Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:56 AM

Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? (22697 Views)

This Person Sounds Like Me. / Here's Why The Heaven And Hell Message Now Sounds Like A Joke. / What Nigerian Tribe Or Language Does "Nebuchadnezzar" Sounds Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
I put my trust on the finished work of JESUS. I can't put my trust my own work.

Perhaps Simon the sorcerer never did the same smiley

All these talk of trust, faith and grace is futile if one’s heart is not right with God.
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by malvisguy212: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
OkCornel:

Perhaps Simon the sorcerer never did the same smiley
is it wrong to put my trust on the finished work of our savior ?
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 11:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
is it wrong to put my trust on the finished work of our savior ?

Absolutely not. But it becomes an issue when there are no fruits to show for it.

We can trust all we want, but if one’s lifestyle is not consistent with their confessions of Jesus whom they claim to follow, hypocrisy and lip service is what happens.

And Jesus said, “why call me Lord, but do not do the things I say”
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 11:35pm On Nov 14, 2019
Luke 6 v 46-49;

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Jesus wants practical followers, not theoreticians paying lip service to Him, while their hearts are still deeply enmeshed in their fleshly desires.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by malvisguy212: 11:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
OkCornel:

Absolutely not. But it becomes an issue when there are no fruits to show for it.

We can trust all we want, but if one’s lifestyle is not consistent with their confessions of Jesus whom they claim to follow, hypocrisy and lip service is what happens.

And Jesus said, “why call me Lord, but do not do the things I say”
you are just expanding the argument here bro. how can you trust God when your lifestyle is inconsistent with the truth ? does it even make sense ? every sane Christian will know you are an hypocrite.
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
you are just expanding the argument here bro. how can you trust God when your lifestyle is inconsistent with the truth ? does it even make sense ? every sane Christian will know you are an hypocrite.

Hahahaha, how am I a hypocrite for speaking the raw truth you don’t want to hear?

Please remind me again, did Simon the sorcerer not believe in Jesus? Was he not baptised?

Despite all of these, he was scolded by Peter for entertaining foolish thoughts in his heart which pushed him to offer money to get the Holy Spirit. In summary, his heart was not right with God...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 11:48pm On Nov 14, 2019
malvisguy212:

Per the bolded, are you in anyway implying “sane Christians” can not live a lifestyle Jesus expects of them? Hmmm?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2019
malvisguy212:
you have a serious problem of comprehension, when the Bible say believed on the Lord JESUS Christ and you will be save, what are we believing ? in our work ? or the WORK OF JESUS ? salvation is DONE, FINISHED, ACCOMPLISHED . salvation is NOT DOING, we don't have to work to get saved. the work of our salvation has already been done.

the criminal that was crucified with JESUS, did he work to get saved ? wasn't he the worst ? which work did he do that warrant Paradise ? GOD grace is able to save the worst men IF they BELIEVE on JESUS Christ. thus, the criminal believed and was saved.

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends
of the earth: for I am God, and there is none
else." (Isaiah 45:22)
You have a serious problem with interpretation. That's why when Jesus says believe, you interpret it to be something else other than what He meant.

What Jesus meant by belief that leads to salvation which can be gotten from other sayings of His concerning salvation is not devoid of works.

If you don't obey what Jesus says or repent from your iniquities and wicked ways, Jesus made it very clear that you would not be able to get salvation. And you very well know this but you've chosen to stick with your wrong interpretation of what it means to "believe" according to Jesus.

Your idea that the worst get saved is a very big lie from the pit of hell, for you are speaking of their past and not their present before they saved. The criminal on the cross worked to get saved for he truly repented of his sins and true repentance is work.

Did you hear what he said to the other criminal? Do you know that he defended Jesus on the cross? Is that not work? That's what distinguished him from the other criminal who wasn't saved.

Jesus would not judge you by His own works finished works, but according to your own works. You also know this Truth yet you choose continue in this error.

I know when you got this error from, it's from Apostle Paul's teachings and this is the greatest error that he made which has made many to continue in sin, and sent many to hell.

That's why after saying it, he had to ask "shall we continue on sin that grace may abound?" Because that erroneous teaching of grace without works made people to continued in their iniquity, and is the same idea that church leaders as that one I mentioned and many Christians are yet using to justify their atrocities and sins, for they think in error that grace does all the work for their salvation just as you do, so they don't have to do anything.

Jesus never gave such an idea of salvation of grace without works, that's why He didn't have such a problem where people would be committing evil in the name of grace in His church, because they very knew they had to work righteousness otherwise they won't be saved. Even Apostle Paul had to work for him to be saved.

This is the last I would engage you on this matter, and the fact that you admitted that work is needed however you tried to dress it, shows in spite of your denial shows you also know that works is needed for salvation otherwise tell me what else?

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 15, 2019
OkCornel:
Luke 6 v 46-49;

46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Jesus wants practical followers, not theoreticians paying lip service to Him, while their hearts are still deeply enmeshed in their fleshly desires.
Lol!

You're a hypocrite for saying what Jesus said then and would have said now if He were here?

We all know who the true hypocrites are. Those who want to continue in their iniquity in the name of grace.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by OkCornel(m): 12:04am On Nov 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
Lol!

You're a hypocrite for saying what Jesus said then and would have said now if He were here?

We all know who the true hypocrites are. Those who want to continue in their iniquity in the name of grace.

I tire for them o.

One of them even said any “sane Christian” will see me as a hypocrite.

Oh well, maybe these “sane Christians” are those that believe in Jesus with their lips, while their heart and lifestyle clearly shows they believe in something different.

Actions they say, speaks louder than words.
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2019
malvisguy212:
in Hebrew 12:2 the Bible say JESUS is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of our Faith. when you look at your Faith you get discouraged, even the disciples who walk with JESUS ,on many occasion JESUS address there faith as " o ye of little Faith" This is what usually happens as we get our eyes off the Lord and onto our own weak and frail faith, our own work .

But God never told us to look at our faith for assurance of salvation. He never told us to look at our own life and our own good works or lack of good works. No, God tells us to be "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our Faith".

my Faith is weak, but my Saviour is STRONGER. The question is not, "How good is my faith?" The question is not, "How good is my walk?" But rather the questions is, "How good is my Saviour?" The question is not, "Am I believing?" but rather it is, "IN WHOM am I
believing and in what direction am I looking?"
Instead of desperately searching our deceitful
hearts trying to find faith, we need to joyfully
search God's Word looking to find Christ.
right, faith is just a means not an end in itself. Faith is the means through which we recieve God's promise. Faith means we trust the saviour completely as the one who died for us and is raised up from the dead for our justification, through faith we recieve his life, we are new creation in him no longer ruled by sin neither is there condemnation to us that are in christ who walked not in the flesh but in the Spirit, not fashioning ourself after the image of the old man but we fashion ourself after christ beholding his glory as in a glass whereby we are be transformed from glory to glory by his spirit until christ comes to receive the purchase redemption. We place our attention on the finished work of christ on the cross and his work in us , working out what God worked in us hence perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Re: Which Of These Two Sounds Like Good News To You? by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 15, 2019
OkCornel:

I tire for them o.

One of them even said any “sane Christian” will see me as a hypocrite.

Oh well, may these “sane Christians” are those that believe in Jesus with their lips, while their heart and lifestyle clearly shows they believe in something different.

Actions they say, speaks louder than words.
Of course you know what he means by sane christians, those who believe the grace of hell fire, that they can continue to be committing all kind of atrocities and still be saved.

It's easy to see why the road to salvation is a narrow way, because the road of such grace which many would rather believe than the Truth leads to destruction.

God bless you bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Life After Death? / Why Are Ladies Uncovering Their Heads In Church Nowadays / CAN General Secretary, Musa Asake, Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.