Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

5454Darese's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5454Darese's Profile / 5454Darese's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 3:46pm On Apr 17
Wonuola111:
Sorry for the late response pls , I never apply for Canada visa before and it’s the agent that told me the visa has been approved I ask him without biometric he said I will do the biometric submission together with my passport submission. What to do please am thinking of not dropping any money till they stamp the passport

Run for your life then
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 3:44pm On Apr 17
Wonuola111:
Hello gurus in the house good day to you all, please I’m confused I received a letter of approval without going for biometrics yet just receive PPR today 17th and my agent tell me I will do everything together when I’m going to drop my passport, please 🙏 is it possible or something like that do happen

Have you previously applied to IRCC before or ever given you biometrics before this current application? If yes then it’s possible. If no then your agent is a scammer.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 5:57pm On Apr 15
Good afternoon, please how long is it taking passport to be stamped and collected after submitting at vfs Lagos? Thanks
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:40pm On Apr 12
dubaiboy1:
I've never heard a case like this before ! Fascinating
Congratulations to your Mum.

Thanks 😊
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:38pm On Apr 12
oluayebenz:

Did you book for passport submission appointment with vfs before going?

Documents needed for submission...

Appointment letter
Passport request letter
Original passport
Biometric slip copy

Yeah I did. And she also took all these along.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 10:22pm On Apr 12
deejay102:

Congrats to your mum. That was pretty quick even for ones parent If you don't mind, by writing a letter to reconsider, do you mean you appealed or just sent a web form? How did you do that?

Thanks. Appeal letter(word/ pdf doc) and also copied the same thing on webform and then attached the pdf as attachment. . Via webform and emails

3 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:29pm On Apr 12
Eriokanmi:
God don catch you. So,you're one of those silent readers who have benefited from the resources here but would just waka without sharing the good news abi grin? Congrats!

When did you apply for your TRV? Can you share the timelines? You may be encouraging those still waiting endlessly here.

As regards the passport submission, there's a process involved,as you know and the VFS had initiated that already. You'd hear from them

Lol it’s for my mum actually. I have not been here since 2022 .

Applied for my mum
Applied March 1 2024
Biometrics March 5
Refusal 13 March
I wrote a letter to reconsider March 13
Approved April 11 2024

Just wanted to know if it’s a new development or something. I guess my mum has guffed again 😕😤
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:11pm On Apr 12
oluayebenz:

VFS suppose collect your passport for stamping.

Did they send you passport request letter or biometric request letter.

It was passport request letter
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 9:10pm On Apr 12
BuildingProject:
So here is my timeline for those that might catch one or 2 from it.

Applied for TRV. MAY 3 2023.
Biometrics was. MAY 7 2023
GCMS Notes. APRIL 3 2024
PPR APRIL 8 2024.

So I applied from the UK for a tourist visa with hotel booking, No IV used , processing time showed 385 days but I filled the form and my traveling date was to be April 13th. Airline won't allow me to book a flight more than a year.

After my biometrics, I got my 5 years US visa, so I submitted a webform in October with the visa page. The profile was updated on 27th Dec but nothing changed. Sent several webform asking for update but no response.

So I decided to order a GCMS notes base on advised given here. I think $19 or thereabout. Added additional webform same day that my traveling date is fast approaching and I have a non-refundable flight tkt and some other points.

PPR dropped today.

QUESTIONS:

Is it possible to submit my passport if I am in Texas?
And how long before the passport is returned?

Hi, please what’s the process for submitting passport to vfs Lagos? I went there to submit and they did not collect the passports and just said I will get a call or email?
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 7:55pm On Apr 12
Hi everyone. I was asked to submit my passport today and when I got to VFS Lagos they didn’t collect my passport. They only collected my contact details and said I will get an email or call. Were they not supposed to collect the passport and send it to ircc?
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 1:19am On Sep 18, 2023
jj17cv:
Background since on the 17th last month

Hi, when did you submit you application and biometrics?
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 5454Darese: 2:41am On Sep 07, 2023
Hi all, please does anyone know how long it’s taking for biometrics details to be updated on the profile after doing biometrics? Did it yesterday and still not updated.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
Sholy29ice:
Hi Guys,

To show proof of my experience, I can only have access to reference letters from my previous employers, No pay slip was issued to me when I was working there.

Is the reference letter just enough?

or

Will the statement printout of my account showing when and the amount I was paid be needed as a replacement to the pay slip?

Thank you

Yes reference letter and salary shown on statement is fine. Just circle/ indicate your salaries on the statements so that the officer will understand. You should also include a letter that you were not issued payslips and hence the reason for indicating your salaries in the statements.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
Rapture07:

It is very possible. But I usually advice people to focus on one Japa route. Weda na canada, uk, US or Australia, all na first world countries. Currently UK has a lot of opportunities especially if u go there as a student, the chances of getting a ILR is very high if u know what u r doing. For me I no get money to do canada and uk together. I have been saving 21k usd for More than 2yrs because I dey wait make canada give me PR. Anyway wish u all d best. If u have the resources of cos u can do both uk and canada

Yes do it from the U.K. no problem. Also if you have the opportunity to choose between U.K. and canada in future go for Canada, it’s better.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2022
dora7891:
Hello all
My question goes as: I have Bsc Nursing (from obafemi awowolo university), that was integrated with RN and they also gave us the opportunity to write the Public health exam, so I have RPHN as well.

I will be evaluating with IQAS. I know I’ll be sending my academic transcripts to IQAS for my Bsc but what about the RN and RPHN? is it also my school that I put as the institution? or is it NMCN and WAHEB respectively that I will put as the institution to send my transcripts/verify my credentials.

Lastly i would like to know if you know if IQAS accepts statement of result in place of the degree certificate as my school is still on strike and I’m yet to collect it. Thank you very much in advance

Yes ask your university to send them the transcript also in the area you were to upload certificate just upload and explanation letter that your certificate is not ready and the reason for that and statement of results.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2022
Queenmaker:
Hello everyone. I wish to get some advice on sending passport after PPR.
Please what is the best option? Is it to send it to Vfs Accra directly via courier? I heard using Lagos vfs is slow? Any better option?

Please note I am awaiting my second PPR(Got first ppr a day to my wedding)

Thank you in anticipation.

Please just sent it directly to Accra. If you send it through Lagos that might add additional 2-3 weeks to your processing time. You could get your passport back within 2.5 - 5 weeks if you send to Accra directly while Lagos 5.5-10 weeks.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 2:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Redkay:
Finally got COPR today ��������

See you all in Canada ������

Is there any family moving to Vancouver/British Columbia, let’s link up oo. I’m looking to make friends

Congratulations �

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 2:33pm On Jun 23, 2022
Dennyjuff:

They won’t notice it’s new how some organizations have their payslips generated from a portal not given by hand … so if i print out from 2011 it will be new.

Please be careful, people already advised you about the here. Those officers are not fools. Just get a salary/ cash certificate from the company
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
Please is this a good enough score..my first attempt…should I retake or remark..I heard I need an overall 8 graciouswords

Retake it please, listening and reading marks do not change don’t waste your money. However for a first attempt you did very well. Try aiming 9 In each.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:22am On Jun 21, 2022
Cutiepie123:
Hello house, does anyone here have the experience of su bmitting passport with only 6 months validity? I need advice olss

If it’s for permanent residency visa, go ahead and submit. 6 months is fine

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2022
efeu:

Just realized I didn't pay the transmission fee for my child. How did you go about it after paying? did you call VFS?

I am not sure if you have to pay transmission fee separate for your children, if it’s compulsory then Hurry up, pay and send receipt to their Email address. Which of the VFS though and when did you submit?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2022
J
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Rapture07:
Hi guys. So while my application is currently still in progress, I moved to another country and have been there for more than 6 months. I informed IRCC about the change in address, which has been updated on my account already. Now the question is this, should I go ahead and apply for PCC and send via webform or should I wait for IRCC to request for it. This pcc dey fear me because my last application which was march 2020 was refused because of this pcc wahala.

Go ahead and send it together with schedule A and travel history
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 6:10am On Jun 21, 2022
Goodnew13:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need your advise.

I recently wrote IELTS and scored a band 8 (L8.5, R8.0, W7, S7.5).

I am planning to evaluate my certificate, and this is where I need advise. I have ND, HND and PGD, and I'll be seeking provincial nomination because age is not on my side like that.

Now, is it OK to evaluate just my PGD alone or I need to evaluate all ?

Note: I have my PGD certificate ready, but I'll need to apply for the ND and HND, and thinking of how long it might take, I am seriously considering just going with the PGD alone. But then, I want to be sure I am making the right choice here.

Thank you.

Evaluate all, note that one of your program has to be 3 years at least to be qualified for 2 or more certificate 128 points.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bellatrixx:

So, passport delivered today, takes 2-3 working days after pick up it seems. They partnered with UPS.

Okay that’s awesome, thank you very much for the update. Congratulations one more!!!
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Haircombb:

I just received a mail that my passport has been received at Lagos VFS. Do I need to send DHL a consent form to pick it up? Or will they contact DHL to pick it up themselves?

If you didn’t do 2 way courier initially they will send you an email with those details and you will then make payment and revert to them. If you did 2 way courier just request your courier do the pickup.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:31am On Jun 20, 2022
Bellatrixx:

Sadly they’re yet to deliver, maybe they’ll this week.

Sent a mail with the filled consent form and payment details on Monday 13th June (a public holiday), got a mail it’s been couriered from vfs lagos on “vide courier partner” on Wednesday 15th. Awaiting delivery.

Wow, that’s so bad of vfs Nigeria. best thing is to do 2 way courier then. Also which email did you send the consent form and Payment details to? Please keep me updated when they do so that I will know how long it takes.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2022
Bellatrixx:

Thank you.

Yes I got a mail with details on how to request for delivery using their courier service. A consent form and the mail address to forward all necessary correspondence to.

How long did vfs courier take to deliver your passport to your address?
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
Solidcitizen:
Good evening house...please I have a few questions on passport stamping.

1. I plan to send my passport through VFS Lagos. Do I have to pay the transmission fee if I did my biometrics in the Lagos office? I still have the white slips we were given during biometrics.

2. I am sending passports for a family of 3. Can I use a single envelope for all our passports/documents?

You don’t need to pay transmission fees since you did your biometrics there.

Yes you can use a single envelope. They will separate them later at the vfs.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
Mola02:
Good morning
Please I want to ask how long it takes to get Accra vfs tracking number or any information from the vfs.
We sent passport to Ghana vfs directly through dhl, and from the dhl tracking it was delivered on Wednesday.
But we haven’t heard anything from vfs Accra if they have received it or not.. or any mail to acknowledge it. Please those who sent passport directly to Accra vfs.. did you experience the same

Send them an email requesting for your tracking number info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 12:07am On Jun 18, 2022
ednut1:
u say wetin They cross check information submitted earlier. Application will be refused

He will be fine, he just needs to explain the reason why he didn’t include it in the initial application.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ade9k:
Pls I need advice.

I applied for Canada study visa last year which was later refused. In the work experience section of the study application, I declared only 3 recent work experiences
Company A: Aug 2020 till date
Company B(Npower): Aug 2018- July 2020
Company C(NYSC): April 2016-April 2017.

While working at company B (I go once a week because of distance and cost). I was also working simultaneously at another company (real estate company) which I didn't declare. I've started my express entry journey, and I would like to use the work experience gained in the real estate company. Will there be a problem if I do this?

Note, I can't get ref letter for the nysc and Npower work experience because of distance.

There won’t be a problem, express entry is different from study visa/application . Just go ahead with you application and back it up with prayer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.