Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Fela Supported Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Supported Biafra (12442 Views)

Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley / President Of France Charles Degaulle Supported Biafra Remarks He Made At A Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by aljharem(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Kwara is unfinished business. It might be 50 years from now when we regain it, it might be 5000 years. But so long as the Yoruba live, we will never forget the loss of that region. And Western Kogi has always been Yoruba.

we took kwara, fair and square angry angry

what unfinished business angry angry angry angry
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Kwara is unfinished business. It might be 50 years from now when we regain it, it might be 5000 years. But so long as the Yoruba live, we will never forget the loss of that region. And Western Kogi has always been Yoruba.
Dapo, we have never lost Kwara, How come Northerners are Saying Saraki does no understand HAUSA?
When the time come, we will take it back.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
alj harem:

what unfinished business angry angry angry angry

you did not take kwara, we borrowed you and we would take it back!!! grin grin grin
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
alj harem:

what unfinished business  angry angry angry angry
Shut up.

Day after day , your useless illiterate northerner leaders are realizing how powerless they are.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

If we go by that thinking, than Igboland is much larger than the map I uploaded portrays!  shocked

Now let me give you a what-if scenario. If Lagos becomes 80% Igbo, would that make it Igboland. By that line of thinking of yours, that would mean it is part of Alaigbo.  grin

So in theory, it might. But you can only claim what you can hold, by force if necessary. And given that Lagos is surrounded by Yoruba states, it seems fairly unlikely it can be held by non-Yoruba, even if the demographics changed in that way. Who knows though, if the population of the state were 80% Igbo, and the United Nations ballpark estimate of 15-20 mil were accurate, then perhaps you'd be able to hold it. That would be easily north of 10 million Igbo in a very small region. The language of the state would change from Yoruba to Igbo, the political officers would become Igbo, etc.

So yeah, I think if you could get to 80%, it could in theory become Igboland.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

you did not take kwara, we borrowed you and we would take it back!!! grin grin grin
Yes and very near
Ileke-IdI:

Shut up.

Day after day , your useless illiterate northerner leaders are realizing how powerless they are.
grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

Yes they are, most of them see themselves as igbo.They are very clannish though.There is nothing that will stop them from going with other Igbos. They make up Ohanaeze as well and and Ikwere son is Vice President of Ohanaeze. You should read about who the who Ikwerre thing came about. They were force forced by the nigerian government(although many of them didnt abide) to drop their "Igbo" ethnic title and stick to their "Ikwerre"clan title and also make that their new ethnic title. Nigerian government told them if they refused that they will not accept them into the federal side and instead regard them as Biafrans and not give them any types of regards and also they would killed them and give the rest of their land to the Ijaws.

Heh, I see. Hrm, I was in PH for one month visiting some family, is that city Igbo? The language they spoke sounded different to me.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by KnowAll(m): 8:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
Let us not forget that Biafra was a multi-ethnic country. A named coined by an Ijaw man. Igbos, Ogoni, Ijaw, Ibibio, Ekoi all fought on behalf of Biafra. We all know Ojukwu's second in command was not an Igbo man. Two of my mother's brothers fought on behalf of Biafra and they are Ibibio. They saw intense fighting in the state that now known as Cross River.

All Biafra wants is the land East of the River Niger and the Anioma Igbo of the former midwest region.

Why are the Igbos seeking the Presidency in 2015 when one of their sons is at the helms of affair now, rather than manke use of this Eastern Messiah at hand, some Igbo's are living in a delusional quagmire. This gentleman has giving you the first Cheif of Army Staff in 44 year,  plan to upgrade Enugu Airport to international standard, proclaimed an edict to the contrators handling all Federal roads in the SE to complete the jobs at hand, if I were an Igbo, I shall deal and negotiate with Jonathan now,  than wait 20 , 25 or mayber 50 years time when we would probably have a true Igbo man as President.

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Heh, I see. Hrm, I was in PH for one month visiting some family, is that city Igbo? The language they spoke sounded different to me.

I grew up in Port Harcourt. Igbo is the most widely spoken language in that city. Plus Port Harcourt's original name was Igwe Ocha. Frankly, the entire East speaks Igbo. Ijaw communities converse in Igbo, Ibibio and also other groups.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2010
As much as we claim these Northerners are illiterate dogs, they are the ones running the show, not us. They own the army, the police, etc. So if they are illiterate dogs, what are we?

So let us never underestimate them. Underestimating your enemy is a recipe for disaster,
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
EzeUche0:

I grew up in Port Harcourt. Igbo is the most widely spoken language in that city. Plus Port Harcourt's original name was Igwe Ocha. Frankly, the entire East speaks Igbo. Ijaw communities converse in Igbo, Ibibio and also other groups.

I see. I don't speak Igbo, but really like listening to Igbo songs and thought I had an ear for the language, maybe I was wrong.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Yep it is definitely Igbo.However it is something like lagos,alot of non-Igbos live there as well. Maybe the language you heard wasn't Ikwerre it could have been Ijaw.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2010
Why are ppl still moving to Lagos in huge numbers, why not PH.
The city is too overcrowded. What is in Lagos? I can never wrap my fingers around it.

DapoBear:

As much as we claim these Northerners are illiterate dogs, they are the ones running the show, not us. They own the army, the police, etc. So if they are illiterate dogs, what are we?

So let us never underestimate them. Underestimating your enemy is a recipe for disaster,
Like I said, day by day, they're losing their grip.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

GBAM!!!!!! FOREVER!!!

dapobear, i like the way you think!!! if in anycase nigeria splits into 3 regions we must not go without the whole of kwara and parts of kogi!
secondly, i would go home and develop our new found republic. i think the first thing we need to do is electricity. cheesy

i know the igbos to would advance because it would be viewed as a healthy competition.

chyz:

Yep it is definitely Igbo.However it is something like lagos,alot of non-Igbos live there as well. Maybe the language you heard wasn't Ikwerre it could have been Ijaw.

my friend here said she is not igbo. i was even telling her about how most nigerians especially yorubas generally refer to anybody in the east as igbo. she started denying it and etc.

the point is i dont think they actually see themselves as igbo undecided what do you think? pls, its not to spite you smiley
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

GBAM!!!!!! FOREVER!!!

dapobear, i like the way you think!!! if in anycase nigeria splits into 3 regions we must not go without the whole of kwara and parts of kogi!
secondly, i would go home and develop our new found republic. i think the first thing we need to do is electricity. cheesy
Exactly. Electricity has to be the first priority, as far as economy goes. If you do that, the rest will follow. It means you can then actually take advantage of the lower cost of labor in Africa. This is why I have so much hope for an Odua Republic,

i know the igbos to would advance because it would be viewed as a healthy competition.
Indeed. This is the way I feel about Igbo people. You need people to keep you on your toes. And by and large, I view their competition as nothing but good for our people, iron sharpens iron, as they say.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

my friend here said she is not igbo. i was even telling her about how most nigerians especially yorubas generally refer to anybody in the east as igbo. she started denying it and etc.

the point is i dont think they actually see themselves as igbo undecided what do you think? pls, its not to spite you smiley

Everybody from the East is not igbo, where is she from?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

Everybody from the East is not igbo, where is she from?

she told me she is from calabar
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

she told me she is from calabar

They are not Igbo. They are Ibibio.This is like the time we had a discussion of Donald Duke being Ibibio and not Igbo.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Exactly. Electricity has to be the first priority, as far as economy goes. If you do that, the rest will follow. It means you can then actually take advantage of the lower cost of labor in Africa. This is why I have so much hope for an Odua Republic,
Indeed. This is the way I feel about Igbo people. You need people to keep you on your toes. And by and large, I view their competition as nothing but good for our people, iron sharpens iron, as they say.

dapobear, i know alot of rich yoruba and itsekiri men in uk that said they would invest in odua nation!!! i think if there is odua and biafra,wow shocked it would be mad. and you are right iron sharpens iron. but the problem is our economies are not big enough to make an impact> pls don't use western countries to prove me wrong because i don't think a white man would want to see a small african nation suppass his!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

They are not Igbo. They are Ibibio.This is like the time we had a discussion of Donald Duke being Ibibio and not Igbo.

okay, i get it. but why don't you unite with them and see each other as one undecided
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

okay, i get it. but why don't you unite with them and see each other as one undecided

Even the Ibibio are not united. lol

The Ibibio should include the Efik and Annang as ONE GROUP, because the share the same heritage, culture, and language but because of clan rivalry, they see themselves as separate groups.

I can understand Efik and Annang quite easily.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
It looks like either someone just got banned or their post was deleted by an admin.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

O we Igbos and Ibibios are brothers we know that and we are already united. However, Because of the war the Ibibioshave a unity problem amongst themselves.Nigeria did the same thing they did with the Igbos to them i.e. the ikwere, delta-igbo problems. The government separated the Efik,Annag, Ekoi,Oro from the Ibibio mother-group and caused strife.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
jason12345:

dapobear, i know alot of rich yoruba and itsekiri men in uk that said they would invest in odua nation!!! i think if there is odua and biafra,wow shocked it would be mad. and you are right iron sharpens iron. but the problem is our economies are not big enough to make an impact> pls don't use western countries to prove me wrong because i don't think a white man would want to see a small african nation suppass his!!!

Make a long post earlier that somehow didn't show up. In any case, I'm not worried about "small african nation" as an issue. Empty size is useless. What we want is high per capita production, not just a country with lots of people who don't produce very much.

Yorubaland will be more than fine as a country, it has everything needed to have a successful state. And we also have a good amount of offshore oil too, for what it's worth.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jason12345: 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
chyz:

O we Igbos and Ibibios are brothers we know that and we are already united. However, Because of the war the Ibibioshave a unity problem amongst themselves.Nigeria did the same thing they did with the Igbos to them i.e. the ikwere, delta-igbo problems. The government separated the Efik,Annag, Ekoi,Oro from the Ibibio mother-group and caused strife.

its good to know you are united!! smiley smiley smiley wink

i guess that was just one individual out of many!! cheesy
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by ARROBA(m): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Quote from: DapoBear on Today at 06:12:38 PM
So supporting Biafra is well and fine. But what happens when Biafra sends an army westward, promising to supposedly "liberate" your region from the rest of Nigeria?

This ultimately is something I can never support. If you want to secede, secede, by all means. But secede, and landgrab from me? Hell to the naw. Awolowo may be painted now as a ruthless demon, but he did what he had to do. And if certain people want to paint Yoruba as ruthless backstabbing demons, then so be it, it is a legacy I'll happily take. Just let it be known that if you try to send an army anywhere near our lands, we will do everything in our power to have it destroyed.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE] From Dede1
I guess when you and your forbearers were bending backward to make Gowon and northern Nigeria soldiers comfortable by supplying porters and women from your stock while they sat in Lagos sending vandals to attack eastern Nigeria, offensive strategy of any sort is best defense.   

Seconded
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 10:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
i thought this thread was supposed to be about Fela - why has it derailed

There is no point hoping for the progress of nigeria as one entity because it will never happen, nigeria was set up to fail by the british, they put their houseboys the hausa fulani oligarchy in charge and they are still calling the shots, the only way out of this mess is for the nation to split up along ethnic lines, but that cannot happen without war, the igbos tried it and were massacred - there is no solution in sight other than stay together and continue under the heel of hausa fulani domination or break up and war - those are the only options on the table as far as i can see.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Make a long post earlier that somehow didn't show up. In any case, I'm not worried about "small african nation" as an issue. Empty size is useless. What we want is high per capita production, not just a country with lots of people who don't produce very much.
Yorubaland will be more than fine as a country, it has everything needed to have a successful state. And we also have a good amount of offshore oil too, for what it's worth.
Somehow I don't quite buy this idea that you just want a great mini nation. Really who cares about such delusional utopia at the end of the day?
After all there are  many developed countries to live in in today's highly globalised society if you are really just so bothered about that.
Is that just a mask you have for the kind of maniacal hatred you have been spewing on this thread?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

There is no point hoping for the progress of nigeria as one entity because it will never happen, nigeria was set up to fail by the british, they put their houseboys the hausa fulani oligarchy in charge and they are still calling the shots, the only way out of this mess is for the nation to split up along ethnic lines, but that cannot happen without war, the igbos tried it and were massacred - there is no solution in sight other than stay together and continue under the heel of hausa fulani domination or break up and war - those are the only options on the table as far as i can see.

Gbam!

I am quite impressed with you o wise sage!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

I was hoping that you would not derail this thread with your maniacal conspiracy theories. However Nigeria is already progressing being a recognized emerging market economy and having one of the world's fastest growing economies.
Even if it is not progressing, for the sake of argument, how does that affect you personally? After all there are so many countries to live in that are already fully developed if you are thus minded.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

Somehow I don't quite buy this idea that you just want a great mini nation. Really who cares about such delusional utopia at the end of the day. After all there are  many developed countries to live in in today's highly globalised society if you are really just so bothered about that.
Is that just a mask you have for the kind of maniacal hatred you have been spewing on this thread?

I don't give a damn about these other developed countries, I want one for my people, the Yoruba. They are to whom my loyalty lies, and who I want to see succeeding.

cap28:

You are probably right. But I'm hoping that there is a way to break up the country without war.
tensor777:

I was hoping that you would not derail this thread with your maniacal conspiracy theories. However Nigeria is already progressing being a recognized emerging market economy and having one of the world's fastest growing economies.
Even if it is not progressing, for the sake of argument, how does that affect you personally? After all there are so many countries to live in that are already fully developed if you are thus minded.
Lol, nonsense posted by another guy with his head in the clouds. "Emerging market economy", "fastest growing economies",  whose belly does those empty words fill? Get that garbage out of here, the country is a disaster. 20 years ago no light in the country, same today. 20 years ago, no progress, same today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking News:buhari Supporters On Rampage; Killings Going On In Jos And Benue / N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors / Governor Ugwuanyi Receives PDP Governors In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.