Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? (11608 Views)

Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:28pm On Dec 27, 2019
pansophist:

No, I didn't write or imply that a man's worth is dependent on how women perceived him, but that women find men with resources attractive. Two different things. My stance is also implied by the link I posted, which shows what women consider attractive in men (the subject being women), not what men think women find attractive in them, got it?

Well, you can call money a servant or paint it anyhow you want it, but whether men like it or not, women will always judge a man from the depth of his pocket (ceteris paribus), not from the kindness of his heart. It hard pill to swallow I know, but that is what is it. Women, kids, and dogs are loved unconditionally, but men are loved on the condition that they can provide (Chris Rock). Women are human beings, men are human-doing. A woman will attract a man just for being a woman (with intrinsic values such as beauty, youthfulness), a man attracts a woman with extrinsic values such as his resources and social status. Of course, exceptions apply, but for the whole of human history, this has been the rule, which still didn't change.

Fact!
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

And where in my post did I say a woman is a cure for his loneliness? I'm simply calling him out for what also you think he is : "confident".

OP is everything, but confident. I already talked about this earlier. Loneliness is sometimes attributed to a low-self esteem, which I believe it is in Op's case.

You want to browbeat me emotionally & make me feel sad for creating this thread but you’ve failed.

You cannot get under my skin.

I am enjoying the thread.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by bukatyne(f): 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
Omar09:

I don't approve of the bolded. Why would you go extra to pursue a lady? It is a bad idea. Yes women love the chase and any man they get in the chase usually are not worth it to them. I prefer being unpredictable. She resists you move on and let her wallow in the thoughts of if you'd come chasing again or not.

If you are someone spiritual enough to be led to a lady, then you would chase her extra.

If you feel that there are plenty fishes in the sea and you can point and kill, no need wasting a lot of time.

I believe in soul mates and that one person perfect for you. Most people rely on God to lead them to the person. Picking your soul mate from 3 billion people is an herculean task.

Of course, you can marry others and the marriage will be OK.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Enjoy....are you married?

I want to know because it will determine what motivates you in your quest (whatever it is on NL).

Since you have known me so well and my impact on love life in Nigeria you should know. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
bukatyne:

If you are someone spiritual enough to be led to a lady, then you would chase her extra.

If you feel that there are plenty fishes in the sea and you can point and kill, no need wasting a lot of time.

I believe in soul mates and that one person perfect for you. Most people rely on God to lead them to the person. Picking your soul mate from 3 billion people is an herculean task.

Of course, you can marry others and the marriage will be OK.

Nothing beats a perfect soul mate, but then meet me in the middle is the right way to go about it thesedays not to be termed desperate.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Raalsalghul:
smiley

There is God's will in marriage.

Take it or leave it.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:36pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Your mind's default set is altering basic reality from your viewpoint. If you took off the mind-less, and perhaps read through the same comments of mine again this time with freshness and new perspective, perhaps you'll be able to gain accurate interpretation of my points.

Better put, I'm not responsible for your comprehension issues. It's your responsibility not mine

Deflection and small mindedness, that's what you're showing here, your comment is your comments, there is no freshness and new perspective or interpretation of you saying "menopause causes bitterness and is self inflicted, people like you portray yourself to the world as reasonable, tolerating and unbias, but within yourself, you are struggling with keeping your crass, hate-filled, female bashing venom in check, some days you try and succeed, other days, you lash out when you cant help yourself, today is one of those days,

A man that cannot see faults in his negative comment, who is trying to justify his use of a natural phase to belittle females, just to be seen or perceived as woke, while getting an online pat on the back from his ilks here, is not to be taken seriously or regarded as worthy in any ramification.

I call out people, whether male or female, I call them out when there is a negative generalisation or untrue words of any gender, this is a forum where people learn, not a gender competition or degradation just to appease whoever, enough said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

And where in my post did I say a woman is a cure for his loneliness? I'm simply calling him out for what also you think he is : "confident".

OP is everything, but confident. I already talked about this earlier. Loneliness is sometimes attributed to a low-self esteem, which I believe applies to Op's case as well.

Thesedays everyone comes up with terminologies and that it springs up on Google almost makes it a fact if not challenged. How loneliness equates low self esteem defeats me. As even God saw single men at a phase of being lonely even without a woman and chose to create/bring in a woman. If a man can be lonely before the creation/entrance of a woman, then loneliness has little to nothing to do with female companionionship/confidence but a feeling of numbness brought about by inactivity or inability to fill a void.

So a man can be lonely with or without a woman, and thus isn't I confident because he's lonely. Let's not get it twisted here.

Cc Pansophist Franchasng crackhaus
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Deflection and small mindedness, that's what you're showing here, your comment is your comments, there is no freshness and new perspective or interpretation of you saying "menopause causes bitterness and is self inflicted, people like you portray yourself to the world as reasonable, tolerating and unbias, but within yourself, you are struggling with keeping your crass, hate-filled, female bashing venom in check, some days you try and succeed, other days, you lash out when you cant help yourself, today is one of those days,

A man that cannot see faults in his negative comment, who is trying to justify his use of a natural phase to belittle females, just to be seen or perceived as woke, while getting an online pat on the back from his ilks here, is not to be taken seriously or regarded as worthy in any ramification.

I call out people, whether male or female, I call them out when there is a negative generalisation or untrue words of any gender, this is a forum where people learn, not a gender competition or degradation just to appease whoever, enough said.

You would do well to pass this same message to mindfulness & the other feminazis on this thread.

Thank you.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

You would do well to pass this same message to mindfulness & the other feminazis on this thread.

Thank you.

Go and make money to cure your loneliness.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Comprehension issues with stiffnecked-ness. Simply put, point where I've put down women and how and I'll hand you my password to deactivate my account. And I won't return

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Thesedays everyone comes up with terminologies and that it springs up on Google almost makes it a fact if not challenged. How loneliness equates low self esteem defeats me. As even God saw single men at a phase of being lonely even without a woman and chose to create/bring in a woman. If a man can be lonely before the creation/entrance of a woman, then loneliness has little to nothing to do with female companionionship/confidence but a feeling of numbness brought about by inactivity or inability to fill a void.

So a man can be lonely with or without a woman, and thus isn't I confident because he's lonely. Let's not get it twisted here.

Cc Pansophist Franchasng crackhaus

Don’t mind her. She’s just projecting & trying to chip away at my confidence. What a futile effort.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

Go and make money to cure your loneliness.

The usual retort. Try to be ingenious in your responses.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Don’t mind her. She’s just projecting & trying to chip away at my confidence. What a futile effort.

Be careful fierry isn't ordinary. She's one of the few females ill be wary of, if I were you. She's damn fiery cheesy
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

So a man can be lonely with or without a woman, and thus isn't I confident because he's lonely. Let's not get it twisted.

Did you even read my post? I never claimed his reason of loneliness is due to him not having a partner, but him having a low self esteem.

He cares too much about what others think of him. His reasons of not asking girls out is not because he does not feel like or see it as sth. not necessary, but because of them rejecting his advances.

His reason for wanting to earn a lot of money is also based on him feeling unworthy of being loved if otherwise.
You don't claim to be unbothered, if you care that much about what others think about you.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Be careful fierry isn't ordinary. She's one of the few females ill be wary of, if I were you. She's damn fiery cheesy

Like I care. Who be fiery? I don’t know her.

Mindfulness is their oga & she’s the one I know.

Besides, this is no war. We are all having a healthy conversation. It’s the deplorable feminazis who want to weaponize this thread to lob their hateful ideas.

We must not descend into the gutter with them. When they go low, we go high.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
pansophist:

No, I didn't write or imply that a man's worth is dependent on how women perceived him, but that women find men with resources attractive. Two different things. My stance is also implied by the link I posted, which shows what women consider attractive in men (the subject being women), not what men think women find attractive in them, got it?

Well, you can call money a servant or paint it anyhow you want it, but whether men like it or not, women will always judge a man from the depth of his pocket (ceteris paribus), not from the kindness of his heart. It hard pill to swallow I know, but that is what is it. Women, kids, and dogs are loved unconditionally, but men are loved on the condition that they can provide (Chris Rock). Women are human beings, men are human-doing. A woman will attract a man just for being a woman (with intrinsic values such as beauty, youthfulness), a man attracts a woman with extrinsic values such as his resources and social status. Of course, exceptions apply, but for the whole of human history, this has been the rule, which still didn't change.

Sounds so simple yet it isn't. If money was all it takes to attract and keep a woman Chris Rock's wife would not have divorced him. We are not attracted to a singular trait but to a combination of traits. Nobody likes lazy people. In traditional societies women need to know that a man can feed the family but a man needs his wife to take care of the home which is a whole lot of work too. In more progressive societies a woman who has no education and no job will not be considered by men who have a choice. Bill Gates didn't go for younger models when he became rich and Barack Obama married a woman who was his supervisor in the law firm he started. Human relationships are complex and not every woman is after your money.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Ishilove: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
9 pages! People talk too much in this section

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

Did you even read my post? I never claimed his reason of loneliness is due to him not having a partner, but him having a low self esteem.

He cares too much about what others think of him. His reasons of not asking girls out is not because he does not feel like or see it as sth. necessary, but because of them rejecting his advances.

His reason for wanting to earn a lot of money is also based on him feeling unworthy of being loved if otherwise.
You don't claim to be unbothered, if you care that much about what others think about you.

A woman has not rejected my overtures in almost 15 years.

I don’t even know why I am responding to your half truths. It’s eveident that you’ve embarked on a futile destruction of what you deem my confidence. Good luck on your new project.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

He cares too much about what others think of him. His reasons of not asking girls out is not because he does not feel like or see it as sth. necessary, but because of them rejecting his advances.

I agree with your line of reasoning, but you're overly reading meanings that weren't conveyed. Never in any part of his posts did I see all these.

Rejection is normal. Trust me we men know. Until full financial stability is attained, a man is doomed to continous rejection. I only wondered how women like Mrs. Ameachi got married to a broke ordinary English graduate at this time, or Mrs Thorpido from here or Goodluck, who later became president. I wonder what those women saw to choose to settle for broker dudes
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

I agree with your line of reasoning, but you're overly reading meanings that weren't conveyed. Never in any part of his posts did I see all these.

Rejection is normal. Trust me we men know. Until full financial stability is attained, a man is doomed to continous rejection. I only wondered how women like Mrs. Ameachi got married to a broke ordinary English graduate at this time, or Mrs Thorpido from here or Goodluck, who later became president. I wonder what those women saw to choose to settle for broker dudes

Allow her to continue her false reconstruction of my posts. I know what she’s doing but it doesn’t work. She feels this is romance section where you can shut guys up by calling them broke or undesirable.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 1:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Allow her to continue her reconstructing half truths from my posts. I know what she’s doing but it doesn’t work. She feels this is romance section where you can shut guys up by calling them broke or undesirable.

I love your mental/psychological stability. It's something that's very very admirable... cheesy
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

I love your mental/psychological stability. It's something that's very very admirable... cheesy

Ogami, I have seen it all & I know how they operate.

What I can’t fathom is why they are so irked by this thread. I never bashed women. I just told men to be prepared before embarking on the chase. It is well.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Gettreadyy(m): 2:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
women are easy to manipulate. you need to let women chase you.

as a man you need to be hot and cold, nice and mean, be unpredictable, she's gonna fall hard for you.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Perhaps I am over analysing things, perhaps I'm also not. I already stated why I had come to my conclusions.

"Once I sense a whiff of indifference or disinterest by a woman, I flee to protect my ego"

"I firmly believe that a man’s value is inextricably tied to his economic worth"

"This has discouraged me from initiating a chase as I think it won’t be worth it in the end as it will all end up with the money issue."

That in my opinion is not of someone who has a healthy self esteem and or is truly unbothered.

If you ask someone out, you should accept rejections as well as being accepted. Everyone has their reason, some more reasonable than others. Someone with a healthy self esteem wouldn't be bothered. Everyone is free to have their preferences.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 2:07pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

Perhaps I am over analysing things, perhaps I'm also not. I already stated why I had come to my conclusions.

"Once I sense a whiff of indifference or disinterest by a woman, I flee to protect my ego"

"I firmly believe that a man’s value is inextricably tied to his economic worth"

"This has discouraged me from initiating a chase as I think it won’t be worth it in the end as it will all end up with the money issue."

That in my opinion is not of someone who has a healthy self esteem and or is truly unbothered.

If you ask someone out, you should accept rejections as well as being accepted. Everyone has their reason, some more reasonable than others. Someone with a healthy self esteem wouldn't be bothered. Everyone is free to have their preferences.

Albeit could be your interpretations of events

Furthermore, being on the defensive to protect ego could be hinged on alot of other factors besides a weak/unhealthy esteem. To narrow it down so hastily as ill esteem is what we're saying is an hasty move here. Not that your points are entirely. Invalid

Noticed how you started with " your interpretations".

BTW babe how far, this is the longest you've stayed on a thread since I've know you... Are we safe.. cheesy
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

[i][/i] if you ask someone out, you should accept rejections as well as being accepted.[b][/b] Everyone has their reason, some more reasonable than others. Someone with a healthy self esteem wouldn't be bothered. Everyone is free to have their preferences.

The bolded is the reason why you females are angry, correct?

How does it differ from my assertion that you just want to have the satisfaction to see men chase you & suffer?

Just like you feel it’s men’s obligation to face it, some of us feel we can boycott that problem by being getting sufficiently ready before facing it.

There was no need for the war of words we have had on the thread. I attribute the problem to the usual suspects who are resident trouble on this section.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by cococandy(f): 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
ccffwx:

Cococandy, I just love you. You are an inspiration to women with self respect. Kudos!

Aww . I have my faults but thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by crackhaus: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

The gameplay is real. It advocates all forms of rewards in exchange for good/princessly treatment, and no contrary stance to the female's POV
Lol cheesy
Rewards which in the context of NL would include a big pat on the back for being attractively mature, for being a gentleman, and being respectful.

Count me out mehn, I cannot abide.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol cheesy
Rewards which in the context of NL would include a big pat on the back for being attractively mature, for being a gentleman, and being respectful.

Count me out mehn, I cannot abide.

Hahahaha, I'm cracked up and open grin

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Albeit could be your interpretations of events

Furthermore, being on the defensive to protect ego could be hinged on alot of other factors besides a weak/unhealthy esteem. To narrow it down so hastily as ill esteem is what we're saying is an hasty move here. Not that your points are entirely. Invalid

Noticed how you started with " your interpretations".

BTW babe how far, this is the longest you've stayed on a thread since I've know you... Are we safe.. cheesy

Yeah, that's why I said 'in my opinion '. I could be wrong of course, but I honestly doubt he's unbothered. His posts and threads say otherwise, but you're right I could be wrong.

As for me being the longest here, I just don't want to help with all the 'cleaning after Christmas' , which is why I'm hiding in my room grin
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by cococandy(f): 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
Kunle I didn’t even know you’re the same account as the healthcare (or something) account. I wouldn’t have quoted that your post even though I agreed with it. I would have just read and moved on.

That’s what I usually do for accounts that I know for certain are bent on disrespect. Like you can’t even agree with them without them finding a way to turn around and give a low unnecessary blow. How much more when you disagree with them. Then it’s all ad hominem and personal attacks that’s usually not related to the topic.

Or trolling with multiple troll accounts.

So kunle is healthcare. Noted
kunleweb:

Hahaha you see why I keep saying you're seeing things that aren't there. Apart from the fact that I've consistently taunted cococandy as shiny skull over the years, I've never attacked her persona just like that and consider her to be a classy, strong, intelligent, independent, strong-willed woman, but doesn't mean I should bow to whining. No, I don't need validations trust me. I don't give a fvck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What's The Best Advice On This Matter? / My Daughter Caught t Us Having Sex Plz Help / At What Age Should Your Parents Stop Commanding You To Cut Your Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.