Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets (28038 Views)

Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets / Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure / Border Closure: Ogoja Rice To Hit Market With Reduced Price At N14,000 Per 50-kg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Topmaike007(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2019
smile11s:
If we don’t have okporoko, then what is soup?
b4 importation of stock fish what was our grand parent using to cook soup?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:18am On Nov 03, 2019
merits:

You are bless for this write up.i don't know why people are not supporting this border closure so that we can grow our own local products.
Gullible propaganda by mumu media
God buhari,God bless Nigeria.

If growing local products is border closure is d justification 4 border closure, then air and seaports also need to be closed. Or is it made in Nigerian products that are imported thru d air and sea ports? Meanwhile, where's buhari right now? What is it that he is doing in London that he can't do in Nigeria?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 03, 2019
Myde4naija:
sane countries import what they can't produce, in our case all junks are imported
There is nothing you can produce to satisfy public demand in this country
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:22am On Nov 03, 2019
Bluetooth2:

It’s because most of those food and other products are on the CBN list of banned items which made the importers to pass through the land borders since the ECOWAS Protocol guarantees free movement of persons and goods.

Does free movement mean that there are no customs officers to screen items at d land borders? Pls what exactly is d job of d Nigerian customs services? Are there no attempts to bring in banned items thru d air and sea ports?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Mcreloaded(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2019
englishmart:
Border closure causes lack of form for Manchester United
No wonder
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:23am On Nov 03, 2019
awwfar:
uncle ITk we don see say u are really smart... dumbass

But he said d truth. Can u farm stock fish in Nigeria?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Kayharry(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2019
Stockfish was used to cure kwashiorkor during the civil war.

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2019
jaxxy:

All I know is Nigerians have become very lazy in many self reliant areas of the economy. How can we be dependent on other people for almost everything even what we eat? Rice and now stock fish. Soon tomato’s and onions.

Nigeria has become like a careless and carefree wife who can’t cook so wud rather go to the eatery to feed her family.

There shud be control and balanced trade for the economy to grow. Those importing these products as their businesses why can’t they source it locally? Must the local agriculture suffer because of their importation business?

It’s like how Pdp govts wudnt let Nepa be great and sabotage it so they can continue importing generators for Nigerians. In the long run the country suffers greatly.

Pls where is buhari right now?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2019
nototribalist:

Which kind free trade. We've been warning about foreign regions using smaller African countries as conduit to flood our market with products.

Africans risk their life in the Mediterranean Sea just to go work in a poultry house. Meanwhile frozen chicken are being sold to us in Africa.

Why can't people start fish and poultry farms, Africa have the land mass that are so empty waiting for it's citizens to start something. But no, we want the easy way out

Of d fish and poultry farms, which one have u opened?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2019
netpro:
Instead of wailing, this should motivate folks to venture into Agric business like Fishing.

Have u ventured into agric business like fishing?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2019
LazyGold:
Go into fish farming

Our border remain close

Have u done that urself?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by GoldHorse(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2019
MoIbrahim:
BABA HAS CREATED BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

My brother, it's not called change o. It's called BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY GALORE. While we are here grumbling, some sharp people are already investing more in fish farming and poultry and will make millions in our very own eyes while we are praying upandan for business opportunities to come.

Meanwhile, to all Bubu haters...

No mind dem! Ask any of these big farms in Nigeria. They are quietly smiling to the bank. Zartech for example has double their poultry production.

Leave them make dem dey wail as usual.

With just 600k you can get a rice destoning machine. Open shop close to any of these rice producing communities, buy from them process it and bag in 1kg packaging. Put fancy label and sell at affordable prices. Money go flow into your account. It's all these Hausa boys making money on sales of local rice now o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by netpro(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Have u ventured into agric business like fishing?

I am doing well in my field. I am in Tech. Have you ever heard me complain about price of food?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2019
MoIbrahim:
BABA HAS CREATED BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

My brother, it's not called change o. It's called BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY GALORE. While we are here grumbling, some sharp people are already investing more in fish farming and poultry and will make millions in our very own eyes while we are praying upandan for business opportunities to come.

Meanwhile, to all Bubu haters...

When will buhari close d border and airports to his London trips to create opportunities 4 Nigerian hospitals? By d way, where's buhari right now?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by nototribalist: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2019
Hoephase:

How many fish farm and poultry do you have?
I have both, go and open yours, wicked smugglers like you go suffer

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by remi1444: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Sure
done.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:34am On Nov 03, 2019
netpro:

I am doing well in my field. I am in Tech. Have you ever heard me complain about price of food?

Whether u complain about price of food or not isn't my problem. What's wrong if u farm? Does being in IT prevent u from farming?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2019
GoldHorse:

No mind dem! Ask any of these big farms in Nigeria. They are quietly smiling to the bank. Zartech for example has double their poultry production.

Leave them make dem dey wail as usual.

With just 600k you can get a rice destoning machine. Open shop close to any of these rice producing communities, buy from them process it and bag in 1kg packaging. Put fancy label and sell at affordable prices. Money go flow into your account. It's all these Hausa boys making money on sales of local rice now o.

In all these things u have said, which one have u done?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by ZombieTERROR: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2019
jesmond3945:
look at this one. you are waiting for norway to give you what is in your backyard.

Our backyard?
Lol... Go and get it then..

We have depleted our eco system bro.. With nothing to add or show
Very soon.. Even snakes will be extinct here
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Myde4naija(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

There is nothing you can produce to satisfy public demand in this country
that's the point a little force is needed to compel people to consume what we have produced.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Bighead9: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2019
micgray100:
Is this the change we all voted for?

I need someone to explain to me the benefit of closure so far.. As it not cause more hardship on a common man?.. All items have increased in prices... I am still waiting to see the positive side of this govt..

I register Limited Liability Company with CAC for just 75k.. See commendation from fellow nairalanders on my trend.
call or watsapp 0703 272 8941

Yes, it's the change you voted for.

Una too dey complain.

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by tomdon(m): 10:39am On Nov 03, 2019
noble71:
Nigerians can complain for Africa!!!
Price of rice has increased! Yes! Why not go into agriculture and make millions.
There is stock fish scarcity why not go into fish farming and make millions.
They will complain that unemployment rate has increased but I see lots of opportunities to make money in this closed border.
China developed because their government ban importation of many things.
I support this border closure! It's just that the timing was wrong.

Banning importation without incentives to from government is not good.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by eneyoduke(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2019
The coming of Atiku will make all close doors open.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by netpro(m): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Whether u complain about price of food or not isn't my problem. What's wrong if u farm? Does being in IT prevent u from farming?

I grew up participating in family farms. I have my focus now. I have friends who are into family (not large-scale) and they doing fine.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2019
netpro:

I grew up participating in family farms. I have my focus now. I have friends who are into family (not large-scale) and they doing fine.

I didn't ask u about ur family history and I didn't ask about their jobs. What I asked is Does being in IT prevent u from farming?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

Does free movement mean that there are no customs officers to screen items at d land borders? Pls what exactly is d job of d Nigerian customs services? Are there no attempts to bring in banned items thru d air and sea ports?

It’s not about the Customs. Every trade agreement must be fair and the whole of West Africa has taken advantage over Nigeria. The USA has good customs yet it’s still rewriting all trade agreement that has put her in an unfair advantage.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2019
Bluetooth2:

It’s not about the Customs. Every trade agreement must be fair and the whole of West Africa has taken advantage over Nigeria. The USA has good customs yet it’s still rewriting all trade agreement that has put her in an unfair advantage.

If its not about customs then what is it about? When d US was rewriting its trade agreements, did it close its borders in d process? U simply didn't answer d questions I asked

"Does free movement mean that there are no customs officers to screen items at d land borders? Pls what exactly is d job of d Nigerian customs services? Are there no attempts to bring in banned items thru d air and sea ports"?
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by netpro(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2019
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u about ur family history and I didn't ask about their jobs. What I asked is Does being in IT prevent u from farming?

Guy stop tearing your boxers, no be fight.

Move on. You sound like someone with anger problem.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 03, 2019
jesmond3945:
yes it is called food sufficiency. We hurt our economy when we import so much. Look at arable land scattered everywhere. Even in oguta lake, the quality of fish farmed there is unbelievable. Youths are very lazy and thats the danger of laziness, it makes you not to see opportunity when it comes.
People on nairaland make it seems as if there are only rich or privilege people in Nigeria? Some people work all day just to feed.where can they get funds to start anything? Life is not just black and white as you guys seems to think.not all jobless guys are lazy

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Originalsly: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2019
Hmmmm......I just don't agree the border shouod be closed..... Nigeria is losing revenue. It should be tightly patrolled and every effort made to prevent smuggling. Laws should be updated to have smugglers goods and vehicles confiscated.... heavy mandatory fines like N1M plus 10 times the street value of the goods ..... plus imprisonment...3 months minimum. Rice...stockfish....tomato products.... allow them all to be imported.....but let the tariff be like murder.
It took yearsss for.the anything from abroad is better mentality to enter our DNA..... it would be a battle to get it out.
How foolish can we be?.... all fired up and ready to go to war because we can't get imported rotten fish to buy. RIP in advance to those who will die of HBP or due to a deficiency of stockfish. May your loved ones bury you out at sea.
Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by lexy2014: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2019
netpro:

Guy stop tearing your boxers, no be fight.

Move on. You sound like someone with anger problem.

U have deviated from d discussion just like u have been doing all along. Don't worry about my boxers. They are intact. Does being in IT prevent u from farming?

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Causes Stock Fish Scarcity In Nigerian Markets by Prymestrr(m): 10:59am On Nov 03, 2019
jesmond3945:
go into fish farming simple
Do you farm stockfish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How to Make Kidney Beans Sauce (Pictures, Video) / See The Carrots & Onions I Bought For N400 In Asaba This Morning (Photos) / Amazing Gigantic Wedding Cake (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.