Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? (38312 Views)

How Do You Discipline Your Partner Without Physical Hitting Her / How Do You Break Up With A Girl Without Breaking Her Heart? My Story / My Girlfriend Confessed That She Cheated On Me And Begged To Be Forgiven. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

yes, i also blame parents who dont instill the proper values to their children... these same children that are obviously seriously lacking. how can a man just come and tell you any rubbish under the moon, and you just believe it, regardless of his ACTIONS?! these people are so damaged that they will put these cheating people's words "above" their unfaithful/deceitful actions, while their actions should be the ONLY thing that matters here.... because any sane person knows that a cheater's words are WORTHLESS the minute they are caught cheating.

we can clearly see from this thread that many Nigerian women/men are emotionally blinded and/or brainwashed while in relationship with people who obviously dont care about them. its very sad, and says a lot about how easy so many are tricked/defrauded/fooled in Nigeria. it seems like NOBODY uses their brain any longer.

it doesnt matter how much YOU love someone, if your partner doesnt love/respect you back equally, then you are simply wasting your life away.

Well .. where do I start? I think this isn't a Nigerian problem, first of all. I think this is a problem many women around the world have although Nigerian women seem to take the trophy when it comes to tolerating humiliation and disrespect. It seems many women love their men more than they love themselves. How do you teach people to love themselves enough? But I fully agree with you that actions speak louder than words. Words are nice but talk is cheap and must be in alignment with a person's actions. Women need to have standards and communicate them clearly. I don't want to sound like I am blaming the "victims" but it is a form of empowerment to understand what part they play in the abuse of trust and their dignity. How can anyone love someone who doesn't respect herself?

You have always been very clear on and strict with infidelity issues. I applaud you for that.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by hansomb: 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
I think it's better to marry a repented prostutute and not having knowledge of it than to marry a virgin and then having doubts of her cheating on you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by emsheddy(m): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
Omotaday:
She will still cheat again. Trust me.

She has seen your weakness.

Lolzzzzzz no be only weakness. I do not regret forgiving her. Neither do I even make reference to it during lil quarrels.
And yes, she knows she is gone for good if it happens again. My forgiving her isn't a sign of weakness. Bros I be person wey dey counsel folks on relationship matters. No be today
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Mindfulness:

Well .. where do I start? I think this isn't a Nigerian problem, first of all. I think this is a problem many women around the world have although Nigerian women seem to take the trophy when it comes to tolerating humiliation and disrespect. It seems many women love their men more than they love themselves. How do you teach people to love themselves enough? But I fully agree with you that actions speak louder than words. Words are nice but talk is cheap and must be in alignment with a person's actions. Women need to have standards and communicate them clearly. I don't want to sound like I am blaming the "victims" but it is a form of empowerment to understand what part they play in the abuse of trust and their dignity. How can anyone love someone who doesn't respect herself?

You have always been very clear on and strict with infidelity issues. I applaud you for that.

you are right that it isnt a Nigerian problem, but i believe that due to how Nigerian/African women are desperate for marriage, they'd rather hate on one another than empower one another. many gladly overlook these men's infidelity (and blaming other women) while focusing on becoming Mrs at any cost, instead of understanding how insignificant they are in such man's life. this is why, even when married women catch their husband over and over again, they dont care and prefer to stay with that disrespectful/deceitful/unfaithful man.

Nigerian/African parents are fully to be blamed here... and thanks to failed upbringing (your mothers telling you that Marriage is everything for a woman), a failed social environment (African women having little value in society) or a failed way of thinking (aka all African men cheat as a way of life), these women are desensitized about the respect they deserve as women., and take the humiliation as just a way of life. its like drug addicts who dont care about eating/drinking or taking care of themselves, they only think of getting high at ANY cost.

therefore we as parents MUST A) love our kids, B) show them (by our actions) that we do love them C) teach our kids to love themselves, and D) make them understand the meaning of love, not just word of mouth... but unfortunately, many Nigerian/African parents dont know what love is. how can you show/teach your kids about something you are clueless about? these kids probably saw their mothers being treated like dirt, cheated on and verbally/emotionally abused, and just follow the trend in this vicious circle.

the failed notion that all men cheat, keeps these women in bondage for life...because if all men did indeed cheat, then no wonder these women would gladly accept it as just a normal way of life (aka why dump a man for cheating if the other ones will also cheat?). i dont believe any of these women can be saved as you cant teach an adult to love themselves, as it is an emotional damage with roots in upbringing/family/love/men/sex and society ALL intertwined.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
emsheddy:

Lolzzzzzz no be only weakness. I do not regret forgiving her. Neither do I even make reference to it during lil quarrels.
And yes, she knows she is gone for good if it happens again. My forgiving her isn't a sign of weakness. Bros I be person wey dey counsel folks on relationship matters. No be today

can you actually tell us why you forgave someone that is a confirmed deceitful/untrustworthy/unfaithful/dishonest/disrespectful person to you or your relationship then (if not because of weakness)?!
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
one odd the rules of this life I follows is do good and expect good that's why I don't wrong others knowingly unless that person wronged me first if I poor it on a scale and see that it can be forgiven I acted the fools part and everything will be going smoothly but if I found out you're playing with my intelligence we won't break up I act like I forgive you triple my Care and affections once you're caught in my spell I show you that I'm truly the devils elder brother yet you still won't know what hit you until its too late if I don't tell you what you'll forever be the greatest fool that's what I know how to do best+

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2019
Twoclans:

They trail behind Bello wink

Why dont you drop your story ,I saw you mention something about memories of Bello Hall.

My story does not relate to the topic.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Omotaday(m): 3:20am On Nov 26, 2019
emsheddy:

I was like you.

You will understand later. If she is someone you are really into, she may hurt you badly later, it wont be “lol” matter anymore.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by gorgeousfm: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
Hmmmmm. "Love na scam"
A cheating partner will always cheat and will never change. It is very painful to forgive and forget especially when the person in question thinks he/she is smart and still continues.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Biglittlelois(f): 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

a man who cheats certainly does NOT love you, no matter how much BS he tells you and/or how foolish you are to believe it.
here is a simple clue: how would you know whether someone loves you if it isnt by their ACTION? thats the "only" way you can have a confirmation that someone loves you or not, and sadly, the minute they cheat is a confirmation that they dont give a damn about you (or the r/ship you guys have). this man is ready to disregard you and your r/ship for a piece of coochie... and thats a FACT!!!

stop listening to the ARRANT RUBBISH men are telling you in order to treat you like dirt. men who say these things are animals...and if that was actually true, they STILL wouldnt need to cheat. if a man care for you and has to cheat, then he will come correct and tell you exactly that (before he goes to cheat).... not after when he has been busted with his pants down.

lol, you have been thoroughly BRAINWASHED.... there is no way on this green earth that anyone can "cheat respectfully". the minute they decide to sleep with another person, thats a LACK OF RESPECT for you and your r/ship.

that woman will have RESPECT for herself... thats what is more important here....rather than being a doormat, used and abused by a man who doesnt give a damn about her. what you are saying is that women should settle for good for nothing useless cheating men ***spit on floor***. a woman should go from men to men until she finds the perfect one, and should NEVER settle for less. a cheating man is a useless good for nothing man, unless both of you have no respect for one another and cheat too.

yes we all know that men can do that, but these men dont love their partner, and actually have no clue about what love is... if they did, they wouldnt knowingly hurt their partner by sleeping around. duh! think about it.....THINK.... so a man loves a woman but he will go and fukc around with other babes while knowing fully well that such action hurts his woman to her chore and damages what you guys have?!?!?!?!?!? makes no damn sense.

sadly, as we can see from this thread, so many women are "damaged" that they will accept any rubbish under the moon from men....in order to stay in that r/ship at any cost.

Really sad, I can only pray they don't marry those kind of guys.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by monchazfarms: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
Youngearnny:
I did it once and i regret, she started acting as if i was caging her. A cheater will always be a cheater no matter what. And moreover, cheating takes a long process to be called a mistake. Once you caught your partner cheating, i guess the best is to let go...

You're so correct.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by monchazfarms: 4:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Any man keeping a cheating wife is digging his grave.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Henrypraise: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Birdeyeview:
YES!
so many of y'all do not know the real meaning of true LOVE.
i once dated a guy from Minnesota for 3 years (white skinned), our relationship was a transparent one at that... one time we had a huge argument which led to 2 month of not been in touch. we loved eachother irrespective of our flaws and then decided to bury the hachet and get back together... while we were together he revealed to me how he cheated and with whome (of which i never knew)...
i forgave him because he pleaded and vauge never to repeat it anymore.. it was painful to let go but i had to because i always loved him no matter what... i still do although i lost him to cancer 2017.
my point is; true love never fails and should set no bounds. forgiveness and not keeping an account of any injury should be part of the motivating factors in any outstanding relationship...
ps; forgive my typographical errors if need be.

My dear, there is nothing wrong with your comment, when love is true from both end. mistakes do occur irrespective of the how or when it does, once repentance and contrition is true, forgiveness is expected.

Most pple who try to reformat your good intention, are speaking from a myopic mind that have suffered lots of abuse. Most Nigerian unknowingly suffer abuse, their minds build up a defence that creates a safe heaven/ automatic alarm switch for them, they also try to sell this confusion to other pple.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 4:34am On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=Birdeyeview post=84335505][/quote]

Your examples are misleading, you're calling past Head of States and leaders, for all we know the women stayed because of the power and position. talk about regular people like Mr Ndubueze who's wife left after a small disagreement or the mechanic (Friday) on my street whose wife left with their children after he cheated.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Birdeyeview: 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:

Your examples are misleading, you're calling past Head of States and leaders, for all we know the women stayed because of the power and position. talk about regular people like Mr Ndubueze who's wife left after a small disagreement or the mechanic (Friday) on my street whose wife left with their children after he cheated.

If i tell you i understand a bit of what you typed i LIED
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
Birdeyeview:

If i tell you i understand a bit of what you typed i LIED

My point is this, no sensible woman who is married to a president would divorce him if he cheated, it wouldn't benefit her.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Birdeyeview: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:

My point is this, no sensible woman who is married to a president would divorce him if he cheated, it wouldn't benefit her.

whatever man!
there's no sense in what you just typed
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Birdeyeview: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:

Whatever man!
there ain't no sense in what you typed.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Birdeyeview: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lalasticlala please we need to shed more light on this topic... kindly do the needful sir
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by okpalaAnambra: 6:34am On Dec 02, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP the answer is yes ,I was dating one of the hottest guys on campus while I was at the university .The relationship was not a sexual one just normal hugs and sweet talks but yes I loved him to the moon and back .

He was a lectures kid and stayed in the parents boys quarters ,I am the type that when I date you I can count how many times I will ever come to your apartment I have that character up till tommorrow.This faithful day I just decided to go to his house ,I knocked and went in hmmmmmm my guy had imported chic for the night .I just drew a seat and sat down in my mind we die here today .After ten minutes he had to tell the lady to leave ,that girl hated me from the depth of her heart after that incidence. And i enjoyed myself for a long time with the plenty begging , petting and blackmail from my end.

Guss what?After that incidence we still went on to date for so long until destiny played a trick on us, we are still the best of friends .

UNN Bello Hall room 327 will never forget our love affair . wink
I'm a lion too, lol..where in Kaduna are you located
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 7:56am On Dec 02, 2019
Birdeyeview:

Whatever man!

As if what you typed is the poster child for enlightened..
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 8:02am On Dec 02, 2019
Birdeyeview:

Whatever man!

As if what you typed is the poster child for enlightened..

Do you know the benefits Hillary Clinton and Nathanyahu's wive have gotten from their husband's positions.. no person with a single brain cell would give that up. Visit the pauper on the streets and see for yourself..
If a woman would benefit from a split, then she wouldnt hesitate to divorce (eg Tiger Woods, Jeff bezzus).

A woman would only stay with a cheaping partner if she has something to benefit. Self-interest rule the world, and that is the f..k#ng truth.
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by lalasticlala(m): 10:52am On Dec 02, 2019
Birdeyeview:
Lalasticlala please we need to shed more light on this topic... kindly do the needful sir

Really? How many times do you want it to appear on home page?
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by boninho: 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
Twoclans:
@ OP the answer is yes ,I was dating one of the hottest guys on campus while I was at the university .The relationship was not a sexual one just normal hugs and sweet talks but yes I loved him to the moon and back .

He was a lectures kid and stayed in the parents boys quarters ,I am the type that when I date you I can count how many times I will ever come to your apartment I have that character up till tommorrow.This faithful day I just decided to go to his house ,I knocked and went in hmmmmmm my guy had imported chic for the night .I just drew a seat and sat down in my mind we die here today .After ten minutes he had to tell the lady to leave ,that girl hated me from the depth of her heart after that incidence. And i enjoyed myself for a long time with the plenty begging , petting and blackmail from my end.

Guss what?After that incidence we still went on to date for so long until destiny played a trick on us, we are still the best of friends .

UNN Bello Hall room 327 will never forget our love affair . wink
Bello and Balewa, chai...chicks full, then Eyo-ita, Slessor, Okpara, sometimes
But damn, Bello is the real deal back then

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
IF YOU CAUGHT UR MOM CHEATING ON UR DAD, WOULD YOU TELL YOUR DAD OR KEEP MUTE ??
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 11:43pm On Dec 25, 2020
Tgifted:
Yes now,we even do the do to crown the forgiveness�,we move jawe�.
hi I'd love to communicate with you via email
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Burgerlomo: 5:12am On Dec 26, 2020
abidem4real:
Forgiving a cheating partner is like expecting a leopard to change its skin which absolutely cannot happen. Cheating in relationship is cruel, callous, bad and killing both physically and emotionally. It is trust already lost. When there is no trust in a relationship, there can't be love because both are like Siemens twins. So, the best approach in this regard is to allow a cheating partner leave in the best interest of peace of mind which is a medicine to longevity.

Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Tgifted(f): 2:17pm On Dec 26, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
hi I'd love to communicate with you via email
okay
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Tgifted:
okay
your mail address please
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Tgifted(f): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
your mail address please
ajikemi94@gmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Ayomi31071994(m): 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
yes I've forgiven her almost twice but believe me it's better to let a cheating partner go. one a cheater will always be a cheater but will act smarter the next time not to be caught
Re: Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? by Hisense4life(f): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
Yes I have forgiving him, but am still scared dat he will still cheat on me.. d trust is know longer dere .. but right now am really trying my best to trust him back .. cause this guy really hurt me..

I pray I can trust him..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

He Cheated On Me, I'm Confused / Moment Bride Whines For Groom, Got Cheered By People (video) / My Conscience Is Judging Me. Please Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.