Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,727 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (47774 Views)

Poll: Was the interview disrespectful or just serious?

disrespectful: 34% (17 votes)
just serious: 66% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2010
Ivynwa:

E-e-e-m Becomerich as we were all saying (that is if you understand me)
Isha was the one not giving Jonathan the landing space, check it out again and see. Methinks that they should have repeated the interview before showing it. It's kind of poor, Jonathan was at some point inaudible.
I didn't see where Jonathan underated her age, Jonathan that was busy defending himself because she came from an offensive side and GEJ come travel defense side grin grin grin, anyway act like you didn't hear what we just heard and do have a good night.

read the transcript in the first interview as well it was full of INAUDIBLEs!

i wonder why he didnt speak his mother tongue they'd translate it better

the presenter shouldn't have been confident - it's rude to be especially in front of Goodluck inaudible Jonathan tongue
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
nothing bad in the interview, GEJ is not too confident, God help Nigeria
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Becomrich11: 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2010
Now let me make you all laugh and fall down.

I need to ask a question, Why do Jonathan wear the same cloth everyday
It looks like, he wash the cloth every night??
Why must he dress like undertaker everyday?

No laugh too much.  This is what president do, they bring the best laughter out of thier people. A happy citizen , is a happy nation.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^^ You can't show map of where the clothes come from? undecided grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 27, 2010

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by lastapostle2(m): 7:44pm On Nov 27, 2010
see small girl with ordinary degree from the west making nonsensical of our phd presido gotten from toronto. Abi joney was a product of nigeria system of education called "sorting".any goodluck aint smart. He could as well have spoken in ijaw and beat the useless imperialist to their game after paying thru their dumb ass for an interpreter. She for go interview iranian presido or his south korean counterpart and expect them to speak the motherfucker english. english. N
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by lastapostle2(m): 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2010
see small girl with ordinary degree from the west making nonsensical of our phd presido gotten from toronto. Abi joney was a product of nigeria system of education called "sorting".anywere goodluck aint smart. He could as well have spoken in ijaw and beat the useless imperialist to their game after paying thru their dumb ass for an interpreter. She for go interview iranian presido or his south korean counterpart and expect them to speak the motherfucker english. english. N
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2010
Becomrich}:

Now let me make you all laugh and fall down.
I need to ask a question, Why do Jonathan wear the same cloth everyday
It looks like, he wash the cloth every night??

Na true talk be that-o-o, make somebody tell Jonwa make im try put on jeans and some nice tops that will show babes his akpobi (macho chest and six packs) for a change now. E fit make them trip come vote am. He-he  grin grin grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by cap28: 12:10am On Nov 28, 2010
Ive never had any respect for CNN as its just another propaganda machine designed to desseminate the usual half truths, omissions and distortions, however Isha Sesay did ask GEJ important questions that need to be answered. 

For example what has the nigerian govt done with all of its oil revenue which has been generated over a 50 year period and why is there still such grinding poverty in a country as rich as nigeria.  These are very important questions to which GEJ failed to give any coherent responses, on this basis i have no bone to pick with Ms Sesay.  With regard to her manner again i dont see anything wrong with the way in which she addressed GEJ, i think many of the negative comments directed towards her are mainly because she is - an attractive, well spoken, oxbridge  black woman.  Something tells me that this level of criticism would not have been leveled against her had she been a white man, after all OBJ was subjected to a severe grilling on hardtalk here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E

and i dont recall anyone getting angry at the hardtalk presenter , i wonder why.

Martinosi i agree with your comments regarding western anchors , many of their questions are scripted and you are right the higher up you go the more restrained you have to become with regard to the questions that you ask western politicians. 

Many news anchors are connected with intelligence services and tend to be handpicked by the owners of these corporations, they earn huge salaries and are very very mindful of not stepping on the toes of their paymasters.  This immunity from rigorous interrogation accorded to western politicians does not however, extend to african dictators and other "leaders" of third world countries like nigeria and i think it is for this reason that they are subjected to a slightly more rigorous and intense interview style whenever they venture anywhere near western news media.

Beleive me the nigerian politicians are getting a very easy ride now, if they were ever to fall foul of the western media and actually do something beneficial for their own people like Chavez or Gadaffi then you would see what a disrespectful news interview is really like.

i dont have any sympathy for them when they are mauled and grilled by foreign journalists (which was not the case here), if they were honest leaders i would jump to their defence , but again i think Ms Sesay was fine - she's also very hot  grin grin grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by cap28: 12:24am On Nov 28, 2010
here we have cecilia ibru making a complete fool of herself when being grilled on hardtalk and using the same excuses that GEJ used when asked why 70% of the nigerian population live on $1 a day :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3QXZCRSp8&feature=related
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 1:03am On Nov 28, 2010
I am just seeing this video for first time.What could this lady have done wrong?She is seeing things the way they are without tribal lenses and blindfolds,humbly hitting the points as a rational journalist and a true born african with jonathan having no answers and justifications for the backward system in nigeria.

Most of you guys think high of nigerian political thieves called leaders.In the face of rationality,they are nothing but miscreant and does not represent true nigerians
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 28, 2010
So redsun, Jonathan is a miscreant?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 3:11am On Nov 28, 2010
cap28:

With regard to her manner again i dont see anything wrong with the way in which she addressed GEJ, i think many of the negative comments directed towards her are mainly because she is - an attractive, well spoken, oxbridge  black woman.  Something tells me that this level of criticism would not have been leveled against her had she been a white man
Note that we are very proud of a young African lady like that making a great career for herself in CNN. The last time I read posts dropped in by people in this thread I didn't come across any male chauvinist herein and wonders how come you did.

cap28:

, but again i think Ms Sesay was fine - she's also very hot  grin grin grin
You seem to be tripping for her little wonder you are all these protective of her. I agree that she is a beautiful lady too.
Why don't you open up to her  grin grin grin and while you are at it do get me her contacts so that I can remind her to maintain her level-headedness on
her way reaching for the sky. She seems to have forgotten that elders must be respected, that one must allow others to finish their statements in a conversation and not cut them off rudely as if they are s-t-u-pid and that in whatever situation that one mustn't tackle an elder from such offensive sides that she did. I mean those questions can be phrased better with an unbiased mind and without sounding abrasive, confrontational and disrespectful.
Is it not our goodly-two-shoes Jonathan that could not find it in him enough to put her in her place like OBJ did in his own interview.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 11:23am On Nov 28, 2010
ROSSIKE:

So redsun, Jonathan is a miscreant?

What do u call a man that spearheads the looting and destruction of a nation?Ok.traitor sounds better ini't.A man that openly aids and cover up corruption sagas like HALLIBURTO,SIEMENS,16 BILLION DOLLARS POWER ILLUSION,the list goes on and on.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Princek12(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2010
Poster,
I watched the entire interview and did not see where Isha Sesay disrespected GEJ. Do you want her to kneel down before asking him questions? Do you want her to call GEJ daddy as a sign of respect? She is the interviewer and, as a result, must control the interview, which is what experienced journalists do, for they have limited times within which to get the interviewee to answer all their questions.

Sadly, the problem with people like you, like many Nigerians, is that you are used to having your speech restricted for so long, and you are not used to seeing journalists who freely challenge authority. So when you now see a Western journalist who is challenging authority by asking difficult questions, in an attempt to elicit an answer, you call that disrespect.

Maybe you should point to the specific time that the alleged disrespect occurred. You are probably one of those villagers who thinks women should unreasonably subordinate themselves to a man to show him respect. Get a friggin life!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2010
Princek12:

Poster,
I watched the entire interview and did not see where Isha Sesay disrespected GEJ. Do you want her to kneel down before asking him questions? Do you want her to call GEJ daddy as a sign of respect? She is the interviewer and, as a result, must control the interview, which is what experienced journalists do, for they have limited times within which to get the interviewee to answer all their questions.

Sadly, the problem with people like you, like many Nigerians, is that you are used to having your speech restricted for so long, and you are not used to seeing journalists who freely challenge authority. So when you now see a Western journalist who is challenging authority by asking difficult questions, in an attempt to elicit an answer, you call that disrespect.

Maybe you should point to the specific time that the alleged disrespect occurred. You are probably one of those villagers who thinks women should unreasonably subordinate themselves to a man to show him respect. Get a friggin life!

Absolutely wrong.

Yes, an interviewer needs to control the interview but her demeanor was unnecessarily aggressive and rude in tone.

She only needed that level of aggression IF (1) her questions are being avoided/not answered or (2) she is dealing with a notorious criminal leader/personality.

I did not spot either of the 2 before she chose her stance, she just moronically delivered her questions in that manner because she stupidly thought that is the style that it should be. This is common amongst most headline-seeking, foolish western journalists nowadays.

Are you telling me you would accept if she interviewed Mandela or even Gani that way?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Absolutely wrong.

Yes, an interviewer needs to control the interview but her demeanor was unnecessarily aggressive and rude in tone.

She only needed that level of aggression IF (1) her questions are being avoided/not answered or (2) she is dealing with a notorious criminal leader/personality.

I did not spot either of the 2 before she chose her stance, she just moronically delivered her questions in that manner because she stupidly thought that is the style that it should be. This is common amongst most headline-seeking, foolish western journalists nowadays.

Are you telling me you would accept if she interviewed Mandela or even Gani that way?

U are just a nuisance that never seems to have outright stands.What is moronic about her altitude?At a point she was even scared of agbero,jonathan that got spontaneously angry when he was asked about the endemic corruption in nigeria.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
redsun:

U are just a nuisance that never seems to have outright stands.What is moronic about her altitude?At a point she was even scared of agbero,jonathan that got spontaneously angry when he was asked about the endemic corruption in nigeria.

You are a dimwit.

I asked, would you be happy if she interviewed Mandela like that?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 7:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

You are a dimwit.

I asked, would you be happy if she interviewed Mandela like that?

I can understand your foo.lish.Comparing Mandela with an opportunistic rogue like jonathan.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2010
redsun:

I can understand your foo.lish.Comparing Mandela with an opportunistic rogue like jonathan.

You are reetarded!!!

So you can see the rudeness then. Fooooool!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Princek12(m): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Absolutely wrong.

Can you point to the specific time where her demeanor was unnecessarily aggressive? Or was she unnecessarily aggressive throughout the interview?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by bkbabe97y(m): 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2010
I decided to refrain from commenting on this topic because I did not understand some of what GEJ was saying (his accent), so I had to rewatch over and over again. I'll tell you this, the interviewer was unnecessarily rude and condescending! For Christ's sakes youre addressing a seating President. I dont care if she was interviewing Omar Bashir or Hugo Chavez; theres still gotta be some level of respect for whoever youre posing questions to: ESPECIALLY IF THAT PERSON IS THE LEADER OF THE BIGGEST BLACK POPULATION ON THE PLANET! She was just plain rude!

That said, Nigeria needs to get its act together. This is the disrespect you get from 20 year old gals when you fail to put things in proper perspective!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
Nigerians as regards respect and morals are like white sepulchers,glamorous,humble and beautiful ousidet but dead,rotten and stinky inside.

Jonathan is one of the plagues of nigeria,yet they want the pretty,rational,smart,conscious and genuinely concerned african to start kissing his dark and smelly butts,like the nigerian orofofo press saying amen to crazy obasanjo on a serious note.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2010
To only way african leaders will know they are undesirable is when people tell it to their faces.

In a normal worlds,people will be pelting them with eggs everyday but do it in nigeria,u will be a goner.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by olafolarin(m): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
Isha Sesay did nothing wrong,

I just watched that interview and cant honestly see what she did wrong.

It seems we are too used to Nigeria's prasie singing journalism.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2010
Princek12:

Can you point to the specific time where her demeanor was unnecessarily aggressive? Or was she unnecessarily aggressive throughout the interview?

Example was when she was looking for headline grabbing when she asked him if he would take responsibility for violence breaking out. That is just bad journalism, not really about attitude.

At 5.32, when she was asking "you represent what", it was blatantly condescending. Yes, he might not have HEADLINED what he stood for succinctly but he did provide alot of information about what he wants to achieve when she first asked, then she had the audacity to talk to him like if she was his older sister, questioning her wayward teenager junior brother. If he did not answer her question, I would understand, but he did IN DETAIL, he just did not initially HEADLINE it. Worse still, all the while he was talking so civilly to her and like if they are on the same level.

Also check out her bridgings when moving to the next question, she always pauses in a condescending manner. For example when she said:

2.22 - "I want to look forward now". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending.

6.06 - "Lets move on and talk about corruption". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending. Then within his first sentence to answer the question, she almost cut him off without listening to what he was about to say (6.31)

7.19 - "I want to talk about the Niger Delta". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending. And then look at her face when looking at him answering the question (7.36). Pompously looking like "You are going to tell me thrash".
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by bkbabe97y(m): 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Example was when she was looking for headline grabbing when she asked him if he would take responsibility for violence breaking out. That is just bad journalism, not really about attitude.

At 5.32, when she was asking "you represent what", it was blatantly condescending. Yes, he might not have HEADLINED what he stood for succinctly but he did provide alot of information about what he wants to achieve when she first asked, then she had the audacity to talk to him like if she was his older sister, quesioning her wayward teenager junior brother. If he did not answert her question, I would understand, he did IN DETAIL, he just did not initially HEADLINE it. Worse still, all the while he was talking so civilly to her and like if they are on the same level.

Also check out her bridgings when moving to the next question, she always pauses in a condescending manner. For example when she said:

2.22 - "I want to look forward now". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending.

6.09 - "Lets move on and talk about corruption". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending. Then within his first sentence to answer the question, she almost cut him off without listening to what he was about to say (6.31)

7.19 - "I want to talk about the Niger Delta". Her facial expression after that statement was condescending. And then look at her face when looking at him answering the question (7.36). Pompously looking like "You are going to tell me thrash".

Ok, I was gonna spell it out for these morons. You just did. Lets see what their "comeback" will be.

Bottom-line, the biyytch was fuxckin rude, period!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
In nigeria they beat children into submission and they grow up as adults to become stupid-ly loyal and uninquisitive zombies.

Who could be bolder,unhindered and more inquisitive than members of the press?They are the mouth piece of the people.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2010
As if rational creatures does not know that whatever story jonathan will tell will be bullocks,since he is the head of rogue nigeria.

What is he going to say to justify the pathetic state of nigeria as a result of irresponsible governance of which he is the head?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by bkbabe97y(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2010
^^^Dude, noone is disputing that GEJ is corrupt. The question is: Was the interviewer rude?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
bk.babe97y:

^^^Dude, noone is disputing that GEJ is corrupt. The question is: Was the interviewer rude?

I wonder what u will say of interviewers like bill o'reiley and the rest of rednecks and some uncle toms fox news crew.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
Saga Paddy, thanks for that nice analysis of the interview. I thought I was the only one that noticed the interruptions and the rude switching and change of topics as if she was talking to a Nincompoop. You  have said it all, don't allow those who delight in bringing down their country have you swearing and getting angry. When the wealth of the country was being battered and thrown over the fence into banks oversea they were not talking like that, they have a goodly quiet natured president now and every person is flying in his face and telling him what they want because he is a quiet person. How do you expect others to have respect for your country when you have none for it and makes fun of it in front of other Africans in this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Sleeping At A Rally In Emohua, Rivers. Photos / FG Withdraws Forgery Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu / Why Atiku Did Not Campaign In Ogun’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.