Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (117636 Views)

Olubunmi Diya Hires Lawyer As Husband, Gabriel Diya, And Children Drown In Spain / Olubunmi Diya Insists Pastor Gabriel Diya & 2 Children Who Drowned Could Swim / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by majamajic(m): 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
doggedfighter:
Was god asleep?

point of correction , God don't sleep

he knows everything

ananias and his wife they were servants of God , but when they lied about about God's money , God striked them immediately .
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by litaninja(m): 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
Christians are the ones pushing that narrative themselves. Have you seen them give their testimonies at Shiloh and redeemed camp??

HappyPagan:

Maybe he sinned. Maybe he wasn't prayerful enough.

It's like people believe being a Christian is some sort of protection against 'accidents' and death.

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by litaninja(m): 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2019
God didn't save them?
Couldn't?
Didn't care?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by majamajic(m): 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2019
1Sharon:

Ikr..the holy spirit couldn't advise him to not embark to Spain?

not every servant hears the voice of the master
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by lastempero: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
Riele:
He was a pastor ! Wasn't he prayerful enough ? .

God , why did you let this happen ? .
What reply will his family give to those who taunts ? .

God , sometimes , you make me doubt your existence .

I'm so sad . I also lost a best friend today . He too served you .

I dedicate this FTC to my friend Isaac . May his gentle soul rest in peace .

They left the shitty life for a better place.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by hopefulLandlord: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
milemimi93:
Shut the fvck off lil thot. How dare u qustn God?

getting angry on behalf of god

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by grandstar(m): 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2019
HappyPagan:

Maybe he sinned. Maybe he wasn't prayerful enough.

It's like people believe being a Christian is some sort of protection against 'accidents' and death.

It isn't a "protection". The Bible never said it was. It is not a scriptural teaching

Apostle Paul told young Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:1-5)

1. I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his Kingdom:d

2 Preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable times and difficult times; reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all patience and art of teaching.

3 For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.

4 They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.

5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.

Verse 3 and 4 show clearly what is happening in our time. The Bible never said being a Christian is a protection from bad things happening.

Rather King Solomon said time and unexpected events overtake them all. "[b]Overtake them all"[/b], not just some. Below is what the Bible really says

Eccl 9:11-12

11 I have seen something further under the sun,
that the swift do not always win the race, nor do the mighty win the battle,
nor do the wise always have the food,
nor do the intelligent always have the riches,
nor do those with knowledge always have success,
because time and unexpected events overtake them all.

12 For man does not know his time.
Just as fish are caught in an evil net and birds are caught in a trap, so the sons of men are ensnared in a time of disaster, when it suddenly overtakes them.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by hopefulLandlord: 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
doggedfighter:
Was god asleep?
Nah, he was too busy working in mysterious ways

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by karli4nia(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
kunleweb:

The religion of soul travel. Its just an instrument to try to understand spirituality and God but God's only approved channel is Jesus. You're spiritual from your comment but unChristian. Take time to seek God out personally bro and not religion

Thanks Brother. You have spoken very well.
However, permit me to invite you to study about
Predestination, Karma etc on this thread
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Niflheim(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
@Riele,

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Please take heart.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Estellie: 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Newmans:
I dont understand this story how come a pastor who was supposed to be busy ministering on Christmas left his work in the House of God travel with his children to Spain to go Flenjo for there, God go they catch all of them one by one

U are expected to teach your children good things and not how to spend extravagant lay other's should learn from his story
God sees!!
This one has gone mad grin

"God go they catch all of them one by one"
E don catch the 2 children join nau. E go still catch u one day...

Brain dead mofo.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Judybash93(m): 11:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Water no get enemy

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by karli4nia(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
kunleweb:

The religion of soul travel. Its just an instrument to try to understand spirituality and God but God's only approved channel is Jesus. You're spiritual from your comment but unChristian. Take time to seek God out personally bro and not religion

Thanks Brother. You have spoken very well.
However, permit me to invite you to study about
Predestination, Karma etc on this thread with an
Open and objective mind.

https://www.nairaland.com/5457062/authentic-origin-man-universe/3
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by 1Sharon(f): 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2019
majamajic:

not every servant hears the voice of the master

Of what use is he to the ppl he is pastoring if he can't hear God's voice? undecided
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Riele(f): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
Niflheim:
@Riele,
I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Please take heart.
I will . . thanks .
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
.../
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by majamajic(m): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2019
1Sharon:

Of what use is he to the ppl he is pastoring if he can't hear God's voice? undecided

do u know about Eli in the Bible ? it was Samuel that saw a bad thing that was about happening to him , yet he was a very big man of God
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by 1Sharon(f): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
majamajic:

do u know about Eli in the Bible ? it was Samuel that saw a bad thing that was about happening to him , yet he was a very big man of God

And who saw a bad thing about this man and his two kids? undecided
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by onadana: 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2019
Riele:

God is still God.Your situation cannot change him.NOTHING CAN SEPARATE USBFROM.THE LOVE OF GOD.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
midnighter:
Very crazy story! They just died just like that

How does anybody explain something like this

Simple.
They drowned.
What other explanation are you looking for? undecided
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Ndipe(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
May their souls rest in peace in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Amujale(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
From all the current media commentary i've heard on this particular matter smells fishy.

It was a swimming pool and no other of the passers by thought to intervene.

I had a near death experience on my 18th birthday and it happened in a public swimming pool in a European hotel.

Can never forget that day, i was screaming and waving my hands aloft uncontrolably and nobody came to my rescue.

Some were actually making fun of me, i got back to the hotel room and told my father what had happened and he went ballistic.

Take me there, he said, when we got their all the people he asked flatly denied what had happened.

We moved out of the hotel that same night and never went back ever again.

And i was disciplined and put on a swimming course.

Ok i get it, neither of them are good swimmers.

How can so many people be allowed to meet such a tragic end in a swimming pool without the people present attempting to assist them?
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by onadana: 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
officialfestus:
Pastors and native doctors normally don't see visions for their own selves... Well rip to him and others that lost their life today

My wife saw a vision of her demise.Am sure she prayed about it.It didn't change. She still had that accident that took her life.Once its time its time.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Newmans:
I dont understand this story how come a pastor who was supposed to be busy ministering on Christmas left his work in the House of God travel with his children to Spain to go Flenjo for there, God go they catch all of them one by one

U are expected to teach your children good things and not how to spend extravagant lay other's should learn from his story

God sees!!

Don't worry, it's just poverty mentality messing with your head.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Antoeni(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
Redeem Job
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

So the will of God is for them to die a cruel, painful death while taking a timeout? If you are a father, you would watch your children grasp for air while water rushes down their lungs, chokes them until their eyeballs pops? You lot should take a moment and think deeply of your beliefs...honestly!

Na mumu dey worry that guy, leave him.
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 26, 2019
36STATES:

Going through your post have left me completely speechless. You are a clear pointer to the decay in the Nigerian educational system. You claim to be a graduate in this day and age, but you have a very medieval mindset. Sorry you lost your mom, but it is a real shame you are such an ignorant person. You are a graduate, but you still have superstitious beliefs?

Only crazy fools will take part in such fasting as you wrote, expecting it to change anything in real life except weakening your body system. What you didn't say is whether your mom took part in that foolish fasting, probably that killed her if she took part. Any man that marries your type will only go downward, except by share good luck.

I don't think you can offer much to a man in terms of enriching him intellectually and supporting him to navigate complex and difficult situations to arrive at a rationally and evidenced based decisions. That is what a modern man needs from a partner to succeed, not fasting or quoting the bible for him.

What has education got to do with one's faith or belief? With your education, you failed to know the importance of "diversity" and need to respecting people's choices and opinions.

We have professors; some are Christians, some Muslims, some pagans, and so on. Does it mean they aren't educated? Mind you education doesn't tell you which faith or religion to follow. Stop attacking people needlessly because of your own beliefs or opinions about life or issues.

In conclusion bro......
Live and let live......
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2019
greenmonk:
I just wonder if this cold winter is the best time to go swimming. The shock of jumping into the cold pool can stop the heart. I am a trained rescue swimmer.
The cold period is not the best of times to go swimming without a life saver.

But this happened in Spain not UK. Spain is warmer like 23deg. on that day
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
dalass:

Stop your stupid rants, God is not to be questioned as per our own foolishness.

1. Did any of those family members learn how to swim/ rescue a drowning person?
2. Could they have been doing something else aside this?
3. Since you're mentioning God all the time, did He ask them to go there?
4. Can the blame just be on someone else especially us and not God for a while?
5. Many trips we're involved in, did we even pray about it or ask for His protection. God said we should be vigilant, for the devil is looking for who to devour.
6. Is it just possible that it was their time to go to their reward with God? Many Apostles died horrible deaths and not natural deaths but enjoying in heaven now

Sorry for your loss but don't compound your woes further by hurling insults against your maker

God said we should pray during hard times that he will answer.
If prayer can't save a little, innocent baby girl from drowning, what then is its use?

Many Apostles died horrible deaths and not natural deaths but enjoying in heaven now.

Is that what they told you on WhatsApp? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by fof1: 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Riele:

U WILL KNOW BETTER TOMORROW WHEN GOD OPENS UR EYES TO D UNSEEN MYSTERIES OF EXISTENCE... HE KNOWS ALL THINGS AND OUR BEST...
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by Hoodbilonia: 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
Was it a 5 ft pool
10ft pool
I no understand
Re: RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain by kingxsamz(m): 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
vickydankal:
How quick we ask God questions when things like this happen. Could it be possible, God may have been using different mediums to communicate with them to warn or direct them.

God knew already knew they would die, so why would he be sending signs to 'warn or direct' them? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Top 5 Largest Church Auditoriums In Nigeria (photos) / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.