Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,664 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (47579 Views)

Poll: Was the interview disrespectful or just serious?

disrespectful: 34% (17 votes)
just serious: 66% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by martinosi: 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
Dis Guy:

for the sake of it martin, post evidence cos to be honest i don't see any politically destabilising questions in this interview
heck the west can do whatever to these African pot bellies without going through the media
everything is out there for their media researchers to latch anyway

So people like Jeremy Paxman, suckur and Jon snow get scripted questions from the 'top'  undecided

this is meant to be a revelation of some sort?

O.K Now we are talking,

Jeremy Paxman and John Snow,

Jeremy Paxman is protrayed as a Hard hitting Interviewer & John Snow t[b]he Benign Guy[/b]

Bro they know their limits trust me!!!

When you have time try and listen to the below link
and then when you get back to me i post the video
of Numerous Respected Independant Journalist

Managed News  - US & Western Media -

Dr. Peter Phillips of Project Censored

http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/64324
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by excoba101: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
People on top can see things better than us. It is high time for Nigerian politicians to be watched internationally.
I couldn't watch the whole package because of bad connection but from the few i could watch i don't see anything bad, JEM is a gentle man.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by yeswecan(m): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2010
GOSH i just watched it critically - she appeared to be disrespectful because Jonathan was nervous and too serious and while she was calm
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2010
yeswecan:

GOSH i just watched it critically - she appeared to be disrespectful because Jonathan was nervous and too serious and while she was calm

LMAO

can you imagine, she is even crossing her legs; she should have been on her knees I mean she's talking to a PhD holder tongue
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by excoba101: 7:13pm On Nov 26, 2010
JEM has confidence problem. Look at his interveiw with Amapour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUAEBfhzjgM
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by mustafar1: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2010
That's right, lower the bar so our presido can look smarter than a fifth grader
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On Nov 26, 2010
must_a_far:

[size=14pt]That's right, lower the bar so our presido can look smarter than a fifth grader[/size]
shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
ROFLMAO!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

ROFLMAO!!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by mustafar1: 9:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
Kobo u dey laugh. Na serious presidential matter and u dey laugh.

PS: how ur thanksgiving? Hope ur turkey no escape from oven and things?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2010
lol . . . . I wised up this year ooo . . . I ordered cooked turkey and food this time around. I don tire dey wait for turkey to cook on thanksgiving day. LMAO!!!

Thanksgiving was awesome!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by fstranger: 10:00pm On Nov 26, 2010
Hey sweet heart mi Kobojunkie:
wey my turkey?
I still dey expect ma turkey dearie
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by PapaBrowne(m): 11:32pm On Nov 26, 2010

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by PapaBrowne(m): 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2010
While I believe that journalists should ask grilling questions, I think Isha Sesay's body language in this interview gave her away as someone that is disgusted at either Nigerians or the President himself. I am not sure which one.

She asked a question on what he stands for and he gave a pretty good political answer as would every other politician on the planet. But no, she was disgusted, so she kept repeating the question. She gave herself away as someone that carries her personal issues along with her on the job.

Jonathan's failure was in his inability to notice early enough that she was disdainful. If he did, he would have taken control of the interview by giving her very short, boring and non descript answers to whatever question she asks. There is no need trying to impress anybody. You are the President and the buck stops on your table.

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 12:12am On Nov 27, 2010
the former nigerian working with CNN kemi i think in an interview also complained about her fellow Nigerians- complaining about her in an interview! in fact we Nigerians complain about every interview or anything to do with us reported in the news well except for the paid October editions on CNN the same CNN we we cut ties with during the time of Nweke Junior undecided

Only god knows what she went through before getting that interview: some old money-bag probably tried to come onto her grin

or Perhaps Madam Goodluck/aunty Dora were fighting to be interviewed instead
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 1:30am On Nov 27, 2010
It is the tradition within western journalism to ask moronic, conjectural questions all in the name of looking for a morning sensational headline and this girl is no different from that line.

But in this interview, she added to that by having a clear air of pompousness and severe disparagement in her demeanor. If I was the one, I would have put her into shape instantly by (1) cutting her logic into shreds and telling her off or (2) telling her she lacks courtesy and to get off the seat and let someone else on the CNN crew continue the interview and I would mean it. I wouldn't stand for such rubbish.

The key is not to be glazing teeth with the western interviewer from the onset. Come with a serious face right from GO no matter how much grinning teeth they give you from the beginning. Give very, very brief hi and hand-shake. No chit-chatting before the interview and ensure they are set and ready to start before you even come and take a seat. Let them know you are not there to be liked.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by isalegan2: 2:37am On Nov 27, 2010
CNN is a joke! They're eating the dust of the Fox Racist News Network, and straining their necks to make sure MSNBC doesn't catch up. They have no clue how to regain their former glory days and in the process are playing musical chairs with their anchors and schedules. They just have no idea what works anymore. The whole damn network is being torn apart by internal wrangling and backbiting. Look at the controversies with Lou Dobbs, Larry King and Chris Sanchez, who was fired because he actually acknowledged that jews are more than adequately represented in the news and entertainment media. Oh Horrors The Truth! How dare he?

I'm not surprised this half-wit decided to earn her stripes and stand out by disrespecting a sitting African President, because you know, that's how Anderson Cooper got famous, not by actually paying his dues with decades-long plain old-fashioned intrepid reporting.

Ted Turner must be crying in his beer at what his creation has become.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 2:48am On Nov 27, 2010
It is true that professional journalism is "fearless journalism" and I am not asking that that African lady should tremble before Jonathan yet she showed no atom of respect that she is talking to an older person at all. She was just  too "in his face" for an African lady however much she is being paid as salary to be acting like that. One can still be fearless and respectful at the same time and not be that "I -am-very-confident, now-don't mess-with-me" that is exactly the air the girl was putting across, she seems biased too----what with that already-made up mind about Jonathan starting up some violence if elected. She was more than disrespectful, was not even giving him the opportunity to finish his sentences and rudely cuts him off, infact who knows how I can get in touch with that Isa or is it Isha (shrimp or is it even crayfish that is called Isha in Nigeria) lady grin grin grin so that I can tell her that to her face. Nonsense! What rudeness/bad manners is that

Our poor Jonathan is simply a "goodly-two-shoes", I almost pitied him at some point. His party members should note that he urgently need help to up his confidence ratio and put some sweet-sounding-life and bling into his English speaking. Hey! Nobody speaks English nowadays without controlling and shapening the mouth and lips enough to have the English come out nice and sweet. Come on! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he sure can speak more than that for sure. He seems a good man to me but he need to snap out of that "goodly-too-shoes-and -I-am-too quiet-to-hurt-a-fly" personality and sharpen up. With such stance a young lady like that can't come in his face and almost bully him with questions as if he is a helpless child.

Now the truth of the matter is that if the whole country agreed on their zoning (I for one detest that tribalistic wand called zoning) and the North are yet to complete their turn then the truth should be faced and they should be allowed to finish their tenure. I mean until Nigeria wake up and realize that there is more to a good leader than his tribe. Till that time arrives (let the tribalism/zoning) continue and let us allow peace reign while we are at it. How on earth did they arrive at that zoning in the first place? It's so so unpretty and divisional. Like United we stand and divided we rule! If some people keep imposing themselves on the nation as rulers and are not being considerate, then they should allow the ones feeling subdued and wanting out to go and be on their own (Oh! I am wondering whether that was what caused that civil war?). Forgive me, I haven't been conceived when that took place grin grin grin. Seriously we are not making sense with zoning and we need to begin to make sense, the world must be laughing at that formula of ours and wondering what we are doing staying together when we can still differentiate among the tribes. If we can't tolerate, then why co-habit? May God help our country Nigeria.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 3:01am On Nov 27, 2010
Ivynwa:

put some sweet-sounding-life and bling into his English speaking. Hey! Nobody speaks English nowadays without controlling and shapening the mouth and lips enough to have the English come out nice and sweet. Come on! I couldn't believe what I was hearing, he sure can speak more than that for sure.

Stop chatting rubbish.

What? You want him to be blowing fake fone?

I don't speak with some stewpid accent but when I speak, I bring alot of confidence, presence, posture and cutting edge thinking that I command respect of all the oyinbos there. And that is not blowing my trumphet (although I am not averse to it), it is feedback from several oyinbos. It is about having confidence in one's self and abilities.

Gani would never have faked fone, neither would Fashola, Achebe etc and yet they ooze intellect and foresight when they speak.

You don't need to blow fake fone to be relevant, I will surely never be putting such up. Nothing is wrong with GEJ's English.

Even OBJ knocked them off with his performance on Hardtalk without blowing fone.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 3:12am On Nov 27, 2010
Sagamite:

Stop chatting rubbish.
What? You want him to be blowing fake fone?

You misunderstood me dear, I am a very natural person and do not support pretense and artificiality. I don't mean that he pretends and speaks some fone, good English students will understand what I am talking about. You don't relax your mouth carelessly and allow the words come out as you like. You have to speak and make it sound good, it's the same thing as a lady leaving her body without carrying it well like a lady and throwing the legs and hands out wherever. The image she will give out is that of an unpolished person.
He can still be Jonathan standing/sitting confidently and speaking confidently.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 3:15am On Nov 27, 2010
Ivynwa:

You misunderstood me dear, I am a very natural person and do not support pretense and artificiality. I don't mean that he pretends and speaks some fone, good English students will understand what I am talking about. You don't relax your mouth carelessly and allow the words come out as you like. You have to speak and make it sound good, it's the same thing as a lady leaving her body without carrying it well like a lady and throwing the legs and hands out wherever. The image she will give out is that of an unpolished person.

Ok, I get it.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by fstranger: 3:17am On Nov 27, 2010
Ivynwa:

Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada
Hence, he is not worthy to be our presido because he does not speak like the Queen
inferiority complex dey worry you.
Its a pity
I wish you werent a Nigerian, but it is what it is.

SMH!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 3:23am On Nov 27, 2010
fstranger:

Yada yada yada yada yada yada yada
Hence, he is not worthy to be our presido because he does not speak like the Queen
inferiority complex dey worry you.
Its a pity
I wish you werent a Nigerian, but it is what it is.
SMH!
Friend, I didn't say that at all but you seem too quick to condemn me because you want to believe the worst. You are entitled to your opinion but know that you are accusing me wrongly. I don't speak Queen's English and I am not asking him to, all he needs is a little more good carriage of his English speaking.
I really like him. He looks peaceful, quiet and good-natured. If you read me well, I was talking about how his party should rally round him to make him stand tall and be able to defend himself in such circumstances.
I am not too-political really, the much interest I have in politics is that of a diplomat/ambassador representing Nigeria in some country in the future until that time arrives, I will be here working my hard dear. All I want is my country being at peace and a good leader leading us irrespective of his tribe. I hate to see people killing others.

Sagamite:

Ok, I get it.

Ivynwa gives Sagamite a bounce, shakes his hands and says "One love brother"  while giving him two thumbs up
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 3:26am On Nov 27, 2010
It is true that professional journalism is "fearless journalism" and I am not asking that that African lady should tremble before Jonathan yet she showed no atom of respect that she is talking to an older person at all. She was just  too "in his face" for an African lady however much she is being paid as salary to be acting like that. One can still be fearless and respectful at the same time and not be that "I -am-very-confident, now-don't mess-with-me" that is exactly the air the girl was putting across, she seems biased too----what with that already-made up mind about Jonathan starting up some violence if elected. She was more than disrespectful, was not even giving him the opportunity to finish his sentences and rudely cuts him off, infact who knows how I can get in touch with that Isa or is it Isha (shrimp) lady Grin Grin Grin so that I can tell her that to her face. Nonsense! What rudeness/bad manners is that

it would have been okay if she wasn't an African lady?

hmm Hardtalk presenters didn't get this much flack- is it because they are white?

blame it on Jonatha for not controlling the interview! he's too weak even Yaradua without a PhD came across better in his interviews-sounded like a 'good man' but firm! not this weakling that wouldn't grant a nigeria media house interviews
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Becomrich11: 3:45am On Nov 27, 2010
The problem you people have is in Nigeria,the press because of what they would get from a president, treat governor and president like kings. They dont do the same, they are suppose to ask the hard question.

She did very well. It means Jonathan should prepare before an interview. He looked unprepared.  And he was jumping the gun. And Jonathan sometime never allowed her to finish was she was saying before answering question. Over here , they consider that very very rude thing to do. That may be another thing that piss the lady off.

And I think Jonathan also look at her as young. She is 34 years. She just look like a 22 years. she is 34 years.

And another thing I notice is Jonathan is taken things too serious, He needs to smile and not take it serious and try to joke around with them. He look too serious.
He need to lose up abit, he look too serious in both interview. He should try to remember ali baba joke. he knows what he want to say, is just been to serious that makes it look too serious. watch obama interview, he jokes around.

The way the lady talk is the way they talk over here. Even she called him President Jonathan. They even call Obama president Obama, they just say Obama.

And they do not call people Mr Goodluck, they call people over here, Jonathan. They go by the first name. and not the surname. They dont call it surname. They call it lastname. So if I see Jonathan Goodluck. I would say Jonathan and not Mr Goodluck.

There is a different between Nigeria and this place. My friend son call me big head because her mother call me big head, he is 9 years Old. But in Nigeria, Hmmm , you know what I would do, I dont say over the internet.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Sagamite(m): 3:48am On Nov 27, 2010
What?

You can't show any map to prove that the problem is with Nigeria, Jonathan was not prepared and she is not 22? grin
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by fstranger: 4:08am On Nov 27, 2010
Becomrich}:

The problem you people have is in Nigeria,the press because of what they would get from a president, treat governor and president like kings. They dont do the same, they are suppose to ask the hard question.

She did very well. It means Jonathan should prepare before an interview. He looked unprepared.  And he was jumping the gun. And Jonathan sometime never allowed her to finish was she was saying before answering question. Over here , they consider that very very rude thing to do. That may be another thing that piss the lady off.

And I think Jonathan also look at her as young. She is 34 years. She just look like a 22 years. she is 34 years.

And another thing I notice is Jonathan is taken things too serious, He needs to smile and not take it serious and try to joke around with them. He look too serious.
He need to lose up abit, he look too serious in both interview. He should try to remember ali baba joke. he knows what he want to say, is just been to serious that makes it look too serious. watch obama interview, he jokes around.

The way the lady talk is the way they talk over here. Even she called him President Jonathan. They even call Obama president Obama, they just say Obama.

And they do not call people Mr Goodluck, they call people over here, Jonathan. They go by the first name. and not the surname. They dont call it surname. They call it lastname. So if I see Jonathan Goodluck. I would say Jonathan and not Mr Goodluck.

There is a different between Nigeria and this place. My friend son call me big head because her mother call me big head, he is 9 years Old. But in Nigeria, Hmmm , you know what I would do, I dont say over the internet.

What? Are you a pedo-phile?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ivynwa(f): 4:25am On Nov 27, 2010
E-e-e-m Becomerich as we were all saying (that is if you understand me)
Isha was the one not giving Jonathan the landing space, check it out again and see. Methinks that they should have repeated the interview before showing it. It's kind of poor, Jonathan was at some point inaudible.
I didn't see where Jonathan underated her age, Jonathan that was busy defending himself because she came from an offensive side and GEJ come travel defense side grin grin grin, anyway act like you didn't hear what we just heard and do have a good night.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by eghost247(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2010
He didnt look so confident
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by excoba101: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2010
I finally listened t it all. Her interview was normal and he wasn't looking at her like 22 years old. I could see her trembling and nervous rubbing the chair which she was seated. If i was Mr. President i would be more humble than that. Don't forget that this is not a local interview, it is an international interview, if he does anything "extremely African" he would be giving the world a bad impression of Nigeria's policies and ways of life.

She did a good job. And i bet she was hot for Jonathan. Perhaps she followed him home later that evening. Hehehe

Political possible like that of Mr. President should not be treated with personal assumption that is why they have personal advisers. I think he was prepared too.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by excoba101: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2010
He didnt look so confident

Of course. He was making statements that would be remembered for all time. For a beginner he ought to be cautious.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by princekevo(m): 8:29am On Nov 27, 2010
@ poster.

So when your president couldn't boldly defend his administration by answering simple questions asked by the Journalist, to you that is being disrespectful? I have watched the video again and again the question directed to our dear president was nothing diffrent from what is presented to others, nor how it is being presented to others.

Instead of you to be against a president who could not even define his own policy for the nation, nor gave a direct answers to the pressing issues the country is currently facing, you term the poor girl as being disrespectful to the president.

Many are even saying it is out of her hatred and jealousy to Nigeria. As usual every foreigner that says the truth abt Nigeria is being termed as being Jealous or hate Nigeria.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 27, 2010
the guy is simply clueless, OBJ will definitely do better than him.
He still needs a lot of drilling
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2010
check this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8LdTp4nQ6g&feature=fvw

OBJ's interview,
the first response he gave to the interviewer was so overwhelming and confident, he said, 'You're absolutely wrong, '

Can GEJ say that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Dressed As A Secondary School Student / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court / Fayose Wears White Shorts To Receive Leaders Of Traders At Fayose Market (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.