Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (16313 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2019
PreyingMantis:
Instead of ranting like a demented goat, why don't you do a little research and find out the relationship between the Itumbuzo of Abia State and the Itumbuzo of Akwa-Ibom. Do some research and save yourself the public embarrassment

Cc
Otuekong1
Wiseone28

They are the people we call itiribori

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 10:37am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
ConqueredWest:

[/s]
We called you people Ndito uneghe ino

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 10:40am On Oct 02, 2019
wiseone28:
Very shameless..

They are looking for minority groups to oppress in their Biafra.

I pity Ebonyi state which is also igbo state but they still see them like outcast.

Mention anytime in history that Igbos have ever attacked let alone subjugate Ibibio/Annang/Oron

5 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Binikingdowm: 10:42am On Oct 02, 2019
wiseone28:
Very shameless..

They are looking for minority groups to oppress in their Biafra.

I pity Ebonyi state which is also igbo state but they still see them like outcast.
they know they can't bully the Benins because the Benins will use their blood to paint all the houses if their stupidity here, that's why they keep pushing them to the Yoruba.

Very shameless people
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Mention anytime in history that Igbos have ever attacked let alone subjugate Ibibio/Annang/Oron
There was a thread here last year where Anambra guy were saying Ebonyi people are not truly igbo..

You guys may not attack us here because you want to forced yourself on us..

But you do it physically by calling us your slaves like you called Ebonyi people outcast igbo and gala hawkers
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Bigwin2018: 10:48am On Oct 02, 2019
omenka:
Neither are there in Benue state.

Folks should stop spreading lies on the internet.
If you mean to say their are no igbos in Benue state I am telling you here that my people who speaks IZZI language occupies the larger part of Ado local government, the EZZAs are also well represented in Benue state too and are domiciled in Ado and oju local government.

9 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Bigwin2018: 10:57am On Oct 02, 2019
omenka:
You people should stop plastering this trash everywhere trying to make it stick. IT WILL NEVER STICK.

Imagine after the false claims, you guys have now started extrapolating to claim they produced q ward counciller!! Imagine the shameless lies.

What is the name of the councillor? Honourable Nobody? sad

Why cant you lot present even a leaflet of evidence, say, a historical document, that back up your claims, rather than some fictitious newspaper publication which, by the way doesnt even support your claims?

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!!

You arent from Benue. Stop forcing yourselves on Benue.
Am Igbo and also from Benue state precisely Ado LGA.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by forgiveness: 10:59am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:
it's Biafra...igboland map and Biafran map are not the same.

Biafra has a better chance of realisation than oduduwa... the reason is because Biafra once existed.... oduduwa Republic has never existed

So you could differentiate between Igboland map and Biafra map? But why can't you differentiate between Yorubaland map and Oduduwa Republic? Are you a hypocrite?

Realize the dream first.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2019
wiseone28:
There was a thread here last year where Anambra guy were saying Ebonyi people are not truly igbo..

You guys may not attack us here because you want to forced yourself on us..

But you do it physically by calling us your slaves like you called Ebonyi people outcast igbo and gala hawkers

I asked a simple question and you are speaking in tongues.

Let me repeat the question for you since you have comprehension problem

Mention anytime in history that the great Igbos have ever attacked let alone subjugated & enslaved the Ibibios, Annangs, Orons, Efiks etc.?

9 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2019
Binikingdowm:
they know they can't bully the Benins because the Benins will use their blood to paint all the houses if their stupidity here, that's why they keep pushing them to the Yoruba.

Very shameless people

In your mind, a minority ethnic group like yours can take on the Igbos who are 10times your number, wealth and technical creativity.?

Keep deluding yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

In your mind, a minority ethnic group like yours can take on the Igbos who are 10times your number, wealth and technical creativity.?

Keep deluding yourself.
Wealth?
Why not remain in your dirty,unplanned,rough towns
Oponu
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ConqueredWest: 11:07am On Oct 02, 2019
otuekong1:
Wealth? Why not remain in your dirty,unplanned,rough towns Oponu
Oponu a Yoruba slang meaning brainless.
Tomorrow, person go dey claim wetin him no be

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Dirty thief
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Guy go n face ur hustle stop claiming what is not yours
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Farouksenior: 11:11am On Oct 02, 2019
No single igbo lga in akwa ibom state.

No single place igbo is spoken. Ho ha

I did my nysc in Akwa ibom.

Please stop the misinformation here

From 1999 of obong victor attah to akpabio to udom emmanuel of 2019 no single igbo comissioner .

The igbos should look inwards afterall malaysia expelled singapore but singapore is ok naw
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
ConqueredWest:

I asked a simple question and you are speaking in tongues.

Let me repeat the question for you since you have comprehension problem

Mention anytime in history that the great Igbos have ever attacked let alone subjugated & enslaved the Ibibios, Annangs, Orons, Efiks etc.?
[/s] let me leave you till you learn how to argue in a civilized manner
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Binikingdowm: 11:23am On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

Keep deluding yourself.
ijaw used you people as slaves? Benin also did theirs.

3 millions of your people were killed because you cross over our border.

Claim our territory and that figure will double

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Oh, I thought there there is zero Igbo presence in Akwa Ibom ?

Don't Even Mention Rivers and Delta before I invite Ikenna to put you in your place like he did on that thread " The Genesis of mistrust between Igbo's and Yoruba" thread...

Note, Akwa Ibom has may other languages.. The above picture is map of languages that are influential

You even opened your mouth and called someone land grabber..

Afonja land grabbing didn't even start today

My name is Ikechukwu, not Ikenna. Anyway, ignorance is a disease in that shithole. That's a pattern I've noticed. The average Niggerians are imbeciles, proud ones at that. Funny thing is those that are ignorant are the ones that actually act like they are knowledgeable. My best friend is from Akwa Ibom. Both his parents are from Akwa Ibom but his mother is half igbo/half annang despite both her parents are equally from Akwa Ibom from the same LGA according to his mother. His mother hails from Ukanafun LGA and according to her, Ndokis equally share that LGA with Annang people just the Ndoki are very small percentage. When I googled it, they have three villages in that LGA so they are small minorities like she said. cool thing though is that so hold onto their language despite being a small minority surrounded by the Annang people. His mom speaks fluent Igbo and according to her she learned it from her mother. Anyway, I'm not even shocked by The op and other ignorant folks like him. I recall idiots on this forum used to tell me to return back to SE because there's no such thing as Delta igbo. That igbos in Delta migrated to Delta after the civil war so I'm not shocked by the imbecilic comments. Honestly, not shocked.. Ignorant people act like they are the most knowledgeable.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2019
For those interested to actually learn something..The Igbo clan in Akwa Ibom are the Ndokis and they are located in Ukanafun Local Government Area. They were carved there during Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment. One of their village that I know of is Ohaobu Ndoki. My best friend's grandmother is from there. The Ndoki in Akwa Ibom have three villages in Ukanafun LGA and they did not migrate there. That was their land forcefully carved out of modern day Abia state during the boundary adjustment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Ikechunna:
For those interested to actually learn something..The Igbo clan in Akwa Ibom are the Ndokis and they are located in Ukanafun Local Government Area. They were carved there during Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment. One of their village that I know of is Ohaobu Ndoki. My best friend's grandmother is from there. The Ndoki in Akwa Ibom have three villages in Ukanafun LGA and they did not migrate there. That was their land forcefully carved out of modern day Abia state during the boundary adjustment.
What if I tell you that the said ndoki migrated to ukanafun due to the civil war that was ongoing then
Oga,Igbo's should be contented with the 5 states the are wholly majority and they should pursue their cause without blackmail.ing,coersing,threatening other ethnic groups in south south
Peace out
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by dokyOloye: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Ikechunna:
cc;Omenka
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
otuekong1:

What if I tell you that the said ndoki migrated to ukanafun due to the civil war that was ongoing then
Oga,Igbo's should be contented with the 5 states the are wholly majority and they should pursue their cause without blackmail.ing,coersing,threatening other ethnic groups in south south
Peace out

As I mentioned earlier the most ignorant ones are the ones that try to act most knowledgeable. Get the Bleep out of my mention with your illiteracy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by oilPUSSY(f): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ikechunna:

My name is Ikechukwu, not Ikenna. Anyway, ignorance is a disease in that shithole. That's a pattern I've noticed. The average Niggerians are imbeciles, proud ones at that. Funny thing is those that are ignorant are the ones that actually act like they are knowledgeable. My best friend is from Akwa Ibom. Both his parents are from Akwa Ibom but his mother is half igbo/half annang despite both her parents are equally from Akwa Ibom from the same LGA according to his mother. His mother hails from Ukanafun LGA and according to her, Ndokis equally share that LGA with Annang people just the Ndoki are very small percentage. When I googled it, they have three villages in that LGA so they are small minorities like she said. cool thing though is that so hold onto their language despite being a small minority surrounded by the Annang people. His mom speaks fluent Igbo and according to her she learned it from her mother. Anyway, I'm not even shocked by The op and other ignorant folks like him. I recall idiots on this forum used to tell me to return back to SE because there's no such thing as Delta igbo. That igbos in Delta migrated to Delta after the civil war so I'm not shocked by the imbecilic comments. Honestly, not shocked.. Ignorant people act like they are the most knowledgeable.

I see some of their comments as comic relief.

Let them keep believing their own lies.

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by dokyOloye: 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
otuekong1:

Peace out
Sorry to say this,but the average non-Igbo south south man is the most foolish thing in Nigeria.
Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas have been the ones dealing with you since independence, yet d same ppl have programmed your skulls to believe Igbos are your problem.
This small issue of some tiny Igbo groups who were cut off from their kit n kin during boundary delineation after state creations na him de give you high BP like this,meanwhile Igbos never deny that there are Igalas or some cross river ppl in Igbo land.
Na SS oil money dem use develop Lagos,Abuja, Kano and d whole of the north but na Igbos be una problem.
Igbos rarely have history of wars with their SS kit and kin even since prehistoric times,never fought wars of domination or acquisition but na Igbo be ya problem.
Igbos live all over the SS doing their thing peacefully same with SS ppl living in Igbo land yet na Igbos be your problem.
Majority of the privately owned oil wells in the SS are owned by the Indimis,Dantatas,Dasukis,Alakijas,Otudekos and were gifts to themselves during military regimes, if you see an Igbo man with oil well,he probably bought it with his sweat and blood,yet na Igbos be your problem.
See how the same hausa/Fulani and their yoruba conductors ganged up and pushed your son GEJ out,Igbos were his only support base outside d SS,yet na Igbos be una problem.
Shame on you ppl.

7 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2019
oilPUSSY:

I see some of their comments as comic relief.

Let them keep believing their own lies.
I don't even waste my precious time arguing with stupid people. The day I realized that your average Niggerian is dumber than a sack of potatoes and are more mentally deranged than a severe schizophrenic was the day I realized I'm insulting humanity arguing with the disgrace and joke of Africa and the embarrassment of the black race. I see correcting Niggerian as correcting a mad man Honestly.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

Sorry to say this,but the average non-Igbo south south man is the most foolish thing in Nigeria.
Hausa/Fulani and Yorubas have been the ones dealing with you since independence, yet d same ppl have programmed your skulls to believe Igbos are your problem.
This small issue of some tiny Igbo groups who were cut off from their kit n kin during boundary delineation after state creations na him de give you high BP like this,meanwhile Igbos never deny that there are Igalas or some cross river ppl in Igbo land.
Na SS oil money dem use develop Lagos,Abuja, Kano and d whole of the north but na Igbos be una problem.
Igbos rarely have history of wars with their SS kit and kin even since prehistoric times,never fought wars of domination or acquisition but na Igbo be ya problem.
Igbos live all over the SS doing their thing peacefully same with SS ppl living in Igbo land yet na Igbos be your problem.
Majority of the privately owned oil wells in the SS are owned by the Indimis,Dantatas,Dasukis,Alakijas,Otudekos and were gifts to themselves during military regimes, if you see an Igbo man with oil well,he probably bought it with his sweat and blood,yet na Igbos be your problem.
See how the same hausa/Fulani and their yoruba conductors ganged up and pushed your son GEJ out,Igbos were his only support base outside d SS,yet na Igbos be una problem.
Shame on you ppl.
I think you should read news on why the Igbo's are having boundary problems wirlth akwa ibom,cross river,Benue and kogi
Igbo's have the same ideology as the Fulani but theirs is that they are not as brutal compared to the fulanis
I think the Igbo's should look inward forcing themselves on other Niger delta ethnic groups
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=Ikechunna post=82768555]
I don't even waste my precious time arguing with stupid people. The day I realized that your average Niggerian is dumber than a sack of potatoes and are more mentally deranged than a severe schizophrenic was the day I realized I'm insulting humanity arguing with the disgrace and joke of Africa and the embarrassment of the black race. I see correcting Niggerian as correcting a mad man Honestly. [/quoteTHE BRIEF HISTORICAL ORIGIN OF NDOKI ETHNIC NATIONALITY AND THE CREATION OF UKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.

The origin of Ndoki in the 15th Centuries is traced to civil war that broke out in the then powerful Benin Kingdom. This war caused total division of the old Benin Kingdom as series of migrants departed to the East. One of the Migratory groups was the Ijo who settled around Akassa. A part of these group left Akassa towards the Northwards along the Egenni and Orashi Rivers to Oguta. Along the line, they came in contact with the Ibo town of Umunoha in Owerri and Ndizuorgu in the former Orlu Division.

The emigrants pushed southwards settling at Okolomakiri in Azumini creek. They moved from there to a site, now, occupied by Umuagbayi. It was here they broke into two groups. One section to a placed called Okoloma (land of the curlew birds) that later became known as Obani or Bonny. The other section remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku.

Part of the emigrants who reached Bonny, retraced their steps back to Opobo along the Imo Rivers and settled or traded with earlier co-emigrants.
It is a truism that going by the migratory era in this context Ndoki people are ancestrally, biologically and anthropologically linked with the Ijos who migrated with them when the war broke out in Ancient Benin Kingdom. Our culture, tradition and practices are explicit and clear on our origin.

It was on the strength of this coupled with struggle for political space that the uncompromised quest to realize a separate or delineated environment where Ndoki and its traits will be noticed and respected propelled our founding fathers to opt for creation of a local government. Thus Ukwa East Local Government Area came into being in 1992 from the defunct Ukwa Local Government Area.

The initiators and proponents of its creation saw it as a meaningful objectives and welcome development hence it proffered diversified opportunities to complement the effort of our ancestors where distinct origin, ideas, values, knowledge, institution, belief, socio-economic and political environment would be homogenously provided to synthesize the practice of our common good which refers to as “a social state which guarantees each person his/her rightful place in a community in which he/she can freely develop his/her God-given talent to attain bodily, spiritual and moral perfection and become richer in internal and external goods through his/her services to the community”. The geo-political formation of Ukwa East in particular meant to depend upon this was targeted at drawing the attention of National and state governments to the backwardness of Ndoki land primarily occasioned by marginalization coming only from their politically induced self-development.

This is why it is unacceptable and should be discouraged especially when often times, most of the projects the dominant people in the position of trust managed to site at Ndoki land in Ukwa East are subsumed under Ukwa West Local Government this anti-delineation practice orchestrated by NDDCs administrative Map has continued to attract criticism and condemnation by those who understand the classification.

This was an Excerpt of a piece on a special report titles ..
Special Report: The Position And Marginalization Of Ndoki Ethnic Nationality

Written and compiled by:
Comrade Henry O. Nwaigwe
Youth Coordinator
Ndoki Youth Federation and
Ohuru Youth Grand Alliance
www.chidioparareports..co.ke/2014/09/special-report-position-and_2.html?m=1

I dare anyone to provide any historical literature that goes against this. I want to maintain that Ndokis are 100% Ijaws. The Ndokis in Rivers know this. Those in Abia though realise this but having mixed with the Igbos, I will hold my piece.
(Quote) (Report) 14 Likes (Like) 3 Shares (Share)
Th
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
ConqueredWest:

The fucking fool is actually Yoruba pretending to be Akwa Ibom. Vivalavida exposed him in one topic. I will not for a slight second be surprised if the so called "Akwa ibomites" on this topic are not ALL Afonjas. The fact so called "Akwa ibomites" aren't aware that Ndokis are indigenous to Akwa Ibom is comical to say the least especially considering both Abia and Annang people have been in constant battle for God knows how long now over boundary adjustment. Hell recently read an article in year 2000 of fighting occurring in Ika LGA by people that are pro-annang and pro-Igbo. Supposedly, there's an identity problem in some of the indigenous there. Some believe they are Annang while some believe they are Igbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=otuekong1 post=82768724][/quote]

I repeat the most ignorant are the ones that act like they are knowledgeable.

Directly from Ndokis themselves

Lagos — Complaints of marginalisation have resurrected an age-old agitation by the people of Oyigbo local government in Rivers State for a merger with their kith and kin in Abia State.

There is a grounds- well of discontent and agitation in Oyigbo local government area of Rivers State. The people are seriously complaining of marginalisation in the affairs of the state and now want to go back to Abia State from where they were carved out in 1976. Oyigbo local government was merged with Rivers State following federal government's acceptance of the report of the Justice Mamman Nasir boundary adjustment commission. Besides, they insist that they are Igbo and would be better catered for in a predominant Igbo territory. The people, under the aegis of Asa-Ndoki-Obigbo League, ANOL, have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo, alleging denial of social amenities such as electricity, pipe-borne water, motorable roads and hospital, among others. "Since we have been denied everything due to us, we must go back to our kith and kin in Abia State", they wrote in a petition dated February 18, 2000 and signed by Stanley Akaya and Johnson Ezenma, president and secretary-general respectively. In the petition, ANOL gave 17 reasons why the people want to go back to Abia State.
https://allafrica.com/stories/200008290349.html

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Ikechunna: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
[quote author=otuekong1 post=82768724][/quote]

Even an Ndoki was who exposed how Ijaws call them Ijaw for political reasons. As I said get the Bleep out of my mention with your illiteracy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FG Trains Ghanaian, Liberian, Egyptian, Malawian Electricity Workers / FG To Cut Meal Allowances Of Officials By 65% / Wike Criticises NJC For Suspending Judges Accused Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.