Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding (79010 Views)

MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by midnighter(f): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2019
peepydelano:
You are having a very good lady as your wife,count yourself very lucky.Why not fast forward your white wedding and have free access, and its not a big deal if she turns out not to be a virgin,appreciate the fact that she's God fearing. Respect her Godly wish and wait for the abundant blessings that follows,she is blessed amongst women

It's definitely an issue if she is not a virgin because that would mean she has been lying all along...too bad

Being God-fearing doesn't mean you will marry somebody under false pretenses. If she had been having sex before and has now renounced it then she should have said so

But I agree with you that he should just arrange the church wedding because it's what they agreed on.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Korllami007: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
peepydelano:
You are having a very good lady as your wife,count yourself very lucky.Why not fast forward your white wedding and have free access, and its not a big deal if she turns out not to be a virgin,appreciate the fact that she's God fearing. Respect her Godly wish and wait for the abundant blessings that follows,she is blessed amongst women

She's God fearing but she's lying to tie a man down.

What are you even saying?

21 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mr poster just ignore her , suspend the wedding and get a side chick

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
Freehuman:

Some men are really cool with anything. When I'm planning to have two kids and at least a male child before marriage, a man lives under the same roof with the woman he legally married and consumation of the marriage is yet to happen. shocked

Everyone here is talking about virginity and not fertility. She may even be a virgin and deep down knows she is not fertile. Over 1000 Nigerian girls(teenagers) suffer from ovarian cyst yearly and most times treatment causes damage to their reproductive system. That's just one disease and there are others.

Marrying in a church can prevent divorce when the male partner wants it immediately on grounds of fertility of the Female. I think a judge will not grant such divorce until the marriage has broken down irretrievably.

From a legal point of view, marrying in a church which is registered under the law as a valid place of celebration of marriage means that the couples contracted statutory marriage ( under the marriage ACT). This means if the marriage has not broken down irretrievably and you intend to divorce her on grounds of infertility the court may not grant a decree nicee. If the man proceeds to dissolve the marriage without a grant by the court , she can sue him for bigamy. It may take up to 5 years before you begin to abuse her and make the marriage break down irretrievably.

An average religious bigot is likely to believe that if she adheres to such extreme religious doctrines (abstinence from sex until a church wedding) her infertility may be cured.

I know my reason is abstract but it must not be ruled out.
if na me be the guy na to carry my side chick come home to cure konji. na only she go beg you after

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
BiggyB242:

Even if she allows him, he isn't going to enjoy it. Sex is enjoyed when both party agree to it. It will be more like rape only that she wouldn't resist.

True that.

He has to look for a way around it. A way that doesn't leave one party aggrieved or cheated.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by NoToPile: 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
But you were the one that said in your post that you had asked her initially and she had said no sex till AFTER CHURCH WEDDING and you agreed, so whats all the fuss about now.

You agreed so why back out of the agreement, the fact that you had known what to expect before hand is the issue, its not a matter of whether we should consumate the marriage after trad or not.

To my personal opinion about the matter as a christain, do the church wedding as planned and consummate the marriage thats all, I believe the marriage should be consummated after all wedding/marriage procedures you planned for have been completed, if you want to do trad only do and consummate your marriage but if you have planned for church wedding just wait till the whole stuff is over.
This is the major reason I dont support all these do traditional marriage now, do church wedding in 6 months time, that is what is causing all this back and forth arguments. If it was 2 weeks interval all this wont crop up. But op if you are not really a christain you can ignore this 2nd paragraph.

14 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Actually, the guy is legally married .
We have been so brainwashed with oyibo wedding that we accept that as the norm.

What he need is only court marriage to seal the bond officially.

There is what we call compromise. He compromised till after trado because he love her. She should compromise too for him. Don't she feel him?
Are we sure she will love and enjoy sex in the future if at this point daydreaming about this man is not driving her crazy? Does she masturbate?
If the guy masturbates because of her, is that mot a sin?
She is undoubtedly a very stubborn woman. Stubborness comes with a pride. She want to tell them in church that she held on till wedding night like her pastor said but forgetting pastor didn't do likewise.

Probably we are all churchous now but one of the major things that drive men out to cheat is incompatibility in bed.
What of if they are not?
What happens then?

How can u marry somebody u don't know sexually?
Isn't that craziness?

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
midnighter:

It's definitely an issue if she is not a virgin because that would mean she has been lying all along...too bad

Being God-fearing doesn't mean you will marry somebody under false pretenses. If she had been having sex before and has now renounced it then she should have said so

But I agree with you that he should just arrange the church wedding because it's what they agreed on.
Do u know some women just don't feel it?
I'm surprised she is not ripping that man apart.
Hmm.
I don't wanna go deep.
Marriage is more than holding on till your approved timeline.

I give it to this guy. He has tried. Most men won't go this far.
Church my foot.

If he take this lady anywhere whether court or to meet her people, he is gonna floor her hands down.

She want to use that as testimony to satisfy her pastor.
So she dont care if she hurt the man or not.
Godly woman kò.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Dollarseeker: 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
moderatedguy:
You forget say the guy Don pay bride Price ooo.The wife has no right to deny him sex.What impudence!
oga make una calm down...that is not an issue. If this guy should cause problem because of this issue, then he is not qualified to have her as a wife...PERIOD. For me, this is not an issue at all...just a little patience needed.

9 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by QuiverBox(f): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Church Wedding does not mean you have to Wear suit, bridal gown and Invite people for reception.

It Just means a simple Joining in Holy matrimony in the presence of God, which can be done any time, just the 2 of you and witnesses.

What you are referring to church wedding is the "traditional Wedding of the White people.

igwegeorgiano:
Friends on NL I greet you all. Trust your day is going well? It is with very heavy heart and confused state of mind I sent this post on this platform so you can advise me on what line of action I should take. Pastors and genuine men of God should also advise me on what to do as well.

There is this lady i have been dating for about a year and 6 months now. We love each other to the moon and most importantly we respect each other opinion and decisions. She is a born again christian who appreciates the things of God more than she appreciates me which of course I have no issues with.

When we agreed to start up a relationship after being friends for about 6 months, it was agreed that there will be no sex until the wedding night but at a point I asked her "what if we are done with traditional marriage rites are we still not gonna have sex? To my creates surprise she said we won't until church wedding is done. I did not actually took her serious.

Fast forward, on the 15th of July 2019 the traditional marriage was done in her father' compound in the east and all I was asked to pay and give was paid and given without any remainder . after the traditional marriage we went back to my house in abuja. Note that we were not staying together before now. I am base in abuja while she is in owerri. When we got home that night I told her we can now make love as husband and wife hence the traditional rites has been done and most importantly the bride price paid. To my amazement my wife bluntly refused. She told me she will never compromise her stand on pre marital sex

I have been very faithful to our agreement based on her claim that she is a virgin. But refusing me my right over her body after every thing including the bride price has been paid is something I can never subscribed to and to this end I have I have involved her parent and her pastor her decision however, still remain no sex till the wedding night. I am putting the wedding on hold for now until she willingly allow me make love to her and she seems not to be comfortable with my decision as well.

This is the dilemma I have found myself please I need your wise counsels on this. Thanks and remain bless. Moderators kindly push this post to the front page so it can have adequate views it deserves thanks

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Dollarseeker: 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
moderatedguy:
You forget say the guy Don pay bride Price ooo.The wife has no right to deny him sex.What impudence!
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
moderatedguy:
She absolutely don't have any right.

Even Catholic church will tell u to kiss, play but be careful during marriage course. That's invariably telling u to have sex but don't get pregnant till after wedding.
What is wrong with humans?
All these sisters that flock Pentecostal churches everywhere eating and drinking pastors words like food.
Jesus went to a traditional marriage in his place. What we call white wedding or wedding is the traditional or normal marriage in oyibo land.

If that man dissolves the marriage and she dont see another to marry, she will blame Satan.
I hate when women don't use their brain.
I'm so angry.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by midnighter(f): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
sassysure:

Do u know some women just don't feel it?
I'm surprised she is not ripping that man apart.
Hmm.
I don't wanna go deep.
Marriage is more than holding on till your approved timeline.

I give it to this guy. He has tried. Most men won't go this far.
Church my foot.

If he take this lady anywhere whether court or to meet her people, he is gonna floor her hands down.

She want to use that as testimony to satisfy her pastor.
So she dont care if she hurt the man or not.
Godly woman kò.

Whether pastor or no pastor, they had an arrangement which he agreed to so he can't now begin to complain. How can she be hurting him when she made her stance known over a year ago? Why did he suddenly decide to be hurt after the wedding? He has "tried" to do what exactly?

If he doesn't regard the church wedding as anything he should have made that clear before now. He just wanted to get the wedding over with so that he could start bullying her.

Imagine he has already called her parents, were her parents there when he "did not actually take her serious"? Rubbish

This is an intimidation and he should stop it if he's serious

17 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Allsingles:

Hope you guys did all the necessary test before going ahead with the marriage?
Such as Fertility Test, STI or STD test and many others.
There maybe secret she is hiding from you, she doesn't want you to know about it so you will not change your mind.
Read this SEVEN secret your partner maybe hiding from you which will open your eyes....
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/10/the-7-secrets-your-partner-may-have.html?m=1

we did except virginity test and am seriously considering it now to ascertain the authenticity of her claim of being a virgin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
People take love and marriage for joke nowadays undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
we did except virginity test and am seriously considering it now to ascertain the authenticity of her claim of being a virgin
was that the only reason you wanted to marry her?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
Then he shouldn't have dated a staunch born again Christian. There are men that marry virgins and wait till wedding night, they take the risk and accept the outcome. She also told him it will be on their wedding night. I don't think it's the ladies fault.
sassysure:
Actually, the guy is legally married .
We have been so brainwashed with oyibo wedding that we accept that as the norm.

What he need is only court marriage to seal the bond officially.

There is what we call compromise. He compromised till after trado because he love her. She should compromise too for him. Don't she feel him?
Are we sure she will love and enjoy sex in the future if at this point daydreaming about this man is not driving her crazy? Does she masturbate?
If the guy masturbates because of her, is that mot a sin?
She is undoubtedly a very stubborn woman. Stubborness comes with a pride. She want to tell them in church that she held on till wedding night like her pastor said but forgetting pastor didn't do likewise.

Probably we are all churchous now but one of the major things that drive men out to cheat is incompatibility in bed.
What of if they are not?
What happens then?

How can u marry somebody u don't know sexually?
Isn't that craziness?

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2019
peepydelano:
was that the only reason you wanted to marry her?
not at all. I did not considered her virginity but cos she has proved beyond doubts to be the woman I wanted but with this over righteous attitude and not taking into cognisance that I have paid her bride price and other traditional obligations is what I don't understand

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Esthered: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dear OP, when is the church wedding prior to you putting it on hold?
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
Na by force to shook.. free the babe joor
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
karkinase:
You saying rubbish
my dear am tempted to ask thus question is church wedding actually in d bible? To the best of my knowledge and I stand to be corrected church wedding is a western ideology its not an African stuff at all

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Dollarseeker: 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2019
sassysure:

She absolutely don't have any right.

Even Catholic church will tell u to kiss, play but be careful during marriage course. That's invariably telling u to have sex but don't get pregnant till after wedding.
What is wrong with humans?
All these sisters that flock Pentecostal churches everywhere eating and drinking pastors words like food.
Jesus went to a traditional marriage in his place. What we call white wedding or wedding is the traditional or normal marriage in oyibo land.

If that man dissolves the marriage and she dont see another to marry, she will blame Satan.
I hate when women don't use their brain.
I'm so angry.
bros stop spoiling Catholic name here. The Catholic church doesn't permit sex before wedding. couple that have sex before their wedding, is none of the church business. The church doesn't permit that, but will not kill u because u did it, u would still be wedded.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Then he shouldn't have dated a staunch born again Christian. There are men that marry virgins and wait till wedding night, they take the risk and accept the outcome. She also told him it will be on their wedding night. I don't think it's the ladies fault.

Let us also wait for the outcome in the next 2 or 3 yrs.

Men don't take that risk. The outcome is what we women will never boldly come out to say.
God help her if they are not compatible.
He will continue to drum it on her ear. Virgin or no virgin.

There is so much more about marriage than what we see or read here.
Wonder why naija men are very promiscuous, born again or not?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
not at all. I did not considered her virginity but cos she has proved beyond doubts to be the woman I wanted but with this over righteous attitude and not taking into cognisance that I have paid her bride price and other traditional obligations is what I don't understand
There's no much issue here if so, do the White wedding and enjoy your marriage.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dollarseeker:
bros stop spoiling Catholic name here. The Catholic church doesn't permit sex before wedding. couple that have sex before their wedding, is none of the church business. The church doesn't permit that, but will not kill u because u did it, u would still be wedded.
Read my submission very well.
Very very well.
Catholic church will tell u to kiss and handle when u go for marriage course.
It is 100% allowed towards the end of your marriage course. It's not a secret. Catholic church respects the laws of the land it finds itself in. They know that trado is the real thing. Some priest's will not set you if u didn't do trado.
But that's for another day.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kayusely70(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
It is advisable to do virginity test before white wedding to avoid heart-break.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Korllami007: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

Cheers. grin

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ImaIma1(f): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You both live in the same house since the traditional marriage and no action? Wow wow wow. As in she doesn't get turned on by seeing you up close? Hmmmmm wonderment.

Simply go do the white wedde

The babe is a strong babe

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by liberalchick(f): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Then you should have told her this before going ahead with any wedding plans. What you did to her was bait and switch. You gave her the false impression that you would honor her wish of a white wedding night, then you switched it up after the trad. She showed you who she was but you deliberately ignored it because you thought you could manipulate her into renouncing her principles.

This is one of the problems in most marriages, people show us who they are while we are dating but we ignore and think we can change them after the wedding.

igwegeorgiano:
my dear am tempted to ask thus question is church wedding actually in d bible? To the best of my knowledge and I stand to be corrected church wedding is a western ideology its not an African stuff at all

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Collins4u1(m): 8:53pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lol she's based in owerri. ����

And she's religious, that type that looks so natural and doesn't wear makeup and looks so responsible abi?

Should we tell him ?

10 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Korllami007: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Collins4u1:
Lol she's based in owerri. ����

And she's religious, that type that looks so natural and doesn't wear makeup and looks so responsible abi?

Should we tell him ?

No, not yet. Let him find out after white wedding or through virginity test. grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by newdawn2017(f): 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
okoroemeka:
I don't believe the op has got a good wife like u saying,how can she be a good wife when konji is destroying the man that paid her traditional bride price and she does nothing, something is definitely fishy here and also there will be compatibility issues,the man is virle and ready for love, while the lady can relate with the guy for 1year and not feel anything,the op is definitely getting married to a frigid woman and his sex life will suffer,how can take something for life without testing it and seeing how it works,well it seems the op is a perfect gentleman because many men I know will not tolerate that rubbish, Even before going for the traditional stuffs you I must start the engine and Rev it to Max power,the lady even live in owerri and claiming virgin, haaaaahaaa!!!
The op will regret deeply & very bitterly dis move he has made with dis woman, but he clearly entered into it with his eyes wide open, the said lady placed her cards on d table, & he called it bluffs. Smh! Too bad for him, I pity his future with her, his sex life.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Mother Goes Unclad In Birthday Shoot For Her 4-Year-Old Son / When your maid becomes the madam. / Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.