Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? (50161 Views)

I Told My Girlfriend That I Am Getting Married & She Burst Into Tears / Surprise Proposal By Nairalander To His Girlfriend That Caught Everyone Unaware / My Girlfriend That Got Arrested Has Been Released Thanks To Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by tellwisdom: 12:00am On Dec 12, 2019
Forgive you say Wetin happen??.

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by OPADOLA8(m): 12:00am On Dec 12, 2019
Kendumazy:

That's how u na dey talk. Second chance will turn to third chance, from third chance to fourth chances. May God help you anyway.

Baba dey para ooo�
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Richie7(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2019
Lol.. This is interesting You bleeped him 3 or more times? If it was me,i'll never forgive you
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2019
You are only writing this epistle forming "mistake made" because YOU WERE CAUGHT.

You betrayed your ex, BETRAYAL is not a mistake, it is deliberate! Even if it happened just once, it remains a betrayal! You decided to CHEAT because you wanted it not because you were emotionally weak or thrash!

You have been forgiven, that is enough! He doesn't deserve to have your kind back.. God forbid. Go look for another man and learn your lesson with him!

That you even seek for advice to win him back is disgusting...

[s]
Butterscotch92:
I know I'm going to receive a lot of bashing here but I don't mind as I'm looking for solution. I've been following other related threads on the topic and it seems most men don't forgive women that cheated on them.

I cheated on my man. This happened over a year ago when the relationship was going through a rough patch. Actually I didn't set out to cheat and never planned it.

In fact the person it happened with was a person I was confiding in when I was trying to get solutions to my relationship issues.

This person was my married colleague that I joined to work in his car. I thought I could get mature advice by telling him. I was weak and emotionally down and on one of such days of crying to him it happened in his car.

It happened like 3 more times because I go to work with him and come back with him. But I was overcome with guilt (because he was married and for cheating) that I had to stop. But my mistake was that I didn't cut him off completely.

I remained cordial friends with him since he is a colleague and I stopped joining his car. He also moved to another branch. He called occasionally to try his luck but I never gave in. Somehow my man became suspicious by his calls and one thing led to the other and I had to confess.

My man said he has forgiven but can't get back together again. I have been following other threads with similar topics and I saw that men find it very hard to forgive a woman that once cheated.

In this case I'm truly sorry, I have learnt my lessons and I can never make that kind of mistake again. I don't love the man in question, I never wanted anything from him apart from advice from the onset, I stopped on my own, I only remained friends because he was my colleague. I love my man and will do anything to keep him and win his trust back. I'm not a cheat by nature.

I'm heartbroken and filled with guilt and regret. I can't talk to anyone in my circle for fear of condemnation because I'm wrong in every area.

Please is there any hope for me? How do I go about winning him back? How do I convince him that I truly regret my actions? How do I help him heal?
[/s]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by arthorjnr(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Great6Pack:
The worst set of hypocrites in this world are men. You can go Bleep as you like either as married man or while dating but it is a taboo for her to do it.

Let it be known here that I am not in anyway in support of cheating while married or courting. But let the truth be told, if you access 10 men, married or courting, at least 6 of them had at one time had sex with someone not their mate. One thing is sure, if this babe is the one that the man confessed to, she will happily forgive him and move ahead with the relationship.

Why can't men sometimes do same. Especially when you know your mate isn't promiscuous but was overtaken by moment of weakness?

Sis, please gather yourself together and concentrate on your work and life. I give you 3 months, a RESPONSIBLE guy will be dying to be your man. And if your present guy (soon to be ex) comes back, tell him he was in the past but you have moved on.

Please abuse me ONLY if you know you are innocent and never cheat. God is watching!!!

STFU!!
you think it's the same huh?
cheating is cheating no doubt...
but bro,women are more inclined to forgive than men...it's nature!!

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Apus:
Honestly, I don't know for him. But putting myself in his shoes, it will be very hard since sex is involved.

My advice is for you to try healing cos you sound really messed up. Forgive yourself. Increase your worth. Be content that he has forgiven you. Hopefully he might come around.

I wish you best of luck.
May he never come around

10 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by PattyMike(m): 12:12am On Dec 12, 2019
The same happened to me years back. Men pride themselves on having a trustworthy woman which is hard to find. She slept with another and I ended it but I kept her aside for the sex honestly, nothing more. But maybe cus I didn't really love her as I thought I did though I was affected, I couldn't focus, I drank to the stupor that night. She also confessed after I brought the facts to her and she claimed she was drunk and needed me but I was away too long. so it's good you confessed than getting caught, it makes you a good woman regardless of what happened. If he loves you he will forgive and take you back even love you more but also he might have been looking for an excuse to break things off and you gave it to him. Love yourself honey, you're a beautiful soul for being honest.

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:13am On Dec 12, 2019
JERRY1925:
Sometimes when a man genuinely love you.. He wants you just to himself. Your body becomes his pride.. Because in most cases that's the only thing a man values in a woman.. It's priceless knowing you have a girl or a wife no other man can touch.
It's priceless knowing u have a girl u can leave for weeks and she's intact.
But for women it's different, u don't really value our body that much.. U value our possessions, our future.. Our strength and if we fall short, u change course.

Well, to my answer.. If u truly love your man.. Stay away from your friend...stay so far away.
Give your man some month..prove to him you've stayed far. Prove to him it won't happen again..you can do this, by giving yourself time to heal and also giving him some space to miss u. He will come around. But give him time to think. And don't give him room for second thought.

Bro, there won't be time to miss her except he is a man with a low self worth

4 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:16am On Dec 12, 2019
theButterfly:
According to your post, he already said he forgave you (which is respectable of him), but that he doesn't want a relationship with you anymore (which shows he's a man w| standards). You can't expect any sane person to continue a r|ship w| someone who has cheated on them (had sex with another party) not once but four times. Girl, put yourself in his shoes.

Trust is very difficult to repair once it's broken.

Move on and learn from this.
You have spoken well... Will she allow her son or brother to marry a woman that cheats on him? Not to talk of multiple cheating!

7 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by LZAA: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2019
A woman loves completely
Most men don't so when a woman cheats a sharp guy knows she will cheat again
Why do u think women fight fellow women who sleep with their bfs and husbands instead of their spouse
It's because they know that most men are naturally polygamous
Infact some even wish their men cheat so they can lament to their friends blablabla all men are dogs etc
Finally if ur babe cheats oga just know that relationship is gone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:19am On Dec 12, 2019
[s]
Butterscotch92:
I know I deserve all the bashing I'm receiving here and more. But I wonder why it's very difficult for most to believe that I'm actually repentant about the whole thing. I know I really hurt my man which is part of my pain. I can never repeat such action no matter the circumstances with what I've learnt and I believe if I am lucky enough to get a second chance I'll be a much better version of myself and be forever grateful. It happened in the car because I wouldn't have agreed to follow him elsewhere by then it would be premeditated. I rejected every of his attempt to meet him anywhere else. Those were moments of weakness although it cannot be justified.
[/s]
Forget about this crap and allow your ex move on! Go and do your repentance with a new man

7 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by arthorjnr(m): 12:19am On Dec 12, 2019
chiomzy86:

Blame your big mouth..u didn't offend him,u offended God,so u should confess only to God and ask for his forgiveness. The guy u dey confess to has been cheating as well,but he was wise to keep it to himself. I guess u HV learnt your lesson the hard way

wow
someone can be this dense.
and you know he's been cheating exactly how?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by mickykhe(m): 12:20am On Dec 12, 2019
Forget dat your guy, he must have over loved u but now he will only mess u up if u try to force him to come back dat u have chanced. Don't go back to him, move on, Forgive urself and blame him abit for him allowing u to cheat. Look for someone else and start anew. My advice stop feel to bad and move on, never go back even if he comes back for u.cos at the end u will still be hurt.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 12, 2019
It's not so impossible cool
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by ZooOga: 12:22am On Dec 12, 2019
great story... i don't even know you but forgive you. grin

sometimes good married joystick is too much for some single women to manage & handle.
move on with your life and remember your lesson. the broda's mind is never gonna be right for you, especially if he remained loyal. he may not call u a bunch of names but inside you are scum to him.

car sex huh? i heard dat be fun if u find a quiet spot. wink

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by bezimo(m): 12:23am On Dec 12, 2019
Butterscotch92:
I know I'm going to receive a lot of bashing here but I don't mind as I'm looking for solution. I've been following other related threads on the topic and it seems most men don't forgive women that cheated on them.

I cheated on my man. This happened over a year ago when the relationship was going through a rough patch. Actually I didn't set out to cheat and never planned it.

In fact the person it happened with was a person I was confiding in when I was trying to get solutions to my relationship issues.

This person was my married colleague that I joined to work in his car. I thought I could get mature advice by telling him. I was weak and emotionally down and on one of such days of crying to him it happened in his car.

It happened like 3 more times because I go to work with him and come back with him. But I was overcome with guilt (because he was married and for cheating) that I had to stop. But my mistake was that I didn't cut him off completely.

I remained cordial friends with him since he is a colleague and I stopped joining his car. He also moved to another branch. He called occasionally to try his luck but I never gave in. Somehow my man became suspicious by his calls and one thing led to the other and I had to confess.

My man said he has forgiven but can't get back together again. I have been following other threads with similar topics and I saw that men find it very hard to forgive a woman that once cheated.

In this case I'm truly sorry, I have learnt my lessons and I can never make that kind of mistake again. I don't love the man in question, I never wanted anything from him apart from advice from the onset, I stopped on my own, I only remained friends because he was my colleague. I love my man and will do anything to keep him and win his trust back. I'm not a cheat by nature.

I'm heartbroken and filled with guilt and regret. I can't talk to anyone in my circle for fear of condemnation because I'm wrong in every area.

Please is there any hope for me? How do I go about winning him back? How do I convince him that I truly regret my actions? How do I help him heal?

See what male bestie have caused grin.
Guys hardly forgive cheating gf..thats 100% fact..to get him back will be very hard but not impossible..you will have to do something extraordinary that you haven't done before in the relationship and maybe get his best friend on your side..if you know him..he would be able to convince him that he should take you back.but that's no guarantee.. I feel for you because it's obvious you regrets what you did but maybe it's too late..or maybe not.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by AntiMCU: 12:23am On Dec 12, 2019
Butterscotch92:

Move on!
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:26am On Dec 12, 2019
hkidola00:
dont annoy me pls ,which repent?.. I forgave my gf who was intimate wit her cousin 2wice,a year later now, she's back cheating on me wit another guy, just b'cos I aren't picked her call for two months... she started dating another fast fast... if ur husband abandon u for two months, I'm sure u will hop on another dicckkksss again.. idiots
Never EVER take back a cheat! Forgive and BREAK UP

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Chiangel2626(f): 12:30am On Dec 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]i pray he forgives you cause this is heartbreaking and even if he forgives you note � that he can never trust you and that’s a big one to worry about.
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by caracas: 12:30am On Dec 12, 2019
DownChelsea:
pls fall in love with and marry me. Since you will forgive wife
Serial cheater identified
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:32am On Dec 12, 2019
Godsonjolly:

Even if no one forgives you, God has forgiven you and I too forgive you lol. No girl would confess, but you did. Tho you wrong but there's no need judging you with that. What is done is done and what is gone is gone. It's really hard to let go cos we humans. It will only take great love and strength to forget such. Just be yourself, forgive yourself, enjoy yourself, don't get bothered over the issue dear. Afterall men do marry a repentant prostitute. And you not a prostitute. Since you have changed and admit your faults, try talk to your ex, make him see reasons that u changed and won't ever commit such, u can also pray for God to touch him or do whatever you believe in. But if he doesn't, leave him. A better person will come by and won't even look at your past. Be good dear, be safe and stop hurting yourself. Love doesn't get exhausted at all. It's enough for anyone who really wants it. Be good.
Stop mentioning God!

Every man must face the consequences his his action! She Cheated, she didn't do evangelism!

She was caught, she didn't voluntarily confess!

NB: If I was her ex I won't cut off all forms of communication with her completely

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Paulpaulpaul(m): 12:32am On Dec 12, 2019
Butterscotch92:

I understand. We have talked about this. But it's difficult to move on with the guilt, regret and sense of loss. And I want to do anything to help him heal.

The best way to help him heal is to leave him alone. The guy must be a very caring or homely man hence the sense of loss you are having. You probably took his magnanimity for weakness and decided to seek for validation from one married weakling. The guy tried self, if you cheat on me emotionally, I will just move on jeje.

Now back to your heart, sis, we all did one thing we wished we never did at least once in our lives; maybe this is yours. Move on and don't cheat on your next man.

If you force him to get back with you, he will use you. Please, don't demonize him.

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2019
OlaitanAkanbi:

If you truly love the guy find him go after him and beg him let him trust you again don’t hide anything from him let him have access to your phone and contact so he won’t be scared of you cheating on him again go down on your knees beg him ( to find true love this days are very hard )
Only a foolish guy will waste his precious time to grant audience to a cheating ex GF...

7 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by oyinboi: 12:35am On Dec 12, 2019
GTWeb:
What I will advice you now is if you suspect he cheats too.

Or have no idea whether he cheats too.

Get yourself on the page below:
https://smartenwave.com

From there, you guys can trade by barter, forget things and refresh.

Promise to eachother never to do that again.

My 2kobo
�������
After 3tymz nt 1 ,2,3 bt 4 bye bye is d case my sister

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Ryocaj(m): 12:36am On Dec 12, 2019
Never forgive a cheating woman..
I caught my ex thru her WhatsApp chat.. she thought I was asleep n laid next 2 me chatting.. though I was actually asleep but woke up just in time 2 c her back turned 2 me as she kept on chatting with d guy.. she later opened up after so much denial.. she begged 4 forgiveness for abt 2 yrs n wen she saw my mind was made up she moved on.. She told me not 2 cut her off.. She keeps telling me I was unfair that she is very sure she wasn't d only one I was having sex with too.. (In Naira Marley's voice- ole ni everybody, Eni ile mo ba ni barawo.. lol) She said no one will ever luv me like she does.. We don't talk often again coz I realised she has become bitter n gets annoyed at me easily.. coupled with d fact that she told me her life is hers alone n I av no right 2 judge her.. she now does all what she denied boldly.. she dates sugar Daddies n clubs scantily clad.. she uploads raunchy videos etc.. I just mind my biz n reply normally anytime she sends me a DM which happens once in a while..

5 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by oyinboi: 12:38am On Dec 12, 2019
Sorry to say o madam put Ur sef in is position dat he cheats will u 4give him,and even if he 4gives u he go still dey remember once Nd trust me dat nt gud
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:38am On Dec 12, 2019
Thank God you broke up but learn your lesson!

Your ex see you finish! She has ZERO regards for you and you were the last option for her! She would have married those guys if they were serious. She saw you like an insurance and retirement plan but THANK GOD YOU BECAME WISE and broke up!

Next time: Define your standard

Forgive not a cheat
Any girl that sees another man while dating you doesn't respect you
Any girl that compares you with other men has ZERO regards for you

What is expected of you is breakup without communicating with her!

Erums:
This year has taught me alot on relationship. I dated a lady since 8th Dec 2018, she cheated on me with numerous guys at different times, I was broken, really shattered...
I forgave her.. But trusting wasn't easy.

Now instead of her to help amend back the trust.

She now starts keeping tabs with male bestie
Having relations with her married ex
Even comparing me to new man she met and saying that he such a gentle man and knows how to care for a lady.

That is he wasn't AS by genotype she would have left me fr him..

Now that was when my eyes really cleared.. I have lost confidence because I was literally doing everything to convince her otherwise not to take dat step.

Well I braced up... Took control of the relationship, bleeped her like mad.... Break up, make up, break up, make up again like 5 times...

Now I'm done... Im. Leaving...

Lesson of this is ; don't hurt people dat truly love u, love is dangerous, if they get so hurt it can be miserable for u...

I just made her know dere is no future and she started making plans of how to get pregnant for me....

I let her know I'm. Done... Even if she get pregnant by any means me... I can't trust her

I broke up with her 9th Dec 2019....i year of good lessons to ever live with...

Let him go... Cos u done alot of damage.... Well u repentant... Fixing the trust back is gonna be difficult...
Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Katsuke:

Well in your bid to sound like a strong man, you actually came out as a weak one, sorry to say.
Beta Male for that fact, I'm not bashing, just stating the obvious
You stated the fact

1 Like

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by mastermaestro(m): 12:40am On Dec 12, 2019
OlaitanAkanbi:

If you truly love the guy find him go after him and beg him let him trust you again don’t hide anything from him let him have access to your phone and contact so he won’t be scared of you cheating on him again go down on your knees beg him ( to find true love this days are very hard )

Hey!!!!! She doesn't deserve the young man! Let her look for her depraved match! The dude deserves better!

2 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by Kennedyiheme: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2019
Women una no dey hear word... men and women arent the same... the way a man feels when his babe cheats isn't the same feeling as when a lady catches her bf... men have the alpha Male ego, how can i forgive a woman who gives the pu*ssy I'm knacking to anoda man?... lol that $hit would make me feel weak... even ordinary text from guy i saw on my exs phone, i broke up cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? by meobizy(f): 12:43am On Dec 12, 2019
In a world of seven billion people God forbid I’ll want one person so bad I will find it difficult to eat and sleep. Although I have a few females I linger over I try my best to consciously find faults in their attributes, both physically and mentally.

OP, move on. Nothing dey happen. If he tries to come back it’s because he hasn’t found a replacement and will use you only for meantime-sex.

A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Beautiful Amputee Curvy Lady Slays In Swimsuit (Photos) / Lady Warns Yahoo Boys: "Come With Your Work ID Before Asking Me Out" / Kiss-a-thon: Govt Bans Planned 72-hour Kissing Marathon Event In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.