Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80417 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Rosay15(f): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:

The relationship is somehow awkward.
Hong Kong is in China but it is an autonomous region. China does not interfere in their affair except in rare cases.
Hong Kong has it's own Visa though by the Chinese embassy but if you have a resident permit in China, u can use it to visit Hong Kong.
... Ehn ehn, interesting
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Pearlyakin(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:

Any competitive GPA can apply. i.e. 2.1 and above. However I have seen successful applicants with 2.2.

So it all depends on you.
Bro, how strong must the 2,2 be
Should it be close to 2,1 or just any 2,2 and moreso do you spend upto to #500k or close to #1m during the course of applying, flight and other logistics.

4 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Igbalaoluwa: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
Op please how is the level of racism there. Are they just rumors or it is real and worrisome
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by heendrix(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
MisterChairman:
this is good .. but am not enjoying ur narrative narration
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by zakir007(m): 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:

Program I.e. bachelors, masters or PhD.
Is the scholarships 100% ?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by AleAirHub(m): 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:
Op please how is the level of racism there. Are they just rumors or it is real and worrisome
Nice question

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by wink2015(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.

Nice share !

WHEN WILL NIGERIA ALSO WELCOME INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS?

We are always draw back in all facet of human endeavour.

We are only good in corruption and fraud.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ikechukwu001: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Me, I would love to visit Austria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ceasardgreat(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
VISA Application.

Congratulations! You have been granted admission and awarded the prestigious scholarship that you applied for. Next is the Visa application. But before this, you must have been mailed the hard copy of your admission letter and JW201/202. This is a document issued by the Ministry of Education in China for all admitted international students. 201 is for those on Chinese government scholarship while 202 is for those that are self-funded or scholarship from any other source. The good thing here is that most schools do not ask you to pay for courier service to post the document to you unlike the American schools.

This is one of the most tedious one for me though, probably because the official notice of admission came out pretty late in my school. But the process is not too tedious. The only challenge is the dearth of information on the application process unlike the US Visa that has mammoth amount of information on the internet.

Basically, you just need to visit the website of their embassy in Abuja or the consular office in Lagos depending on whichever is closest to you. I however chose Abuja because there is an authentication of documents (Police certificate) to be done at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Abuja. Also their Lagos office sometimes ask for statement of account even for scholarship students. A comprehensive information is available on their websites: https://ng.china-embassy.org , https://Lagos.china-consulate.org . A summary will be given.

The type of Visa to apply for is X Visa. This is the study visa in China much like F1 visa in the US. There are X1 visa for study more 180 days or 6 months and X2 for study less than 180 days. The documents needed to apply for the visa include:
1. International Passport with at least 6 month validity.

2. Visa Application form and Photo which can be filled on https://cova.cs.mfa.gov.cn . The completed form will then be printed and signed.

3. Foreigner Physical Examination Form.

4. Admission Letter.

5. JW201/ JW202.

6. Police Report authenticated (signed and stamped) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria.

7. Original and a photocopy of degree certificate (U can also take the notarized copy along).

8. Transcript.

9. Birth certificate

10. Scratch card for WASSCE or NECO result (for Bachelors candidate).

11. Statement of account or proof of fund for self-paid students.

12. Flight ticket or reservation- You can just reserve on any of the airline without paying just to show them at the embassy.

Some claim there is need to authenticate the degree certificate at the Ministry of Education then Ministry of Foreign Affairs, but I was not asked for this.

All this documents will be taken to China Visa Application centre (CVAC) in Lagos or Abuja. For both places the CVAC is in Churchgate Plaza Building. You have to book appointment to submit these documents on https://avas.cs.mfa.gov.cn . After this is submitted you will then book again for interview. However some people have express interview on the same day of submission if your school has written them initially.

On the visa interview, I might not have much to say because I was not asked any question. My originals were just checked and verified. It might not be so for others.

The payment for the visa is 14,000 naira per person for single entry but visa application centre will collect processing fees making like 31, 500 naira that is going to be paid thee. You might need to pay for courier service to deliver your passport back to you after it has been signed which cost between 11,000 to 20,000 depending on how far your place is from the centre. You can as well pick it up yourself.

It takes average of 4 working days for the VISA to be ready. After collection, Pack your bags and baggages and
WELCOME TO CHINA![color=#990000][/color]

Some other useful websites for the application
www.chinesescholarshipcouncil.com
www.studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login - CSC application page.

Thanks for the information but please I'd like you throw more light about the cost involved.
What is the total amount one should look at before embarking on this?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MrHighSea: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
MisterChairman:
this is good .. but am not enjoying ur narrative
The essay wasn't to entertain.
He wrote with zeal.
Very informative and inspiring.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by MERCHANDISER: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
this one all of una wan leave this shithole?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by lavenjcrown(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
where are you in the picture. keep on lying to those that will easily believe you. mtchew.
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by UniportAgbero: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
lavenjcrown:
where are you in the picture. keep on lying to those that will easily believe you. mtchew.

Is it your lie?
Abeg leave us jeje to follow up with his thread.

Village people everywhere!!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by sylve11: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
nice one @ op................... cool

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by mrbillz(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Why so bitter and frustrated
lavenjcrown:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kelvindj98: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Igbalaoluwa:
You will face racism anywhere u travel too, as long as it's not violent u shouldn't let that bother u.

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mrquote: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
lavenjcrown:
Even if he is, the information from him is helpful. But you I don't even understand why you have to comment

17 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mrquote: 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the information
FA13:
My Journey to China- Study Route….

Ok….the journey started after a long search for post graduate study programme. Really China was not in any of my plan until I stumble on a thread on nairaland in the education section with the name ‘Nigeria Student in China’.

My aim of writing and documenting my application process is to help and equip future applicants with adequate knowledge of applying to Chinese universities and getting scholarships. While I struggle to glean information from the nairaland page and other sources, I want others to just get all the information in one place. If this can motivate and guide just one or two persons to apply for admission with scholarship, I will be more than fulfilled. smiley

Note:
My explanation may be skewed towards the post graduate applicants especially master’s students as that is what I applied for, but I will endeavor to be balanced as much as possible.

Now to the Business

Most Chinese universities admission for CGS -Chinese Government Scholarship- by CSC -Chinese Scholarship Council (https://www.campuschina.org) - opens around January and ends April for September resumption. Few extends beyond that. Candidates that are not interested in the scholarship can apply till July in some schools. Applicants should be non-Chinese and should not be a current student on the scholarship. The application website is www.studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login
China has more than 3000 universities but only few (around 300) offers scholarship for international students every year. This means only few have programs are taught in English. The list of the universities can be seen on this site: https://feature.cucas.edu.cn/Articles/List-of-279-China-Universities-Admitting-Chinese-Government-Scholarship-Students:-Apply-for-Scholarship-in-China_1488.html

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by PotatoSalad(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
lavenjcrown:
Sniper no cost. Take half bottle

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Bawofss(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
how much is d total cost b4 u arrive dere? both flight and oda expences

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
I bought a sim card at the airport 150 rmb, like 7500 naira, with some calling credit and 4 gig browsing subscriptions for a month. Needs to be recharged every month at 50rmb.

However in the city, I bought another sim card 300rmb. It come with 2 years calling credit and 30 gig 4G data and unlimited 3G data if the 4G is exhausted every month. No need to buy data or recharge it. It came with a phone as gift. You cannot use it to call international number however.
Which is better?

I have a non related question though, between China and Japan, which understand and speak English the most?

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Bawofss(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2019
how much will u be paying as school fees also
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by DennisEche(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:

I have a non related question though, between China and Japan, which hear English the most?
CC GRAMMARNAZI

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
[s]
DennisEche:

[CC GRAMMARNAZI
[/s]

CC; Get a life. I didn't come here to please you. Fi mi le o jare

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Bawofss:
how much will u be paying as school fees also

I think it's scholarship

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by DennisEche(m): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
amaniro:
[s][/s]

CC; Get a life. I didn't come here to please you. Fi mi le o jare
Ma binu sir
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by amaniro: 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
DennisEche:

Ma binu sir

Thanks for the correction! But a wrong approach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Jacseyi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pls, kindly enlighten the olodos on this forum that always called China a low budget country
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Zane2point4(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
Op you'll learn to speak basic chinese language with time, they have the more complicated one.

I travel on business level on regular to guangzhou china and i dont need to even speak Chinese, i communicate simple english to them and they understand.

Like. " how much sale? Which type have? What food have?

The ones that see blacks regularly are very ok, but e get some town you'll go they hardly see blacks, so them go dey look you like mumu.

Everything works there, you can even enter bus two yen, to any destination, just look for the number tag at the back of the bus and if its designated to where you're going off you go. The bus is free for elderly ppl.

We have a long way to go in naija.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by executive12: 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
Taniaa:
Eww racist country

Really?? So is US. You can still get by inspite of the racism. After all, Nigeria is rife with tribalism.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Funkybabee(f): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Some people are trying oo

To do all this process na wahala only if I will be doing the step for once per day.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.