Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (182637 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 8:23am On Dec 15, 2010
[size=13pt]Google Voice Search update helps you personalize your results[/size]

Google Voice Actions was the first step towards our Star Trek dreams of lassoing the world with naught but vocal cords, and today Google's taken a second hop towards that inevitable future by letting Android devices record our every utterance. Yes, if you've got a handset running Froyo or better, you can download an update for Google Voice Search right now, which will let your phone dynamically personalize its speech-to-text engine to better recognize your voice most every time you use it. Of course, by so doing you're giving Google permission to record your sentences -- anonymously, of course -- to use in future products, but whether that's a problem or just a happy coincidence depends on whether you take Google at its word. We hit the "yes" button, in case you're curious. Find it on Android Market, or just use the handy-dandy QR code below.

Re: Android, Anyone? by Tasma: 9:15am On Dec 15, 2010
Have a HTC touch phone running windows mobile 6.1. Just wanna find out if anyone here has successfully ported one of the newer Android roms on this os. Also where would be a good site to download apps for windows mobile 6.1. Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
Guys, it's getting hotter and hotter. Don't sit on the fence. . .click HERE and let your voices be heard and make your opinion count
Re: Android, Anyone? by ciscostaz: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Otumfor and all,

I finally upgraded my SGS to Froyo yesterday. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. The change is amazing.

I am loving android.

yeaaah
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 4:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
ciscostaz:

@Otumfor and all,

I finally upgraded my SGS to Froyo yesterday. Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen. The change is amazing.

I am loving android.

yeaaah

Give details of the exact kind of phone, then we can help you!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ ciscostraz
sorry for the mixup, i'm refering to the post by Tasma grin

ciscostraz, continue jare, nothing do u!
Gingerbread is on the way for your SGS grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by ciscostaz: 5:33pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Na2day

Ok THanks,

Am enjoying oo. I can't wait for gingerbread upgrade too.
Re: Android, Anyone? by twinskenny(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2010
@all anyone with used sgs should kindly let me know
Re: Android, Anyone? by Tasma: 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2010
The phone is the HTC touch HD T8282 running windows mobile 6.1 thanks. Also is it possible to upgrade to newer versions of the winmo rom?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 2:21am On Dec 16, 2010
Tasma:

The phone is the HTC touch HD T8282 running windows mobile 6.1 thanks. Also is it possible to upgrade to newer versions of the winmo rom?

Thats
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 2:45am On Dec 16, 2010
Thats HTC Blackstone!

grin grin grin

Here you have eclairs running on it, watch the video

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCx5elAKKoQ?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

Here you have it running froyo

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZmhlhx1Bak?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 2:54am On Dec 16, 2010
[size=13pt]PLEASE READ THIS THREAD, IT CONTAINS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW![/size]
Register and post your question if any
Dont take a shortcut, read everything!
I've warned you o!

grin grin grin grin grin

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=621498

And Goodluck! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 3:29am On Dec 16, 2010
[size=13pt]This Dancing Live Wallpaper Is Worth The Impact On Battery Life[/size] grin grin grin

If you’re like me, the one item on your phone that changes more than your partner’s mind is your wallpaper. As a general rule of thumb, I don’t use live wallpapers since they eat away at my battery so quickly, but today I found a live wallpaper that was worthy of a download and an installation just so I could show it off to my friends. The live wallpaper showcases our little green buddy dancing his heart out for our pleasure. See it in action below and download it from the source link if it catches your eye.

[flash=640,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1umejC_DVI?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]

LOL
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 3:30am On Dec 16, 2010
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2010
[size=13pt]THESE PEOPLE NO GO KILL PERSON O![/size] grin

LG Announces Optimus 2X, The First Dual Core Phone

LG just announced the LG Optimus 2X which is not only the world’s first Tegra 2 powered phone, but also an Android Phone- gotta love it.

Planning on buying a Nexus S when it’s released tomorrow? You may want to re-think that: LG has just officially announced the next phone in the Optimus line, the Optimus 2X. What makes this phone so special? Aside from all the regular features in high-end Android phones, it’s packing the dual core Tegra 2 processor, a first for any phone. And the rest of the phone’s specs won’t disappoint, either:
1 GHz dual core, Tegra 2 processor
4-inch display
Android 2.2 with plans to upgrade to Android 2.3
8 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
HDMI
1080p video playback
Gyro sensor
1,500 mAh battery
microSD card slot

According to the press release, the Optimus 2X will be released in Korea next month, with a launch in Europe and Asia to come shortly after. There’s no word on a release here in the States, but it still seems very likely – U.S. carriers will definitely want to get a hold of the first dual core phone.

If you want to just how big of a difference a dual core processor will make, check out the LG Star’s hands-on preview. Read the full press release below.

LG LAUNCHES WORLD’S FIRST AND FASTEST DUAL-CORE SMARTPHONE
LG Optimus 2X with Tegra 2 Offers Top Multimedia Features for a Better User Experience

SEOUL, Dec. 16, 2010 — LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled the LG Optimus 2X, the world’s first smartphone with a dual-core processor. Along with more powerful multimedia features, the LG Optimus 2X’s high-performance Tegra 2 processor makes for faster, smoother web browsing and applications and lets users multitask with virtually no screen lag.

"Dual-core technology is the next leap forward in mobile technology so this is no small achievement to be the first to offer a smartphone utilizing this technology," said Dr. Jong-seok Park, CEO and President of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. "With unique features such as HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) mirroring and exceptional graphics performance, the LG Optimus 2X is proof of LG’s commitment to high-end smartphones in 2011."

Developed by graphics processor powerhouse NVIDIA?, the dual-core Tegra 2 system-on-a-chip found in the LG Optimus 2X runs at a clock speed of 1GHz and boasts low power consumption and high performance for playing video and audio. Users will experience faster web browsing and smoother gameplay compared with single-core processors running at the same speed as well as instantaneous touch response and seamless multitasking between applications.

The LG Optimus 2X offers 1080p HD video playback and recording with HDMI mirroring that expands content on external displays to full HD quality. The LG Optimus 2X can connect wirelessly to any DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) compatible digital device such as HD TVs for a console-like gaming experience taking full advantage of the phone’s HDMI mirroring, accelerometer and gyro sensor. The smartphone also includes both rear- and front-facing cameras, microSD memory expandability, Micro-USB port and a hefty 1500mAh battery.

The LG Optimus 2X will be available in Korea next month with countries in Europe and Asia to follow. The phone will initially be released with Android 2.2 (Froyo) and will be upgradeable to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). The upgrade schedule will be announced in local markets in due course.

Key specifications:

* 1Ghz Dual-core Processor (NVIDIA Tegra 2)
* 4-inch WVGA screen
* 8GB memory (up to 32GB via microSD)
* 1,500 mAh battery
* 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.3 megapixel front camera
* HDMI mirroring
* 1080p MPEG-4/H.264 playback and recording

[size=13pt]These people no go collect our money finish o! [/size] shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:33am On Dec 16, 2010
@ ^^If by HDMI mirroring they mean you can actually play WHATEVER is on your phone onto whatever HD screen you’re connected… wow. Android lovers with HDMI output have been dying for this feature. shocked
Re: Android, Anyone? by Tasma: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2010
Thanks @na2day. Looks like with this instructions i should be able to dual boot into either the winmo or the Android. Since i'm just installing the android on the sd card. The Android on this phone still has quite a few issues like no camera, etc though.
Re: Android, Anyone? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:48am On Dec 16, 2010
Guys/Gals, Nomination has closed and the top four nominees (cos there was a tie) have been put up in a poll for you to decide by votes the Phone Section Poster Of The Year 2010.

For transparency and the avoidance of doubt, this is how the nomination stage of the election ended as at 11.59 PM on 15th December 2010.

aieromon - 11 Nominations

texazzpete - 3 Nominations

puskin - 3 Nominations

dragnet - 3 Nominations

The other six nominees got one vote each so didn't make the final cut. . . .

So who gets the crown of Phone Section Poster Of The Year, 2010? Will it be aieromon, texazzpete, puskin or dragnet? The power is in your hands and only your votes will decide. . . . CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO VOTE NOW

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-560128.32.html

VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 11.59PM ON DECEMBER 29, 2010
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
@na2day

Have you ever tried using your MusicID app ? It hasnt worked for me, no matter how high the volume of the song was.

Do you have any suggestions of a quicker application? Thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@na2day

Have you ever tried using your MusicID app ? It hasnt worked for me, no matter how high the volume of the song was.

Do you have any suggestions of a quicker application? Thanks.

Yes. Download SoundHound.
I use the iPhone client and it's awesome. IDs all songs (naturally, Nigerian songs need not apply), you can even ID songs you hum or sing into the microphone.
The Android client should have the same functionality, and it's probably the best of its kind.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2010
texazzpete:

I use the iPhone client and it's awesome. IDs all songs (naturally, Nigerian songs need not apply), you can even ID songs you hum or sing into the microphone.
The Android client should have the same functionality, and it's probably the best of its kind.

Thanks! will download it now.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Kilode1: 10:26pm On Dec 16, 2010
texazzpete:

I agree. Soundhound works like a charm.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 17, 2010
Woah. The soundhound works like a charm.
Re: Android, Anyone? by flagship(m): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2010
hi guys

i just acquired and rooted my htc desire within a week, this phone is so awesome. i am never goin for another OS again!!!

if you are looking for good roms to root your phone with , i suggest DJ DROID ver 1.9, google it for directions
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 3:27am On Dec 17, 2010
@ ileke
Yes soundhound is very good, i think i posted it earlier at the beginning of this thread.
The beauty of it, is that you can even hum a tune and it will record it and give u the detail.
Another one is SHAZAM, but i think the free one allow you to check only 5 songs daily (which i think is stupid, so u can only check 5 songs when u're in the club abi?) i'm sure they 'll come to their senses very soon and make it free like soundhound.
Just giving u other options grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 3:57am On Dec 17, 2010
na2day!:

@ ileke
Yes soundhound is very good, i think i posted it earlier at the beginning of this thread.
The beauty of it, is that you can even hum a tune and it will record it and give u the detail.
Another one is SHAZAM, but i think the free one allow you to check only 5 songs daily (which i think is silly, so u can only check 5 songs when u're in the club abi?) i'm sure they 'll come to their senses very soon and make it free like soundhound.
Just giving u other options grin

Yea, I actually hummed the "OMG -by Usher" song and it showed up in less than 1 min. It was a beautiful moment.
Thanks for the SHAZAM. But if it aint free, I aint buying grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 4:07am On Dec 17, 2010
But honestly El Razur
Where are these guys:
Dan Kazeem
Abbey Fagboro
and other comedians of those days?
Are they still alive?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 4:09am On Dec 17, 2010
omg shocked
I posted in the wrong place, please mod give us edit power naa
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2010
^^^ grin grin grin grin grin this 1 time post and can't edit thingy on here can be very irritating

ciscostaz:

@Otumfor and all,

I am loving android.

yeaaah

am happy for u bruv, enjoy!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ehisod(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2010
Hey guys,
Just got me a samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.1. Coming from windows mobile OS am still trying to cut my teeth with Android. The device is okay specs wise but I will say there are somethings that score below par with me already. The camera is not as sharp as I expected, also I just discovered that I cant use my dsl wired internet connection via USB which was quite easy on Winmo with the use of Activesync software. Why leave out such an important function given the internet hungry nature of the android OS because it always connecting one program or the other to the internet. But all the same the SGS is a beautiful phone to behold and hold.
Re: Android, Anyone? by ciscostaz: 6:53am On Dec 27, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S Appsssssssssssssss

Re: Android, Anyone? by ciscostaz: 6:55am On Dec 27, 2010
and more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.