Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo (80854 Views)

Can You Marry An Ex Hook Up Girl If She Changed? / Ladies: 10 Reasons Why You Should Educate Your Man About Your "Ovulation Period" / Lady About To Marry An Uber Driver She 'Toasted' After He picked her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by ohonyema: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2019
Please there is nothing like osu again because Christ has paid the price.we are made whole if all iniquities.everybody is the same before the Lord.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by golddust6000(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2019
OSU cast has been abolish since 2012.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Jabioro: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
It is better for the OP to hug the nearest transformer..so that he knows that there is nothing like OSU anymore.. Stewwwpid!..I love your dad and your sister both of them are hero..
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Let's end this Osu caste thingy please. The way killing of twins was abolished this can also be abolished. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by brandon2009: 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
yeye leave ur sis to reach 40 b4 she get married...abeg kudos to her jo....
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by chemberlin(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
RoyalBlu:
Osu in 2019

Even the ancestors have moved on.

She'll be fine.
Honestly, you made my Sunday.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by toscolee(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
You see am, and the west abolished slavery o, but the stigma continued in Africa.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Kenturkey048(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2019
Mindfulness:
Your sister is a hero. She has my blessings too. You people should try and live in the 21st century. Kuddos to your dad as well.
May God bless you abundantly this Sunday morning for this your comment...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Turantula(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2019
This will always be a dent on us! Ja bless d dad

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Jamesline007(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2019
Idiat! Big one
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by newmoney133: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2019
Some areas in igboland have abolished it while some still hold on to it.I know a village where the elders gathered and agreed for them to put a stop to it.When the Eze daughter brought an Osu home he refused to allow them marry.That was how they went back to their vomit.Some of our cultures in Africa are Good while some are unfair.Please the youth should learn to speak out when they go for village meetings.Let keep raising those topics in our meetings.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by StandardJohn(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2019
Anonymous29:
have always heard 'osu' even in movies. But I have never come to understand it. Please what makes one an osu?

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by amagugm: 8:52am On Nov 24, 2019
See how already ashamed and hurt you feel even before you are made or tagged an Osu because of your sister's action. With that, just imagine how those other people you tag Osu feel every day of their lives

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Voy(m): 8:52am On Nov 24, 2019
I never read reach the 10th line buh I say make I drop my own advice

U said its a 7 (seven) years relationship and I wan blv say em go don “SAMANKWE” countless times; if only u knw the spiritual bond dat comes after sex

Based on tradition
If she eventually Marries d guy, The word OSU will be established in ur fam and y’all will be regarded as an outcast and not an outlawz

Still on still! this osu thang, our ppl sabi hype am 100%.
We are all humans for crying out loud

Is dis guy an outcast before God?

Cmon!!!
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by barcelona147: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2019
Nwanne how come you brought this here when you know in Igbo land OSU people plenty thank God none of my sisters made that useless mistake osu is osu period no body should quote bible for me how Jesus died for my sins here oooo

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by newmoney133: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Let's end this Osu caste thingy please. The way killing of twins was abolished this can also be abolished. undecided
I feel We can achieve it.The problem is that we tend to look away if an issue is not directly affecting us
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Awoo88: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2019
Stupid people every where. Tomorrow this type will complain about Fulani dominance and white imperialism. Thurder fire you and that your culture. Labelling another human an outcast.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by PeacenLove2: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
Self-imposed incarceration. Your perception is your choice, OP. Congrats to your sister.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by barcelona147: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
GOD bless you too fellow
Turantula:
This will always be a dent on us! Ja bless d dad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Listar(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
The Speed and anger with which OP used in posting shit, she thought by now everybody be applauding and praising her, otherwise we would've been seen her adding more salt to those that would be commenting in her favour, but she just disappear.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by MisterChairman(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2019
rubbish post from a stupid and an idiotic human being .. God will bless and protect your sister from shame
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by fairchuks: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2019
I advice you tell your sister not to enter that marriage... you might claim this is 21st century... the truth of the matter is .... still exist... if your sister wants to become an outcast no problem... but let her know that her offspring will automatically become one... to before warn is to before harm... i rest my case...
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by myk2mic: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2019
pickatyou:

My sister ignorance is what they have.
Funny enough I am not a superstitious person or even too religious, but being from mbaise I have watch how it manifested on a family and eliminated them all because they got greedy and married a rich OSU, even the innocent children where not spared.

Pls kindly tell us wat manifested , I have family members who married osu pple ,ND nothing happened. I am mbaise too, all this stories of "things happening" is wat has kept this silly tradition alive, even so called Christian's that proclaim God as their one true God are not left out of the madness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Aboguede(m): 8:57am On Nov 24, 2019
Bros your father has chosen for him self and his entire family including you.

If you are comfortable with it kindly discuss with your family.

I have also seen families where a son separates from his father due to opinion.

By the way if you must know the truth

Osu is a and non osu is like two different parties and it is in every nations of the world.

Your father knows more than you

Maybe you people have already no I ed the osu party long time without you knowledge and that is why your father have ur sister his blessing just to make it clear to people like you who did not know before now.

TheSkyIsBlue:
My Sister Is About To Commit A Serious Taboo All In The Name Of Marriage

Hello Nairalanders!

Please ignore any typographical or grammatical error. I just want to pour it out the way it is in my heart.

I am seriously confused and worried about what is happening in my family and I will appreciate your candid advice.

There is this guy my sister has been in a relationship with for over seven years now. so he actually asked her hand in marriage and decided to come see my parents for introduction, about some months ago. My family decided to take their time to find out more about the guys family background as is required in Igbo tradition.

After several questions asked, my family came to find out that the guy is an Osu (an outcast). On knowing this, everybody in my family told my sister to cut ties with him and discontinue the relationship because it is a big taboo to get married to an Osu in my place . If you do, no family member or friend will attend your wedding or even have anything to do with you again.

But my sister refused to listen to anybody claiming she really loves the guy, that they have been together for a very long time and that she is not getting younger anymore (mind you, she is in her early thirties). Everybody (my parents and extended family members) tried to talk her out of it but she still didn't listen.

After much pressure and her continues insistence, my dad decided to give them his blessings, although against his wish (my dad is actually not really deep into tradition). Now the guy has done all the traditional rights and paid for her dowry. Their wedding is coming up soon.

But the problem now is, according to tradition and from what I heard, if she was allowed to go with the guy without my dad giving them his blessings, the stigma would have just been on her and she alone would have been considered Osu, since she insisted to continue with the marriage. But now that my dad has given them his blessings, it is considered that all of us (her siblings) will also have that link of Osu too. Except if she decide to put an end to the relationship and discontinue with the wedding, which I don't think my sister is ready to do.

I am really worried and depressed about it, cause I don't want anything that will affect me tomorrow when I want to get married just because of my sister's mistakes.

I will really like to get opinions and sincere advice especially from those that are familiar with tradition, cause I'm seriously bothered. Thanks!

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Supernatural28(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2019
I support your sister, I love her courageous and brave heart. Come to think of it, why would u and you, your siblings and family members still have such local and outdated mentally huh?
I hope you an educated person and you're a Christian? If yes why are u and your family acting like local champions? For goodness sake we are in the 21th century and the thing osu no longer exist okay. It is dead and gone. So you and your entire familymembers should stop these premitive way of thinking.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by mormoney85(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2019
TheSkyIsBlue:
My Sister Is About To Commit A Serious Taboo All In The Name Of Marriage

Hello Nairalanders!

Please ignore any typographical or grammatical error. I just want to pour it out the way it is in my heart.

I am seriously confused and worried about what is happening in my family and I will appreciate your candid advice.

There is this guy my sister has been in a relationship with for over seven years now. so he actually asked her hand in marriage and decided to come see my parents for introduction, about some months ago. My family decided to take their time to find out more about the guys family background as is required in Igbo tradition.

After several questions asked, my family came to find out that the guy is an Osu (an outcast). On knowing this, everybody in my family told my sister to cut ties with him and discontinue the relationship because it is a big taboo to get married to an Osu in my place . If you do, no family member or friend will attend your wedding or even have anything to do with you again.

But my sister refused to listen to anybody claiming she really loves the guy, that they have been together for a very long time and that she is not getting younger anymore (mind you, she is in her early thirties). Everybody (my parents and extended family members) tried to talk her out of it but she still didn't listen.

After much pressure and her continues insistence, my dad decided to give them his blessings, although against his wish (my dad is actually not really deep into tradition). Now the guy has done all the traditional rights and paid for her dowry. Their wedding is coming up soon.

But the problem now is, according to tradition and from what I heard, if she was allowed to go with the guy without my dad giving them his blessings, the stigma would have just been on her and she alone would have been considered Osu, since she insisted to continue with the marriage. But now that my dad has given them his blessings, it is considered that all of us (her siblings) will also have that link of Osu too. Except if she decide to put an end to the relationship and discontinue with the wedding, which I don't think my sister is ready to do.

I am really worried and depressed about it, cause I don't want anything that will affect me tomorrow when I want to get married just because of my sister's mistakes.

I will really like to get opinions and sincere advice especially from those that are familiar with tradition, cause I'm seriously bothered. Thanks!

op if ur sister marries the osu guy what will happen, will someone die, if the say so have you seen it happen before , and if nothing is going to happen y r u disturbing your self the only thing i noticed here is that the guy in question, is not reach if he is as reach as e money u wouldn't be here asking us those questions
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by Olumeme: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2019
Blacks discriminate against themselves even more than Whites discriminate against them.

You can see his rubbish
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by SweetyZinta(f): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2019
Congratulations to your sister, she is a role model.

Kindly drop address of the reception, Nairalanders living close by cwn come and eat Osu rice! I wish to see more ladies breaking beautiful records.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by buJu234: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2019
OSU only comes in only wen a poor igbo man`s daughter wants to marry in lagos/East

but when a super rich igbo man`s daughter wants to marry in New-york/London (even Lagos) OSU just fly through the window!!!

i believe the fight against corruption should begin with our cultural transformation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by mikkycoins(m): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2019
francis5051:
bro am a confirm igbo man i know about that osu issue it occurred mainly in mbano imo state,there males hardly marry because of that osu problem that's why we have many rev.fathers from mbano, remember even Bible said we should not remove the landmark of the ancestors.your sister stupid love and ignorant is about putting your family and herself into trouble which which she may not come out easily..is beta she remain unmarried than to embark on that married..come to think of it is ur female sister now stronger than you or your father..why will your Dad bless the marriage initially...if your sister is too stubborn then use violence as a man and stop that marriage..I hate nonsense
They want to be rev fathers not because of Osu system. Btw the whole rev fathers in mbano can't match that of a single lga in mbaise. Does it mean mbaise people are osus?
Your accretion holds no water. Quoting bible passage to suit yourself.
Hope you still shake your seniors with both hands?
Hope no female member of your family eats gizzard?
Hope your brothers can inherit your Wife and possession when you pass away?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by flexmony1: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2019
My dear pardon my English too. I think you should be a traditionalist . In the spirit of Sunday and to sound spiritual let me tell you this. You were an Osu when Jesus came and died for you ba? Now u are no longer an Osu is anybody avoiding you? Even devil is not avoiding because you are important to him as well that is if you let him. My point is this. If Jesus has given you a model to follow in love why then you don't want to follow it. You are in serious danger and is hell bound if you claim you love God and hate your fellow human being or deprive them of the good things of life. Now humanly speaking if this guy is rich and wants to marry your sister watch the way your kinsmen will not completely take a stand because money is almost about to influence things that is if it has not already. As if somebody who is not an Osu is better of than the one who is. Let your sister go ahead and marry him if truly she is in love and please advice your village traditionalists to hold their peace because most times what we see as consequence of a thing is actually man made and will be tied to the Osu thereby making everybody believe it is because she is married to the Osu guy. Happy married life in advance to her.
Re: My Sister Is About To Marry An Osu Man, About To Commit A Serious Taboo by emapeteum(m): 9:02am On Nov 24, 2019
The writer of this piece is still living in the past. If you are a graduate, which am suspecting, then you are a big disappointment to your family. If a white man/woman could marry African even when their grandfathers had described as an ape, then how much a fellow black marrying black. Your sister is a light to that family, you can stay with your tradition and possibly become a voodoo devotee yourself in order to maintain the tradition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Canadian Lady With Huge Chest Claps Back At Those Who Asked Her To Wear Bra / Man Kneels To Propose To His Big Girlfriend. (Photos) / Michael B. Jordan Is People's Sexiest Man Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.