Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Fela Supported Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Supported Biafra (12441 Views)

Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley / President Of France Charles Degaulle Supported Biafra Remarks He Made At A Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

Aigbofa,

I had an epiphany of sorts. In my defense of my people, I should not have belittled other groups. There are other ways to achieve my purpose without resorting to tribal bashing.

It actually pained me, because how can I reconcile my post with my love for many aspects of Yoruba culture and people.

were did you have your baptism, that pastor must be good! grin
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

were did you have your baptism, that pastor must be good! grin
we all know by tomor it'll be another story. . . . talk about consistency.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

O ye with little faith. I am a changed man.

But enough about me, more about this great man known as Fela!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

grin grin grin grin

i hope he does not change oooo!! grin
pls work harder on him wink
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

O ye with little faith. I am a changed man.

But enough about me, more about this great man known as Fela!

WOW!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

cap28,

I agree with you whole-heartedly. The whole world recognizes Fela as a great man. He had his shortcomings, but his music transcended it all! It is a shame that many Nigerians could not learn from his songs.

I heard that there was a play on Broadway about Fela.

The New York Times did a wonderful article on the play.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/22/theater/22fela.html

That man was ahead of his time.

yes there is indeed a broadway play which has been running since last year i think, the performance is coming to london and i shall be going to see it in december.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/31/fela-kuti-musical-neil-spencer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/26/fela-kuti-stage-show

http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/theatreblog/2010/oct/27/fela-kuti-national-theatre-london
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Justcash(m): 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2010
This is the problem with Nigeria.
Ezeuche said that he was sorry for all the tribal bashing he embarked on in the past. Instead of Peeps like Elrazur, Aigbofa(Igbo bashing 2IC)  and co to repent too, they want him to run naked in the street before they'll accept that he intends to change. Simply doing the same thing that Ezeuche did would have made Nairaland a less tribal bashing online community. The way they are taunting Ezeuche and asking him to lick their buttocks, The born-again Ezeuche will soon become born-against once more .
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Justcash:

Ezeuche said that he was sorry for all the tribal bashing he embarked on in the past. Instead of Peeps like Elrazur, Aigbofa(Igbo bashing 2IC)  and co to repent too, they want him to run unclothed in the street before they'll accept that he intends to change. Simply doing the same thing that Ezeuche did would have made Nairaland a less tribal bashing online community. The way they are taunting Ezeuche and asking him to lick their buttocks, The born-again Ezeuche will soon become born-against once more .

True lol.

But if you know how many times EzeUche has become born again ehn. . . .I pray he remains born again. OnlyTruth is next lipsrsealed
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
Justcash:

Ezeuche said that he was sorry for all the tribal bashing he embarked on in the past. Instead of Peeps like Elrazur, Aigbofa(Igbo bashing 2IC)  and co to repent too, they want him to run unclothed in the street before they'll accept that he intends to change. Simply doing the same thing that Ezeuche did would have made Nairaland a less tribal bashing online community.[b] The way they are taunting Ezeuche and asking him to lick their buttocks
, The born-again Ezeuche will soon become born-against once more .[/b]

This will never happen. May they swallow knives. Igbo can never bow down. They should take their time.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by ElRazur: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
Justcash:

Ezeuche said that he was sorry for all the tribal bashing he embarked on in the past. Instead of Peeps like Elrazur, Aigbofa(Igbo bashing 2IC)  and co to repent too, they want him to run unclothed in the street before they'll accept that he intends to change. Simply doing the same thing that Ezeuche did would have made Nairaland a less tribal bashing online community. The way they are taunting Ezeuche and asking him to lick their buttocks, The born-again Ezeuche will soon become born-against once more .

It is weird that you are not grasping the point at hand.

He wasn't apologizing in his first post, on top of that he still showed he's got misplaced anger.

For fucckkk sake, this is some who was reported that just as of yesterday he was there showing his hatred for other tribe, and now he's turned a saint over night? I don't know about you and others, but I do not buy such things.

Also, why the "love" he is now showing to other tribes? Gosh, pardon me if I am a little bit suspicious. Old habits never die and I am still sceptical.

Even when I challenged him, his explanations are nothing but denial and trying to wriggle out of it, abeg as my people say apologies my bolokus.

Born again ko, born wuru wuru ni.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True lol.

But if you know how many times EzeUche has become born again ehn. . . .I pray he remains born again. OnlyTruth is next lipsrsealed

There's nothing wrong with Onlytruth. Is it because he's Igbo? You think this is now convert Igbo day or something?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
I do not care what some of you think. Actions speak louder than words. However, I will not stop in my defense of my people when attacked. That is something I cannot do.

I said I am sorry for some of my past statements concerning other ethnic groups. I should not have painted in broad strokes. If you don't believe me or accept my apology, you can jump off a cliff for all I care. I am not hear to please anyone.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

There's nothing wrong with Onlytruth. Is it because he's Igbo? You think this is now convert Igbo day or something?

And Akin-Egba is next after that  wink
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True lol.

YES OOO!!!!!!!! grin

chyz:

no, its not because he is igbo. we have to stop these tribalist and develop the country together wink

ElRazur:

It is weird that you are not grasping the point at hand.

He wasn't apologizing in his first post, on top of that he still showed he's got misplaced anger.

For fucckkk sake, this is some who was reported that just as of yesterday he was there showing his hatred for other tribe, and now he's turned a saint over night? I don't know about you and others, but I do not buy such things.

Also, why the "love" he is now showing to other tribes? Gosh, pardon me if I am a little bit suspicious. Old habits never die and I am still sceptical.

Even when I challenged him, his explanations are nothing but denial and trying to wriggle out of it, abeg as my people say apologies my bolokus.

Born again ko, born wuru wuru ni.

oh boy, if he has changed then what is your problem? why don't you change with your tribalism! angry
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

Ezeuche thanks for posting this very uplifting post.  Knowledge is essential to the evolution of mankind, i have always loved Fela and his message, just like Carlos Moore i too was electrified by Fela's music when i first heard it many years ago.  To date there has never been any african artiste greater than Fela and going by the current crop of fake talentless imbeciles masquerading as musicians on the nigerian music scene it will be a long time before another star with the same originality, genius and outstanding talent as Fela will arise, even his sons Femi and Seun whom i love and respect can not hold a candle to Fela's gargantuan genius.  

What i find really tragic though is that Fela seems to be revered and respected more by foreigners rather than his own people, this is the problem we will continue to have as a people, Fela used his music to enlighten and educate the nigerian masses about the tyranny that we remain under to date.  In one of his songs "look and laugh" he got to a point where he was so disillusioned with the nigerian masses and our unwillingness to change our situation that he became resigned to the situation himself.    Even when soldiers stormed his  house killing and maiming innocent people, noone stood up to protest  against such a heinous act, if such a thing had occurred in a latin american country or even south africa the people would have risen up to challenge the brutality of this action but instead what we got was cowed silence from a population of over 150 million people, a people who have the nerve to describe nigeria as the giant of africa without even a hint of irony!!!

Fela was one of the greatest things that ever happened to nigeria and he will go down in history as one of our greatest heroes, i am so grateful for people like Carlos Moore who recognised the genius of this man and took it upon themselves to place the need for truth, honesty and justice above  personal gain.   You can see that even a co opted member of the nigerian establishment - the inspector general of police at the time had to respect Carlos Moore for his principled conduct, how many nigerian journalists would opt for truth and justice over personal gain?

I am really looking forward to reading this book and i shall be trawling amazon to see if i can find it, again thanks for this Ezeuche.

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by ElRazur: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

I do not care what some of you think. Actions speak louder than words. However, I will not stop in my defense of my people when attacked. That is something I cannot do.

I said I am sorry for some of my past statements concerning other ethnic groups. I should not have painted in broad strokes. If you don't believe me or accept my apology, you can jump off a cliff for all I care. I am not hear to please anyone.

And this is the comment of someone who is apparently born again?

This is the comment from someone who is supposed to be apologizing for the tribal hatred he posted across forum?

Smh at those who believe you all along.

Jason12345,

You are a joke.  I do not engage in tribalism as I see beyond where people come from. I suppose you are just looking for something to say.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ Ezeuche
You have had these epiphanies in the past but still end up back to where you started. You just have to forgive your father's adversaries in the Nigerian Civil War.
That is the only act that would bring release and closure to you.
In any case you, as a very intelligent person, should be able to see that you are doing more damage to yourself with all this burning anger and resentment  than you would ever do to the objects of your hate.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

nice one brother!!! cheesy. nobody would ever say you should not defend your people. everyone does that, it is normal!!!!

NOW, ITS TIME TO UNITE YORUBA AND IGBO WITH ILEKE-IDI AS OUR BRIDE TO EZEUCHE. THIS IS A SHOW OF ALLIANCE TO THE NEW TREATY.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

IGBO KWENU!!!, YORUBA KWEZONUO!!! grin
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
So supporting Biafra is well and fine. But what happens when Biafra sends an army westward, promising to supposedly "liberate" your region from the rest of Nigeria?

This ultimately is something I can never support. If you want to secede, secede, by all means. But secede, and landgrab from me? Hell to the naw. Awolowo may be painted now as a ruthless demon, but he did what he had to do. And if certain people want to paint Yoruba as ruthless backstabbing demons, then so be it, it is a legacy I'll happily take. Just let it be known that if you try to send an army anywhere near our lands, we will do everything in our power to have it destroyed.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
ElRazur:

Jason12345,

You are a joke.  I do not engage in tribalism as I see beyond where people come from. I suppose you are just looking for something to say.

SHARRAP! grin cool

how can we bond if we do not accept people's sincerity and honesty!!! if he says he has changed why don't you allow him to change!!!!!!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

So supporting Biafra is well and fine. But what happens when Biafra sends an army westward, promising to supposedly "liberate" your region from the rest of Nigeria?

This ultimately is something I can never support. If you want to secede, secede, by all means. But secede, and landgrab from me? Hell to the naw. Awolowo may be painted now as a ruthless demon, but he did what he had to do. And if certain people want to paint Yoruba as ruthless backstabbing demons, then so be it, it is a legacy I'll happily take. Just let it be known that if you try to send an army anywhere near our lands, we will do everything in our power to have it destroyed.
One Of The very Few Wise Men here
Kudos. People ezeuche does not even knows what SELF DEFENCE IS ALL ABOUT. You must not retaliate or repel even if DAGGER is being used to chased your whole Family without any reasonable reason
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
seanet02:

One Of The very Few Wise Men here
Kudos. People ezeuche does not even knows what SELF DEFENCE IS ALL ABOUT. You must not retaliate or repel even if DAGGER is being used to chased your whole Family without any reasonable reason

And you're the one to talk?
My friend go and siddon jor.

@jason12345

sweetie edit, before bk.babe90 attacks wink
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

@ Ezeuche
You have had these epiphanies in the past but still end up back to where you started. You just have to forgive your father's adversaries in the Nigerian Civil War.
That is the only act that would bring release and closure to you.
In any case you, as a very intelligent person, should be able to see that you are doing more damage to yourself with all this burning anger and resentment  than you would ever do to the objects of your hate.

There is a lot of wisdom in your words. My father has actually moved on from those terrible times. Growing up, I did not hear much about the Yoruba or encountered them much. The few things I would hear is that Awolowo was an evil man, and that the Yoruba elite betrayed the Ndi Igbo. On the other hand, Fela was widely praised and when I got older, Wole Soyinka was discussed as well.

I do not hold a grudge with any people. At first, I was taken aback by the vitrol directed at the Ndi Igbo. I came across NL, because of a Igbo bashing thread. I did not know that SOME Yorubas held that view and it made me angry. The Yorubas I met in the U.S. has always treated me like kin. That is why I was surprised by NL.

Then the advent of Bk.babe caused a lot of Igbos such as myself to get very angry. In response to him and other tribal chieftains, we all became POLARIZED. Before, Igbos in NL would only discuss Biafra and how we wanted to break out of this union. Then tribalism reared its ugly head.

It is time to tone down the rhetoric.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by slap1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ileke well done, lol. Will you please extend this balm to Bk/babe . . . ?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

I guess when you and your forbearers were bending backward to make Gowon and northern Nigeria soldiers comfortable by supplying porters and women from your stock while they sat in Lagos sending vandals to attack eastern Nigeria, offensive strategy of any sort is best defense.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

NOW, ITS TIME TO UNITE YORUBA AND IGBO WITH ILEKE-IDI AS OUR BRIDE TO EZEUCHE. THIS IS A SHOW OF ALLIANCE TO THE NEW TREATY.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I support this motion.  cool

What is her bride price?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

There is a lot of wisdom in your words. My father has actually moved on from those terrible times. Growing up, I did not hear much about the Yoruba or encountered them much. The few things I would hear is that Awolowo was an evil man, and that the Yoruba elite betrayed the Ndi Igbo. On the other hand, Fela was widely praised and when I got older, Wole Soyinka was discussed as well.

I do not hold a grudge with any people. At first, I was taken aback by the vitrol directed at the Ndi Igbo. I came across NL, because of a Igbo bashing thread. I did not know that SOME Yorubas held that view and it made me angry. The Yorubas I met in the U.S. has always treated me like kin. That is why I was surprised by NL.

Then the advent of Bk.babe caused a lot of Igbos such as myself to get very angry. In response to him and other tribal chieftains, we all became POLARIZED. Before, Igbos in NL would only discuss Biafra and how we wanted to break out of this union. Then tribalism reared its ugly head.

It is time to tone down the rhetoric.

I hope you are not being delusional with this inconsequential Fela stuff? Fela did absolutely nothing in support of Biafra. He was in London enjoying himself out of Nigeria’s coffer.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

See, think about how foolish this sounds, on the face of it. The Yoruba elite are responsible for the Yoruba, not the Igbo. It is like complaining that your uncle is looking after the interests of his kids before he looks after you! Why is it your uncle's responsibility to pay for your college education before that of his own kids? Makes absolutely no sense; when did the Yoruba elite become the daddy of the Igbo?

Regarding Awo, yes, from the perspective of the Igbo and the suffering they endured, he certainly can be viewed as an evil man. War is a nasty, ugly thing. And in Africa, it is no holds barred, genocide, starvation, rape, etc are all valid weapons in such wars here. But just because Awo had no qualms in using those weapons doesn't make him an evil man. If you and I get into a fight, and it is a fight to the death, I'll use ANY weapon at my disposal to win. I will gouge out your eyes if necessary, I will break a bottle and use that as a weapon. You don't get style points in life-or-death struggles, the only thing that matters is who wins.

I'd rather have a leader like Awolowo who will do ANYTHING to win rather than some pompous jackass who abides by some foolish, medieval code of chivalry that increases the chances of defeat. War simply is brutal and should be avoided if possible. But if you start a war, then you should do anything you can to win it, especially as the consequences for losing wars in Africa are so brutal.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by kildran: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
I really don't care about Fela or Biafra, as far as I know they are both dead. Let the dead bury the dead.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Basseti: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Its either u have ur history twisted all up in knots or maybe u are just being disingenuous.

Dede1:

I guess when you and your forbearers were bending backward to make Gowon and northern Nigeria soldiers comfortable by supplying porters and women from your stock while they sat in Lagos sending vandals to attack eastern Nigeria, offensive strategy of any sort is best defense.  

This has been recycled again and again. Aint we tired of all this divisive rhetorics?  
About time to move on and try to deal with contemporary situations and issues.

One thing I have learnt over the years is this: There are no permanent enemies, just permanent issues.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by kildran: 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
@Dapobear
You are really funny, trying to apologize. What exactly are you apologizing for? All is fair in love and war.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2010
Dede1:

I'm not sure what choice we had. We Yoruba didn't have an army then. Hell, we still don't have one now. Until we have an army of some sort, we are somewhat constrained in what actions we can take. BTW, don't get me wrong, I don't like any of these armies (British, "Nigerian" (i.e., Hausa), or Igbo) armies who have tried to invade my lands. Even the loss of Ilorin, an event that happened 100s of years ago, still pains me.

The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to think that change will not come until we somehow DO obtain an army.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

/ Breaking News:buhari Supporters On Rampage; Killings Going On In Jos And Benue / N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.