Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? (41797 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Schools In Norway That Accepts A Second Class Lower Grade For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by DeUltimate7(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
third class graduate spotted.
No go sit down read keep on deceiving yourself with grace.
Olodo
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by harry2sexy(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2019
Nigeria as it is today is in shabbles. To the op, having that first class or 2.1 does not guarantee jobs anymore, look at it this way, those high paying companies, the highest they can employ a year is 50 applicants on merit basis. The remaining position will be filled up on man-know-man basis.

I understood this early and quickly joined pdp in my state so as to have affiliation to politicians who can link me up, don't blame me, even though I hate nepotism.

I'm not lazy though, have alot of hand skills and computer skills in my name, graduated with a 2.2 in engineering but any employer I apply to must be foolish not to interview me cos in
Autocad, I'm good
Auto mechanic, I'm good
Lathe machining, I'm good
Welding and fabrication, I'm good.

When I knew that my cgpa will not rise pass 3.4, I started hustling like a mad man. So, as a way of encouragement, look for skills relevant to your field cos that will help distinguish your CV when the time comes, because like it or not, the jobs you'll be applying for, they'll need someone to actually do the dirty work, while the first class guys seat in the office doing nothing
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by DeUltimate7(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2019
Mikeparlo12:
From 2.50 to 3.49 is graded as 2.2. So don’t feel discouraged if you have 2.2
mind you ,some schools is from 2.40 - 3.49
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2019
culf:

7yrs after graduation, I've not gone to collect my result. Funny right?
Yes o. I guess u your boss
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Mryacks: 11:16am On Oct 14, 2019
tunjijones:
Your grades doesn't have anything to do with your success. I came out with a third class. Didnt allow it to way me down. I developed myself and I am doing good now. I even see some of my mates that came out with better grades still wallowing in poverty.

Nice one...I like reading things like this instead of those "eye service" advice from some people who think this life is all about grades in school
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by zionmde: 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
spencekat:
CIPS-Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply?
SCM-Supply Chain Management?
Yes bro
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by tolijascro(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
I just dey look of all Una since yesterday...all of u badmouthing 2:2 as if it's that bad....what will you now say about 3rd class,pass and maybe certificate of attendance? I have a brother that had 3rd class in school and he's doing very fine now he's presently on a salary of 120k(work in a micro finance bank) the bitter truth is no matter what you graduated with you can never ever become a billionaire working under someone....na business sure pass

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ABSTRUSE: 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2019
Angelawhite:

You want to start learning ?

Yes pls
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AirstarKane(f): 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
zionmde:

It depends on ur field of study
Am into d supply chain field
Cips, SCM, CILT and so many other trainings
Can you suggest anyone for communication?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
Psalm2423:

Up to 8 hours daily. Don’t actually study for exam till exam. I usually don’t even see the point of exam. Some persons need to read over n over again before they can understand something. Like it took me 2 years to fully understand almost everything bout U.S and International tax law; but my school course has been a mystery since the last four years. Na God know as I take day escape with D.
Maybe you should consider studying at the start of the semester or even before. Studying few weeks to exam doesn't work for everybody. And also you might want to study different materials on the same course ,it helps you understand better unlike studying just one.
And also join a study group, the importance of this cannot be overemphasized. I presume you study on your own but study groups are very good at helping you understand difficult courses. I think it is one of the most effective methods at doing well academically. I'm telling you this out of experience. Remember that not everyone is good at getting things executed excellently well on their own, some people need others or team work to realize their true potentials. Maybe this is what you have missed all these years.
Whichever way I wish you good luck and success

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by zionmde: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
AirstarKane:
Can you suggest anyone for communication?
No I can't But u can do ur online research.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by culf: 2:08am On Oct 15, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Yes o. I guess u your boss
kind of
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2019
culf:

kind of
Simply own it. Say yes.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by DAVE5(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2019
Balenciagabrain:
It's for legends. People that will make it on their own. Don't be deterred by it pls.

Your brain dey dia jare

2.2 doesn’t define a man, what you have to offer defines you

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AirstarKane(f): 6:36pm On Oct 15, 2019
[quote author=zionmde post=83141999]
No I can't
But u can do ur online research. [quote]
Alright, thanks.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AirstarKane(f): 6:38pm On Oct 15, 2019
zionmde:

No I can't
But u can do ur online research.
Alright, thanks.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Masterpiece77: 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2019
dives:
That's a wonderful course. You may try Germany or Georgia State Uni in the US. As a Geophysicist, I am sure you would want to work in an O and G firm so make sure you aim for a very top notch uni like Imperial College like a poster up there posted. Apply to PTDF OSS and then go to Imperial. All the best bro.
Thanks so much for this info.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ABSTRUSE: 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2019
dives:
That's a wonderful course. You may try Germany or Georgia State Uni in the US. As a Geophysicist, I am sure you would want to work in an O and G firm so make sure you aim for a very top notch uni like Imperial College like a poster up there posted. Apply to PTDF OSS and then go to Imperial. All the best bro.

I also need a piece of advice from you. I studied law.
What piece of advice cn you gimme?
I'm willing to learn as well.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by faithyguy: 3:41am On Oct 20, 2019
Bro don't let anyone discourage u. 2.2 is a good grade

kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by kamtrix(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2019
Hi guys. Thanks so much to everyone who gave meaningful information. I've learned a whole lot from your posts. I am very grateful. God bless you all . Nairaland is truly filled with the best of Nigeria's internet users

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Any Number Multiplied By Zero Equals To Zero? / LAUTECH 2013/2014 Admission / UNIOSUN Lecturer, Sesan, Seen Flogging 200 Level English Department Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.