Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Life in Beijing As an International Student. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life in Beijing As an International Student. (80420 Views)

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student / China Completes It's £9 Billion Mega Airport In Beijing After 4 Years (Photos) / Beijing Daxing International Airport: Making Of World Largest, Biggest Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Gosh
You guys should stop bombarding him with queries

Congrats to FA13
PS: Ignore all the envious comments

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by williams2600(m): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
My own question now na how person wan start the process long mad....!
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ola17: 6:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:

Are you in Shanghai??

wink

Are you in Shanghai?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by ehisdan(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
OP sleeping, pls don't disturb him. He will answer all the questions at down.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mbbscentric(m): 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
Hello, I am creating this thread as a source of enlightenment for as many as have plans to come to Beijing.

Having gained a lot from travel page, I wish to document my experience and findings here. Hopefully it will help others too to achieve their dreams. To these people, I pray the desire of their hearts be fulfilled speedily and to 'freelancers', happy following.

Egbon,

Please how can I start?

Or what is the frist thing to do?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by smeag0l(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for sharing. This part is very important for me as I'll be visiting Beijing and Shanghaiin a few weeks.
FA13:

Culture Shock!

No doubt, the place is very different from our country especially places like Lagos, I was not really shocked because I have always longed for a place like this. I find it hard to cope in Lagos. I however enjoyed my stay in Abuja for the small time I spent visiting. I will list some difference though.

Food.
This is my biggest challenge right now. I am finding it hard to adjust to the cuisine. Thank God I brought some food along. Though some of the food are close to ours, majority are wide apart. There are African foods market too too but expensive. The meal below is egg in soup and fried potato.

Safety and security.
The place really looks safe and serene. You do not need to be over-careful or watchful. A lot of young Chinese use their phones while working on the road without any car hitting them, no car blares horn anyhow like that too.

I ordered stuff online, it was dropped at the entrance. There is no fear that someone will steal it in most cases.

However the most challenging situation faced by all is the language barrier. Most dont understand nor speak English except you are in an international environment.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by biosystech: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2019
Mbbscentric:

Egbon,

Please how can I start?

Or what is the frist thing to do?
Go through the first page and read. Don't just quote without reading through the first page. Your questions were answered there.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Mbbscentric(m): 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
biosystech:
Go through the first page and read. Don't just quote without reading through the first page. Your questions were answered there.

Thank you very much.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by timesup234: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hadampson:
Chai.. Another travel thread... Yippee cool

Predstan, ni hao grin

Iamboladee

Subomi007

Ugosample

MackyNaija
Why didnt you tag me? Dont you know I am now the King of the traveling section?...and yes, China is the best place to study in the world. China is heaven
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Maski87: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please how are the Chinese babes,am sure you don chop tire.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 18, 2019
Okay, good bye! to china!

Don't forget to speak Chinese when you return, like:
shintoya Shintoyaa shintoyaaaaaaa!!

Who da hell goes to china for studies?. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Beautyaddy: 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:

Beats Me oh

China of all Places.

Okay, may be most people go to China to learn how to make fake products and make it look real...lol!
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fidelismaria: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
谢谢
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by AnaCheks(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Enjoy your sleep... It's around 3am over there right now.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by DesChyko: 6:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
Fidelismaria:
谢谢

Exactly. I told him too but he wouldn't listen angry

11 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Dottore: 6:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:

Oga many Americans and Europeans are studying in China especially in health related courses. You can only understand how powerful the Chinese are when you take turns to visit Europe and China

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Fucklove(m): 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
you looks pretty,can we be friends?
pretty? Abi na her nyansh you wan harvest

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Guys please help me decide

I have about 600k andy plan was to go work in Dubai

Can I and should I go to china instead

I have a friend there in China he's a Nigerian

But how is life in China and I go fit see work there

3 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by TheScribbler(f): 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
FA13:
Application Fee
The Chinese universities has some advantage in this regard as most will carry out preliminary evaluation on your application for completeness and competitiveness and sometimes interview before you are asked to pay the application fee. The application fee ranges from 200 to 800 yuan.
Note: 1 Yuan or RMB is roughly 50 Naira.

Scholarship
There are various and different types of scholarships available for international students in China. Some are full funding while others are partial funding. The most popular ones are
1. Chinese Government scholarship
2. Confucius Scholarship usually for language student
3. Provincial Scholarship: offered by various provinces e.g. Beijing Government scholarship, Shanghai Government scholarship, Jilin Government Scholarship and so on.
4. MOFCOM Scholarship by the Ministry of Finance.

The process of application is similar for them and the same document that will be used for admission is usually used.

Note: Scholarship application will be done first before applying to the school since the completed application form will be submitted during school application. However the choice of school must have been made before applying for the scholarship as the name of school and CSC code for the school will be asked during application.

Also for undergraduate program, the CSC scholarship is usually for those that want to study in Chinese i.e. those whose language of instruction is in Chinese. English taught undergraduates can apply for other scholarship(s).

The scholarship application ends for most schools by March or April. The CSC scholarship can be applied for in two ways:
1. Type A- This method is through the Chinese embassy. You will have to go to their embassy as they are the ones that select for this type.

2. Type B-In this case you apply to CSC yourself after you have researched the school you wanted and probably gotten acceptance from your supervisor.

In conclusion on scholarship, you can have multiple application with same email or different ones as you like, but I think it is limited to three (3). That means you can apply to CSC for 3 different schools. But it is not the number of applications made that matters but making your application solid, getting supervisor etc.

Thanks a lot for this thread FA13. It's truly appreciated. Please I have a question concerning the boldened. I hope you can help me out when it's convenient. I saw a school on Campuschina in which the CSC scholarship is available for my interested undergraduate course in English. Could this have been an error or is it really available in just that school for English undergraduate program? Isn't the CSC eligibility uniform across schools in China? I'm really confused. Thanks in anticipation of your reply

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by clems88(m): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2019
Maski87:
Please how are the Chinese babes,am sure you don chop tire.
hmm
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Ayesa: 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
Kudos Op

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by igbsam(m): 7:59pm On Sep 18, 2019
Very informative. The process to travel out sef too tedious. Thanks OP
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Beats Me oh

China of all Places.

Okay, may be most people go to China to learn how to make fake products and make it look real...lol!

I wonder.. undecided

I guess so grin grin
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dottore:

Oga many Americans and Europeans are studying in China especially in health related courses. You can only understand how powerful the Chinese are when you take turns to visit Europe and China
Okay ooo!! I didn't know that.

1 Like

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kenralph(m): 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2019
gypsey:

You funny die! China is a force to reckon with now though.
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by webngnews: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2019
Oh
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kikelomojessy(f): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
More wonderful and educative topics should keep coming so that NL can be interesting.

Nice work op, God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Niffy95(f): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pls can I apply for scholarships with my statements of result since my certificates isn’t ready

Nd also for scholarships that require you to have a period working experience in ones field... if not available will such person still be considered
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by kikelomojessy(f): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
lavenjcrown:
where are you in the picture. keep on lying to those that will easily believe you. mtchew.

You better walk out of this thread cos we are enjoying his educative lies.

Op will not show you his face.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by adeiza4u(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=heendrix post=82351702][/quote]'Narrative' can function as an object in that sentence. Or are you a prescriptive grammarian?
Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Insideout20000: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
I am also presently studying in china under the CSC Scholarship..

2 Likes

Re: Life in Beijing As an International Student. by Insideout20000: 9:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
Niffy95:
Pls can I apply for scholarships with my statements of result since my certificates isn’t ready

Nd also for scholarships that require you to have a period working experience in ones field... if not available will such person still be considered
Yes u can as long as it will be ready around August during Visa interview

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Good Beach: The Newest Beach In Lagos (Stunning Pictures) / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.