Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? (41747 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Schools In Norway That Accepts A Second Class Lower Grade For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by winningtona01: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
It's a very poor and bad grade 2.2. we have the plenty time in school to be the best 2.1 is just cool.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by madridsta007(m): 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help

As much as possible, avoid a 2.2. It would, largely, make your post-graduation life much difficult. If we categorise opportunities as a "100%", those with 1st Class can attempt all the entire 100%; those with 2.1 can take 75% out of the 100%; those with a 2.2 have 20% out of it and the residual 5% are opportunities for others.
So a 2.2 will limit opportunities. However, it does not make a successful life impossible; it just means, you need to work extra, extra hard.
Hence avoid a 2.2.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Mike4S: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
Those of us that majored in education have no problem with that grade.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by AfonjaBoston: 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
deltateam:

I can bet you aren't earning close to that.

Lol You know nothing son

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Angelawhite(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2019
francisgodstime:
bro i would have luv to go into dat programming stuff, but a bit discourage cos am a political science graduate.

Don’t worry. When u run ur first code, you’ll understand programming is not about what you studied. I have a lawyer friend (girl) that’s into programming
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by webngnews: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2019
Don’t let grades limit you you need to me smart education is just an hedge use your brain to succeed .
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by chinedumoooo: 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2019
Don't allow paper grade to weigh you down.
Have skills and build yourself mentally, otherwise.
Lectures took the advantags of grade to humiliate students both girls/boys.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Janet200: 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
deltateam:

Is NIM among?

Yes and project management

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nkwomarket: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
it's a shame.
The money your community spent to send u to school has been wasted.
You and I know that the labour market is literally filled up with graduates and even those with a 2:1 find it hard to even get employment and you're here asking for opportunities for a 2:2.
What made u not to be serious with school? Now that girl has left u and see your life for outside now
Hahahhahaa
Better go and learn work my friend.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.
@OP he's right, I finished with a 2.2, I got a job in a Nigerian own FMCG company, they started with 53k for me and after 6 month they increase to 88k take home minus the pension. It's one year now, I'm about going for Certification to boost myself couple with the work experience I am having. Some of my 2.1 and first class friend are still in the street looking for job.

You must be smart, you don't need to go for multinational companies first, find a good Nigerian company, don't mind the pay at first. Use that to move your career up,mistake people make is they don't want humble beginnings, they just want the big things first.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by danny086(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
in biochemistry Dept @ unizik if u have 2.2 be jubilating...

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Xeexeex: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
vickodedon:
Can you give me more info?
Education in Germany is totally free. Some Scandinavian countries also offer free education. Even though education is tuition free scholarships also exists which will cover all other costs. I like Germany because it's an authority in the world. Imagine applying for a job with a German Masters degree. � If you get the scheghen visa you can visit other 25 European countries visa free. The average cost of up keep in Germany is about €720, but if you Sabi manage. You can get students jobs without a work permit. Also there are other European countries like Lithuania that you can survive on about €250 per month which is very cheap.
If interested, your search should begin here mastersportal.com
Danke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by lekonso: 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tony Elumelu is a 2:2 graduate and he is a billionaire

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by rockyh(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
Psalm2423:

I don’t even need the degree self. I’m just reading so I don’t pay another school after this year. All the hard work on education didn’t reflect on my result, so I kissed mama goodbye. Lol.
i like ur spirit, am a graduate of economics but I went into farming to have peace of mind today I can proudly saymy decision is worth it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MasterPapi(m): 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
Not a grade... hmmmmn.. Come OAU u go sabi sey na grade. The schl u attend also determines if it is.. but @ OAU na grade o.. Especially when it comes 2 d course nd ur dept

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MasterPapi(m): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2019
Who b dis sef? It seems u attended National Open University..Don't schls Bro or ur fingers will get burnt.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by spencekat(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2019
zionmde:
Bro Take this advice from me
First class and second class upper can get u a graduate Trainee job which is very competitive today. But it will take a whole lot of career upgrade to get it other jobs.
A practical example
A 2.2 graduate of Logistics with CIPS, CILT, SCM Certifications coupled with other notable trainings is far more valuable and has bigger job prospects than a 2.1 graduate of the same Course who doesn't have any of those.

Yes gun for 2.1 and above, but if u don't succeed in getting it, den while others are waiting for Nysc, doing Nysc, waiting for jobs, go ahead and try to gather experience through training and certifications. Now don't ask me where is the money? Ur mind is d capital u need
CIPS-Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply?
SCM-Supply Chain Management?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Psalm2423(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
rockyh:
i like ur spirit, am a graduate of economics but I went into farming to have peace of mind today I can proudly saymy decision is worth it

Nice one man. I actually never believed in education, although I was the brightest student in my secondary school days. grin. Might say as you grow older, you tend not to give a bleep bout what people think, so I’m even satisfied with my 3rd class. Of course, I know there’s no natural way of getting employed with it grin, and as weird as it may seem; I kind of like it. That way, I’ll know to best focus on my alternatives as they’ll be the only means of surviving and thriving.

I’m like that person who doesn’t love having a Plan B; infact my Plan B’s are dependent on my Plan A. If the latter fails, the rest will fail. I always tell people; the best student doesn’t always come out on top in life. So, it’s more of doing your thing properly. University is different from real life.

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MasterPapi(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2019
Not a grade... hmmmmn.. Come OAU u go sabi sey na grade. The schl u attend also determines if it is.. but @ OAU na grade o.. Especially when it comes 2 d course nd ur dept

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Jeremy1234: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for this question OP

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
francisgodstime:
skills like? Mind u am a political science graduate

The industry is different ,its not about what you studied but what skills you possess that are valuable, and if you dont now is a good time, to look around and fine, there's so much information on the internet be it freelance gigs or something. You need to research and be informed.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Rensolar(m): 10:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.

Quote of the year...

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by OluwasureGig: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:
That's why I said very good 6 digits, if you know you know

I quoted you to help get me the first 70k salary job you did sir and still haven't gotten a reply from you sir. I'm still waiting for your reply sir thank you
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by ABSTRUSE: 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Angelawhite:

Don’t worry. When u run ur first code, you’ll understand programming is not about what you studied. I have a lawyer friend (girl) that’s into programming

Lemme join you nah!
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by phessyphemzzy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Janet200:

Don’t allow your 2.2 define you, during my nysc I did 3 certifications (2 on management and one on programming ), immediately after my service I got a six salary figure job from there I saved money wrote the gre, am in the USA now for my graduate program with tuition waived and good monthly stipends. It’s advisable to get a good grade but if you cannot change it don’t feel bad just make everything a steppingstone

pls can you recommend the management course u did during NYSC and how to go about it. thanks
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by culf: 11:18pm On Oct 13, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Mine is inside my box gathering dust... grin

7yrs after graduation, I've not gone to collect my result. Funny right?

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by darfay: 2:05am On Oct 14, 2019
shogz89:
Msc finance smiley

In Unilag right?
How is the program like, msc finance... Duration etc
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Tekmachine: 5:36am On Oct 14, 2019
Certainly not but it doesn't mean one should settle for that cause there is room for improvement, with God a pass is better than even the 1st class
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Angelawhite(m): 7:17am On Oct 14, 2019
ABSTRUSE:

Lemme join you nah!

You want to start learning ?
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by tightpussy156: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2019
some people just spill out rubbish hear.@ op forget grade who grade help.I got h.n.d. upper credit, b.s.c, 2.1, MSC merit but I look at them not important because were I work even those with Ssce are holding big positions,bigger pay because of influenced, connection even some na ghost workers but them they receive money like say tomorrow no they. so @ op forget grade focus an pray for connection an influence na that one matter.so many with big degree all over the country that don't have jobs.those that will quote me wrong should hug transformer. today I regret why I did that master programme. I spent 2 Millon plus for my master I for use that money open business today the business for don yield 40 Millon.so school na big scam.no long thing but life goes on.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kwara Polytechnic Student Wears Wedding Gown To Exam Hall (Pictures) / NECO Shocks Students With Upgraded Examination. / Exams In Nigeria (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.