Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? (50162 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / Surprise Proposal By Nairalander To His Girlfriend That Caught Everyone Unaware / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by hybridblood07(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Nice advise. We need more sensible people like you on NL and not the kids that says trash all the time.
smithes:
First of all, stay away COMPLETELY from that colleague of yours. Apologize to your man & let him see genuine repentance in you. Peradventure he'll forgive you though he may find it hard to forget for now. He may also find it hard to trust you in future. All the same, let him see you are truly sorry.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by ohduz1988(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Same thing happened to me. I find it hard to get on with my girlfriend. Though we still together but the love and trust is no more there. I tried to live her again but i just can't. In my heart i have forgiven her but i can't just forget

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Kakamorufu(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Move on. Chances of him taking you back is so slim.. as in 1/1000 chances.

Men don't take back cheating partners, only if the man is sex starved will he consider to have u back for the road.

8 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Omonigeriarere: 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:

Thank you.

I know that my advice might be painful and too strict. Please move on.

I am a man and I know what I am talking about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by ikechukwu21(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
My dear take things easy. I understand how you feel. The truth is that men by nature are highly jealous and overly protective of whatever or whomever they love even though they hardly show it. Once a woman drifts into cheating in any form, the average man would not tolerate it. You sound like you're not young anymore and will like to settle down quickly that's why you seem desperate. But I'd advise that you calm down, take a deep breath and ask yourself if you can actually bear the fact that even if you marry this guy he will never be able to trust you again till death do you part. Is that something you can bear? I'd advise you move on. If there's something valuable about you that made him feel complete, he'd come back for you but if not he wont. Because the more you try to pacify him, the more mad he'll become. He needs to settle down to see beyond your mistake and how it has hurt him. He needs time alone. If your mistake overwhelms your value he will never accept you back but if your value overwhelms your mistake, he'll come back for you after sometime. But whatever the case, I'd advise you force yourself to stay alone from now on. The mistake has been made but it's not the end of your life. Just focus on being a better person so that whether with him or with another man, you'll excel in your relationship. All the best dear.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by cococandy(f): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2019
I just read the first paragraph and couldn’t go on.

You actually read this and posted it?

JERRY1925:
Sometimes when a man genuinely love you.. He wants you just to himself. Your body becomes his pride.. Because in most cases that's the only thing a man values in a woman .. It's priceless knowing you have a girl or a wife no other man can touch.
It's priceless knowing u have a girl u can leave for weeks and she's intact.
But for women it's different, u don't really value our body that much.. U value our possessions, our future.. Our strength and if we fall short, u change course.

Well, to my answer.. If u truly love your man.. Stay away from your friend...stay so far away.
Give your man some month..prove to him you've stayed far. Prove to him it won't happen again..you can do this, by giving yourself time to heal and also giving him some space to miss u. He will come around. But give him time to think. And don't give him room for second thought.

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by backbone503(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2019
- When in a relationship, try understand how the opposite sex thinks.
- If you love and want him, never cheat on him. If you do, no matter how far you two have gone, he'll see in an entirely different light.

5 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Trutherme: 11:22pm On Dec 11, 2019
cheesy
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2019
cococandy:

He's not wrong.

7 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by macho44(m): 11:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:
I know I'm going to receive a lot of bashing here but I don't mind as I'm looking for solution. I've been following other related threads on the topic and it seems most men don't forgive women that cheated on them.

I cheated on my man. This happened over a year ago when the relationship was going through a rough patch. Actually I didn't set out to cheat and never planned it.

In fact the person it happened with was a person I was confiding in when I was trying to get solutions to my relationship issues.

This person was my married colleague that I joined to work in his car. I thought I could get mature advice by telling him. I was weak and emotionally down and on one of such days of crying to him it happened in his car.

It happened like 3 more times because I go to work with him and come back with him. But I was overcome with guilt (because he was married and for cheating) that I had to stop. But my mistake was that I didn't cut him off completely.

I remained cordial friends with him since he is a colleague and I stopped joining his car. He also moved to another branch. He called occasionally to try his luck but I never gave in. Somehow my man became suspicious by his calls and one thing led to the other and I had to confess.

My man said he has forgiven but can't get back together again. I have been following other threads with similar topics and I saw that men find it very hard to forgive a woman that once cheated.

In this case I'm truly sorry, I have learnt my lessons and I can never make that kind of mistake again. I don't love the man in question, I never wanted anything from him apart from advice from the onset, I stopped on my own, I only remained friends because he was my colleague. I love my man and will do anything to keep him and win his trust back. I'm not a cheat by nature.

I'm heartbroken and filled with guilt and regret. I can't talk to anyone in my circle for fear of condemnation because I'm wrong in every area.

Please is there any hope for me? How do I go about winning him back? How do I convince him that I truly regret my actions? How do I help him heal?
After EATING your CAKE, now u wan to have it? Hanty, haba!!!!! Kole work ooooo. Besides, you cant win your man back, he is not a TROPHY. To err is human, forgiveness is divine. Ya erred in error, and tis a good thing you is sober and repentant now. However, somethings can never be undone. I suggest you move ahead, life always gives us a second chance, it's called TOMORROW.

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by davillian(m): 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
We 2 types of cheating
Cheating without getting pregnant
Cheating and getting pregnant
Then we have 2 types of cheaters
Constant cheaters
1time cheater.

I can only forgive a 1time cheater and the relationship
While the others is to forgive and end the relationship

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
I really don't know what to say ,but it depends on what you bring to the table. Some relationship goes beyond sex, there are people you love blindly and you wonder if you have eaten konobi just like my Oyinkansola who I have now adopt has a sister to avoid story that touch.Well guys don't really have problems like that they are naturally polygamous in nature and always ready to shoot,definitely they are shooting at women. I would just advice you get a new relationship if you know you can't live with guilt or up your game or simple balance the equation by setting him up with those girls with tooth pick legs....shikena I rest my case.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by bluefilm: 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:
I know I'm going to receive a lot of bashing here but I don't mind as I'm looking for solution. I've been following other related threads on the topic and it seems most men don't forgive women that cheated on them.

I cheated on my man. This happened over a year ago when the relationship was going through a rough patch. Actually I didn't set out to cheat and never planned it.

In fact the person it happened with was a person I was confiding in when I was trying to get solutions to my relationship issues.

This person was my married colleague that I joined to work in his car. I thought I could get mature advice by telling him. I was weak and emotionally down and on one of such days of crying to him it happened in his car.

It happened like 3 more times because I go to work with him and come back with him. But I was overcome with guilt (because he was married and for cheating) that I had to stop. But my mistake was that I didn't cut him off completely.

I remained cordial friends with him since he is a colleague and I stopped joining his car. He also moved to another branch. He called occasionally to try his luck but I never gave in. Somehow my man became suspicious by his calls and one thing led to the other and I had to confess.

My man said he has forgiven but can't get back together again. I have been following other threads with similar topics and I saw that men find it very hard to forgive a woman that once cheated.

In this case I'm truly sorry, I have learnt my lessons and I can never make that kind of mistake again. I don't love the man in question, I never wanted anything from him apart from advice from the onset, I stopped on my own, I only remained friends because he was my colleague. I love my man and will do anything to keep him and win his trust back. I'm not a cheat by nature.

I'm heartbroken and filled with guilt and regret. I can't talk to anyone in my circle for fear of condemnation because I'm wrong in every area.

Please is there any hope for me? How do I go about winning him back? How do I convince him that I truly regret my actions? How do I help him heal?

I won't lie to you.

I don't really know why but it's really really very hard for men to forgive women who cheated on them.

The funniest part is that even if the man is a cheat himself, he still doesn't want his own bitch to cheat on him.

10 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by ednut1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
grin grin move on
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by saasala(m): 11:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
lessonsoflife:

Just speaking from experience and what I have observed.
In most working environment women who are married are the easier to get laid.
They feel that is the only environment they can have sex without their husband suspecting after all, she is going to work.
Before you were laid, you have already made that decision long time ago.
You used the excuse of misunderstanding to hit the man.
Most women believe they are smart but then they are not.
I am sure if your colleague wasn't married, you would have dumbed your man. But u know what, after sex nothing is left again. Many women cry at midnight for this same act you have done.
Thank you God for blessing your children with good wives.

You get sense.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Viking007(m): 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
Shibaraba:
I'm here to bash and I will do so thoroughly. My name is shibaraba and I don't mince words.

Not once, not twice but thrice. Well Peter denied Jesus three times. Your man is not Jesus. And I hope he never forgives you.
How dare you.
I'm feeling his pain as I speak.
As in My personal punna somebody nack am. No be even for better hotel.... For inside car. Abasimikipanyong. Cheating is a process. What lead you to do it once it's sure you'll do it again.
Me advice for you, better continue nacking your colleague and leave your man. For if I was your man, we will keep dating till My wedding day... With another. Turn you to lord of the rings. You go turn maid, cook, driver, anything I want and I still won't marry you. For I will always see you as an okpo. And anytime you come back from an outing na soso sperm I go dey smell around you because e go be me like say you just go lick preeq finish.
No vex... Na my mind I talk. Truth is bitter. This is the truth
Trust me, you've said the mind of 99.999% of men. Cheating goes beyond sex, Butterscotch92 has permanently shattered the guy's ego. Damn! Me too dey feel the pain.

Butterscotch92, forget about him and move on. He doesn't need your help to 'heal'. The possibility of him wanting you again is -0. Infact going back to him is you putting yourself at risk.

Now you know why men don't forgive. While cheating for you women is all about sex, womanizing etc for men it goes waaaay beyond that.

6 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
It's over.

My girlfriend once cheated on me many years back.

You have no idea the hurt it causes if your guy is faithful.

Believe me, its likely the end.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by stubbornman(m): 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
Do you know how it feels when he pops the question "Did he fvck you??" and you say YES!!!!...... Damn eh dey pain oooh I swear especially when he has been faithful to you....oboy... My ex did same to me she even left with the guy without remorse ...when she was trying to come back I cleared her once by telling her that even though she is the right woman for me from wherever it's either I get married to the wrong woman or remain single... I don't even take her calls anymore!!!

11 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by DownChelsea(f): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
backbone503:
Never give anyone a second chance to hurt you.
unfortunately, only men understand this maxim. Women will keep giving millions of chances which men will never give. Men will always gamble to stay secure, while women will always gamble to get hurt.

A man cannot completely forgive a cheating (or even intended cheating) woman, AND IT IS A FACT. Any such forgiveness from a man would only be based on pity and not real. In the man’s mind, he has moved on siiiiiiiiince!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
EngrMarve:
Well I don't do girlfriend, does she need your forgiveness since you are not married to her? You are fornicating with someone's daughter and the dad is forgiving you, why don't you forgive her?

I do wife.
If she cheats I forgive her, that is love.

Arrant nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:

If you were nice to him and committed to the relationship asides cheating on him when you had issues, then you need to let go of your guilt. You tried, relationships no easy. Na date una date, no be marriage.

He'll come back to you if he truly forgives you, misses you and wants a future with you, it's his choice. There's nothing you can do to make him go back to you, he has to make that decision not you.

Give him time to get over everything that happened, maybe he'll come back to you.

You're not the worst person on Earth. You don't need a man's validation to feel good about yourself, what matters most is that you're sorry about what you did and have apologized to him.

The people bashing the girl and calling her all sorts of names are most likely kids and know nothing about relationships and fidelity.

OP the fact that you want him back shows you have a heart and functional conscience, I no dey find babe/wife if not I for hustle you.

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by nedekid: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:

In all honesty, just walk away. He will never trust you ever and it will only get worse. Luckily you both are not married and have kids cos that may be a reason to force and tame him. But heck it will be worse as he will always remember.
Better for you to have a new start and not make same mistake again.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by InvertedHammer: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:

/
If he sees you as a girlfriend, he will forgive.
If he thinks of you as someone he may have a future with, he won't forgive.
His mind will continually play games on him with imaginations--your moaning, your kissing and the man thrusting into you.

Even if he pretends and you get back together, the topic will come back up again in the near future when his love starts to wane.

Move on. It is over. The mental anguish is not worth it.

\

7 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Jreece19: 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:

hmm...some secrets should stay secret...or better carry am enter grave....if I dey your shoe...I will never confess. me don't have any conscience as I dey so...you know wetin go happen if you spilled the beans. you did anyways now see...my advice move on..cos if you stay yu turn side chick be that...the rule dey simple..."don't get caught"
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Sanchez01: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:
I know I deserve all the bashing I'm receiving here and more. But I wonder why it's very difficult for most to believe that I'm actually repentant about the whole thing. I know I really hurt my man which is part of my pain. I can never repeat such action no matter the circumstances with what I've learnt and I believe if I am lucky enough to get a second chance I'll be a much better version of myself and be forever grateful. It happened in the car because I wouldn't have agreed to follow him elsewhere by then it would be premeditated. I rejected every of his attempt to meet him anywhere else. Those were moments of weakness although it cannot be justified.
You'd fall again and again. Cheats don't just change. In a situation whereby there's turmoil in your relationship, you'll cheat all over again and this is the thing with cheats.

You claim it wasn't premeditated but it happened on three occasions? I doubt you're yet to come to terms with the truth or you let that out just to sway opinions and sympathy. Once? I would believe he clearly exploited you and took advantage but a second and a third? If this isn't a sign of a serial cheat then I wonder what it.

That said, it is possible he has forgiven you but want does not want anything to do with you. I could forgive a business partner who cheats me but it doesn't mean I might want to do business with them again.

Move on already. You'll be fine in the end.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Ashley86400: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Butterscotch92:
Thank you all for your words. I have picked some lessons from them. But some of your opinions don't define me or my actions in the future. I have heard and I don't have a choice but to keep it moving. I already know all my actions are wrong, I only brought it here not to garner pity but to seek ways to alleviate the damage done and you have all told me the bitter truth.

Thanks to everyone that contributed.
If this is a real story.
Move on.
To those calling you ashawo and telling you how stupid you are. .fuckkk them all.
People will always put up appearances and play judge without applying sense.
She asked if you think the guy will take her back, you all are using the opportunity to call her names instead of telling her to move on and be a better person.
Many women have committed suicide because of the harsh words of people ever condemning and not cautioning.
In the end they are all cheats too. Many of these useless guys cheat on their girlfriends too. And many of these girls are dating more than one guy.
And back to you, what you did was wrong, but not unheard of. At one point in time someone will cheat in a relationship for different reasons. .regardless of what you think, a lot of guys forgive their gfs, just like a lot of girls forgive. .deciding to continue is the challenge. .if the love is strong enough, even a little cheating won't break you. .if one of you decided he or she can't bet on the other during relationship challenges like "cheating", then your union isn't as strong as it is.
Nigerians too like to condemn as if they're living in your mind. You don't know for certain if a person will cheat again.
Move on. Fix yourself and start over with someone new.

5 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by HowDareU: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your type is rare no doubt. I love your sincerity too. What is done can't be undone. my advice is let go and move on my dear. Moreover, your colleague took advantage of your fragile emotional state; weird indeed. I hope you are a strong, focused and ambitious lady now, pursuing your lofty dreams? Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by CeeManCollins(m): 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
I think the question is what does a woman offer in a relationship that is beneficial to the male partner?
Ms poster, if you know the answer to this question then you will understand how much you have erred.
No real man will forgive a cheating girlfriend and the reason why some men forgive a wife cheating is because children have been involved but the same day a husband forgives a cheating wife that day he signs his death warrant.
In this part of the world where women have put all responsibility on men such sins is forgivable but unforgettable and a sin you can’t forget then you can’t live with.
I’m sorry, you can’t win him back, learn your lesson, turn a new leaf and let the next man enjoy the fruits of your past mistakes.

5 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Sanchez01: 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2019
uruba23:
I really don't know what to say ,but it depends on what you bring to the table. Some relationship goes beyond sex, there are people you love blindly and you wonder if you have eaten konobi just like my Oyinkansola who I have now adopt has a sister to avoid story that touch.Well guys don't really have problems like that they are naturally polygamous in nature and always ready to shoot,definitely they are shooting at women. I would just advice you get a new relationship if you know you can't live with guilt or up your game or simple balance the equation by setting him up with those girls with tooth pick legs....shikena I rest my case.
Nothing is more irritating than the emboldened. Not all guys are cheap, please.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by openmine(m): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2019
JERRY1925:
Sometimes when a man genuinely love you.. He wants you just to himself. Your body becomes his pride.. Because in most cases that's the only thing a man values in a woman.. It's priceless knowing you have a girl or a wife no other man can touch.
It's priceless knowing u have a girl u can leave for weeks and she's intact.
But for women it's different, u don't really value our body that much.. U value our possessions, our future.. Our strength and if we fall short, u change course.

Well, to my answer.. If u truly love your man.. Stay away from your friend...stay so far away.
Give your man some month..prove to him you've stayed far. Prove to him it won't happen again..you can do this, by giving yourself time to heal and also giving him some space to miss u. He will come around. But give him time to think. And don't give him room for second thought.

Exactly...nice one!

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by abbey621(m): 11:39pm On Dec 11, 2019
cococandy:

It's the truth, most guys are shallow, the woman's body is put far above her mind or attitude. In fact if she's good on the bed, looks good and is clean, most men would sell their soul to be with her. In short, most men nowadays are mumu controlled by breasts or kitten!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lady Warns Yahoo Boys: "Come With Your Work ID Before Asking Me Out" / Kiss-a-thon: Govt Bans Planned 72-hour Kissing Marathon Event In Ekiti / When A Girl Plays A Fast One On A Guy But It Backfires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.