Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,805 members, 7,810,098 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills (28871 Views)

This Lady Says She Prefers Being A Married Mans Mistress To Being A Wife[photos] / Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Podolskie777: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2019
Am sure ur mind has given u the right answer that she is not the one but u dont want to listen. Go ahead now na u sabi..
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Angelfrost(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

Which feminist? Do I look like a feminist in your eyes? Have I ever told you I am one or you assume I am one because my posts doesn't align with yours? undecided

Pls, I am a misandrist.

I see... I didn't infer nor insinuate that you were a feminist... Anyway, good luck on your chosen life perspective.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by pocohantas(f): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2019
bukatyne:

In this issue, the average Nigerian man wants to eat his cake and have it: a wife who handles all domestics and is open to sharing resources.

Also, the belief that a wife should still cover up for her husband financially do not allow the kids see the financial realities of the home.

They should pick a stuggle and stop speaking from two sides of their mouths.

After he gets a woman that believes in financial partnership, he will be back online in few years time to claim he does it alone. Nawa angry
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by pocohantas(f): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Angelfrost:

I see... I didn't infer nor insinuate that you were a feminist... Anyway, good luck on your chosen life perspective.

So what is the business of feminists in my comment? If I am not one or their representative, how would my comments affect them?

Good luck too.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by OgbeniSamm(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
Headlesschicken:
grin Run bro,I repeat Run, A wise man once told me that no woman is in love,they r all after something... Never tell a woman u want to wife her,no matter how wonderful she is, always keep her guessing... Buh u guys would never hear...Once Dem gv una small t0t0 una go begin misbehave...

Wise words
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by grandstar(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:
I always respond to my fiancée financial demands even when most of them seems like extortion. She prefer I pay her bills both rent and utility though I try to wriggle my self out in rare occasions.

Condition of marriage: No sex before marriage, I abide completely because I want her. She attends her friends weekend activity than finding time for us to stay close even when she constantly reports about how her female friends accuse her of lesbianism but I pray she’s not.

She works and her wages and daily earnings is a little bit above mine. I have told her my marriage intention and she openly accepted without the usual marriage proposals but I am thinking to make it official.

I am still considering if she is suitable and can make a useful wife because I am about to make an official statement which is going to change my entire course in life.

Please, my fellow Nairalanders, I need constructive and supportive words. Blissful week to you!

Dump her. You're not her dad. Let her learn to pay her bills. It is the right thing.

If you're principled to believe in no sex before marriage, you should be principled to know you're to pay your bills. It isn't rocket science.

Her partying without you is mean. You're a couple for crying out loud. If she already leaves you out now, she'll do the same in future.

About her alleged lesbianism, please investigate. If you need to get a private investigator, do so. It might be the real reason for no sex before marriage and her partying without you on the weekends. She might have no romantic attachment to you.

Also, on your own, research signs that one is a lesbian. Google "gaydar signs".

I'm in support of no sex before marriage and it must be for the right reasons. No sex before marriage simply to hide the fact that you're not sexually attracted to your future mate is mean. No one has a right to use another.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by wanger50(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
ogawisdom:
You are about to make the worst mistake of your life marrying an extremely selfish woman. Don't say u were not warned. She has shown u signal for the danger ahead ignore n suffer later.

This is the type of woman that will ruin u financially while building a secret house of her own without your knowledge.
Bro,take this advice very very very serious. Seems God is speaking to you through this man
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Everrest9(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
What I can tell you is that if you stop paying her bills naw, she would show u her true self. It's all about bills.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Judybash93(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
Break the hell up with her...
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Angelfrost(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
pocohantas:

So what is the business of feminists in my comment? If I am not one or their representative, how would my comments affect them?

Good luck too.

It's no secret that there are lots of feminists on this forum (Both open and dodgy).... It's not inconceivable that a lot of them would find your comment (sarcasm or not) quite condescending and out-rightly demeaning to their high view/perspective on relationship dynamics...

You don't have to be a feminist to allude to them directly or indirectly....
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by kpolli(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:
I always respond to my fiancée financial demands even when most of them seems like extortion. She prefer I pay her bills both rent and utility though I try to wriggle my self out in rare occasions.

Condition of marriage: No sex before marriage, I abide completely because I want her. She attends her friends weekend activity than finding time for us to stay close even when she constantly reports about how her female friends accuse her of lesbianism but I pray she’s not.

She works and her wages and daily earnings is a little bit above mine. I have told her my marriage intention and she openly accepted without the usual marriage proposals but I am thinking to make it official.

I am still considering if she is suitable and can make a useful wife because I am about to make an official statement which is going to change my entire course in life.

Please, my fellow Nairalanders, I need constructive and supportive words. Blissful week to you!

She isn't your fiancee; you never officially asked her
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by pocohantas(f): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
Angelfrost:

It's no secret that there are lots of feminists on this forum (Both open and dodgy).... It's not inconceivable that a lot of them would find your comment (sarcasm or not) quite condescending and out-rightly demeaning to their high view/perspective on relationship dynamics...

You don't have to be a feminist to allude to them directly or indirectly....

Why should they find my comment demeaning? You mean Nlders do not respect individual choices/opinions?

There are women who are traditional, there are men for them. I always thought majority of NL males were like that- alas, they are suddenly pro-partnership grin
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by MiseryIndex(m): 4:03pm On Sep 30, 2019
As Long As She Is Not Cheating Then Carry Her Along.Most Women Are Too Self Centered When It Comes To Money
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Lamanii22(f): 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
chudu:
Guy don't go ahead with the marriage. What sought of wife material is that

Sort**
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Price042: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2019
Someone's tribe can be the cause of that....eg Mbaise gals are good on extorting from their boi friends and can be stingy in given out puna,infact dey are stingy in all ratification.

Mbaise people oya war start lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by kofero2: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
It's you duty to pay your wife bills but that lady is a scam...
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by bayulll011(m): 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2019
Esthered:
How can you engage an empowered woman with an entitlement mentality? She ought to be your partner and not impose her bills on you and if you weren't in her life, won't the rent be paid. Have you tried talking to her about it and how you're financially of your woman, children and her family. This is why women outlive men sometimes. I'll like to grow old with my man. All the best in your decision making.

God will not allow me to marry any woman that sees my money is our money,but her money is her money that is completely selfish and irresponsible.
My money is our money same with her money.
people cannot identify Red flags in relationship still shameful don't be clouded with love that can perish with any obstacles
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by nzechukwuuu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2019
1)
she works and you work but she wants you to pay all her bills? pls note that a lot of women are like that, if you know that you cannot cope with this attitude, now is the time to look before you leap !!! also note that SHE WILL NOT CHANGE LATER IN MARRIAGE !!! decide now weather you can live with it or not
2)
No sex before marriage, very good morals, very commendable !!! but kindly investigate your intended spouse's sexual orientation properly as she's already talking about being accused of lesbianism, reason being that many gay/lesbians marry or enter into heterosexual relationships because they want a baby, some also marry because they want to appear normal to avoid stigma in this part of the world. so after marriage, some walk away after childbirth, some retain their old relationships by the side !! so again LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP !!!!!
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
@Hotzone, first of all how old are y'all?

I might be wrong, but I suspect you're trying to hook a girl who's outta your league. I don't think she loves you. This relationship is very convenient for her... she's not f*cking you, she barely spends time with you, you're paying all of the bills.
You've probably been sucking things up and paying the bills because you wanna prove you're a man. You want to send a message that it doesn't matter if she earns more than you do.

You're a good guy, but I think you're being played man.

But I still don't get it, how do people not know when they aren't loved??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by mechanics(m): 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2019
Since you are not married for now, is not your duty to be carrying her bills on your head but you can do the little you can avoid, don't just tell her you have the money for now.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by bluefilm: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2019
Nwoke m, you are dating a lesbian and you are just there waiting for her to tell you?

I pity you.

Nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by babyfaceafrica: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2019
MiseryIndex:
As Long As She Is Not Cheating Then Carry Her Along.Most Women Are Too Self Centered When It Comes To Money
so as like long as she is faithful,but a leech,he should continue?
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by LadySarah: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
You have to see changes or leave.
The first evidence of love is giving.How can you love and not give,it makes no sense.

This is a vital issue in marriage and so shouldnt be handled with kids gloves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by babyfaceafrica: 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kapeter:
you see your life? You married the right person which you believe is right for you, do you know if this very same lady means alot to op for him to have initiate marriage talks, hun?

Buh yet, you advising the op to let go of the lady for a really small minor case when they can really just talk it over. Stop giving such advice i take God beg you, this said lady hasn't really done bad. Good wife isn't really easy to com by, if she refuse to change her ways which means she won't help in marriage then the op can let go buh not just leaving her without talking about the issue with her first.
so been a leech is a minor issue?
.The man pays all and the woman folds her arm even when she earns more than the man?..How is it a minor issue?.A man created to be exploited?
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Korllami007: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
@Hotzone, first of all how old are y'all?

I might be wrong, but I suspect you're trying to hook a girl who's outta your league. I don't think she loves you. This relationship is very convenient for her... she's not f*cking you, she barely spends time with you, you're paying all of the bills.
You've probably been sucking things up and paying the bills because you wanna prove you're a man. You want to send a message that it doesn't matter if she earns more than you do.

You're a good guy, but I think you're being played man.

But I still don't get it, how do people not know when they aren't loved??
Hahahahahaha. I gotta be the easiest person to read, 'cause if I don't like you, you'll know as bright as day.

Especially when he's paying your bills.

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Onyi90(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2019
I think love should be a burden and win for two parties involve. U should also be free to discuss such sensitive matters together.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Esthered: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
bayulll011:

God will not allow me to marry any woman that sees my money is our money,but her money is her money that is completely selfish and irresponsible.
My money is our money same with her money.
people cannot identify Red flags in relationship still shameful don't be clouded with love that can perish with any obstacles
Thay abound and the man can change or improve the mentality if he's not fine with it. If she ticks all the boxes except that, will you leave her for the one that may be putting up a show to secure your ring? If it were my brother that confided in me, I'll tell him to see how he can help influence her views on money in relationship and if it's to no avail and dangerous for the journey ahead, he can pull out.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by showafrica(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:

First of all, ask yourself, are my a gold digger? If yes, then you go regret am but if no, you have nothing to worry. You see those bills, you will continue to pay it and any day you refuse, problem Don start. During dating, anything that worries you will continue to worry you even after wedding, so check well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by AntiMCU: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2019
ornicus:
U never marry and you dey pay the Bills? And you are not even pussy whipped? Abeg sign me up for her efo riro. That thing will sell more than jacumas wet pussy charm. This is the real shit right here.
So you took your pills today?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by Fxwarrior: 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hotzone:

Anything you endure now will only magnify itself after marriage. Talk to her and let her know your mind. No need dying in silence.

Any woman that will say, my money is my money, your money is our money should rot in hell.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by SissyAda: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hope my bf can see what other bfs are doing.. LOL. OP a wise man once said shine your eyes.
Re: My Fiancée Works But She Prefers I Pay Her Bills by ogawisdom(m): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2019
wanger50:
Bro,take this advice very very very serious. Seems God is speaking to you through this man

ok sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are The Signs A Boyfriend Shows If He Is No Longer Interested? / Twitter User Makes His Brother's Date With His Crush A Sweet One / Not All Women Want Your Money…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.