Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? (41792 Views)

What Happened When I Told My Class Mates That I'm On A 2:1 Not A 1:1 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / Schools In Norway That Accepts A Second Class Lower Grade For Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by DenreleDave(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2019
figure007:
i graduated with 2:2 ...but am an enterprenuer with my own registered business and doing fine .... Funny enough i only worked for a year after Nysc and later resigned to start mine own business...am my own boss ... Your life is not in grade but your skills and Pray ... Am an IT PROFESSIONAL(ENGINEER). LIKE SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN ALSO GET CERTIFICATIONS ...THATS WHAT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR NOW , 80PERCENT EMPLOYERS LOOK FOR CERTIFICATION AND NOT GRADE.... YOU DONT EXPECT ME TO EMPLOY FIRST class graduate FROM PRIVATE UNI OVER BSC OR HND WITH professional certifications/training FRoM OTHER UNI ...AM NOT DISCRIMINATING BUT THATS THE FACT ...

Pls boss, I'm an intending finance graduate, I'm interested in IT related stuff... Which way sir

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by midnighter(f): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Its not great but its not the end of the world
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
dave4rella:
grin
If you graduate with that grade
You better start searching for govt job
Or have connections
If not.. Oyo is your case

I know how many times I bleeped, sucked and drove my female lecturer boo, before I graduated with 2.1

The mark where she bit me during of the bj session is still on my dick
which school
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by MichaelUweh(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
My brother, it will hinder you from getting many jobs invite ,but with God on your side you are a comfortable graduate. Always remember that you can't give what you don't have..so be very grateful to God and stop disturbing yourself with grades . After all only God is the giver of opportunities( jobs).

2 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
holubee21:
I want u to know some third class in some universities are equivalent to some first class and 2.1. so my guy believe in yourself. Let grace speak for u
third class graduate spotted.
No go sit down read keep on deceiving yourself with grace.
Olodo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Beat123(f): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
No. It only reduces negotiating power
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Tolu95(m): 2:59pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help

To make it in life is not about grade. Always believe in yourself and work towards your goals. I graduated with 2.2 and i have not dream of working under anybody not cos of my grade but cos i know where i am going to.

#peace_out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

[s]

True, cos I know of a third class working in an oil company, it hurts my soul anytime I remember :[/s] '(
shut up my friend and go to the romance section.
This post is way higher above your low IQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by airminem(f): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
Better still, you can volunteer to join the military(S/commission) with atleast a 2.2 and die a hero.

4 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Gbtothetop: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2019
Your grade does not matter a lot, except you want to use it to find a job, aside that your grade does not say anything about your ability or how much you are capable of making
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by figure007(m): 3:01pm On Oct 13, 2019
DenreleDave:

Pls boss, I'm an intending finance graduate, I'm interested in IT related stuff... Which way sir
there are alot of IT field you can venture into ... It will take time to grow but trust me its worth it.... If you can go.into graphics , Programming (app developer or website designer ) but for me am into other fields and i outsource others ......
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

True, cos I know of a third class working in an oil company, it hurts my soul anytime I remember cry
It does not need to hurt you. Anyway I understand the angle you are coming from . You are probably people like us that invested so much time and effort in graduating well.
I really thank God I discovered earlier that Nigerian environment does not favour effort gotten through grade . My dear I usually advice any young graduate without connection , whether first class or 2.1 to start acquiring skills in time .That is the only sure way to beat Nigerian bad economy.

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by sambright2012: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
Do u do easy buy?are u in Lagos let me knw pls
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by wickyyolo: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
Just get certification . nobody refuse you
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by DaddyBen009: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
tunjijones:
Your grades doesn't have anything to do with your success. I came out with a third class. Didnt allow it to way me down. I developed myself and I am doing good now. I even see some of my mates that came out with better grades still wallowing in poverty.
You can share some hints to a third class graduate. Learning never stops.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Business123: 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2019
That's why I said very good 6 digits, if you know you know

AfonjaBoston:

100k is also 6 digits lol

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by shogz89: 3:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
Business123:
I earn very good 6 digits with my 2.2, no godfather, no helper, started with 70k salary 6 years ago, started gaining experience and certifications, so within about 5-6 years of actively working I have been able to fight my way to where I am. Now no company can discriminate against me.

2.2 is not a bad degree, what you do next determinimes your testimony within 5 years from now. Your friends with 2.1 might have it easier than you now, because they will get more job invites than you, but within 5 years, if you are wise, patient and stategize things will be fine. Your destiny is in your hands.
op this is also my story,, 2:1 and first class can only give you a good head start after that it's how you are able to Improve yourself that will distinguish you from others.. I have a 2:2, it hindered me from getting certain jobs true, but I have developed myself up to a standard you will be foolish not to hire me because i had 2:2. I have changed 2 jobs within 2 years and I didn't even have to apply for the last one all within a space of 5 years post nysc experience... Go for professional certification and gain the necessary experience it could be internship, don't expect to get the best job instantly but be focused you will get there faster than you thought. Many good company still hire 2:2 very many with good salaries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by figure007(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
DenreleDave:

dm me on olumideaseun@gmail.com .... Will tell you what to be doing which you will never regret later ...
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by pocohantas(f): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
They done dey whine am.

Nde strong 2.2 grin grin
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by lekmyth(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2019
Lol, why stressing ya self Op, Mark doesn't have any degree, bill gate and many world billionaires don't as well, matter of fact, i heard our own Seun Osewa and lalasticlala graduated with 4th class and 5th class, the later graduated 5th class ���

3 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Mac2016(m): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:
Happy Sunday guys. I want to know, for a graduate, is a 2.2 a bad result? Does it hinder one from certain opportunities and does it make employers not Like you?

Please help
It will definitely hinder you from some opportunities. But bro, you don't actually need all opportunities to succeed in life. You only need to make the best of any opportunity that you have. That said!
2.2 can make the struggle harder so get the best of grade you can. Now if you have got 2.2, this will work.

1. Study the field you wanna establish a career in, as in real market study. (look at their adverts and you will see their regular demand/prerequisite for hiring)

2. Figure out the largest demand and desire in that field as per software training required, certifications.

3. By fire by force, go for these trainings and be the best in them.

4. With that done. Bro, you are good to go even first class students won't be your match again

Stay blessed. I had a 2.2 also. 3.47 tho

8 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by KillerBeauty(f): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2019
Apart from hindering you from getting graduate trainee jobs and applying for scholarships, you can still get a good job with a 2.2
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by holubee21(m): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
third class graduate spotted.
No go sit down read keep on deceiving yourself with grace.
Olodo

Grace can only speak for you no matter ur grade in school..
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
2,2 is not bad but due to the high supply of graduates, you will have lesser chances of competing with the numerous graduates with higher grades. Your surest bet is to improve your value.
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by shogz89: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
PatrickOkunima:
Even 2:2 get category. I didn't know this until I applied for an M.Sc. program. With anything below 3.0, you can't go for an M.Sc. or M.A. directly, atleast here in Nigeria.
don't say what you don't know brother.. I have 2:2 and I am running my masters program currently in unilag.. And my GP is not even up to 2.8

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by formular2002(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2019
First,
I graduated with 2.2 though I tried my best but thats what I graduated with.
Now, with 2.2, u have limited job invites. U may not be qualified for some post graduate scholarships.
The truth is, GRADE IS JUST FOR CLASSIFICATION, IT DOES NOT DEFINE U.
Kudos to those intelligent chaps that graduated with 2.1 and First class. I always appreciate them because I know its not easy.
Now that u have 2.2, face reality squarely and train ursef. Get good CV and gather cognate experience (even if pay is poor)
Try to get ur post graduate if u can. Gather professional qualifications and be upbeat about ursef.
U will discover later that God loves u and ur 2.2 is a stepping stone to greatness
NB: I do not encourage mediocrity. So never stop learning.

I wish u well OP

5 Likes

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by OPECINHO: 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]100k is also 6 digits lol [/quote]

Even 999,000
Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2019
kamtrix:

Please help

I graduated with a 2.2 life is not bad just have skills that people will find valuable

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:
Guy I understand the angle she is coming from. If you have really struggled to achieve something and you see someone who put lower effort than you , there is every tendency you will feel bad .

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:

Empty coconut head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by makinson2865: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
My best LECTURER while in the university graduated with 2.2 from OAU.
He is very brilliant and hardworking.
He is now a doctor(Phd)I in Two term best state university.
He is closed to bin a prof .

Try your best to be whatever you want to be in life irrespective of what life throw at you.

1 Like

Re: Is A 2.2 A Bad Grade For A Graduate? by akins56(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
holubee21:
I want u to know some third class in some universities are equivalent to some first class and 2.1. so my guy believe in yourself. Let grace speak for u
lol, be deceiving your self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Is Any Number Multiplied By Zero Equals To Zero? / LAUTECH 2013/2014 Admission / UNIOSUN Lecturer, Sesan, Seen Flogging 200 Level English Department Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.