Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (153214 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2019
I love this update. more ideas to your mind toyin. loving the story everyday.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
She was about to leave the bed side but Femi's hand caught her arm.

“So this is the stress you go through every morning”

“Femi, it’s nothing. Really”

“Thank you Tamilore” He said soberly. Tamilore knew he had remembered his wife again.

“Femi……” She wanted to talk but he cut her short.

“Where were you when I was single? Where were you before I got married?”
She kept quiet and watched him talk.

“Blessed is the womb that carried you Tamilore and blessed is the man that will make you his wife. How I wish I could have you just as that nurse said” Femi poured out as fresh tears flow down his eyes.

Tamilore moved closer to him and hugged him. She was crying too. Then she put herself together and encouraged Femi to be strong. After he had calmed down, she went into the bathroom to wash. She came back into the room and picked her towel and clothes and went back to the bathroom to take her bath.

Some minutes later, she returned wearing a casual outfit. Femi was surprised to see her dressed like that on a working day.

“Tamilore! Are you not going to work? Last time I checked you work for Dacosta and sons mills international” He enquired.

Tamilore walked to the bed side locker. She took the Water Flask which she had filled with hot water that morning and poured some in a clean soup bowl and prepared cereal with it. He placed it on the bed table before Femi”

“Eat this, you need to take some drugs by 8:00am” She said.

“You’ve not answered my question” He reminded her as he scoop the cereal before him.

“I’m on leave. I started my work leave a day after your accident”

“That means you are spending your leave in the hospital when you should be….

“I’m not complaining, you would have done same for me”

“You can’t be so sure”

“I'm one hundred percent sure” He was through with the cereal, and then another nurse walked him and gave him his drugs. It was already morning and the nurses on morning shift had taken over.

“Your Doctors will soon be here” The nurse said as she checked out his drugs container and explained to Tamilore that she has to replace the ones that he had finished. Then she left.

“You need to relax now” She said and helped him lie down. Five minutes later Femi was already sleeping peaceful due to the effect of the drugs.

Tamilore went to one of the hospital cafeteria around 9:00am to get breakfast for herself and Femi. She already had a favourite canteen she patronized.

She returned to the ward and Doctor Bello and two other doctors also walked into the ward almost immediately. Femi opened his eyes when he was hearing sounds. The Doctors checked him and certified that he was healing progressively.

“You should be discharged in few days, you are recuperating fast” One of the doctors said and Tamilore and Femi were smiled.

“Well done Madam, you are really doing a good job” Doctor Bello said to Tamilore.

“Doctor, I should be the one to thank you for taking good care of him, what can I do!” She replied the Doctor Bello who was looking at her seductively although she didn’t notice.

“I gave you some blood samples to take lab yesterday? Have you collected the test result?”

Doctor Bello who was hitting on Tamilore asked her.
“I was told to come back by 1pm, today” She replied the Doctor Bello.

“Okay! Call me as soon as it’s ready, so we can know the next line of treatment” He said.

“I don’t have your number sir” She said innocently and Femi gave her a wicked look.

“I’ll give you my number before I leave” He said and Femi coughed.

After giving out the number, the doctors all left.
She brought out the food pack and served Femi breakfast. She also sat on a chair beside him and ate her food. Olawale walked in when they were having their breakfast, they all exchanged greetings and he handed over the fruits and provisions he brought. He had been footing the bills even though Tamilore had payed some bills too on drugs and medical test without collecting it back from Olawale.

“Femi is my friend too” She’d say to Olawale whenever he wants to return the money she spent in his absence.

That morning, Olawale spent some minutes with them and left for work.

That very day, Femi's secretary and other staff from the company visited him. But he wasn’t allowed to discuss work with them in order not to stress him. One of his managers who was his right hand man had assured him that the company was doing great that he shouldn’t worry one bit about the well being of the company and he appreciated the Manager for doing a good job in his absence. They all left afterwards.

Tamilore checked the time, it was 1pm, which was the time they gave her in the lab to come for the test result.
“Femi, I want to quickly get to the laboratory to get the test result” She informed.

“Okay. Please, can you come show me the result first immediately you collect it?”

“What do you need it for, are you a doctor?”

“Please…..I need to check for something in that result before it get into the hands of the doctors” He said.

‘Okay’’ She said about to leave.

“One more thing, I need your phone to make an anonymous call” Tamilore looked at him suspiciously but then gave him the phone.

“Password” He asked and she gave him.
Immediately she left, Femi unlock the phone, he made use of the phone and dropped it beside him.
Tamilore returned from the lab 15minutes later.

“Here” She handed the result to him. He went through it briefly and kept it under the pillow.

“Femi!” She called out wondering why he had to put the result under the pillow.

“When the Doctor comes around, I’ll hand him the result myself”

“Why is that?” She said quizzically.

“Tamilore, you ask too much questions” He snapped at her.

“Okay, give me my phone, let me call the doctor and inform him that the result is ready” She said and he handed the phone to her.

Tamilore searched and searched he didn’t see the Doctor's phone number. She starred hard at Femi with hands stands akimbo.

“Femi! What did you do with my phone?” She demanded, putting the phone before his face.

“Nothing” He sat up and gestured with his hands.

“Femi Brown! Start talking!”

18 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2019
Wow! cheesy
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaysmart4real(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2019
Femi is protecting Tammy oo make i just sit down dey watch

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2019
lol Rachel u won't kill me with laughter, Femi my guy no won take chances

2 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Fijumokesayo(f): 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2019
I came here with the hope of reading another update and you didn't disappoint, may the Lord bless you Rachel.

Coughs* Femi ooo!!! Don't be jealous my in law, Tammy is already yours.

Hehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by daddio(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the update, God bless you.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2019
Tanks a lot for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by donphosphate(m): 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thanks Rachael for the on time updates. God bless you
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by dalu4god(m): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thank you mummy....

Femi na correct guy....
I love his smartness
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 11:23pm On Sep 28, 2019
I love you Rachel. Thanks for the update. What is femi up to now?
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kannyluv(f): 1:05am On Sep 29, 2019
thank you for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 3:15am On Sep 29, 2019
Doctor Bello should leave Tamilore ooooo
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by mubarakyoung: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2019
hahaha
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by mubarakyoung: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2019
i never expected this comin
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Diamond2019: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2019
Thanks 4 the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2019
Femi smart guy, you don't want to take chances at all cheesy

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by toyhin123(f): 10:44am On Sep 29, 2019
I love Femi's smartness
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by queenakpos: 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2019
thanks for the update maam.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by duruZed(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2019
If to say i no be born-again christain my 'thing' for don dey stand small small because of the kind lovi-lovi way femi and his small madam dey display. Thank you for the tori so far.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2019
Femi my guy. No dulling at all. Hilarious display between Femi and Tammy.
Thanks for the update Rachael.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Gvnl(f): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oga Femi is in laaaaaaav grin

Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
Lol, Femi no need any competitor. This story is full of surprises, well done madam. Thanks for the update. More Grace
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
“Femi Brown! Start talking!”
“Fine! I deleted the Doctor's number” Hew spilled.
“For what exactly?”
“Don’t you get? The guy is hitting on you!”
“Femi! Get off your high horse, I’m not your woman. You are just my friend!”
“Whatever” He scoffed.
“My God!” She rolled her eyes and dropped the phone on the chair. “ Femi! Are we really doing this here. This is your Doctor for crying out loud and that test result may be needed urgently” She pointed out.
“Is it your test result? Leave me be. Nothing is wrong with me. I’m fine. In fact I'll tell them to discharge me today. If that doctor thinks I'll give him the pleasure of hitting on you then he’s delusional. Cos we are leaving the hospital”
“Do you hear yourself? You want to leave the hospital. You can’t even leave the bed and you are here getting jealous over nothing”
“You think so, don’t you notice the catheter has been removed. I’ve gone to the bathroom before you came back” He said and she checked him out and realized the catheter had been removed.
“Who removed it?”
“One of the nurses, she said the doctor instructed her to remove it that I can now walk on my own”
“Are you sure you didn’t remove it yourself?”
“Check my case not” He said and she checked. Truly, the doctor instructed that the urine bag should be removed. She sighed and sat down looking at the man in front of him.
Later in the day, Doctor Bello came into the ward alone. He greeted the patient briefly asking how he was feeling.
“Better” Femi replied with a straight face.
Doctor Bello turned to Tamilore. “I was expecting your call…..”
“I told her it’s not necessary to call since you’ll still be coming around today” Femi cut in and the Doctor quickly gets it. His cover had been blown.
“He only checked Femi’s chart and left. The other doctors came in the evening including Doctor Bello. Femi told them he wants to be discharge that very day but the doctors concluded that he would be observed for another 24hours then he’ll be discharged if his state of health is satisfactory enough. They asked for the result and he brought it out from the pillow where he hid it. They checked and confirmed that the result was satisfactory.
“24hours won’t kill. I can wait” He said and took an obvious glance at Doctor Bello. Tamilore saw when Femi eyes and the Doctor's eyes met and he believed Femi.
The next day, Femi was discharged. Tamilore was really happy. At last she'll leave the hospital and spend her remaining leave as she pleases but above all she was happy with Femi's quick recovery.
Femi called Olawale who promised to come pick him up after work. Tamilore started arranging their things. She dashed out the things they no longer needed to patients in the general ward.
Olawale came by and got to know everything that transpired between Femi, Tamilore and Doctor Bello. He laughed until he was tired of laughing. He wasn’t surprised at Femi's reactions, he knew Femi will go to any length to protect Tamilore. He wished they can be together but if wishes were horses….
“We have a problem here. Where should I take you? Your wife won’t be back until next week” Olawale informed.
“She won’t what! Have they extended the New York fashion week again?” Femi queried.
“Femi, there’s something we didn’t tell you” Olawale said and looked at Tamilore's eyes.
“So there’s something that you both know that I don't! Go on, spill it” Femi gestured with his hand.
“After the fashion show, your wife collapsed the morning she was coming back to Nigeria”
“Collapsed!”
“Based on what Tara's manager said. She was hospitalized in New York and had been operated on. She’ll be discharged next week” He informed.
“Where’s my phone, he looked around. They’ve kept his phone away from him all this while so he won’t attend to office work and the rest.
“She’s not answering her phone. Even if you call the Manager's phone, she won’t speak with you. Her Manager said she has refused to even speak with her Mum” Olawale explained.
“Really, that means something is wrong with Tara, for her to have shut people out of her life especially her Mum” Femi lamented but they tried to calm him down.
“We just have to wait till her return” Tamilore spoke.
“The issue now is that you can't go home all by yourself and my wife is not strong enough to take of you” Olawale said.
“Let’s take him to my place” Tamilore chirped in and Femi turned the offer down immediately.
“No. You’ve done enough for me, Tamilore”
“Olawale, don't mind him. Bundle him and let’s go” Tamilore said.
“You are God sent Tammy. Thank you so much” Olawale said putting his palms together in gratitude.
They left the hospital and landed in Tamilore's apartment. They settled Femi into Tamilore's bedroom. The Doctor had instructed the only time he should come out of bed is when he wants to bath and use the toilet only. Until they say otherwise when he goes for check-up the following week, he is to remain on bed.
Olawale had helped with one or two things in the house just to relieve Tamilore a bit but when it was 9:00pm, Tamilore told him to leave because of his wife and baby. Tamilore saw him off to the car and returned into her apartment. She went to her bedroom to pick her cover cloth and a pillow.
“We can both share the bed” Femi said, he was already feeling sleepy.
“I’ll sleep on the couch. Thanks”
“I’ll be spending a week here, I can’t inconvenient you for that long”
“Says the guy that hasten his discharge because a doctor is hitting on his female friend”
“Tamilore that guy is a flirt”
“You are right. He actually told me to call him. He said he wants us to be friends”
“So he double crossed you before we left the hospital!” He said and feel like seeing the doctor and hit him in the face” Tamilore laughed. “You need to see your face” She said.
“Just come to bed”
“No”
“You don’t trust me?” He asked.
“Yes and I don’t trust myself either” She said and left the room immediately.

12 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for the update��
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
Femi is too funny jor.

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasurewamiri(f): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
OP, don't tell that Tara is pregnant O! Abi why is she collapsing?
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by yus248(f): 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
Tnk u for d update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Jealous Femi.. Thanks for the update.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2019
The one that Tara collapsed, what is wrong ooo?
Thanks for the update
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Oremeyii(f): 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ann2012:
Tho one that Tara collapsed, what is wrong ooo?
Thanks for the update
Me too I'm wondering o

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.