Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,526,577 members, 5,784,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 04:49 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (99641 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Maria: The Sequel / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by omobs(m): 1:11pm On Jul 26
The action starts now, nice one larrysun
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by chioma8(f): 1:47pm On Jul 26
Nice one Larrysun
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nmezor(f): 1:56pm On Jul 26
Thanks for the update Oga Larry...I pray Black Maria are not hurt
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by pelvicky(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26
Thanks for the update.

Great story
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by sheba222(f): 6:38pm On Jul 26
Dr no try oo,patient file is confidential why going against it.mr gold just expose his family to great danger.weldone Larry.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Rumpleslitskin: 7:03pm On Jul 26
Wow what a great piece I could feel my heart racing like I am watching in HD. Kudos Mr larry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Rapfrick(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26
Baski and blacky are coming back together after this it’s now a case of survive or perish
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by arfezces: 7:52pm On Jul 26
Chaii... At last... Peter will face his old friend... thanks Mr Larry, you are the best
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UnusualJhay(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26
They shot Maria.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Bukolaberry: 9:35pm On Jul 26
this is the part have being waiting for, thank you so much.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by jadeliyi(m): 10:37pm On Jul 26
LarrySun and his captivating story
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by makavelli47(m): 12:26am On Jul 27
RIP yinka
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Ann2012(f): 4:44am On Jul 27
I believe Yinka has been shot sad

Thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by eyezik3(m): 9:46am On Jul 27
Ann2012:
I believe Yinka has been shot sad

Thanks for the update

Rip yinka, after everything you've done to save the life of Black and Maria cool

Weldone Mr Larry we're really enjoying it.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Kaycee9242(m): 9:49am On Jul 27
Mr Gold busy body will surely put him into trouble, but how come i didn't read how Salami was killed. That man didn't deserve to die so quick like dt. Larry thanks
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by dejavuh0007(m): 4:09pm On Jul 28
Yinka was just shot dead, I guess. It's on this escape that Maria will go into labour and give birth to her child in an uncompleted building, and Peter Black will place a call to someone thereafter, informing the person that Maria just gave birth.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UCMax1: 5:06pm On Jul 28
Rapfrick:
Baski and blacky are coming back together after this it’s now a case of survive or perish
Nope!!! I pray basky to be hurt so much so as to experience what black is passing through.....that useless basky of a guy is an awful he-goat!! with the kind of heart he has,he deserve worst things in life
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UnusualJhay(m): 9:33pm On Jul 28
dejavuh0007:
Yinka was just shot dead, I guess. It's on this escape that Maria will go into labour and give birth to her child in an uncompleted building, and Peter Black will place a call to someone thereafter, informing the person that Maria just gave birth.

you followfollow cool
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:35pm On Jul 28
dejavuh0007:
Maria got pregnant in 1995 and gave birth in 2015?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nickshrapnel(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28
LarrySun:
grin grin grin miracle pregnancy perhaps

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by dejavuh0007(m): 10:39pm On Jul 28
LarrySun:
Lol. All will be revealed in upcoming episodes.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by daviesblaze(m): 12:32am On Jul 29
dejavuh0007:
Lol not true.
The old man was calm and collected. Sounds like an aged peter black with his son who got another lady pregnant
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29
http://writertainpublishers.com/?p=2301

Guys, click on the link to vote for LarrySun as the best writer in this year's Nairaland writer's award..
Let's show him love and support,we can do this..

#TeamLarrysun
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:31am On Aug 02

Update 41

IX

Mr Gold drove like a maniac and he arrived at his destination in less than fifteen minutes. He had been shaking hard, sweating profusely and sporting goose pimples as he drove. His only explanation for the urgent call was that his wife and daughter were in danger. He had believed that one of Roberto’s men – or probably Roberto himself – was holding his family members hostage. If he knew Roberto as much as he thought he knew the Italian, one of the hostages would have been hurt very badly. Osagie knew he had chosen a relatively dangerous profession the day he took up the job of a policeman, but he never thought his family would ever be in danger. If there was going to be any risk, it was him who should bear it. All his life, he had thought that the worst that could happen to him as a police officer was dying in action – he would probably get shot by an armed robber and lose his life; his family would be absolutely safe. His profession might not provide protection for him, but the family members of a police officer were often safe – protected by the profession, by law, and, occasionally, by the community, provided they didn’t commit any crime themselves. Since the past twenty-five years that he escaped the massacres caused by Roberto, he had not thought that he would ever get himself with the Italian madman again, but here he was. What was he thinking by going to Roberto in the first place?

He accepted that whatever happened to any of his family member was going to be his fault; he brought it on them. At this point, there was no stopping the tragedy that was soon to occur. At least one person would be greatly wounded if not killed.

He drove roughly into the compound of his son-in-law’s house and jumped out of the car. He ran into the building and found them in the living room. What he feared was actually happening. The three women in the house were actually being held hostage by a man aiming a gun at Rhoda’s head. Osagie recognised the man as one of Roberto’s men. Rhoda was lying supine on her back and writhing in pain. Osagie stared at her in horror.

“What is going on here?”

His wife wanted to run to him but was stopped by the person holding them hostage.

“Why are you pointing a gun at them?” he asked the thug, “What did they do wrong?”

The man glared at him and said, “No one is allowed to leave this building.”

“Do you realise that I’m a police commander?”

“I don’t care. You can be the Inspector General, it won’t change a thing. I have my orders and I’m ready to carry it out.”

“What order are you talking about?”

“Boss Roberto has ordered me not to allow anyone leave the house.”

Rhoda screamed out in pain.

“What did you do to my daughter?” he growled at the thug.

The man shrugged. “I haven’t even touched her.”

“Then why is she in so much pain?”

“Osagie,” Gold heard his wife, “Amara is in labour! She’s having a baby. She needs to be in the hospital immediately.”

He looked down at his daughter and noticed water all around her.

“She needs to be taken to the hospital before it’s too late,” John’s mother said, “She has been in labour for quite some time.”

Osagie turned to the captor, “Please, let me take only her to the hospital. You can hold the other two women hostage. They are not going to resist you. Please, she’s my daughter and her baby is coming. She will die if she’s not given immediate medical attention. Please, I’m begging you. The lives of the mother and child are at risk. You don’t want to be responsible for their deaths, do you?”

The man shook his head. His eyes were dead, emotionless. He was ready to shoot anyone who disobeyed him. “No one leave the house.”

Gold could see that no matter what he said, the man would not budge. He was cold-blooded thug who had sold his soul to the devil. He was loyal to only one person in the world – Roberto Bonifacio; that was the only man capable of moving this mountain.

“Why don’t you allow us attend to her?” asked Basket’s mother, “We can help her bring the child to the world. If you won’t let her be taken to the hospital, the least you can do is to allow us bring the baby to the world here.”

“I will shoot anyone who moves a muscle. I am not kidding.” His words were flat.

“I’m not going to stand around and watch my daughter die helplessly.” Mrs Gold started moving towards her daughter.

The gunshot was as loud as a bomb. No one had expected it; even Osagie himself had not thought that the man would shoot so fast. He watched in horror as his wife went to her knees. She had her hand across her stomach where she had been shot; blood was gushing out from the wound. She fell to her side and remained still. Basket’s wife and mother screamed. Osagie was blind with rage. He immediately reached into his gun holster and extracted the pistol. He shot the man in the head before he could react; apart from the fact that he had not suspected Osagie of carrying a gun too, he had allowed himself to be distracted by the person he had just shot. He was still watching the victim’s lifeless body when he was shot in the head. The gun flew off his hand and he fell down dead immediately. There was blood everywhere – the walls, the floor, the furniture, Rhoda’s face, Mrs Balewa’s face.

After shooting the thug, Osagie immediately rushed to his wife and held her head. Her eyes were open but unseeing. She was dead already. He cried for a few minutes; then he gently laid her back on the floor. Basket’s mother got a wrapper and covered the dead woman with it. Rhoda was screaming and crying with both the pains of childbirth and of great loss. She had just watched her mother get shot by a stranger. She didn’t understand why the man was holding them hostage or why he had to kill her mother.

“We need to take you to the hospital now,” she heard her father say before going to the telephone at a corner of the room.

“Hello Officer Abbah. This is Mr Gold. I’m calling from the home of Officer John Balewa. Direct some of your men to this address. Two people are dead; they need to clean up the mess. Also, I want you to meet me at Fortress Hospital immediately, my daughter is in labour.” The man spoke into the phone and hanged up.
Then he and Mrs Balewa returned to Rhoda and helped her to her feet.

“What about mother?” she asked, still crying profusely.

“There’s nothing anyone can do for her now. The police will come here and take care of the situation. Right now, it’s very important we take you to the hospital.”

They guided her into the back of the car. Mrs Balewa sat beside her and they drove away. Once again, Mr Gold drove like a man who had just signed a suicide pact. Thankfully, he had a police siren on his car. He switched it on immediately.

They arrived at the hospital in half an hour. As Rhoda was being wheeled into the ER, Officer Abbah arrived at the hospital.

“Do you know the address of where Officer John Balewa went?”

“You mean where he went to arrest Peter Black?”

“Exactly.”

“Yes. I overheard him say it out when he spoke to the doctor. As a matter of fact, it was the presiding doctor of this hospital he spoke to. A certain Doctor Rukewe was the one who gave him the address.”

“Just tell me the address. I have no time to question anyone for now.”

Abbah gave him the address.

“Thank you,” said Mr Gold and handed the young policeman the thug’s gun. “That’s Officer John Balewa’s mother. His wife – my daughter – is in labour and she has been taken to the ER. I am assigning you the job of keeping watch over the two women. Do not allow anyone except her, the doctors or nurses to go near my daughter. Shoot any stranger who attempts to get close to her. You can ask questions later, but make sure you shoot first. We are dealing with some dangerous people. They have succeeded in killing my wife. Don’t let them kill my daughter too.”

He returned to his car and drove away. He had two mission; one, he would inform his son-in-law about what was going on. Although he knew that Balewa was on duty and would not be able to be in the hospital with his wife now, Gold felt that the man needed to know that his wife was in labour. He feared that his son-in-law might be a victim of casualty; he needed to know that his child was coming before he died, at least. The second reason, however, was revenge. Mr Gold was on a revenge mission. Roberto was behind the death of his wife; killing the messenger was not enough; he must take his pound of flesh from the man who had ordered the hit. He was going there to shoot the Italian. He didn’t mind if he would be killed too, but he was going to take the shot if he set his eyes on the man. No one would kill his wife and then go scot-free. Besides, it was high time someone killed the Italian monster. He had been wreaking havoc on the countrymen for almost three decades. Rather than returning to the country he came from, he was enjoying himself killing Nigerians. Mr Gold didn’t care anymore whether the white man got his diamond or not; he was going to take him down.
He followed the directions given in the address and arrived there in another half an hour. He arrived at the other end of the street and saw the familiar police car approaching, the same one he was sure John and his men had taken; then he saw two other vehicles following behind them. He did not need to check before knowing that those were Roberto’s cars. He drove faster to catch up with them.

At that moment, what caught his attention were the three people in the middle of the road. He recognised the dark-skinned one immediately as the elusive Peter Black, the legendary thief. It was as if he had just seen a celebrity. He had been hearing so much about this Peter Black but he had never met him in person. It was almost hard to imagine that it was this young, seemingly vulnerable man that had eluded the police for years; it was this black man that had enough boldness to take Roberto’s black diamond.

Then he noticed Maria too. He had met this one a couple of times when John arrested her. Then she had been a young beautiful girl; Gold had felt sorry for her that such a pretty girl was a thief. But seeing her now, he was surprised. She had grown a lot more mature than the young girl he had seen in the courtroom that year. Now she was a full-fledged woman, and a pregnant one at that. She was still as smashingly beautiful as ever. He didn’t recognise the third member with them; he didn’t think that he had ever seen this one before; he wondered who he was. The three seemed to be trapped between him and those pursuing him. He knew both John Balewa and Roberto Bonifacio were coming for Peter Black – he wondered which one would first get to him between the two sets of pursuers.

He drove faster to catch up. Although he was still considerably faraway, he could see Roberto seated in the front seat of the car that had just cut out from behind John. All he needed was get close enough and he would shoot the bastard in the face. The best thing to d after doing this was to just drive away, but he wouldn’t do that. He would need to relay the news about Rhoda to John.

He noticed that Peter Black was carrying a backpack. Mr Gold had no doubt that the diamond was contained in that bag. Then an idea struck him. If he was able to kill Roberto and lived afterward, then the diamond could become theirs. Nobody would be looking for the diamond after Roberto’s death. His men were not a problem; they would no longer be relevant as soon as their boss had been killed; they would be powerless. None of them would want to have anything to do with the police anymore. Surely, they would have nothing to say about the diamond. Even though they knew about the diamond, none of them knew what the diamond looked like. The last time anyone actually saw it was twenty-five years ago. They would definitely not be interested in it. The only person who would pose a form of challenge was Peter Black himself, but he was going to make a deal with him. The man was a thief anyway; he would take any deal that would keep him from going to jail. He had the upper hand over Peter Black; the thief had a pregnant wife – he would have no choice than to take any deal that would allow him be with his wife. The only doubt he had was how to bring John Balewa along; he wondered how he was going to convince John to take advantage of the opportunity. It was the Bonifacio Diamond for heaven’s sake – they would be rich for life if he used his brain. Anyway, he needed to kill the Italian bastard first; there would be enough time to do some negotiations after that. He drove faster.

He was getting closer to the three fugitives. He would have loved to take the diamond from Peter Black first but killing Roberto was the priority. As he drove on, he held the steering wheel with one hand and brought out his pistol with the other.

The gunshot was a reminiscence of how his wife had been killed. He pressed firmly on the brake pedal and checked himself; he thought he had been shot at but there was no visible wound on his body. He looked through the windscreen and saw the damage that had been done. His eyes were open in horror at what he was seeing.

“Oh my God!”

6 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:32am On Aug 02
EkopSparoAyara:

Guys, click on the link to vote for LarrySun as the best writer in this year's Nairaland writer's award..

#TeamLarrysun
You have always been a wonderful follower. I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!

And to every other person who kindly voted for me, I say THANK YOU! You all inspire me to not give up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Rapfrick(m): 11:51am On Aug 02
EkopSparoAyara:

#TeamLarrysun
bro no vex oooooo. Abeg I wan ask, are u a political confusionalist? why are u campaigning for every writer at the same time? Why are you making people to vote multiple times For different writers thereby killing the voting process ur self plz what’s your reason for doing this and do u stand to gain

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by swiz123(m): 11:53am On Aug 02
nice suspense Larry... can't wait did next week
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 12:56pm On Aug 02
Rapfrick:
bro no vex oooooo. Abeg I wan ask, are u a political confusionalist? why are u campaigning for every writer at the same time? Why are you making people to vote multiple times For different writers thereby killing the voting process ur self plz what’s your reason for doing this and do u stand to gain

Lol,Bros you funny sha... All this people I am campaigning to be voted for were nominated in different categories of literature, check it out yourself..

Larrysun is nominated for Crime/Thriller stories
Centino is nominated for comedy stories
Ann2012 and I were nominated for Best Reader/Commenter..

The only thing I stand to gain is the joy these people will have when they eventually win, the campaign is just my way of appreciating them for the free entertainment, nothing more.. I have done this before and I'll keep doing thing..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:05pm On Aug 02
LarrySun:
You have always been a wonderful follower. I really appreciate this. Thank you so much!

And to every other person who kindly voted for me, I say THANK YOU! You all inspire me to not give up.

It's just my way of thanking you for the free entertainment..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02
Mrs Gold is gone, condemned to death by a hardened,trigger happy thug.. But like they say, an eye for an eye, he went the same way too..

If I were Mr Gold, I would have shot at the thug the moment I stepped into the house..

Rhoda, I wish you safely delivery.. You and the baby have to survive, I can only wonder how you will be able to relay the story to the child when he/she enquires about his maternal grandmother..

Meanwhile, Mr Gold, Roberto Bonifacio, John Balewa, Yinka and Mr/Mrs Black are in a crossfire.. Death looms..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Rapfrick(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02
Ok big up
EkopSparoAyara:

Lol,Bros you funny sha... All this people I am campaigning to be voted for were nominated in different categories of literature, check it out yourself..

Larrysun is nominated for Crime/Thriller stories
Centino is nominated for comedy stories
Ann2012 and I were nominated for Best Reader/Commenter..

The only thing I stand to gain is the joy these people will have when they eventually win, the campaign is just my way of appreciating them for the free entertainment, nothing more.. I have done this before and I'll keep doing thing..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.