Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ (46034 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / My Girlfriend Cheated Yet I Want To Continue With The Relationship / Be Honest: Why Are You Not Married Yet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by ImaIma1(f): 7:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
pappy2000:
I really dont want to brak her sister heart because she has spent her money n energy to make this realtionship work but now my wife is just irrational. I told her its a step at a time but she insisit i should do all, she is asking for phone i must her a new set of chair and do proper wedding all at once, she even suggested i should sell my car n buy okada

Hope the sister doesn't become the head of your family.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by galadima77(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
Guy if you let the things women say sink into your heart, you'd only have yourself to blame. Do what you can and free your mind.
You're a man, so act like one!

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Beatswim: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
kannymoore:

Oga...

Rahab was a hoe!

By all intents and purposes, she isn't supposed to be one of the only three women mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus Christ.
But hey.. she's there.

Ditto Ruth... Who isn't an Israelite.. she's from Moab.. an unholy people. A people God himself abhorred his people from marrying.. yet surprise-surprise... She's also mentioned as one of Jesus's human ancestors.

These two people I mentioned both married Israelites. And if by going be your "holiness"
doctrine, had VERY faulty foundations yet God approved their marriages and even ALLOWED them become ancestors of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And yet, you still think virginity is a prime factor in holy matrimony?!

Omo.. you're still sitting on a long thing.
The reality is that if one accepts the Bible as a book of God, when it does not make perfect sense and contradictions threaten to confound, the reader has two choices: either God’s character or the reader’s understanding of God’s character is a little misguided. In line with the latter, my thoughts have led me to acknowledge that there are divers possibilities as to why Rahab the harlot may have stood out in Canaan.Note that sexual sin is not the only point of discrepancy in the story. If the story is read in the context of the Deuteronomistic history (as opposed to simply reading it as a portion of the Joshua story), then there is seemingly more at stake. In Deuteronomy the Israelites are given two specific commands in regard to seven great nations, including the Canaanites: “Thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them” (Deuteronomy 7:2). It is interesting then, that as soon as the spies get inside the walls of Jericho, they proceed to enter into an oath with a Canaanite (violating part two of the commandment). The irony, of course, is that it is an oath that essentially swears that they will not utterly destroy Canaan (violating part one of the commandment).But the essence of the story comes in the recognition that the text is significantly less interested in the harlot-ness of Rahab and far more concerned with what comes across as palpable faith. Both Paul and James refer to Rahab as an example of faith, giving her a place in their discourse among Hebrew men such as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Paul writes, “By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace” (Hebrews 11:31; see also James 2:25... I will advise u to study the word well before using it to twist the minds of babes in Christianity...
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by meobizy(f): 8:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
Is this not the same guy who claimed he was hunted in Malawi? A happy200 troll. Mscheew. I bet it’s the same dude. I’m off to the next thread.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Duru009(m): 8:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Well, I can't say. The op is even making a mistake taking money from the bride's sister. Haba. Let's have dignity abeg

Only TIME will tell.....
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by chubbyG(m): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2019
pappy2000:
I really dont want to brak her sister heart because she has spent her money n energy to make this realtionship work but now my wife is just irrational. I told her its a step at a time but she insisit i should do all, she is asking for phone i must her a new set of chair and do proper wedding all at once, she even suggested i should sell my car n buy okada

Is thus behavior new?
Or she has been demanding ever since?
Stop this attitude before it escalates, have a discussion with her, pour your hearts if she doesn't agree with you, pause the wedding.
What will happen will happen.
No-one deserves to marry Sad.

Show her this thread.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
pappy2000:

i mentioned this to her loving sister but she insist that the wedding should continue that things will get better.
Divorce her and marry the loving sister

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by extremelygolden: 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
0KNM:

Bro, I have dropped my own advice; quit now when you can. A failed relationship is better than failed marriage

He said they are already legally married in court. I pray he finds a way out of the situation.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by madamgrace: 11:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
pappy2000:
This is alady that I go on my knees when she visit me that I promise to worship her for the rest of my life, I told her I am ready to give her 50k out of my salary'yet she said that is not enough that she wants to open a shop , I am just damn tired her delivery date is April yet last week she told me she went to see a doctor to plead with him to evacuate the pregnancy
What manner of man are you

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by MarianaTrench: 8:11am On Nov 09, 2019
pappy2000:

How can I get out of this nightmare

The nightmare has not even started!

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by osazsky(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2019
Until I hear her side I will not comment, most men and women like to play d pity game even when they know that they are d prob

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by osazsky(m): 9:14am On Nov 09, 2019
madamgrace:

d tin weak me,matured in age but sorry to say still behaves like a kid, ,,,this one is neither here nor there,na d girl family they push am,that is y they are d ones spending,he saw an opportunity,to get a car and get married little did he know he was getting into a mess,I pitty him,d more he remains undecided the deeper mess he gets into

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by yeyeosoronga: 9:31am On Nov 09, 2019
pappy2000:
i wish i am still single the truth is that i explained everything to her and i told her how much i earn now i am pay 45% loan on the car, should i cancel the wedding or i continue

Why did you start planning a wedding when you know you can't afford one? You should have not pressurised yourself into marriage. You should have let her know you can only do the court for now, and you guys will work together towards a more elaborate one.
You gave your word you would do a traditional or big wedding, so why are you complaining now? Meanwhile, Kogi traditional weddings are usually simple occasions and can be done in the compound of the bride's family. Skip the church wedding for now.
She's pregnant and planning a wedding at the same time, so she would be irritable and stressed out about no money matters when there are many expenses to sort out.
. And don't forget a baby is coming, and that's another huge expense on you people. Start preparing for your baby please, save enough for possible CS or eventualities that can come up during labour. Buy baby things.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Skmoda360(m): 10:55am On Nov 09, 2019
LyfeJennings:

U that U are not wicked
Give him Ur advice
Women don't stay with struggling men
It might be happening but I never see am
I knew that but he is just acting because of his current predicament which he needs to shake off and be a man.....he should have save some money from his salary before proposing a wedding...but you are adding more salt to the injury.....advise with caution and suggest solution not adding more fuel to the fire.

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 10:56am On Nov 09, 2019
From everything written here u should have opted out.

From all you have written she is from a rich home. If u continue onto the reln I will know u only want to marry her for her family wealth .

Dont be their houseboy!
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 10:58am On Nov 09, 2019
osazsky:
d tin weak me,matured in age but sorry to say still behaves like a kid, ,,,this one is neither here nor there,na d girl family they push am,that is y they are d ones spending,he saw an opportunity,to get a car and get married little did he know he was getting into a mess,I pitty him,d more he remains undecided the deeper mess he gets into
as in and the way he types this with confidence is beyond me. He shouldnt turn to their houseboy instead of husband
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 10:59am On Nov 09, 2019
madamgrace:

dont mind him. The girl isnt a fool. Wait for this one to have money.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2019
pappy2000:
some people are not getting the full story i am an orphan, secondly i am still working
out of 900k for d wedding, u bring only 70k yet if they say all men stand up u will?

H
Why force marriage when broke? U dont know how to use condom ba?

Your sense of entitlement is very irritating. She should reason with u. Did they force u?

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 11:12am On Nov 09, 2019
Funkybabee:

is not childish ooo.

he's l@zy, fo0l and we@k man.

I just pity the lady that has trapped her life into his ministry
very lazy. Thinking the sis will still support after wedding
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by djon78(m): 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
gerizzim:

Thot I was the only one dat captured it

My brother that's general rule of life, not just relationships only.
We despise unattractive things, but in them lies blessings, favor, prosperity and good well being.
Its a truth I discovered
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by LyfeJennings(m): 1:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
Skmoda360:

I knew that but he is just acting because of his current predicament which he needs to shake off and be a man.....he should have save some money from his salary before proposing a wedding...but you are adding more salt to the injury.....advise with caution and suggest solution not adding more fuel to the fire.

Ok sir
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Love892(m): 2:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
djon78:

My brother that's general rule of life, not just relationships only.
We despise unattractive things, but in them lies blessings, favor, prosperity and good well being.
Its a truth I discovered
story. Everything isnt bible u hear? Faith n work go together.

Tomorrow he will write on nl frontpage my wife isn't respecting me, u will still quote bible
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by 2buffagain(m): 3:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
pappy2000:
I need to start this write up that i met this lady early this year and i had another lady who from my analysis is not so much in love with me so when i finally met this lady, she was everything i desire in a woman, so we started dating and from dating i went to see her sister in Abuja then from Abuja i went to kogi to meet her parent.

I met her family late June 2019. So I work in a blue chip company with a salary of little more than 100k so but i realized the salary won't make me live my dream life so i took a loan from gtbank to buy a car and use for e hailing.

My fiancee was so much supportive that she on her own decided to add like 200k fund so i bought a toyota matix.

So when I gave out the car the people i gave it to were all misbehaving so i decided that i will drive the car, she was so cool and nice that she will do everything at my beck n call.

Now when i went to meet her sister in Abuja her sister insists that we should pick a date meanwhile in may when we were marking her birthday, she told me how sad she was due to the fact that she was marking her birthday and she is getting younger so i promise her then that we will marry this year. I told her in Novermber so we finally settle for a date and the sister spent her money.

Unfortunately for me things were not as i planned in the uber biz, i need a few repair here and then. Now we got days left to wedding and she has been very irrational. She is pregnant for me, each time she visits me, i will beg her, na the cry and cry. How I truly want a happy home.

There is nothing "irrational" about her behavior. It's actually understandable.
Na you dey Bleep up.
Of course she feels used. You set wedding date with a woman, but it's not looking like you are going to come through.

Add to the fact that you have also done the stupid thing of giving her belle, if you were to cast her now, na she go loose for una matter. So she is just finally applying logic to the matter, and logic demands she be wary and somewhat angry.

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by djon78(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2019
Love892:
story. Everything isnt bible u hear? Faith n work go together.

Tomorrow he will write on nl frontpage my wife isn't respecting me, u will still quote bible

Mr man you don't just start quoting something you have no clue about.
You just jump into a conversation without understanding the root.
The person I replied understand where I am coming from

Your reply is completely off point
I wasn't addressing you in the first place
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Funkybabee(f): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
Love892:
very lazy. Thinking the sis will still support after wedding

I pity the said wife
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by PattyMike(m): 11:44am On Nov 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Hope the sister doesn't become the head of your family.
LMAO. You sef notice
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by DaBogu: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by pappy2000: 10:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
thanks everyone for your advice. i know i truly bleeped up but hey what can i do
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Damdammy: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
chigoizie7:
Why get married to divorce later?

This life is also too precious to go and die anyhow. But the truth is nothing comes easy.

Since you are this suicidal even when you never enter the marriage. Bros, my advice is, don’t go ahead with the marriage. And before you cancel the whole engagement, please I want you to make up your mind first, then go to that her sister and tell her what has been happening and why you do not want to go ahead with the marriage, then walk away. If she wants to terminate the child, na her business.

Most people see signs of toxic marriages early enough, yet they dabble into it, it is not wise

READ THIS POST AND FOLLOW SUIT!.
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
Y

1 Like

Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by pappy2000: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2019
buy my laptop to support my wedding bro nan sister. I need to sell this laptop today, thanks if u are in lagos its just 25k , 4Gb 500 Gb hard disk
Re: I Am Getting Married Yet I Am In So Much Pain/ by ThatPetiteChic: 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
Update us bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / 8 Ways Responsible Ladies Advertise Themselves To Men / Two Nairalanders Set To Wed! See Their Pre-wedding Pix.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.