Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) (39454 Views)

3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / 4 Challenges Of Setting Up A Side Income And Working Full-time / What's The Cost Of Setting Up A Petrol Filling Station In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:33am On Jun 15, 2020
Dream, aspirations do come through only if it's back by actions.

Yes,you want to have a 10,30,50,100,600 acres of cassava,plantain,cashew, oilpalm etc generating income for you year in year out but what are you doing about that goal now.

What action plan are you taking towards it?
If you want to bring it to reality,then you need to work towards it.

You want to have additional source of income,what steps are you taking to achieve that.

You want money to be working for you when you retire from active service,then how are you investing now?

You are not satisfy with your current income,then what steps are you taking improve on it.

I really like what some members here are doing as it pertains to creating a sustainable revenue through agribusiness ⁩
If you guys continue with the momentum, 3-5 years is enough for you to do exploit

In all,if you want your dream to become a reality, back it up with consistent action.

Good morning
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:38am On Jun 17, 2020
*AGRIBUSINESS & AGRICULTURE*

When most people think of agriculture in Africa, images of poor and overworked farmers with crude tools on a rural farm readily come to mind. Many, especially young Africans, still think that agribusiness is a poor man’s occupation. Nowadays everybody wants a white-collar office job in the city. Agribusiness is hardly on anyone’s mind.

Did you know that Africa sits on an agribusiness goldmine but most people just dont’t see it? If you’re one of the blind, allow me to open your eyes with a few exciting facts you need to know about agribusines in Africa…

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, recently invested $1 billion in rice production? Every year, Africa spends billions of dollars on rice imports, and Dangote wants a slice of the market.

Since 2009, investors in the USA, Europe, Middle East and Asia have been buying and leasing millions of hectares of African land for agricultural purposes? Many people may not know it but there’s a trend of serious land grabbing by foreign interests for African land.

Foreign Direct Investment in African agribusiness was $10 billion in 2010 and is projected to reach $45 billion by 2020? Agriculture is taking a huge leap in Africa and investors want a piece of the action too.

Africa’s agribusiness industry will be worth $1 trillion by 2030! That’s huge! If this projection by the United Nations comes true, agribusiness will become the ‘new oil’ in Africa!

In the light of these facts, the rich and wealthy folks are investing in Africa’s agribusiness industry while the majority of Africans are largely ignorant about the amazing potentials of agriculture on the continent?

Let me share with you five reasons why agriculture is the biggest business opportunity right now in Africa. And why many of the world’s top business people are investing in African agribusiness.

*1. Africa has cheap agricultural land*

According to the World Bank, Sub-Saharan Africa is home to nearly 50 percent of the world’s fertile, usable and uncultivated agricultural land. The size: over 200 million hectares! The continent is now widely considered to be the future breadbasket of the world. It is this huge abundance of land resources that gives Africa the strategic potential to feed the world!

Most of Africa’s agricultural land lies in the savannah and tropical rain forest belt, which receives a favourable amount of rainfall and sunlight all year round. As a direct consequence, more than 80 percent of food crops consumed across the world can be produced here.

Interestingly, a large proportion of Africa’s agricultural land is located in the rural areas. That’s why they’re often cheap to buy or lease. On the average, one hectare of land (10,000sqm) can be leased for as low as $100 per year (depending on the location). This makes it one of the best land bargains you can find anywhere in the world!

*2. Africa has a ready market and high demand for agricultural produce*

Agribusiness is one of the best business opportunities in the world as food never goes out of fashion. People must eat food everyday!

Currently, Africa’s population is just over one billion people. At its current growth rate, the continent’s population is expected to reach 2.2 billion by 2050. Now and in the future, Africa will always have a lot of mouths to feed.

Africa currently spends billions of dollars every year to import grains, flour and all kinds of finished and semi-finished foods which it can produce locally. There is a huge opportunity for entrepreneurs who can provide cheaper and locally-grown alternatives to the food that Africa imports.

It’s not just the food industry that depends on agribusiness. Several other industries, especially the manufacturing and processing industries, depend on agribusiness for a wide range of raw materials. As Africa’s economies continue to grow, the demand for raw materials will surely increase and create more interesting opportunities for agribusiness on the continent.

*3. Improved varieties and farm practices are changing the game across Africa*

Agribusiness in Africa

has suffered through the years because of its poor yields and crude farm practices. Most of the crops cultivated on the continent produce very little and are often very prone to pests, diseases and drought. As a result, most African farmers used to work very hard but have very little to show for all their hard work during harvest time.

However, due to advances in crop/animal science and technology, it is now possible to harvest more food per hectare than ever before in Africa’s history. There are now improved crop and animal varieties that mature earlier, require less resources, and are less susceptible to pest attacks, diseases and drought. Across Africa, these improved varieties are increasing yields by as much as 400 percent!

There are now improved and locally-adapted varieties of maize, cassava, millet, rice, sorghum, beans, sweet potato, cowpea, groundnut, soybean, pigeon pea, banana, durum wheat, and bread wheat.

There are also several local and international organisations that are focused on supporting African farmers with improved seedlings and support. One of such organisations is the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), launched by the Rockefeller Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2006.

*4. Agribusiness is very scalable.*

You can start with what you have.

Whether you own one plot of land or 10,000 hectares, agribusiness is one of few business opportunities that allow you to start on any scale, with whatever you have!

Entrepreneurs like South Africa’s Anna Phosa started her agribusiness in 2008 in her backyard with just four pigs. Today, she owns a 350-hectare pig farm and is a major supplier to Pick n’ Pay, the South Africa supermarket chain.

The opportunity to start small means that people with little capital can become part of Africa’s multi-billion dollar agribusiness industry. Because of the guaranteed demand for agricultural produce, that small vegetable or poultry farm in your backyard could just become a huge business tomorrow.

Every evidence shows that you don’t have to be a wealthy investor with millions of dollars in the bank or a highly-educated person in order to start a business in agriculture in Africa. You can start where you are and use what you have, and grow from there. You can start your agribusiness journey in your home backyard or do it on a part-time basis with your day job. It’s very flexible that way!

*5. Agribusiness is a huge job creator*

Agribusiness is one of the most effective ways to create jobs and empower millions of Africans. At present, up to 60 per cent of the labour force in Sub-Saharan Africa is employed in the agribusiness industry. Agribusiness remains a top employer of labour in many African countries.

The value chain in the agribusiness industry, from food production, processing and marketing provide huge opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship.

So, if you’re looking to start a business or invest in an industry that makes a significant social impact, provides jobs and creates sustainable wealth, agribusiness is surely the way to go!

Africa is changing. You need to be a part of this big dream

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Few of the things we have going for us, apart from providing access to fertile, problem-free farmlands is to make sure that people who owns farm on our farm estates get access to high yielding stems,seedlings for better revenue.

I am also happy that our ever dedicated,self motivated workers are alvways up to the tasks whether in daylight or even in the middle of the night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-DZCiVVyM8

More cassava trucks are expected to cultivate about 600 acres this season.

You need a good,fertile farmland,hybrid cassava stems, high yielding cashew,oilpalm seedlings and want to set-up your farm to start generating revenue for you,kindly get in touch through +2348164628081; +2348092034147.
#agriculture#cassava#cassavastem#farming #farmer#waleagro#farmsetup#agricbusiness#agribusiness#lagos#nigeria#
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by ACAN(m): 11:42am On Jun 23, 2020
QUALITY THREADS FOR SALE

Product Details
PACKAGE:
1kg, 3kg

Our thread was passed the tests by SGS under the requests from FDA requirements.
Our threads are Durable and quite suitable for high-speed bag packing systems such as NEWLONG, UNION-SPECIAL, etc.

We are strongly committed to the sustenance of the flour milling, feed milling, rice milling, cassava milling, sugar and salt refining, and all Allied industries with our machines, spares, and services. This we do by maintaining prompt and constant delivery to uphold our cordial relationship and the confidence reposed in us.

Akan Udofia
Ovara Konstant Business Ltd
Tel: 08057933767, 08134781303
Lagos Address: 33 Adele Road, Apapa, Lagos.
Email: akan.u@ovarakonstant.com

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2020
Go for your dream
Take massive action!!
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:43am On Jun 28, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
As an investor or farmer on any of our farm estates,you are guaranteed a high yielding planting materials either cassava stems,cashew seedlings,oilpalm seedlings to maximize profit.
We have got you covered!
More cassava stems expected over the next weeks to be cultivated on our over 600 acres for this season.
Get involved....agric pays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oK9cEXvOmg

In need of fertile farmland,high yielding cassava stems,cashew/oilpalm seedlings, etc want to setup your farm,then get in touch through +2348164628081;+2348092034147.
#agriculture#agricbusiness#agribusiness#farm#farming#cassava#waleagro#lagos#portharcourt#abuja#ogbomoso#ilorin#ijebuode#investor#farmsetup#farmmanagement.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2020
This is the time to take the bull by the horn and get involved in agriculture

I am seeing great opportunities as well as great challenges as regards food security in this country due to the current situation we find ourselves.

This is the right time to engage in food production.
#Getinvolved
#DoAgric
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:20am On Jul 04, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2020
Dream, aspirations do come through only if it's back by actions.

Yes,you want to have a 10,30,50,100,600 acres of cassava,plantain,cashew, oilpalm etc generating income for you year in year out but what are you doing about that goal now.

What action plan are you taking towards it?
If you want to bring it to reality,then you need to work towards it.

You want to have additional source of income,what steps are you taking to achieve that.

You want money to be working for you when you retire from active service,then how are you investing now?

You are not satisfy with your current income,then what steps are you taking improve on it.

If you want your dream to become a reality,back it up with action.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

Cashew is one of the profitable crop you can get invest in but before you start,you need to get proper information.
The above thread will guide you on how to go about it.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by jessybabe46(f): 6:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:
https://www.nairaland.com/4493487/how-setup-establish-own-cashew

Cashew is one of the profitable crop you can get invest in but before you start,you need to get proper information.
The above thread will guide you on how to go about it.
Happy to be associated with a very reliable,hard-working and trustworthy person.
How far for our farm?
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
jessybabe46:

Happy to be associated with a very reliable,hard-working and trustworthy person.
How far for our farm?
Thank you so much
It's going on well.
You can call me for updates.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Nedlog01(m): 8:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.
It's for those in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2020
Good one.
Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:48am On Jul 13, 2020
How to invest in agriculture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oK9cEXvOmg
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2020
The future millionaires and billionaires of Africa will not be coming from oil and gas sector,they will be coming from the agriculture sector but I want African countries to be looking at agriculture as a business,not as a way of life.
Nobody smokes gas,nobody drinks oil but everybody eats food
So food is critical and that's what Africa has a comparative advantage in - Akinwumi Adesina (President Africa Development Bank)

According to World bank, In 10 years from now, Nigeria will be the third most populated nation in the world after China and India.

There is need for all hands to be on deck and every Nigerians get involved not only to food-secured our country but to generate sustainable wealth through the business of agriculture.

Want to start your own farm business with fertile, problem-free farmlands on any of our farm estates?
Kindly get in touch.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2020
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Edibleskit: 11:12pm On Jul 14, 2020
Please how can I get the market for my plantain. I have over 3 acres of plantain. Any buyer or recommendations.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2020
Edibleskit:
Please how can I get the market for my plantain. I have over 3 acres of plantain. Any buyer or recommendations.
Where is your farm located?
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:16am On Jul 17, 2020
How do you manage the risks in your farm business?

Apart from the risks of not having the necessary insights into the farm business you want to engage in and doing it all alone,there are other risks to be managed from your end for a successful farm business.

For instance,fire poses a major operational risks to cashew farm business.

How do you de-risk this problem?

By creating a fire break around your farm

Ultimately,you need to have a premium farm insurance in case of unforeseen events.

I did a video some years ago about cashew nuts in ogbomoso on my YouTube page
Kindly find the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GXbAdmg1JU

1 Like

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Edibleskit: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Where is your farm located?
Ile-Ife sir.
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edibleskit:

Ile-Ife sir.
Okay.
Let's talk on 08164628081
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Edibleskit: 8:49pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lesgupnigeria:

Okay.
Let's talk on 08164628081

Are you on WhatsApp?
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Edibleskit:

Are you on WhatsApp?
Yes,I am
Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:52am On Jul 20, 2020
One of the important things that shod be done during land clearing is to make sure that the topsoil is preserved.
The topsoil is your yield.
Once it's gone,your yield is gone so experience operator is needed to ensure preservation of the topsoil.
At Waleagro,the field team make sure you have the best land preparations for optimum yield.
Farmland is also available for sale at any of the farm estates in ilorin (kwara state), ogbomoso (Oyo state) and ijebu-igbo (ogun state)
Kindly DM for more info

Re: My Experience: 11 Years On Nairaland Setting Up &Talking Agribiz (With Pictures) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2020
*Why it's important to insure your farm business*

Insuring your farm assets,farm investment is very essential to mitigate on calamities beyond your power that might come up during operations on the farm.
It saves you stress,money and time.

The video below are few of the bad occurrences that can happen on the farm beyond your control that require insurance.
If you've got farmhouse on your farm,you need insurance.
If you have livestocks,they need insurance
If you have crops (cash or arable),they need insurance.

If you are looking for good reliable insurance company to use,you can get in touch.

We have tested and trusted ones that we use on our various farm estates.

Also,do not forget that we have problem-free,fertile farmlands for sale at our farm estates in ijebu-igbo (ogun state), Ilorin (kwara state) and ogbomoso (Oyo state)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZQ3xSKB3E

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Olasele Anthony Accuses Polaris Bank Of Freezing His Account, Claiming He’s Dead / Christmas: Crowd At Owerri Mall, Shoprite (Photos) / How Do I Start An Oil And Gas Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.