Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding (79159 Views)

MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. / We Kept Ourselves; No Sex Before Marriage: PHOTOS / My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Fuckgovt: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Eroms4life17:

My brother, there's no time to argue on this matter. Let everyone do what they believe is right. I have offered a piece of my advice to the guy in question. Even the kind of harsh words u use and way u dey vex up and down for matter when nor concern u tells me that u will call off everything if it was you. Life is not that complicated. We just complicate things with our own hands.
yes na I will call it off till she grows up
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by iyke0280: 6:49pm On Oct 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

I will answer your As a Bible Believing Christian..

1. Heb 13:4: Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled.
As a Bible Believing Christian, at what point are you declared fully Married?

The Church is the Body of JESUS CHRIST.
As such a Bible Believing Christian is fully Married after the Pastor or Priest Blesses and pronounces the Couple Married in The Name of JESUS..

2. YES ! Without being Blessed and Declared Married by the Pastor or Priest I will Advice Couples to stay away.. As a Believer the Pronoucement and Blessing of The Church on my Marriage is what gives me the access to my wife...
Well... I see where you are coming from. However, I think a lot of us have mixed up certain issues...like the difference between the moment you are married and when you "dedicate" your marriage to God.
Like I said earlier, a pastor or priest can not pronounce you married if you haven't done the traditional rites...once you have done that, you are married. And you might not agree with me, but if anyone decides to have sex with their wife at that point, it is not a sin. You quoted heb 13...and my point is you don't become married when the pastor or priest says you are... You become married when you have fufilled the traditional rites of your spouse's people.
If not, you can go ahead and get married in church without fulfilling the traditional rites.
Even as Christians, we are also subject to authority (romans 13: 1-7)... If as a matter of principle you and your spouse decide not to consummate your union until after the church wedding, that's fine... But my point is this... The couple who decided not to do a church wedding have not committed any sin in the eyes of God if they have sex after their traditional wedding... Because they are already married after that event... Mind you... It is not the pastor's/priest's pronunciation that makes you married... It is the consent of both families having fufilled what they/their culture deem to be marriage rites.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2019
DeRay98:

Absolutely...
Principles without wisdom and like Zeal without knowledge...
This whole approach by them is dangerous and can lead to "rape" if the guy loses it or whatever....
Let's assume the man dies today, is she entitled to his estate as wife, will she claim his estate as her inheritance I don't she 'll reject it or let his family claim it.
She'll cry out for justice that she's being denied her rights as the widow of the man....
Very lovely!
They will not see this.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
West2019:
pls what did the Bible say about marriage , if stated White wedding and I need the prove pls

Sir, I'm not here to debate abt types of wedding ceremonies or how they're conducted. I'm simply towing the line of what this groom here stated.
Note: I'm not even a fan of wedding ceremonies.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Eroms4life17(m): 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2019
Fuckgovt:
yes na I will call it off till she grows up
Good for you my brother. It is well
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 7:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
Offpoint:

They agreed "Not to have sex until wedding night" this is the only time the both have an agreement.

"what if we are done with traditional marriage rites are we still not gonna have sex? To my creates surprise she said we won't until church wedding is done. I did not actually took her serious"

He didn't take her serious on the second quote, meaning he wasn't in support neither did he object....

I know what I read and I understand it.
Very well sir;silence must av meant consent then.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
Offpoint:

I'm sorry, there was no agreement in the write up.... "I didn't take it serious" was the statement.
He didn't take it serious, neither did he object. See the issue.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by mignone(f): 7:26pm On Oct 31, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
At the end of the day you will discover that some people have been there before you. I just hope you didn't pay too much dowry on her. What is bad in test driving a car? I ate nonsense.
You will continue to eat nonsense!
Talk of test-driving...
You test-drove Judith,u were intellectually incompatible; u test-drove Iara, u were financially incompatible; u test-drove Alimat, u were sexually incompatible. So ppl shd be inheriting leftovers abi?
If 10 ppl taste gari frm a seller without buying, what happens to d seller's capital nt to talk of making profit

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2019
iyke0280:

Well... I see where you are coming from. However, I think a lot of us have mixed up certain issues...like the difference between the moment you are married and when you "dedicate" your marriage to God.
Like I said earlier, a pastor or priest can not pronounce you married if you haven't done the traditional rites...once you have done that, you are married. And you might not agree with me, but if anyone decides to have sex with their wife at that point, it is not a sin. You quoted heb 13...and my point is you don't become married when the pastor or priest says you are... You become married when you have fufilled the traditional rites of your spouse's people.
If not, you can go ahead and get married in church without fulfilling the traditional rites.
Even as Christians, we are also subject to authority (romans 13: 1-7)... If as a matter of principle you and your spouse decide not to consummate your union until after the church wedding, that's fine... But my point is this... The couple who decided not to do a church wedding have not committed any sin in the eyes of God if they have sex after their traditional wedding... Because they are already married after that event... Mind you... It is not the pastor's/priest's pronunciation that makes you married... It is the consent of both families having fufilled what they/their culture deem to be marriage rites.
Give unto GOD what is GOD'S
Give unto Tradition what is Tradition..

As A Believer, it would be Best for you to cement your Marriage on Godliness before anything..

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 7:28pm On Oct 31, 2019
Righteousness89:

As A Believer, it would be Best for you to cement your Marriage on Godliness before anything..

God bless you for knocking senses and your Godly stance on this.

There can't be middle with God. Its either all the way or otherwise

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
mignone:

Talk of test-driving...
You test-drove Judith,u were intellectually incompatible; u test-drove Iara, u were financially incompatible; u test-drove Alimat, u were sexually incompatible. So ppl shd be inheriting leftovers abi?
If 10 ppl taste gari frm a seller without buying, what happens to d seller's capital nt to talk of making profit

Hahaha ive noted this moniker. I'll never offend you for this life grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2019
DeRay98:

Forget this quotation you're applying wrongly...
Once, the bride parents accepted her dowry the marriage contract is signed sealed and delivered. After that what the church ought to be blessing the marriage.
Performing traditional marriage ceremony and going to church is duplication of process.
Are there no Christians who did only traditional marriage ceremony and goes to regular church service on Sunday and Pastor calls them out to bless the union without any further ceremonies of joining?
It's even becoming the norm for many couples in many churches who have financial challenge...
It becoming the Norm does not Make it Right..
I cannot Forget the Bible . The Bible is my Guide..
Finance has nothing to do with Church Wedding..

Give unto GOD what you is GOD'S

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Angelacruz: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2019
True
Righteousness89:
It becoming the Norm does not Make it Right.. I cannot Forget the Bible . The Bible is my Guide.. Finance has nothing to do with Church Wedding..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sakamanje!! cheesy. I just pity this op cos you're not even guaranteed a healthy sexual life in that marriage. If you love sex, as in you really gbadun puna... deactivate from that sham ASAP cos na frustration go kee you for that marriage. You won't get value for money!

Konji lo ma pa brah yi! cheesy grin grin

Eku iroju sir grin

My country man with high tension libido, kinky and naughty, labolabo, hot and spice, would ignore a stripper, kinky hot and spicy girl in the same genre, for a mother Mary, Christ-like-Sister because his society has coerced him to ignore his NEEDS and embrace Morality.

Una go soon learn undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by dvd(f): 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
WHY THE RUSH?

NA WA FOR UNA O

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by meobizy(f): 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2019
After the wedding you’ll find out why. Who comes up with these stories anyway? They catch a lot of attention so whoever’s writing them is on a roll.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by marvin905(m): 12:36am On Nov 01, 2019
Righteousness89:

It becoming the Norm does not Make it Right..
I cannot Forget the Bible . The Bible is my Guide..
Finance has nothing to do with Church Wedding..

is it God that created church wedding or man..
so your saying those that just did traditional marriage are not married in the eyes of God and man
ok oo
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Enemyofpeace: 4:06am On Nov 01, 2019
mignone:

Talk of test-driving...
At the end of the day you will discover that some people have been there before you. I just hope you didn't pay too much dowry on her. What is bad in test driving a car? I ate nonsense.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 01, 2019
midnighter:

Lol sir even if there's no English like that, you can still create one. I agree with you, all the best on your upcoming nuptials

Lols

Amen!
Thank you very much my friend.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:31am On Nov 01, 2019
Righteousness89:

God is not found in church, church is just a
building where people get together and worship God, no pastor can bless a wedding those are just ceremonial or customs things humans do that make us think thats how God like it.

Remember what you call christianity is combination of roman traditional and stories of the bible

right now a christian thinks that Christmas is special day for them, but christmas is not there in the bible, easter is there in bible but not as rememberance of dying of jesus but as festive period of ancient beliefs or celebration

those who are well researched know that a white wedding has nothing to do with God and the church, the two were later incoperated into 2 categories

1 as you can have a church wedding that can be administer by a pastor who has the license to marry you under the civil marriage

2 you can still marry in church under your beliefs of christanity but your marriage wont be civil marriage therefore your marriage was just a ceremonial

the bible has never said people should marry in church, it only say parents should bless your marriage, bless means acknowledging your marriage

the church marriage thing is a belief that christians think that marrying in church what God wants, God wants parents to approve of our marriage or accept our marriages which is meeting what parents request during the traditional ceremony

a normal african family would do the traditional wedding, be it dowry payment or lobola payment which is the acceptance of parents that out child is now married

by paying those things you are declaring to God and your parents that this is my wife. no one marries without doing traditional rites be it dowry payment or introduction thats step cant be left out

if the church wedding is important, why cant we do it first before the traditional one

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by GrossPrice: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2019
sassysure:

Even the Catholic church will tell u to kiss, play but be careful during the marriage course. That's invariably telling u to have sex but don't get pregnant till after the wedding.

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by BrokeFucker007: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
Friends on NL I greet you all. Trust your day is going well? It is with very heavy heart and confused state of mind I s remain no sex till the wedding night. I am putting the wedding on hold for now until she willingly allow me make love to her and she seems not to be comfortable with

This is the dilemma I have found myself please I need your wise counsels on this. Thanks and remain bless. Moderators kindly push this post to the front page so it can have adequate views it deserves thanks
I bet you you will regret marrying her...I'm so sure about it. who does that? do traditional marriage without having sex with the wife to be?! because she told you no until after she must have got you in a corner with all marriage stuff. seriously bro you acted like a freaking f00oL**here. If you know what's best for you don't go ahead until you fvck this dangerous liar/pretender.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2019
[s]
ZIMDRILL:

God is not found in church, church is just a
building where people get together and worship God, no pastor can bless a wedding those are just ceremonial or customs things humans do that make us think thats how God like it.

Remember what you call christianity is combination of roman traditional and stories of the Bible

right now a christian thinks that Christmas is special day for them, but christmas is not there in the bible, easter is there in bible but not as rememberance of dying of jesus but as festive period of ancient beliefs or celebration

those who are well researched know that a white wedding has nothing to do with God and the church, the two were later incoperated into 2 categories

1 as you can have a church wedding that can be administer by a pastor who has the license to marry you under the civil marriage

2 you can still marry in church under your beliefs of christanity but your marriage wont be civil marriage therefore your marriage was just a ceremonial

the bible has never said people should marry in church, it only say parents should bless your marriage, bless means acknowledging your marriage

the church marriage thing is a belief that christians think that marrying in church what God wants, God wants parents to approve of our marriage or accept our marriages which is meeting what parents request during the traditional ceremony

a normal african family would do the traditional wedding, be it dowry payment or lobola payment which is the acceptance of parents that out child is now married

by paying those things you are declaring to God and your parents that this is my wife. no one marries without doing traditional rites be it dowry payment or introduction thats step cant be left out

if the church wedding is important, why cant we do it first before the traditional one
[/s]

The Carnal Mind cannot Comprehend Spiritual Things....
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 10:02am On Nov 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

God bless you my brother for being resolute about righteousness like this. Chai, if only we had more single people who too Righteousness this steadfastly. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Righteousness89(m): 10:06am On Nov 01, 2019
kunleweb:

God bless you my brother for being resolute about righteousness like this. Chai, if only we had more single people who too Righteousness this steadfastly. embarassed

You are BLESSED my Brother
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by PrinceMario(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2019
Polyurethane:

Tradition my foot.
The girl is a good Christian, it's hard to see someone like her this days,
God only recognize White Wedding,
Traditional Wedding is not necessary in Christendom.
The Husband should have done the White Wedding first, he's foolish.
The WHITE GOWN is the symbol of virgin, purity.
The woman is not married as far as God is concern
Lol ... this one doesn’t know the white wedding is a traditional wedding for the west.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Onyeka Owenu song comes to mind....... If you love me, you go wait for me.............

Move the wedding forward. Would she still give you her cookie, if you conduct registry wedding?

Registry wedding in the eyes of the law, is legally acceptable than church wedding....

I hope she is truly a virgin, after all this months of waiting.... But after the deed is done, I hope you feel it would be worth the wait...... The worse lays are virgins...... cheesy
The registry wedding was actually the first that we did before the traditional wedding
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by kunleweb: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2019
igwegeorgiano:
The registry wedding was actually the first that we did before the traditional wedding

You can do a preliminary white wedding. And it doesn't cost much. Its as simple as a church service where a priest stands and declares blessings over the wedding. Worse case scenario 50-80-100-150k this can be done. If you have fears send her back home summon a meeting with her people stating the current issue puts you at a disadvantaged position and you feel insecure and would like them to dig to the root of the matter. This is the right way of doing things.
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Nov 01, 2019
igwegeorgiano:

My Oga, you are married legally..... She is been completely unreasonable............

Assuming you do not conduct church wedding for 25 years..... You would be kept waiting.......

I can smell trouble ahead.........
Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by farady(m): 11:24am On Nov 01, 2019
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]

This is the summary of everything. So long as the carnal mind view this topic from the physical point of view, the argument will go till Jesus comes. Let's leave them to argue. In next 6months to one year, someone or the OP will open another thread to start complaining.
Una dooh oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Insists No Sex Until Wedding Night Even After Our Traditional Wedding by midnighter(f): 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
Daree88:

Lols

Amen!
Thank you very much my friend.

You are welcome

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Parents How Will You Feel If You Come Back Home & Meet Your Children Like This? / When your maid becomes the madam. / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.