Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" (35019 Views)

Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me Says I'm Wasting Her Time / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / Kenyan Father And Daughter Caught Red-Handed Having Sex; Mother Says 'I'm Aware' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Donbosco46: 3:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:
The girl is just being truthful. She grew up poor and she wants to have a better life. Can't be drinking garri at home and still continue in her husband's house. We are praying for progress not stagnation. sad
Your a fool by saying that na so some of you will carry this mentality go husband house chop him money finish.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
How do people make out time to open a thread For a Friend!! cheesy I’m shook!
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Bizibi(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ebonygirl1:
One of the reasons I dislike some Nigerians. Couples be hiding shitt from each other. If he's having a steady income, isn't he supposed to tell her since he sees himself spending his life with her? Its one of the things that increases his chances of marrying her. undecided
this life is deep!!! Think like a serpent then watch and pray.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Liposure: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
D babe no ready 4 suffering n smiling Marriage

2 Likes

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by meobizy(f): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Is it not better she told him the truth than enter a marriage where she’ll make his life difficult? It is not a must for a woman to accept a marriage proposal. Most men I know married the second woman who came their way after the first one changed her mind.

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Patojargz: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Her matter hoo! Afterall e no get who like suffer.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by seangy4konji: 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
No marry fair/mayweatjer only girl ooo...

If she is not looking at the brighter aide and expect life to be Rosy forever. Make she go find mayweather..if the girl or naygirl ginger you to make it in life another thing,if she tell u like sya if u no get money ,no show..

Ogbeni life Jo hard oo..if the money goes for a while will she stay?

Take am as ginger and double the hustle.

1 Like

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by dalass(f): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
Apeshy101:

There is a job opening in Port Harcourt that was sent to the girl, she is currently in Jos while my guy is Enugu.

Being out of convenience for her, she sent the opening to him and urged him to apply.

My guy turned down the offer politely, complimenting her

Guy: "...thanks sweetheart, you will make a good wife, can't wait to wake up next to you for the rest of my life..."

Girl: lol, thanks, not ready for marriage Sha...

Guy: What if I'm ready?..

Girl: even you know say you never ready come 2021

Guy: what if I tell you that it's today we are gonna marry?

Girl: Lol. I'm not ready to suffer a second time beko...

That's how the conversation went, I rephrased most of the sentences as I can't remember all exact words.

NB: I heard all the conversations, he was playing music through Bluetooth from his phone connected to the home theater when the call came in.
You're the one joor. Friend zone lo wa
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by IcraveLove(f): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Apeshy101:

There is a job opening in Port Harcourt that was sent to the girl, she is currently in Jos while my guy is Enugu.

Being out of convenience for her, she sent the opening to him and urged him to apply.

Guy: "...thanks sweetheart, you will make a good wife, can't wait to wake up next to you for the rest of my life..."

That's how the conversation went, I rephrased most of the sentences as I can't remember all exact words.

NB: I heard all the conversations, he was playing music through Bluetooth from his phone connected to the home theater when the call came in.

Would you be so kind to modify your first post? Because it's like nobody is seeing this one you wrote here.

I agree with the gf, couples should be financially comfortable before thinking about marriage, not only for yourselves, but the children you are going to have.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Eraddray(m): 3:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:
The girl is just being truthful. She grew up poor and she wants to have a better life. Can't be drinking garri at home and still continue in her husband's house. We are praying for progress not stagnation. sad
rada rada.... why Will u depend on ur future husband for ur so called progress... why don't u be the progress urself... instead of being the parasite
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Influential101: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
Apeshy101:

So what exactly is wrong with this conversation ?? someone that's even helping you with opportunities. you and your friend have issues...

You declined the job opportunities and I'm sure you didn't tell her why. You don't care to let her know you've something else going on for you, atleast she'll be a bit relaxed and may be stop looking out for job opportunities for you... You have too much trust issues.. smh

Telling her you want to marry her today, expecting her to jump up when she assumes there's nothing going on with you.. you expect her to be happy to marry a jobless person..smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by cookiejar99(f): 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2019
So u carry ur aproko come here..shioor..
Apeshy101:
I will send him the link of this thread. He is not a nairaland though
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by xendra: 3:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
ikelords:
That you havent found men that love and adore you dosent mean others dont have them as husbands, fiance or boyfriends. If you have decided to go into marriage because of money and probably you have found a man who just need you for child bearing, that's fine and good, stick to what is works for you and dont drag other ladies into your ideology of marriage. Marriage is not for the faint heart nor is it for kids..
LMAO GTFOH cheesy I don't drag ladies into sh!t you men haven't already put them through. this is not a personal story, it's an everyday thing anyone is allowed to live in denial but it's a fact that it happens
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by IcraveLove(f): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Influential101:
So what exactly is wrong with this conversation ?? someone that's even helping you with opportunities. you and your friend have issues...

You declined the job opportunities and I'm sure you didn't tell her why. You don't care to let her know you've something else going on for you, atleast she'll be a bit relaxed and may be stop looking out for job opportunities for you... You have too much trust issues.. smh

Telling her you want to marry her today, expecting her to jump up when she assumes there's nothing going on with you.. you expect her to be happy to marry a jobless person..smh

The way people determine wife material these days is just funny. Don't mind op, he is the friend he is talking about.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Saintmary(f): 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ariza:
Oh well, in this part of the world, a woman is expected to "suffer" with her man as a proof of love. cheesy
We no longer have to tailor our lives to their expectations. We are pushing our own dreams now
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Osyxcel(m): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
xendra:
but there is no respect and adore anymore, so we go with what's available and why are men always crying foul? men marry women only because of children and you don't hear us crying foulcheesy

Fallacy. There are still men who adore and respect their woman.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by zexy2030(m): 4:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
Apeshy101:
"I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" What Does it Mean When A Lady Says This?

My friend has been down since yesterday.

He was talking over the phone with his girlfriend friend, in the course of the discussion, he chipped in marriage to the girl.

The girl stylishly told him "she was not ready to suffer a second time".

They both laughed over it then.

Both the guy and babe are from poor backgrounds but the guy is gradually hitting it steadily recently (though he has kept this from the girl)

I don't even know put this to the guy as he seams hurt by the statement.

Me: "It's nothing, just a way to "ginger" you to hustle or you want make she come your house come suffer"?

Guy is seeing things from a different angle.
He is being childish to be hurt by such statement.
If you are indeed serious and you are making money now, you want to step up to the next level in that relationship..do it the right way, propose to her ( not phone calls). Organise introduction to meet her parent and watch if she will say no.
No woman rejects serious proposal.
Sometimes their No may mean yes, if its the other way round.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by techng: 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Christmas Awoof!!!
Factory unlocked US used iPhone 7plus 128Gb (not refurbished) iOS 13
Price: 105,000
Buy with Warranty
Strong battery
Payment on delivery within Lagos
Call/WhatsApp 07088169633
www.vts.com.ng

Factory unlocked apple iphone x 64gb (not refurbished) iOS 13
Face ID
Battery 99%
Price: 165k Limited time offer.

Call/WhatsApp 07088169633 to order
www.vts.com.ng

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by shogsman(m): 4:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
i think what she meant is that she dont wanna be poor no more,your friend should assure her that he's going to take care of her,we must salute her for her rare display of honesty but on the other hand she must be reprimanded for having little to know faith in your friend.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by abbey621(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
Any guy out there willing to listen, listen well! There's no point worrying about things you cannot control, there's no such thing as the perfect wife material, women are defective by default. Forget the fairytales and the Telemundo crap, in reality if you focus on not only having money but letting the money make more money for you, you'll have countless women to choose from.Majority of Nigerian women marry not for love but for convenience, so make her feel comfortable and she'll jump on your offer without thinking twice. Nigerian men realize that we are kings and as kings some things are beneath us, how can you call yourself a king if you can't take care of your queen? SO IN SHORT, MAKE MONEY!

3 Likes

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by YorubaKing: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
OP... na you joor. No be your friend. Your friend no get hand to type ni?

Thunder fire you for claiming na your friend. angry

Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Influential101: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
IcraveLove:

The way people determine wife material these days is just funny. Don't mind op, he is the friend he is talking about.
Don't mind him, the babe even acknowledged that she isn't ready for marriage herself, may be to better herself but Apeshy101 wants her to jump on him instead of trying to make his situation better too.. smh
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by viyon02: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ebonygirl1:
One of the reasons I dislike some Nigerians. Couples be hiding shitt from each other. If he's having a steady income, isn't he supposed to tell her since he sees himself spending his life with her? Its one of the things that increases his chances of marrying her. undecided
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by YorubaKing: 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
SBL28:

She should go and work to avoid 2nd poverty and should STOP looking for ready-made guy as husband! angry
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by Gudlite: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ebonygirl1:

WHO YOU MARRY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT YOU MARRY.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by NaijadrivaCars: 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
Apeshy101:

Why do I think you are the one? Gwam ezi okwu.
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by webngnews: 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ladies are cunny
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by seuncyrus(m): 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
bukatyne:

Her parents are/were poor, she wants to marry a richer man.

Now the question is apart from looking for a richer mate, what is she doing to climb out of poverty?

Apart from money, what else is she looking for in a man?

Does she love her current boyfriend and wishes he makes more money (hence the non-readiness of marriage) or is she using him to cure her kongi till the rich man comes along?

You sorry your friend needs to find the true answers to these questions before he opens up on his finances to the girl.

He doesn't need a fair weather wife on the journey of marriage.

Most Nigerians believe the only way out of poverty is to get married into a rich home ....very sad
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by kennyclassic: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
I disagree on that. If she knows her man is really hustling and striving to better himself then she should have faith in him. Not when she knows the guy is making it already she’ll now know the guy is made for marriage. Just like a guy Who would be declined for marriage but when the girl sees the guy is about moving to another country that’s when her love will increase. Talking based on experience.
Though everybody wants a good life it’s also good to know who was there for you from day one. This goes vice versa.
Ebonygirl1:
Re: When A Lady Says "I'm Not Ready To Suffer A Second Time" by loswhite(m): 5:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
dasparrow:

She probably is working hard and does not want to settle down with some broke loser who has nothing going for him. Nigerians love rushing into marriage and making children they cannot afford to adequately take care of and that's disgusting. Tomorrow, these poor kids grow up to become a nuisance to Nigerian society and the world at large. Why do you think Nigerians have such a bad reputation worldwide?
she is probably working hard and the guy is sleeping...lol. The way you guys defend women...The guy is not forcing her to marry but the guy don't want someone perching with one leg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Flirts With My Friend / Top Ten Signs Of A Desperate Man / Top 10 Public Alpha Figures In Nigeria, The Red Pill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.