Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,464 members, 7,836,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Fela Supported Biafra - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Supported Biafra (12443 Views)

Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley / President Of France Charles Degaulle Supported Biafra Remarks He Made At A Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

I was hoping that you would not derail this thread with your maniacal conspiracy theories. However Nigeria is already progressing being a recognized emerging market economy and having one of the world's fastest growing economies.
Even if it is not progressing, for the sake of argument, how does that affect you personally? After all there are so many countries to live in that are already fully developed if you are thus minded.

are you insane angry angry angry angry
which maniacal conspiracy theories
are you so dumb that you cant see nigeria is in a downward spiral, are you so delusional that you cant see that we have been in a downward economic spiral since the early 70s, are you aware that  nigeria's kleptocrats squandered THREE HUNDRED BILLION USD from nigeria's treasury IN LESS THAN 3 DECADES ?? IS THAT YOUR IDEA OF PROGRESS

My only criticism of Fela is that the people he died for were not worth the trouble, 13 years after his death we are still in the same shi.t state that we have been in and yet there are some dummies still delusional enough to think that things will actually get better with these kleptocrats in charge, words fail me here honestly
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

are you insane angry angry angry angry
which maniacal conspiracy theories
are you so dumb that you cant see nigeria is in a downward spiral, are you so delusional that you cant see that we have been in a downward economic spiral since the early 70s, are you aware that  nigeria's kleptocrats squandered THREE HUNDRED BILLION USD from nigeria's treasury IN LESS THAN 3 DECADES ?? IS THAT YOUR IDEA OF PROGRESS

My only criticism of Fela is that the people he died for were not worth the trouble, 13 years after his death we are still in the same shi.t state that we have been in and yet there are some dummies still delusional enough to think that things will actually get better with these kleptocrats in charge, words fail me here honestly
But it is a mark of insanity to keep up with these one size fits all conspiracy theories especially as in this case Nigeria has had 50 years of independence and is a recognized, respected player on the world stage.
As for your figures again you are talking nonsense. After all the current federal budget is just $30 billion with $5 billion for capital development. So how did you  come about the $10 billion per annum figure?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

I don't give a damn about these other developed countries, I want one for my people, the Yoruba. They are to whom my loyalty lies, and who I want to see succeeding.
You are probably right. But I'm hoping that there is a way to break up the country without war.Lol, nonsense posted by another guy with his head in the clouds. "Emerging market economy", "fastest growing economies",  whose belly does those empty words fill? Get that garbage out of here, the country is a disaster. 20 years ago no light in the country, same today. 20 years ago, no progress, same today.
Then YOU have a real problem because Nigerian towns are already multicultural and multi-ethnic. The idea that you can be a Nigerian Adolf Hitler out to create an utopia for your ethnic language people is just delusional.
However you can stay in California if you are truly just bothered about living without fully integrated infrastructure.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

I don't give a damn about these other developed countries, I want one for my people, the Yoruba. They are to whom my loyalty lies, and who I want to see succeeding.
You are probably right. But I'm hoping that there is a way to break up the country without war.Lol, nonsense posted by another guy with his head in the clouds. "Emerging market economy", "fastest growing economies",  whose belly does those empty words fill? Get that garbage out of here, the country is a disaster. 20 years ago no light in the country, same today. 20 years ago, no progress, same today.

can you imagine this tensor777!!!!!
this is why we will continue to suffer, if we want freedom we have to fight for it, as i have said in the past no people become free through prayer, every nation that is free today fought for it, why didnt the russians get down on their knees and pray for freedom when the nazis started annexing their territory, why didnt the vietnamese sit down and pray for freedom when the americans started bombing vietnamese men women and children with napalm and white phosphorous.

emerging economies my arse - emerging for whom, who are the beneficiaries of the capitalist free market model - africans or europeans??
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

this is why we will continue to suffer, if we want freedom we have to fight for it, as i have said in the past no people become free through prayer, every nation that is free today fought for it, why didnt the russians get down on their knees and pray for freedom when the nazis started annexing their territory, why didnt the vietnamese sit down and pray for freedom when the americans started bombing vietnamese men women and children with napalm and white phosphorous.
emerging economies my arse - emerging for whom, who are the beneficiaries of the capitalist free market model - africans or europeans??
And what physical military adversary does Nigeria face? I am not aware that a state of war exists in Nigeria?
However the weapons of our(children of God) warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge God.
In that wise Nigeria has been lucky to have very great men of God like Adeboye Idahosa and Olukoya whose prayers have pulled down evil strongholds and transformed  lives.,
That is certainly not the case for the likes of Fela who has always been associated with negativism and pessimism. embarassed sad
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

But it is a mark of insanity to keep up with these one size fits all conspiracy theories especially as in this case Nigeria has had 50 years of independence and is a recognized, respected player on the world stage.
As for your figures again you are talking nonsense. After all the current federal budget is just $30 billion with $5 billion for capital development. So how did you  come about the $10 billion per annum figure?

Your naivite is beyond embarrassing!!!!
Nigeria is a recognised respected player according to who are you blind??

Nigeria is a laughing stock, if you dont know, who respects Nigeria, the west just use us as a source of cheap oil, nothing has changed since the days of colonialism, we provide them with cheap raw materials and they dump their cheap manufactured goods on our vast populace.  

Why has nigeria not thought about developing its own manufacturing industry, isnt it about time we learned to manufacture our own products instead of relying on foreign imports, isnt that how every industrialised nation operates.  What happens when the oil gravy train runs out?  what contingency plans do we have in place?

I tell you just like the Titanic , nigeria will capsize and sink without a trace along with these kleptocrats - like i said if we want to progress the nation has to split along ethnic lines, if we dont have the guts to fight for freedom then we should knuckle down and continue living under the heel of the hausa fulani oligarchy, its not that complicated
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 10:50pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

Tensor is a just a weird sort of dude. He is a Nigerian who hasn't been to Nigeria, somehow doesn't listen to what his parents or Nigerian friends tell him. Hrm, or maybe he is just the children of billionaires. So all of this "emerging market" hooey is actually real for him, lol.  grin

Either he has never seen poverty or suffering in Nigeria, or closes his eyes whenever he comes across it. "Emerging free market", lol.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

Your naivite is beyond embarrassing!!!!
Nigeria is a recognised respected player according to who are you blind??
And what economic model do you propose that would enable Nigeria to be "developed" if that matters at the end of the day.
Communism? No way because even if you are soft on Castro you should be able to see that it is a moribund, hopelessly inefficient way of organizing an economy.
So yes, the free market system is here to stay which implies free trade and foreign direct investment and certainly not protectionism or government run enterprises.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 06, 2010
DapoBear:

Tensor is a just a weird sort of dude. He is a Nigerian who hasn't been to Nigeria, somehow doesn't listen to what his parents or Nigerian friends tell him. Hrm, or maybe he is just the children of billionaires. So all of this "emerging market" hooey is actually real for him, lol. grin
Either he has never seen poverty or suffering in Nigeria, or closes his eyes whenever he comes across it. "Emerging free market", lol.
You are not consistent. You have made very silly statements about the starvation of kids in the Nigerian civil war, a policy which even Gowon the then head of state opposed and tried to counter, and yet you are saying you are so concerned that people are "suffering" that you want to come to their rescue. What are you on about?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by vangogh: 11:11pm On Nov 06, 2010
Fela was a great man without a shadow of doubt. His music speaks of injustice meted out to Nigerians by military dictators.
There is no doubt Fela would support Biafra's cause given the disposition of Fela to injustice.

If I were in the same shoes as Easterners in the North during the unfortunate events of 60s when blood-thirsty Hausas were
going on killing spree, I probably would support Biafra.
Nobody wants to his people being slaughtered without wanting to retaliate.

Having said that, Okujwu committed some serious blunders; notably, lack of preparation and underestimating the strength of the Nigerian army.
He was ill-prepared for the war itself and the likely fall-out from war. War is hell, and it should  be eschewed at all costs.

Also, invading the Mid-West and West was the biggest blunder committed by Ojukwu because that was what pitied the Mid-West and West against Biafra.  Prior to the invasion of MW, the SW and MW were neutral parties to the war. The fallout from that invasion is what we read mostly on NL
Igbos may blame Awolowo for his war strategy, the fact is that Ojukwu wasn't making a social call when he invaded SW.

For those who say Ojukwu was trying to liberate Yoruba, how logical does that sound? Biafra was under serious invasion from the East , in fact, some Eastern cities had already fallen during the first month of the war.  Given the fact Biafra house was already on fire, what sense would it make for Ojukwu to abandon his own house  (Biafra) that was on fire and attempt to rescue the MW and SW that were not on fire?

Truth is the march westward by Biafra was a military strategy that backfired. It was an attempt to surprise the Nigerian army at its perceived weakest link.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

And what economic model do you propose that would enable Nigeria to be "developed" if that matters at the end of the day.
Communism? No way because even if you are soft on Castro you should be able to see that it is a moribund, hopelessly inefficient way of organizing an economy.
So yes, the free market system is here to stay which implies free trade and foreign direct investment and certainly not protectionism or government run enterprises.

we need an economic model which is reflective of our various cultures and communities, it doesnt necessarily have to be communism it has to be something which fits with us a people not an alien concept which condemns us to a life of penury.

the current so called free market model that we are now following has done nothign for us but serve the needs of nigeria's elite and the  imperialist western nations like britain and america.

you have been conditioned to beleive that the western free market model is the only model that can work, but you have never stopped to ask yourself who the winners are under this system, how can you even think that you can benefit from an economic model which dictates to you how much you should sell your natural resources, discourages you from becoming an industrialised economy, advises you to cut public spending, advises you to devalue your currency, encourages you to lay off millions of your people in employment, encourages you to cut spending on health and education of your people - is that the type of economic model that you think can ever be beneficial to nigeria and its people?  but those are all the conditions which nigeria agreed to sign up to when it decided to adopt this so called free market economic model that washington and london advised us to adopt during IBB's tenure in office.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2010
vangogh:

Fela was a great man without a shadow of doubt. His music speaks of injustice meted out to Nigerians by military dictators.
There is no doubt Fela would support Biafra's cause given the disposition of Fela to injustice.
Truth is the march westward by Biafra was a military strategy that backfired. It was an attempt to surprise the Nigerian army at its perceived weakest link.
There is no evidence that Fela actually supported Biafra. Although he was indeed notorious for his "whining lyrics" in the latter part of his life I have to be fair to him in this matter.
Ideologically he was more of a Pan-Africanist and would be unlikely to support a reactionary splitting of the Giant of Africa. He has never advocated for that and what's more at the time of the civil war and its aftermath he was very much a non-political pop musician.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2010
vangogh:

For those who say Ojukwu was trying to liberate Yoruba, how logical does that sound? Biafra was under serious invasion from the East , in fact, some Eastern cities had already fallen during the first month of the war.  Given the fact Biafra house was already on fire, what sense would it make for Ojukwu to abandon his own house  (Biafra) that was on fire and attempt to rescue the MW and SW that were not on fire?
Forget about so-called liberation South-Western Nigeria. That was never the main objective of Ojukwu in any case as did not have sufficient forces at his disposal to occupy and police Western Nigeria.
It was simply a means by which he could get at Dodan Barracks and threaten Gowon's grip on power. However he never had the resources to accomplish this objective especially considering the time of year[rainy season] and the sheer lack of operational mobility.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by redsun(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
Fela represents fairness,his supporting Biafra would have been on the ground of injustices melted the Igbos and that does not mean he did not appreciate one fair nigeria.

Fela is an entity,he encompasses all that is right and he is bigger than a country or even a race,talk of local tribe
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

And what physical military adversary does Nigeria face? I am not aware that a state of war exists in Nigeria?
However the weapons of our(children of God) warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge God.
In that wise Nigeria has been lucky to have very great men of God like Adeboye Idahosa and Olukoya whose prayers have pulled down evil strongholds and transformed  lives.,
That is certainly not the case for the likes of Fela who has always been associated with negativism and pessimism. embarassed sad

The fact that bombs are not raining down on the heads of the igbo, yoruba and other southerners does not mean that we are not in a state of war with the hausa fulani oligarchy.    If you have been condemned to life as a second class citizen in your own country, are you not at war with your oppressor? ?

The real war we face in nigeria is actually a war between the hausa fulani oligarchs and some southern traitors who have been co opted into this kleptocracy versus the ordinary nigerian man on the street irrespective of ethnicity.  

Despite the fact that we are not yet hearing the sounds of RPG's, helicopter gunships and surface to air missiles does not mean that we are not at war.  

These so called great men of god you mentioned above will never stand up to be counted when the chips are down, they are very good at praying but not good at openly criticisng these tyrants in power in the way that Fela did, therefore im really not interested in listening to their prayers.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

The real war we face in nigeria is actually a war between the hausa fulani oligarchs and some southern traitors who have been co opted into this kleptocracy versus the ordinary nigerian man on the street irrespective of ethnicity. 
I have no idea what you are talking about there? Can you be more specific? Who are these oligarchs and kleptocrats? What are their objectives?
I want specific names, and a coherent account of their aims,  objectives, and modus operandi and not airy-fairy conspiracy theories.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by KnowAll(m): 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2010
Dapo, we have never lost Kwara, How come Northerners are Saying Saraki does no understand HAUSA?
When the time come, we will take it back.

Olusola Saraki is the arse licker, he is the one who can speak Huasa, hence why Kwara is still holding on to the apron of the North. The Younger Saraki's Bukola and his Sister would have smelt the coffee like the Jonah Jang's and Suswan's of these world ,  for their own good more than anything they should allied themselves with the Middle-belt politically and with the SW ethnically. They should be proud of their Yorubaness and there no reason why we Yoruba's cannot present them as a true Yoruba Candidates provided they past the loyalty test.

The far North has clearly without mincing words dis-owned Bukola Saraki, by saying he is not even considered let alone selected,  he should just embrace his natural heritage and leave his senile father to continue to wallow in his Malian mirage
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

There is no evidence that Fela actually supported Biafra. Although he was indeed notorious for his "whining lyrics" in the latter part of his life I have to be fair to him in this matter.
Ideologically he was more of a Pan-Africanist and would be unlikely to support a reactionary splitting of the Giant of Africa. He has never advocated for that and what's more at the time of the civil war and its aftermath he was very much a non-political pop musician.

I dont know what part of nigeria you are from but honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for describing Fela's lyrics as "whining" honestly.

Fela hated any form of oppression and injustice and this is what propelled him.  His awakening came during his brief sojourn in america where he was introduced to the ideology of the black panther movement and Malcolm X.  Please stop trying to trivialise this great man because he is actually one of the best things that ever happened to Nigeria.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

I dont know what part of nigeria you are from but honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for describing Fela's lyrics as "whining" honestly.
Well he did have a negative message, so yes I stand by that description even though he was quite talented.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
tensor777:

You are not consistent. You have made very silly statements about the starvation of kids in the Nigerian civil war, a policy which even Gowon the then head of state opposed and tried to counter, and yet you are saying you are so concerned that people are "suffering" that you want to come to their rescue. What are you on about?

I'm not saying the starvation of kids in the civil war was a good thing. I also don't like deaths in war, but they happen and are a necessary outcome.

Please try to think through things a bit further before you post, a lot of supposed inconsistencies can be resolved by just thinking a bit longer.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Katsumoto: 12:03am On Nov 07, 2010
vangogh:

If I were in the same shoes as Easterners in the North during the unfortunate events of 60s when blood-thirsty Hausas were
going on killing spree, I probably would support Biafra.
Nobody wants to his people being slaughtered without wanting to retaliate.

Having said that, Okujwu committed some serious blunders; notably, lack of preparation and underestimating the strength of the Nigerian army.
He was ill-prepared for the war itself and the likely fall-out from war. War is hell, and it should  be eschewed at all costs.

Also, invading the Mid-West and West was the biggest blunder committed by Ojukwu because that was what pitied the Mid-West and West against Biafra.  Prior to the invasion of MW, the SW and MW were neutral parties to the war. The fallout from that invasion is what we read mostly on NL
Igbos may blame Awolowo for his war strategy, the fact is that Ojukwu wasn't making a social call when he invaded SW.

Correct
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

I'm not saying the starvation of kids in the civil war was a good thing. I also don't like deaths in war, but they happen and are a necessary outcome.
Please try to think through things a bit further before you post, a lot of supposed inconsistencies can be resolved by just thinking a bit longer.
Well you have been the one talking about splitting and land-grabbing. You think that such actions won't lead to an all out military conflagration.?
So you should be able to see the link between your greedy, grasping coveteousness and the kiliing, violation of females, massacre, and genocide that would be the inevitable fall out of such a policy.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 12:15am On Nov 07, 2010
tensor777:

I have no idea what you are talking about there? Can you be more specific? Who are these oligarchs and kleptocrats? What are their objectives?
I want specific names, and a coherent account of their aims,  objectives, and modus operandi and not airy-fairy conspiracy theories.

I didnt expect you to have any idea of what i was talking about.  Only a nigerian completely removed from reality would openly admit that they are unaware that nigeria has been run by a group of northern oligarchs since 1960.

Perhaps some of these names might jog your foggy memory  - Gowon, Murtala Muhammed(although he was executed later for his pan africanist u turn)
IBB,

Buhari - who went as far as saying that the idea of an igbo man becoming president of nigeria would BE TOO MUCH FOR MOST NORTHERNERS TO STOMACH.

Yaradua - (1 & 2)

plus numerous retired generals and other hangers on and cronies on the hausa fulani oligarchy payroll.

You want a coherent account of thier aims objectives and modus operandi - well first of all these scum have two main aims and  objectives - the first one is  to line their pockets with stolen money from the nigerian treasury.

The second one is  to perpetuate themselves in power and they do this with the help of their friends in the west who supply them with state of the art weaponry  and military training.  This way they use fear to keep the populace in check.  

Their modus operandi is simple - they use violence, repression and brutality to deny generations of nigerians a decent standard of living, thereby condemning generation after generation of nigerians to  a life of misery and grinding poverty.  They are a plague and a scourge on our nation and until they are wiped out we will remain a nation of slaves.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2010
tensor777:

Well he did have a negative message, so yes I stand by that description even though he was quite talented.

For God's sake can you please stop with this your ridiculous talk, what was negative about Fela's message?

You really need to listen to yourself, here we have a man who actually martyred himself for his people and here you are talking about his "negative message" can you talk me through the negativity of his message please.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by KnowAll(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2010
[b]I think " Fela" as a phenomenon is above the trivial tribal bickerings of some SEasterners especially Igbo's,   the whole concept of Biafra is totally out of sync with Fela's pan-africanist movement, for anyone to think Fela can be so belittled to support an agitataion and proclamation based on greed and stubborness is a slight on the phenoenon known as " Fela".

I think some of us don't know when to draw the line by dragging the name of one of African's most celeberated pan -Africanist into a none issue, the whole Biafran agitation and conception is marred in greed, envy and out-right insubordination by some officer's who should know better.

I hope the culprit who is still alive who is assumed to have blown the whilstle for the pillaging and theft to commence in the land is a lot happier man today,  obvioulsy seeing his handiwork play to the gallary, his unprecedented  mutiny has  caused the nation enough pains in the last 40 years.

But does the absconding commander have any remouse hell no !!!, what and how about him inviting the chief Pillager of the nation to his backwaters and not only conferring on him an exclusive Igbo name but his unsavoury proclaimations that every Igbo's far and wide should support his candidacy this more than anything is the sorry state of Igboland in 2010.[/b]

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by DapoBear(m): 12:24am On Nov 07, 2010
tensor777:

Well you have been the one talking about splitting and land-grabbing. You think that such actions won't lead to an all out military conflagration.?
So you should be able to see the link between your greedy, grasping coveteousness and the kiliing, violation of females, massacre, and genocide that would be the inevitable fall out of such a policy.

I was condemning land-grabbing, not for it. Splitting won't necessarily lead to a war. I have no desire for any sort of warfare in Yorubaland, Awolowo rejected conflict in the land and I do the same. If we cannot achieve independence without great loss of life, then we shall delay it.

Only potential greed I have is Kwara, a territory that was historically owned by my people, a state that is primarily Yoruba. That I want them to join if/when Yorubaland secedes isn't really selfish, it isn't as if I'll force them to do it against their will, or something.

You seem to have badly misread some of my posts.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 07, 2010
cap28:

I didnt expect you to have any idea of what i was talking about.  Only a nigerian completely removed from reality would openly admit that they are unaware that nigeria has been run by a group of northern oligarchs since 1960.
generation after generation of nigerians to  a life of misery and grinding poverty.  They are a plague and a scourge on our nation and until they are wiped out we will remain a nation of slaves.  
You are such a funny guy. Murtala executed for his pan africanism -whatever that means- or in fact caught up in a counter coup by disgruntled elements in the military stll loyal to Gowon.

So if not for people like Gowon or Babangida, Nigeria would have been the Japan of Africa? Don't make me laugh. Based on a mono-product economy having a budget of just $30 billion for a population of 100 million?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 12:32am On Nov 07, 2010
tensor777:

You are such a funny guy. Murtala executed for his pan africanism -whatever that means- or in fact caught up in a counter coup by disgruntled elements in the military stll loyal to Gowon.

So if not for peole like Gowon or Babangida, Nigeria would have been the Japan of Africa? Don't make me laugh. Based on a mono-product economy having a budget of just $30 billion for a population of 100 million?

If you do not know that murtala muhammed was executed for pan-africanism then your are a fool.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Katsumoto: 12:33am On Nov 07, 2010
tensor777:

Negative message!!! How so? Well not every one is meant to like Fela's songs and message but a majority do. He was an inspiration to many. Fela was the best.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 07, 2010
DapoBear:

I was condemning land-grabbing, not for it. Splitting won't necessarily lead to a war. I have no desire for any sort of warfare in Yorubaland, Awolowo rejected conflict in the land and I do the same. If we cannot achieve independence without great loss of life, then we shall delay it.
Only potential greed I have is Kwara, a territory that was historically owned by my people, a state that is primarily Yoruba. That I want them to join if/when Yorubaland secedes isn't really selfish, it isn't as if I'll force them to do it against their will, or something.
You seem to have badly misread some of my posts.
You simply have no idea what you're talking about which is no surprise as you didn't grow up in Nigeria. Do you know how seriously land issues are regarded in this part of the world? You think you can take over another person's land or deprive people of citizenship without being faced with massive military retaliation.
However I have to say that the kind of Nigeria  you are imagining no longer exists. That is the problem with these diasporan elements in that they are totally cut off from reality.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2010
chyz:

If you do not know that murtala muhammed was executed for pan-africanism then your are a fool.
And what exactly was his pan africanism? Is this something you know about or just recycled nonsense you read in the press?
That he "recognized" the MPLA faction after the departure of the Portuguese colonists from Angola in 1975?
Now you're implying that the poorly executed Dimka Coup coup 1976 was actually the handiwork of the Western Intelligence services?!!
You need to be more clever than that. embarassed embarassed
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2010
KnowAll:

[color=#000099][b]I think " Fela" as a phenomenon is above the trivial tribal bickerings of some SEasterners especially Igbo's,   the whole concept of Biafra is totally out of sync with Fela's pan-africanist movement, for anyone to think Fela can be so belittled to support an agitataion and proclamation based on greed and stubborness is a slight on the phenoenon known as " Fela".
I think some of us don't know when to draw the line by dragging the name of one of African's most celeberated pan -Africanist into a none issue, the whole Biafran agitation and conception is marred in greed, envy and out-right insubordination by some officer's who should know better.
I hope the culprit who is still alive who is assumed to have blown the whilstle for the pillaging and theft to commence in the land is a lot happier man today,  obvioulsy seeing his handiwork play to the gallary, his unprecedented  mutiny has  caused the nation enough pains in the last 40 years.
But does the absconding commander have any remouse hell no !!!, what and how about him inviting the chief Pillager of the nation to his backwaters and not only conferring on him an exclusive Igbo name but his unsavoury proclaimations that every Igbo's far and wide should support his candidacy this more than anything is the sorry state of Igboland in 2010.[/b]
Quite an insightful post I have to say. Even though I personally have never been one of Fela's fans I have to say he is unlikely to have supported Ojukwu's reactionary policies and programs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking News:buhari Supporters On Rampage; Killings Going On In Jos And Benue / N200m Donated To Victims Of Boko-Haram By APC Governors / Governor Ugwuanyi Receives PDP Governors In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.