Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... (102596 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Ybaby: 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
usernamepass:
Bla bla bla..
Op shut da Vuck UP and hold your mount pim..
You are simply not man enough to discuss marrage talkless of getting married.
Real men dont talk too much..
I bet your mouth will leak again and you will repeat the same okpata yaRn again..
You have succeeded in keeling the woman in your wife and now that shes gone..
Bear your cross and dont you ever... I repeat dont you ever come on here to disturb our peace again.
Abi SA Xenophobia never do??
SHOOO

What do you drink bruv?? Moet? Beer?? You deserve it
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by UjuJoan2: 5:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
healthserve:

Chai Joan, must you paint a gloomy picture with words.

I almost threw up after reading through the poignant words you scribbled together.

I think lots of people have come up with brilliant ideas on getting our brother out of the tight corner, I feel the Op should speak at this juncture about what he'll do from what everyone has said here.

Okay, sorry . . . I'll just shut up

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by apotek: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
Divorce her! She ain't worth it angry

Nonsense and ingredient!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by apotek: 6:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
sisisioge:
Jisos!

So nairalanders/naija guys are serious about ladies in their thirties being evening news! Hian! 31yrs! Lawd! You wouldn't have invited me to you wedding as a guest niyen let alone as the bride grin grin grin grin grin. So the stipuuudity most of these guys portray online follows them offline! Dang.

I'm sorry, you have made your bed... Nothing remains but to lay on it. She won't ever forget your hurtful outburst...hopefully, the rest of the crettins on here would learn a thing or two.

By the way, marriage is a lifetime venture. Somehow, she would pass that wall raising countenance consciously or otherwise to your kids. What a long life of unfamiliar family you're about to have! Good evening.

Smh!
What should we learn? That you women over 30 are unforgiven? Abeg park well! Some of you don't understand marriage.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by apotek: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2019
BetWinners:
Nigerian men have got to stop placing so much value on women.
@OP You told your wife the blunt truth.Women are waaay harsher with the truth when they direct it at men.Countless women have told their husbands the exact same thing you told your wife (their husbands not being their first choice) & the men moved on.
Tell your wife if she can't act right & put that poo behind her,then both of you should split cos you can't continue stepping on eggshells in your own house.
Simple stuff cool

Spot on!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by sisisioge: 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
apotek:

Smh!
What should we learn? That you women over 30 are unforgiven? Abeg park well! Some of you don't understand marriage.

...that the mouth should learn to be couth.
...that some words cut deeper than the sharpest blade. Again...couth your mouth.
...that no one wants to be a second fiddle...trampling on someone's self worth is unforgettable even if its forgiven.

So we are forgiving...we just don't forget when our Lovies decide to put us below down. Imagine how you would feel if I say to you that you have a pinky sized decck that appalls me and that each time you come close to me I usually close my eyes and imagine its my ex to get weet. And that if not that you came with ready roof and some money, I wouldn't have touched you with a 10 yard pole. Hmmm...I could go on darling grin. So how much apologies will unsay this later? Yeah....my thought too wink

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by apotek: 6:23pm On Sep 14, 2019
sisisioge:

...that the mouth should learn to be couth.
...that some words cut deeper than the sharpest blade. Again...couth your mouth.
...that no one wants to be a second fiddle...trampling on someone's self worth is unforgettable even if its forgiven.

So we are forgiving...we just don't forget when our Lovies decide to put us below down. Imagine how you would feel if I say to you that you have a pinky sized decck that appalls me and that each time you come close to me I usually close my eyes and imagine its my ex to get weet. And that if not that you came with ready roof and some money, I wouldn't have touched you with a 10 yard pole. HmmmI could go on darling grin. So how much apologies will unsay this later? Yeah....my thought too wink

She should divorce the guy and stop wasting his time angry

That's what I would do if you say the bolded to me. Divorce!
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by sisisioge: 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
apotek:

She should divorce the guy and stop wasting his time angry

That's what I would do if you say the bolded to me. Divorce!

grin grin grin grin

Let's not break it to him...she just might eventually embarassed
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Let's not break it to him...she just might eventually embarassed

So you took down your picture only to put back the same? Wetin dey happen? grin grin

@ Post
Nope it doesn't necessarily end that way.

I know a couple who went through the same in their early years and the dude said something even worse. Today they are strong.

Nature will throw the dude several opportunities to prove that he loves her beyond those words.

His consistent actions at defining moments (such as when she is sick, going through challenges, has just put to bed etc) will create overriding impressions in her. She will forgive him and believe he never meant those words.

Note:
The above applies only if he is a responsible mature man and not an overgrown baby.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by sisisioge: 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2019
breezy147:

So you took down your picture only to put back the same? Wetin dey happen? grin grin

Which picture. Is this another alias? I'm not understanding...
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Vikkoh(m): 7:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
My dear, that talk will break my heart o. If na boyfriend, I go simply ghost am. But for husband, him go change my wardrobe and get me puppy for all to be well... I love peace cheesy

LMAO.. grin grin grin Puppy again! Chai..!
Ajebo wife..
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2019
sisisioge:

Which picture. Is this another alias? I'm not understanding...
Oh my mistake. I was referring to your dp
Alias? I'm not understanding too.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
Vikkoh:

LMAO.. grin grin grin Puppy again! Chai..!
Ajebo wife..
I'm definitely not an ajebo
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Vikkoh(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
I'm definitely not an ajebo
smiley You sure are. Okay tell me, do you've a puppy now?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by sisisioge: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
breezy147:

Oh my mistake. I was referring to your dp

Alias? I'm not understanding too.

Hian...this misunderstanding is growing. I didn't change my DP, I still have the nice power ensembles on...they've been there for a while.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
sisisioge:

Hian...this misunderstanding is growing. I didn't change my DP, I still have the nice power ensembles on...they've been there for a while.

My error. No vex grin
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by sisisioge: 8:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
breezy147:

My error. No vex grin

No probs wink
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
calgaryFriend:

Zielle is an exception, besides she doesn't look 30 years.
If you saw her pix you'd think she was 25years or less sef.

Very great smile on her also I must say. smiley
Where did you find my pix?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2019
Vikkoh:

smiley You sure are.
Okay tell me, do you've a puppy now?
Nope. It's on my to do list though.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Vikkoh(m): 8:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Nope. It's on my to do list though.

smiley Get it ASAP. And when you do, don't forget to post its picture on NL so we can suggest nice names..
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2019
Vikkoh:

smiley Get it ASAP. And when you do, don't forget to post its picture on NL so we can suggest nice names..
You not serious. Boo will pick a name. Thx wink
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Vikkoh(m): 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You not serious. Boo will pick a name. Thx wink
[

Enjoy your night
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
Vikkoh:
[

Enjoy your night

Gracias. Good night to you too

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
usernamepass:
Bla bla bla..
Op shut da Vuck UP and hold your mount pim..
You are simply not man enough to discuss marrage talkless of getting married.
Real men dont talk too much..
I bet your mouth will leak again and you will repeat the same okpata yaRn again..
You have succeeded in keeling the woman in your wife and now that shes gone..
Bear your cross and dont you ever... I repeat dont you ever come on here to disturb our peace again.
Abi SA Xenophobia never do??
SHOOO
hahahaha,you dey para sha. The truth is, he'll say something worse later. But what he said is better compared to what some men say when angry, smh. And at least I respect him, he knows he's wrong. Such sensitive things kill a relationship. Wish I could use the woman's approach though, I'm too forgiving and give people several chances. No one has the right to humiliate you... NO ONE!
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
omotola224:
A woman loves unconditionally but when you cross boundaries she can decide to unlove you with the same energy.
Men can often be insensitive through their actions but when you say it to their face then it's a confirmation of what you have been thinking. Never get to this point with a woman who genuinely loves you. That being said
You have to keep trying...
When she leaves you alone in the sitting room go and meet her. Gist with her.
Take her out on dates
Surprise her
You have to do things like you are just asking her out all over again.
Over one of your dates tell her you are sorry and would love to be the love of her life once again. Pls let it show that you are truly remorseful.

She will forgive you only you might have to reassure her over and over again.

Note: watch what you say henceforth .

Goodluck!
Couldn't have said it better. Some men could be so insensitive ehn.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:22pm On Sep 14, 2019
bomasek:
Baba u no love the woman,make we leave story
That's the summary... but he'll still lie to himself that he loves her o, hahahaha.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:24pm On Sep 14, 2019
Cutehector:
Naaah naaah naaah...

This is skin deeeeep. Bro you pierced sorrow into her heart. Even if I were the woman, i'm not sure i'd forget that in a lifetime.

Nobody can help you bro, it is finished. You killed the love and also made sure it was totally dead with such words
Hmmmn.... it is finished.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
AleksAndria:
There's this statement that goes 'listen clearly to what someone tells you in anger, they've been dying to say it'..something like that.

I bet your wife wouldn't trust you as much again, and word's like the one you uttered isn't something to overlook at all. Everytime she looks at you she just sees the face of someone who did not really want to be with her.

She has options to forgive, forget, and trust. The first is possible, where the problem lies is 2 and 3. Don't know how you'll fix that.

Even if you had not made the statement that day, I think you'll have said it some other time. You've always had this in mind. The tongue and brain aren't in sync all the time, that's the reason people utter words they shouldn't.

Thank you.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
pocohantas:
If my husband tells me such, no matter how long it takes...I must get my pound of flesh.

But then, I am not your wife grin
Except I suffer amnesia sha. Total one o

By the way, thought it is only women that have bad mouth in marriage? So, una sef dey talk nonsense like this?
Hahahaha, men own worse o. Some of them can talk nonsense! This one is even fair compared to others.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by hify9935(f): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
Richy4:
That was cold blooded bro.. A technical knock out jizzzz!!!..

This kinda situation deserves 'hail Mary'

Bro this is from me to you.. There are people in this world that got acid mouths. Oh!! When they open it a little, it can divide the red sea.. and u are one of them unfortunately

Killing someone does not necessarily mean using gun or knife.. U have destroyed her self confidence man.. Try and keep your tongue in check in future man..

As for the present situation, maybe you have done enough begging and pleading. Time for action.. U have done your courtship and u know what she likes.. start with that.. she might act like she doesn't want it but keep on doing it still..also give her a little time and space to breathe and think ... She will come around.

In my opinion, taking this case to a third party will further humiliate her the more because that person will like to know what you were fighting about and what you said that made her so upset .. and u can't trust the person not to say it to another person... That will give them a weapon on what to hold against her should there be any misunderstanding between herself and whoever it was that you told..

On a lighter note bro I will suggest that you buy chewing stick in future and keep at home.. if she does or says something that upsets U, and u can't leave the house at that point, and u know that if u opened your mouth, it will shut the whole thing down, just pick up one of the chewing stick and start chewing.. That will keep you mouth in check grin
Hahahaha @chewing stick. He needs it true true. At least he's still mature to admit his wrongs. Some men will humiliate you, destroy your self confidence and still get angry you don't want them to continue doing so. Lol. Marriage nowadays is scary.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by helinues: 10:59pm On Sep 14, 2019
Sometimes we guys over react. Still looking for my ex to apologise for seeing her when I was on a bike, she waved but I told the bike man not to stop.

My grievances, she did not tell me she would be coming to town, meanwhile she called while I ignored

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by yesloaded: 11:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Charles1888:
I had to create a new account for this

I don't know how to get through to my wife anymore, of which the fault is mine, when we were dating, she showed that she was committed to me and loved me wholeheartedly but I was reluctant to marry her cos she was of age, I wanted someone younger, say under 25, but something important that i have to acquire made me marry all of a sudden and she was the only one available, don't get me wrong, I loved her then, her peaceful and humble soul but for some reason I simply can't understand I felt she wasn't enough, but I was wrong, she was perfect, the best I can ever wish for and more, she is everything,

After we got married, you know newlyweds now, the quarrels about every little thing, it was much then, so this particular incident made me so worked up and angry I made a statement I shouldnt have said, during the heated argument I told her that she was never who I would have married, that she wasn't my specs, she was too old (31 lol) that if someone younger was available I wouldn't blink twice before I'll marry the person.

After saying all that, I wasn't sober about it, she held on to that statement, I knew she cried that night, since then we don't talk, play, gist anymore, we became distant, though I apologised the next morning but things isn't just the same anymore, communication isn't there, she only talks to me when she wants to ask or say necessary things, nothing more, though she still cooks, we still have sex, infact every other aspect is fine except for communication, anytime I come back from work and I'm in the sitting room, she doesn't stay there, she either goes to the room or dinning room, I have begged and begged and I don't want to involve third party cos I obviously caused this, when she got pregnant, she didn't tell me till I saw the strip, when I asked why she said she forgot, and we had plans to celebrate when she takes in, I was sad that day, I begged and asked to tell me anything she wants and I'll do it, I'll make it up to her,,she said she wants nothing that she is fine, I love her, she is my baby, we use to be gist buddies, I missed that and I want it back.

I don't know what to do anymore, it's my fault I know that and I'm sorry I ever said that cos it hurt her deeply, I told her to tell me more evil things so that we will be even, she said she can't that she loves me, we are drifting apart, I can feel it,

Pls help me folks, I came here becos I want anonymous advise, what else can I do to make the hurt go away?
Give her some times, she will definitely come back to former self that talk & gist with you.

I'm glad that you realize that you caused it, women ain't men so they feel bad more than men when you say some words against them.

Above all, as a married man you need to control your tongue in fact when you are angry don't talk. If you don't say such words against your wife that day, am sure it changes nothing about you or makes you less man rather its sign of maturity. You need to exercise patience with her, show her more love & care.

God bless your union

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court / Blue-Eyed Risikat Azeez Makes Peace With Her Husband (Photos) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.