he didn’t want to collapse. A week into his leave he was indoor, although he was still attending to office work from home. Then he decided to do environmental sanitation, the house needs serious cleaning.
He started from the kitchen to the store and lastly the bedroom, the one he shared with his wife. Tara’s closet was untidy so he started arranging the place. He saw some documents that are out of place so he brought out the box where she keeps documents such as contracts and the rest. The box was locked, he tried her normal password that she used often but it didn’t work, then he tried three more times and click, the box opened. He realized the inside was in a mess too so he took his time to bring all the documents out and started arranging them one after the other but something caught his attention, there was this blue envelop with the name of a hospital boldly written on it and that was not the name of their family hospital. So out of curiosity he brought out the papers inside the envelop. It was a medical test result. As a food scientist, he had little knowledge of microbiological terms, so he read through the results on the papers. The first paper carries a pregnancy test result and the second one was another test done after evacuation to confirm that the evacuation was carried out successfully.
“Jesus! Jesus!!” He flung the paper away as he exclaimed. “Tara aborted my baby and lied to me that she had a miscarriage! Four weeks pregnancy!” Then he remembered that there was still one more paper left inside the envelop. He brought it out and read through and he almost ran mad at what he saw. Tara was actually on a contraceptive. She had an implant in her body that will not allow her get pregnant. That explain why a marriage of over five years didn’t produce a child. He screamed out in pain. Femi had accepted that he married a wrong woman but he never knew he married a she-devil. “How will a woman deprive his husband of having kids? I’m an only child for God sake but Tara only cares about her career” He said to himself and screamed again. He was losing his mind, he didn’t know what to do, he picked his phone still thinking on who to talk to, Tamilore came to mind but he couldn’t call her, she won’t even pick the call. He was already crying profusely, then he called his friend, Olawale..
“Hello” He said.
“Femi please I can’t talk right now, my wife had just been rushed into the labour room. I’ll call you later” He said and hang up immediately.
“Hello! Hello!” Femi said anxiously into the phone but Olawale had already disconnected the call. Not knowing what else to do, he picked his car keys and drove out of the house, he was driving to only God knows where but the journey didn’t end well, Femi lost control behind the wheels and crashed his car. He didn’t use the sit belt so he hit his head on the steering and passed out.
The policemen on the road and some good citizens helped him into another car and rushed him to a general hospital. He was rushed to the emergency unit but wasn’t attended to. The doctors on ground were equally busy with other patients. One of the rescuers went back to the accident scene to search for Femi's phone but the phone wasn’t in the car.
He searched the car thoroughly and luckily he saw his ID, he checked for the next of kin. He tried the number but it wasn’t going through. It was the wife's mobile phone number. He saw another ID that carries in case of emergency. The man called the number, it rang, thankfully.
“Hello” He said.
“Hello”
“I’m I speaking to Mr. Olawale?”
“Yes and you are…?”
“Do you know any Mr. Femi Brown?” He asked.
“Yes, he’s my friend, Please who is this? I’ve been trying his lines for like an hour now”
“I searched his car but couldn’t find his phone but luckily I got your number from one of the IDs in his car”
“His car, how” Olawale sounded confused.
“He was involved in an accident. He is at the hospital as we speak” He revealed.
“What! He called me like…like…two hours ago. Where is he right now, what’s his present condition?”
“We rushed him to the general hospital and he is presently unconscious” He informed.
“My God, I’m a hospital right now. My wife is in the labour room but I’ll run along now. Thank you so…much” He said and rushed out of the hospital.
Olawale got to the emergency unit and his friend was barely attended to, he started creating scenes, the nurse told him to calm down that the doctors are busy attending to other patients in critical conditions as well. He remembered he had a doctor friend who worked at the hospital, he called the guy and he showed up 15minutes later. With his help they were able to get the doctors to attend to Femi. He was rushed into the theatre where he had surgery.
They were able to resuscitate him, though he was still unconscious but he now had a pulse and the heart beat is also normal. If Olawale hadn’t showed up in like another one hour, Femi would have died. That was what his doctor friend told him.
Olawale's attention was also needed at the hospital where his wife was. He was called on phone by one of the nurses over there that his attention was needed. He looked at his friend who has now been moved from the operating room into a private ward with the help of his doctor friend.
Femi was still unconscious, Olawale's phone was ringing continuously. He couldn’t tell his wife who was still in labour about Femi to avoid another disaster.
He tried Tara's number, it wasn’t going through then he sent her a WhatsApp message but the message wasn’t delivered.
“I need Femi's phone” He said scratching his head trying to think. He rushed out of the hospital hoping to see the phone in his house. He hoped the phone wasn’t stolen at the accident scene. He got to the house, the gateman opened up for him, the front door to the main building was unlocked, he opened the door and stepped into the living room, he searched everywhere for Femi’s phone and saw the phone in his bedroom. Then he saw some papers on the floor, he went through it one by one and it was cleared to him reason why his friend got into an accident because the Femi he knew is not a reckless driver.
“So Tara had an implant in her body all this while” He said and shakes his head. He picked the remaining papers and dropped them on the bed. Then he had a second thought.
“I’ll hold on to this in case Tara wants to play a fast one on my friend” He said and put the results inside the envelop and put it in his pocket.
He went back to the phone, he unlocked it and searched for Tara's manager number, he saw it and dialed his number. He picked the call and Olawale explain to him that he needs to speak with Tara. The Manager told him that Tara is busy. Olawale told the manager about the accident and that Tara’s attention is needed immediately but the Manager told him that Tara can’t return to Nigeria until the following week.
“Did you hear what I said? Her husband is lying unconscious in the hospital and you are telling me she can’t come back to Nigeria until next week!”
“Its New York fashion week and she’s going to be on the Runway throughout this week and….
“You know what, you guys can rot in New York for all I care” He said and hang up on Tara's Manager.
There was no one else he could call. He took his time to think and someone came to his mind. He knew Femi wouldn’t like what he was about to do but he had no other person to call. He picked the number from Femi’s phone contacts.
“I’m sorry Femi but I have to do this” He said to himself and dialed the number, using his own phone to make the call.
“Hello, who is this?”

10 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Gvnl(f): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2019
He called Tammy. May God help Femi. This wife of his is something else!

Thanks for the update.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2019
Mr Olawale is a good friend. Femi, please get well soon so we can fight for a divorce against that she-devil.
My husband must learn how to do sanitation in &outside the house alone o.
Thanks for the update ma
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Adesina12: 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2019
Poor Femi
It is well with you ..Femi abayaku
You better die than continuing this messy marriage
toyintaiwo why are you doing this to Femi?
Kuku kill him than wasting him alive
Sweet popcorn for you anyway
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 24, 2019
cool Wow
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Asco9ty5(f): 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
rachealfst:
Oya, let's go.
Good evening ma'am, is there any other means of purchasing this book apart from Okadabooks??
Have tried several times but the app keeps messing things up. Asked you last week but got no response.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2019
For those who needs my contact, here is my email:
toyinfst2@yahoo.com
Facebook: @toyinfst

Cc: Asco9ty5
Thanks.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaysmart4real(m): 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the Update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am.
Tara is indeed a she-devil....

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (24) (Reply)

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.