Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,941 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Scents Of Lust - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Scents Of Lust (32899 Views)

Story Time: House Of Lust (18+)… Part 6 / Story Time : House Of Lust (18+)… Part 4 / Story Time: House Of Lust (18+)…part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 10:39am On Jul 04, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 9:28am On Jul 12, 2020
While Bukky studied the display, Tade ordered double espressos for the adults and milk for Vivian. Bukky decided on a raspberry tart, Tade ordered a fried rice scone and Vivian ordered a chocolate chip cookie. They decided to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air. For Easter party week it was an unusually nice day.

"You said Roli and Ike were going to Apapa this weekend?"

"Yes. She's very excited to be meeting his parents. I can't get over how much she's changed in the last few days. It's almost like a light switch came on in her brain and the light is totally focused on Ike."

"That's amazing. She was not into relationships from what you said but that changed all of a sudden."

"Onome and I were talking about that yesterday. We both think there has been an empty spot in her that she never allowed a guy to get near. It was like that with me for a long time. I didn't let a man into that part of my mind because I was afraid of being hurt."

"I think that her alluring beauty attracted too many of the wrong kind of guys and she knew that," Tade said. "She had fun with them but never let it get serious."

Bukky replied, "Then Ike showed up again and knocked down the barriers. She told us that she used to dream about him in high school and really did want to date him. His shyness was terrible and she couldn't break through it. But that has changed now."

"Do you think they will fall in love?"

"Oh yes. She's hooked and I think he is too."

Vivian asked, "Mummy, what does fall in love mean?"

"Tade, help me here." He smiled as Bukky said,

"Vivian, I think it means that two people have realized that they are perfect for each other and want to spend their lives together. They want only the very best for the other person and want to share and give each other the best life possible."

Tade put in, "You know you're in love when the room lights up when Bukky walks in. When she speaks, your entire focus is on what she is saying. When she smiles, my burdens seem to be lifted." Bukky smiled and reached for his hand.

Vivian asked, "Are you two in love yet?"

Bukky said, "I think we are."

"I also think we are," Tade put in.

"So, are you going to be my new mummy now?"

Tade looked at Bukky and they both rolled their eyes. They had been trapped by a four-year old with their own words. Bukky replied, "Vivian, I am going to be your new mummy."

Vivian crawled out of her chair and came around to hug Bukky and her dad. Tears were running down her little cheeks as he picked her up and kissed her. "I love you, Mummy and Daddy."

"We love you, sweetheart. We have to make a lot of plans for the wedding. Will you help us?"

"Okay. Can Miss Halima help?"

"Of course. We need all the help we can get."

As they walked back to the house, Vivian ran ahead and went bursting through the back door and upstairs to her Victoria. "Bukky is going to be my new mummy!" she screamed. Ireti picked her up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, they're going to plan a wedding and Miss Halima and I will help. Let me down, Victoria, I need to tell Miss Halima." She ran upstairs.

Ireti smiled and decided to wait for the full story. Bukky and Tade walked in about a minute later and Ireti met them in the kitchen. "Vivian came roaring through here and screamed that she's got a new mummy."

Tade and Bukky about doubled over in laughter.

"Where is she now?"

"She said she had to go tell Miss Halima something about planning a wedding."

"Oh my goodness," Bukky giggled.

"Mummy, Bukky and I have decided to get married and Vivian was the first to be told."

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by tonysunkan: 11:58pm On Jul 12, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2020
tonysunkan:
Nice one.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Zamar: 4:34pm On Jul 14, 2020
More
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2020
Ireti asked, "What would you like for dinner? I've kept my options open."

Tade replied, "I was thinking about buying somethig grilling them tonight." Bukky smiled and nodded. She loved grilled fish.

"I think that'd be great. Vivian likes fish and we don't have it very often. Steve will be home in about an hour so we have plenty of time to prepare side dishes."

Bukky asked, "Mummy, can I make egusi dish for us? My mother always serves it with grilled fish."

"That'd be lovely. I'll bet your mummy is a marvelous cook."

"She is, and she insisted my sister and I learn all her secrets. Tade hasn't had my real cooking yet so it's time."

"Then let's do it. I'll watch and learn."

Steve arrived home and Vivian met him at the door. "Grand pa, I've got a new mummy."

"I know. You've been calling Bukky that for a long time."

"No! She is going to be my mummy."

"What?"

"They want me and Miss Halima to help plan the wedding."

"What wedding?"

"Mummy and Daddy's wedding."

He picked Vivian up and hugged her; he was positive this was her active imagination again. At the very least, he could play along.

"Can I also help plan it?"

"I'll ask Mummy." He carried her into the family room and saw Ireti, Bukky and Tade waiting for him. They had heard everything in the foyer, of course. All were smiling at the conversation.

"Mummy, can Grand pa help plan the wedding?"

Bukky replied, "He's more than welcome to help."

Steve's mouth flew open when he realized this might be for real. "Would someone tell me what's really happening?"

"Dad," Tade said. "Bukky and I are going to be married, sometime next fall after our graduation."

Steve was speechless for a few moment s as tears welled and he struggled with his response.

He sniffed them back and walked into a wonderful five-person hug. After maybe 15 seconds, they stepped back and Steve reached for his handkerchief.

"Welcome to our family, Bukky. You have made us the happiest family anywhere. I couldn't ask for a better person to be Tade's partner and Vivian's mummy."

"Thank you, Dad. Tade is the man I've wished for my entire life. Vivian, you have a very special dad and I'm so happy you're going to share him with me."

"Okay."

Dinner was very nice. The grilled trout was wonderful with the linguini and veggies. Steve opened a French champagne. After Bukky read and lulled Vivian to sleep, the four adults gathered around the crackling fireplace in the family room.

Tade said, "We do have some bad news to tell you. Deola has come home."

Ireti and Steve looked at each other and tears began rolling down her cheeks. They both sat there, stunned, with their heads down.

Tade continued, "She came home to her parents last Saturday. Tergar and I talked and I called her; she wants to see me and Vivian."

Steve asked, "What are you going to do?"

"I told her that I'll go see her Friday afternoon but Vivian is not going. Bukky thinks she is going to play to my sympathies to let her at least share custody with Vivian, but I'm not going there."

Ireti asked, "Has she said anything about her absence and what she's planning to do?"

"Not yet. She said she wants to explain what happened."

"Vivian can't know about her at this point," Ireti replied. "That would be totally unfair to her."

"I know. We decided I'd give Deola a copy of the Easter video Bukky made. We brought a copy for her and a copy for you. We watched it at Bukky's house and it's very good."

Re: Scents Of Lust by UltimateSpice: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Scents Of Lust by SeyiDominion: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
Interesting
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 8:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ireti replied. "That would be totally unfair to her."

"I know. We decided I'd give Deola a copy of the Easter video Bukky made. We brought a copy for her and a copy for you. We watched it at Bukky's house and it's very good."

Steve replied, "That would probably help. Do you know if she's still a dope addict?"

"Tergar told me that she appears to have overcome the addiction and actually looked good."

"I wonder where she was all this time," Ireti said.

"I guess I'll know Friday.".

"Does she know about Bukky?" Steve asked.

"Not yet. I'll tell her Friday."

"Bukky, what are you thinking about all of this?" asked Ireti.

"I think it's a challenge we have to face head on. Deola burned a lot of bridges but seems to want to rebuild them, to some degree. I told Tade that I think she will want Vivian back and, if she really is sober, she may want Tade also. She will believe that all her troubles are behind her and will not accept the fact that Tade can raise Vivian better than she can."

Ireti replied, "I think you're probably right. Deola was always self-confident and outgoing. If that old Deola is back, she's going to be trouble. Does she know that you divorced her?"

"Yes. Her parents told her. Tergar said she wasn't surprised."

Steve said, "I'd hope not. She walked off the face of the earth and never looked back for more than two years. The police and the private investigator I hired couldn't find her anywhere. She must have changed her name or was very remote or they would have found her. Well, we can't worry about this until she gives us something to worry about. Maybe she'll surprise us."

Bukky and Tade showered and climbed into bed, without Vivian this time. Neither was in the mood for sex. They decided that Deola needed to be handled carefully and that at some point in the future, Vivian will need to be told about her birth mother.

That time was well down the road, however, when Vivian could understand and make wise decisions about what kind of contact she'd like with her birth mummy. It was too much to ask a child at this point to understand and accept the facts of what really happened.

Bukky and Tade were up early and wished each other a happy Easter party. Both dressed and walked to the kitchen to prepare the appetizers and fried rice relish that Bukky traditionally took to her parents' house. Ireti was already there with hot coffee and a breakfast Danish roll that she'd made.

By common unspoken consent it seemed, Deola was not mentioned. The discussion focused instead on Easter party family traditions. Steve joined the discussion and talked about watching the parades in Philly when he was a child and how much fun his mummy and dad made the holidays for he and his two brothers.

Bukky asked about his parents and brothers. "My parents are getting on in years. They're in good health, thank heavens, and enjoy life on a small farm they have."

Tade put in, "I want to take you to meet them, Bukky. Their farm is along the Epe-Temu. It's a big place."

"My two brothers are married with grown children. Taiwo and Kehinde live near Badagry. Semiu and Alaba live in Ibadan. We try to get together at least once a year at Mummy and Dad's place."

"What about your family, Mummy?"

Ireti replied, "My parents were older than Steve's and they've both passed away. I have one sister. My family is a bit small compared to Steve's. What about yours, Bukky?"

"Our family is large. I have three brothers, Debo, Adebisi and Bade. They're all married with children. I also have an older sister Bose who is married with four children. Altogether, there are thirteen grandchildren so Vivian is going to have lots of playmates this afternoon."

"She will love that," Ireti replied. Tade and Steve nodded.

They all turned to look as Vivian came running down the stairs in her pajamas and into Bukky's arms for a big hug and kiss. "You smell good. Did you use my fragrance again?"

"Yes mummy."

"You should ask for my permission before using it."

Vivian dropped her eyes and quietly said, "Okay. I'm sorry."

"That's fine this time."

"Good morning, sweetheart." Tade leaned over and kissed Vivian on the cheek.

"Good morning. Can I watch the turkey parade?"

Tade said, "It's not on TV yet. You'll need to wait a while. You want to watch Sesame Street?"

"Yes please. Can I have a glass of milk and a cookie?"

"Yes to milk, no to the cookie."

"Oh Daddy, please."

"No. You must have a good breakfast first. How about cereal?"

"Mummy, can I have a cookie?"

"Vivian, you are not going to play that game. If daddy says 'no' the answer is 'no.' Understand?"

"Oh, okay." She pouted and walked over to the fridge for the milk.

Tade turned to his mummy and asked, "Wonder where she learned to do that?"

"Don't look at me." She then turned to look at Steve who dropped his eyes and pretended to be reading the newspaper.

The morning was busy. Bukky and Tade prepared the food for her parents' feast, Steve and Vivian watched the 'turkey parade, ' and Ireti began the preparation for their Easter party dinner at a friend's house in Ikorodu.

Bukky did find time to call Onome and Roli to wish them a happy holiday. They ended up talking nearly 45 minutes on a conference call.

Re: Scents Of Lust by tonysunkan: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2020
Nice update
Re: Scents Of Lust by ThrillPlus: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
Cool one
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2020
Interesting
Re: Scents Of Lust by SeyiDominion: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2020
Nice update
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2020
Bukky did find time to call Onome and Roli to wish them a happy holiday. They ended up talking nearly 45 minutes on a conference call.

After returning to the kitchen, she said, "Tade, I just talked to Onome and Roli. Their visits are going great. Both are helping prepare dinner, like we are. Roli says she has fallen in love with Ike parents and her parents welcomed Ike like he was their son. She said they were glad she finally brought home a guy she wanted them to meet."

"I'm glad it's going so well."

Ireti asked, "Are Onome and Roli both seniors?"

"Yes, we all graduate in May. Unfortunately, we'll then go our separate ways, which I dread. Even though we aren't related, we're like blood sisters and are very close. They have serious boyfriends and I hope we'll have three weddings in a year or two. The guys they're dating are almost as nice as Tade."

Tade replied, "They are great guys. Onome and Roli are both beautiful women, but not quite as beautiful as Bukky." Everyone smiled.

As noon approached, Tade and Bukky loaded the car with their luggage, Vivian's bag (which Bukky helped pack this time) and the food she was taking. They hugged and kissed Steve and Ireti with Vivian in Tade's arms and wished them a wonderful holiday.

Arrival at Bukky's parents was a riot. The house already had 16 people in various stages of playing games, watching TV, cooking, drinking beer and children chasing each other around in the backyard and house. It took fifteen minutes to properly introduce Tade and Vivian to everyone. All the men gave him enthusiastic welcomes, and the women couldn't wait to give Tade and Vivian a kiss.

Bose whispered to Bukky, "He's the sexiest man I've ever seen. You did good, girl." Bukky grinned.

When Tade was introduced to Emma and Ruth Esan, Bukky's parents, everyone smiled as if they were already old friends.

Tade was invited by Emma to join Debo, Bade and Kashi, Bose's husband, outside in the garage, a man cave that was relatively quiet from all the grandchildren running through the house.

Bose's oldest daughter Maria, who was nine, took Vivian's hand and led her to the game room where several cousins had gathered to play electronic and board games.

Vivian's eyes immediately locked onto the game one of them was setting up. In a few minutes, everyone in the room knew Vivian's name and Vivian knew theirs. It was like the cousins instantly adopted her and she became one of them.

Bukky and the ladies all gathered in the large kitchen to work on dinner and gossip about everything that came to mind. Everyone wanted to hear the story of how they met. All were impressed by his life's story but Deola was not mentioned at this point.

The fact that he was in pre-med and planning to become a physician impressed all the guys. Debo and Emma told him about their auto repair shops, laundries and ATM repair businesses.

The talk then turned to sports, Sagamu Eagles football and local politics. All the guys were impressed by Tade's outgoing personality, obvious intelligence and his confraternity career.

Debo jokingly asked, "What exactly are your intentions toward my baby sister?"

All the guys hooted and one of them slapped Tade's back.

"We met a couple of months ago and, to be honest, she swept me off my feet. I have fallen for your little sister, Debo."

Emma replied, "She's a good girl. Bukky's our baby and all the boys think of her as their daughter, I think, because they are much older than she. They are very protective of her and our family is very close."
Re: Scents Of Lust by FairCritic(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nice
Re: Scents Of Lust by Gofautos(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Keeping your car in good shape does not have to be hard work cos Gofautos Limited has made it easier for every car owner.

The smartest way to ensure that your car does not disappoint you when you least expect it is to have a good maintenance schedule.

contact us on 08077777077 today and have one of our experts give your car the best care.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Zamar: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2020
Nice update.
Re: Scents Of Lust by SeyiDominion: 11:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
Interesting story
Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2020
More update.
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2020
Emma replied, "She's a good girl. Bukky's our baby and all the boys think of her as their daughter, I think, because they are much older than she. They are very protective of her and our family is very close."

"I'd expect that. I was an only child due to my mummy's health issues. She tells me you named her after a title song."

"Yes, we did. Ruth and I went to several of his concerts and loved the song."

"So did my parents."

Emma replied, "I'll be damned. Is that right? What a small world." All the guys laughed.
Bade asked, "What happened to your wife?"

Tade took a deep breath and a long draw on his beer while deciding what to say.

"While I was in the North, she started hanging out with the wrong crowd and got hooked on drugs. She was involved in a terrible auto accident and never really recovered from her drug addiction following her treatment. One day, she disappeared. The police couldn't find her. After more than two years, I assumed she was dead and got full custody of Vivian. We heard this week that she has come back and is at her parent's house since last Saturday."

"Man, that's a tough one. How old was Vivian when she left?" Kashi asked.

"Only a year old. My parents kept her while I finished my tour and got a discharge. They still keep her when I'm in school or working.'

The morning went fast with Vivian wanting to play games the cousins showed her the previous afternoon. Bukky and her mummy had fixed meatball sandwiches with homemade sauce for lunch.

As soon as Vivian went down for her nap, Tade decided to go get it over with at Deola's house.

"Do you want rolls?"

"Yes."

"Mummy is making some. They're great but so are her rolls."

"Has she shown you how to make them?"

"Of course. We must stay home sometime and let me cook real food for you."

"Well, wish me luck. I'll go over and see Deola and be back as soon as I can." Bukky gave him a tight hug and a long kiss.

Tade felt like he'd rather take a beating than to see her again. The drive over was on autopilot as all his thoughts were on her and the last time he saw her. She was in a drug-induced stupor when he took her to the emergency room.

Three days later he took her home and was out grocery shopping when she left and never came back. Obviously, someone helped her leave because her car was left behind. Now she's back.
Uche and Tergar lived in a very nice part of Sagamu in a beautiful brick three-story attached home.

Tergar was a successful criminal lawyer and now a federal Justice so money was not an issue for them. Tade found a parking spot nearby and walked to the door.

Deola was evidently watching for him and opened the door as he approached. She smiled and said, "Tade, you look great. Please come in."
Tade replied, "You also look great, Deola. Thanks."

She really did look fine. The dress she wore was lovely on her and the makeup was perfect. She had aged and looked at least five years older than she was. Otherwise, she appeared very much like the old Deola he once loved.

He walked into the sitting room as Deola followed.

"May I get you something to drink?"

"A beer would be good."

"That does sound good. I'll be right back."

Tade could tell from the silence in the house that Uche and Tergar weren't home. Deola returned with a beer and a bottle of water.

"I've given up all alcohol and am drinking lots of water."

"That's good."

"How's Vivian?"

"She's doing great. I brought a DVD for you to see."

"Can I watch it now?"

"Sure."

"Let me get the laptop." She went upstairs and returned in a moment . She sat next to Tade and put the DVD in. For the next 15 minutes, she watched every second of the video and cried the entire time. Tade handed her his handkerchief but dared not hold her.

"She's beautiful. I was a total fool and I hurt you so much. I am so sorry, Tade."

He was silent but tears were beginning to well.
She continued, "Thank you for coming. You didn't have to. I know my actions killed our relationship and I'm so very sorry I did what I did."

"Why did you do it?"

"Tade, anything I say will be an excuse. I let your absence be an excuse for me to party with friends. One thing led to another; and I was offered and accepted cocaine for the first time in my life. That drug gradually became my god in a few months. Over time, Vivian came second and you were not even in the picture. I lost all sense of reality and my self-respect."

"When I brought you home from the hospital, why did you leave?"

"I was out of coke and heroin and I had to get it. I called up an old friend and he came for me. I was so hooked and in so much pain that I'd have sold my soul to the devil for a fix."
Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2020
Nice.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Awesome05: 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2020
Cool and nice.
Re: Scents Of Lust by ThrillPlus: 12:54am On Oct 11, 2020
Waiting for more
Re: Scents Of Lust by FairCritic(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2021
More
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
He was silent but tears were beginning to well.

She continued, "Thank you for coming. You didn't have to. I know my actions killed our relationship and I'm so very sorry I did what I did."

"Why did you do it?"

"Tade, anything I say will be an excuse. I let your absence be an excuse for me to party with friends. One thing led to another; and I was offered
and accepted cocaine for the first time in my life. That drug gradually became my god in a few months. Over time, Vivian came second and you
were not even in the picture. I lost all sense of reality and my self-respect."

"When I brought you home from the hospital, why did you leave?"

"I was out of coke and heroin and I had to get it. I called up an old friend and he came for me. I was so hooked and in so much pain that I'd
have sold my soul to the devil for a fix."

"Deola, I did my best to help you break that habit."

"I know, but I was too weak. I couldn't do it, Tade." Tears flowed down her face.

"We searched for you nearly a year."

"I know. I saw the missing person report on TV and knew the police and you were looking for me. I didn't want to be found and continued to
live with my friend. When he moved to Abuja, I went with him. After we were there several months, I changed my name back to Stella and got a
driver’s license. He and I were arrested for dealing after we'd been there about six months. He went to jail."

"What did you do then?"

"After I went through his stash that the police missed, I didn't have a choice. I went on the street and whored myself to anyone with money. The
drugs controlled me and every part of my life."

"Why didn't you call me? I'd have come for you."

"I was too ashamed to call you. I really thought I'd get killed on the streets and it would be over with, but it never happened. I tried to commit
suicide but couldn't even do that. Someone saw me starting to run out in front of a car and wrestled me to the pavement. The police took me to
a psychiatric hospital and they put me in rehab center. But I didn't want help. I wanted to die.

"Along the line, I finally met a woman who brought me to Christ. I never was a believer, as you know, but by the grace of God, I was finally at a
point in my life low enough to find Him waiting for me. The woman, whose name is Kate, volunteered at the jail from one of the local church
ministries. She had the patience of Job working with me. I got out last week and dad sent me the money to come home."

"Deola, I'm very happy you were saved and that you're home with people who really love you. But I'm not one of those people. When you
disappeared, you gradually died to me over the next two years. I filed for divorce so I could start over and find a mummy for Vivian who
depended on me. When you left Vivian, you burned every bridge between us and those cannot be re-built."

"I know." Tears and eyeliner ran down her cheeks. "I have no right at all to ask anything of you and you don't owe me anything. I was totally at
fault and it ruined our marriage. My baby is no longer mine and I understand why. The only thing I'm begging you to do is allow me to visit with
Vivian every now and then. I just want to kiss her and hold her a little while. She's still part of my spirit and that void in my heart is killing me."

"She thinks you died and are in heaven with Jesus. How can I tell her now that I was just joking and that her mummy was really a drug addict
and a prostitute and a drug dealer and was in jail? She's four years old, for God's sake."

Deola studied the far wall and didn't respond for many seconds.

"Tade, the one thought I held onto throughout the drug withdrawal was that I might see Vivian again. Her little face was in my mind the entire
time I was cramping so bad I couldn't walk. The thought of her gave me a reason for living and I was praying that you would let me see her and
hug her."

"You're appealing to sympathies which I don't have for you. Deola, it's over. Vivian is not going to see you. She has a new mummy now and any
exposure she has to you will only cause confusion."

"I didn't know you re-married."

"I haven't yet but I'm engaged."

"Can you give me some hope that someday I might see Vivian?"

"Well, let's talk about your plans. What are you going to do the next few years?"

"Dad has agreed to send me back to college and I'm going to try my best to get in. I have completed one year, as you know. My criminal record
will hurt me but I might be able to get into a community college. I want to continue in computer science and then get a job in that field."

Tade was silent for a long time before saying, "My fiancée and I will discuss it and I'll call you. We have agreed that Vivian will need to know
about you down the road when she's old enough to understand what happened. I think it's very important that she knows about drugs and the real human cost that drugs demand but she can't understand that for many more years."

"Would it be possible for me to pretend I'm not her mother and see her in your presence for a few minutes? Please?"

"Your parents showed her a photo of you last year and she'll remember it. You have no idea how intelligent she is and she never forgets
anything. You've aged and look much older now than the picture shows but she'll still know it's you."

"Maybe I can pretend to be her mummy's older sister. Tade, please."

"I can't take that chance. Vivian is the most important thing in my life. You once were but I lost you. I'm not going to take any chance on losing
Vivian. Any contact with you will only be confusing, troubling and painful to her. She's happy now to know that her first mummy is in heaven
with Jesus and it's going to stay that way. When she becomes a teenager and fully aware of drugs, addiction and divorce, then we can talk again
and arrange a visit. But until then, I don't see any way that I can allow you in her presence."

Deola began uncontrollable wailing and ran upstairs. Tade left and walked to his car. Once in the driver seat, he broke down and cried like he'd
done when holding the dying child on the street. He prayed that he'd made the right decision.

When he returned to Bukky's home, everyone gathered to hear about his meeting. Vivian was still taking a nap so he was free to recount
everything that was said to the best of his memory; all agreed that he'd made the best decision. He went to the bedroom and called his parents
to let them know the results. They were also very supportive.

Tade had no appetite and decided to take a nap prior to going to work. Bukky wanted to lie with him but decided he needed quiet time. Tade
spent all the time thinking through his meeting and re-living the emotional roller-coaster he'd experienced. As much as he hated to admit it,
Deola still had an effect on him. She had been the center of his life for six years during high school and up until she disappeared. It was
impossible for him to hate her like he wanted to do.

Bukky and Vivian came into the bedroom at 8:30 to warn him about the time. He had to be to be at work at 10:00 and it was almost an hour's
drive. Tade and Bukky carried the lasagna and bread to the car and kissed.

"I know you're worried, Tade. That was a tough decision and you're probably going to go over it many times in your mind. Please don't dwell on
it. You did the right thing. Everything will work out."

"I'll try, sweetheart."

"Vivian and I love you very much."

"I love you."

Deola's parents returned home and her mummy found her still crying in the bedroom. Uche asked, "I guess it didn't go so well, did it?"

"He refused to let me see her. He said that Vivian thinks I died and am in heaven."

"That's what we told Vivian because we didn't know anything else to tell her that she would understand."

"I know. I messed up, Mummy. I really messed up and ruined my life. The one thing I was holding on to was the thought of seeing Vivian again. I
really thought he would let me do that. I begged him to let me kiss her and hold her a little while and he refused. I even agreed to pretend I was
her mother's sister and he said no."

"What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know. I must try to start cleaning up my life and all the past mistakes I made. You and Daddy are the only lifeline I have for now, but I've
got to make my own way."

"Deola, you'll always be our daughter no matter what happens. We'll help you if you let us but that will stop if you go back to drugs or alcohol.
You will kill yourself with that stuff and we are not going to help you do that. We love you too much."

"Mummy, I love you and I'll never go back to that. God loved me and offered me a better way in life. Drugs don't hold that power over me like
they did."

"Well, get yourself together and come down for dinner. Your dad wants to order pizza for us. Let's talk some more about Vivian. Maybe there's
something we can do that would let you spend time with her."

"I don't know what you or anyone can do without Tade's approval."

"Let's talk to your dad and see what he thinks."

The next three weeks were very busy for everyone. The sisters' romances continued to develop. Roli was true to her word and Ike became the
total focus of her romantic life. She saw and visited with Ayo and Liza at the Joint one evening, and they seemed very happy. Onome and Dele
made plans to go to Warri during Christmas break for him to meet her parents. She wanted to "break him in" riding horses so he could see her
favorite remote parts of the ranch. Her goal was to introduce him to ranch life and pray that he would like it. Onome worked many hours on her
paintings; preparing for the February senior art show the university would be sponsoring.

Scents of Lust: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by ThrillPlus: 6:04am On Mar 02, 2021
Welcome back.
Re: Scents Of Lust by FairCritic(m): 6:20am On Mar 04, 2021
Ride on
Re: Scents Of Lust by CasNova: 7:29am On May 13, 2021
Onome and Dele made plans to go to Warri during Christmas break for him to meet her parents. She wanted to "break him in" riding horses so he could see her favorite remote parts of the ranch.

Her goal was to introduce him to ranch life and pray that he would like it. Onome worked many hours on her paintings; preparing for the February senior art show the university would be sponsoring.

Bukky and Tade's love for each other continued to evolve and mature. Vivian spent many days with her and the role of mummy played a large and growing part of Bukky's life.

The video business boomed. Demand for the quality of work she produced was very high for the soft-core romantic videos.

This artistic portrayal of sex, as Roli predicted, was preferred instead of the hard-core stuff like you see everywhere on the Internet. She still did the hard-core scenes as requested, but they were not as in demand as first estimated.

Bukky was asked by five students to do family legacy videos featuring parents and grandparents. She also was booked for her first wedding shoot in June. The business was strong and Bukky's schedule was becoming difficult to manage.

Tade talked again to Deola and was very pleased with what she told him. She had found a job at a hospital in the city and was hired to help counsel patients. Her troubled past was considered to be perfect for the role and she embraced the opportunity to help others overcome the addiction like she had battled.

Part of the job was for her to share her background and describe what drug abuse had cost her. This testimony was intended to encourage the patients by letting them see Deola currently versus where she had been.
Deola continued to lean on her faith to get through every day.

She saw herself in many of the patients, and this brought back many ugly memories. The most important thing, Tade thought, was that Deola had met a real estate agent who was a hospital patient and they were instantly attracted to each other.

Tade thought that a new relationship for her would be an answer to many prayers. Deola did not bring up the subject of seeing Vivian. Tade thought she had accepted his decision.
Something very unpleasant happened the week before Christmas.

Tade was taking a morning nap at Bukky's house when his phone rang. It was his mummy.

"Hello Mummy."

All he could hear was her crying. She tried several times to talk but couldn't get the words out. A man then came on the phone.

"Mr. Sunmonu."

"What's wrong?"

"This is Sergeant Ayo Norman. I'm with the Ikorodu Police Department. Your daughter Vivian has been kidnapped and your mother has been injured."

"What?" Tade screamed and began whimpering.

"Two men forced their way into the house, struck and tied up Mrs. Sunmonu and took Vivian. Can you come here and meet with us? Your father is on the way here now."

Scents of Lust: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/scents-of-lust/30175
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 12:39pm On May 13, 2021
Nice update
Re: Scents Of Lust by SolaRaphael: 10:25am On May 14, 2021
Interesting story.
Re: Scents Of Lust by Saturn101: 8:37am On May 15, 2021
Nice update
Re: Scents Of Lust by BigBasher: 6:27am On Jul 09, 2021
waiting for more

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Shares Heartbreaking Experience With Girlfriend Of 5 Years / Top 10 Most Beautiful Romancelanders / Likely Ways To Know If A Woman Is Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.