Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? (11605 Views)

Her Parents Sponsored Our Wedding, Should I Be Worried. / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
Raalsalghul:
smiley

Hahahaha
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:35pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

You should stay away from women for a long time, you are not ready to have even a cordial relationship with any woman, your hasty generalisation of the Nigerian women being a certain way, gradually sliding into bashing females here that don't agree with your opinion, asking for proofs of that like its untrue, seeing the proofs of you and healthserve, and then trying to backpedal by standing by your words shows you are very unstable, you have a lot of work to do on your persona, a huge lot.

I don’t see why I deserve this much vitriol for having an opinion. I mean no harm with the thread.

It is well.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
I had high hope for this thread, infact, I was loving the comments, until I got to some pages and I started seeing, "menopause" and other degrading words just to prove certain points, it's really sad that at this age and time, women are still perceived certain ways using something or a phase that can't be controlled as their drive home point, and funny thing is, they don't, won't, refuse to see it as bad, instead, they prefer to call for more re-inforcement to continue the men movement and gender insults, because that is how their points, opinion, can make sense or a prove of worth, crassness.

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
bukatyne:

You said when you sense a whiff of disinterest or indifference, you flee to protect your ego.

That was why I highlighted that statement and responded to it.

Nobody has talked about groveling before a woman to make her accept you nor do I buy the idea of using gifts to woo a woman except you are looking for an elebi.

If you think immediately you ask a woman out, she must say yes, then you must have an overbloated sense of yourself which is pride or a mask to cover your perceived inadequacies which is low self-esteem.

If you want a lady, be ready to invest your time in wooing her and if she insists no, you can move on.

Sometimes, you need to go extra to pursue a lady especially if you are the type that believes in God's perfect will for marriage.

The last paragraph isn't the reality with this generation o sister bulky. It's truly being a while since you were wooed. Persistence is taken as weakness thesedays.

I advice a guy, let the woman do the move on you first, or ask only once, don't ask twice. An insatiable woman is like a suction that sucks the life outta a man.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I had high hope for this thread, infact, I was loving the comments, until I got to some pages and I started seeing, "menopause" and other degrading words just to prove certain points, it's really sad that at this age and time, women are still perceived certain ways using something or a phase that can't be controlled as their drive home point, and funny thing is, they don't, won't, refuse to see it as bad, instead, they prefer to call for more re-inforcement to continue the men movement and gender insults, because that is how their points, opinion, can make sense or a prove of worth, crassness.

Yea Yea, shut the door behind you, while you walk outta here with your tedious soliloques, camouflaged blackmail. No one here has derided good women, none. And we ain't buying the crap you're selling..

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

They hope that menopause will make women settle for their useless existence but it won't. They will keep begging till death do us part. The aging process is not a privilege of women alone. Prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, impotence are real. undecided

And since money is all Nigerian women want, they are doomed to die alone. Buhari will see to it. grin

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

This is gross misrepresentation of what transpired in this thread but it’s alrifht if this is how you want to qualify the edifying & enlightening comments on this thread.

It is well.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by crackhaus: 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Hahahaha knack me stick already. You can see how these women here are trying so so hard to "emotionally manipulate", too bad, the modern guy's unnaive to these sneaky theatrics
Manipulation with deflection, emotional blackmail, and sneaky stratagems, is a woman's ultimate weapon.

The moment a man becomes immune to all of it, they lose their hold on him.
I had my own immunization at birth, not every man is so lucky. grin

Just watch, this comment is already being interpreted as woman-hate by some even when God, Lucifer, Odysseus, Oprah, & Barack Obama knows it as fact.

6 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:46pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Kikiki grin I can tell. I'm under your skin already, five minutes extra, it's full blown orgasm. Better take it easy on yourself and know for sure, I don't give two hoots irrespective of my stance on pro-healthy relations.

#I won't trade off my desire for peace with cowling in to emotional whinings. Nope, never

I noticed that after cococandy quoted your bashing ladies comment, you couldn't quote her on that because you were caught on it, instead, you choose to go personal by attacking her persona, same thing you just did to me, trying to justify your crassness for lack of a better point to make, forgetting that, you tried to brag about mentorship of females and having mostly ladies in your family, as if an evidence of that will change your faulty mentality and mindset of women, you just displayed the CHARACTER OF A TYPICAL NAIRALAND MALE, though you tried to make it unnoticeable with your diction, of which I say, you try.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

They hope that menopause will make women settle for their useless existence but it won't. They will keep begging till death do us part. The aging process is not a privilege of women alone. Prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, impotence are real. grin

Why are you doing this?

Fear God ooo. Men & women are not at war & cannot do without each other.

Please do better as we enter the new year.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by cassyrooy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:
I find it hard exercising patience with, indulging or begging a woman. Once I sense a whiff of indifference or disinterest by a woman, I flee to protect my ego. It’s been eons I last asked a woman out and I get lonely at times, but I am used to my single state.

I firmly believe that a man’s value is inextricably tied to his economic worth so I don’t even bother to chase the opposite sex as I tried to when I was younger. This has discouraged me from initiating a chase as I think it won’t be worth it in the end as it will all end up with the money issue. Am I on the right path or do I try to temper my approach a bit?

Edit: What I am saying is that a man has to have some safeguards to cushion the effects of the chasing process. It’s not advisable to base your chase on just word of mouth. Going into battle with Nigerian women is better with a financial shield.
You're writing about me.

But I'm gradually becoming a little relaxed with the ego, the stiffness and the summing up of where a potential relationship will lead to.

Relaxing a little bit like Healthserve pointed out will help you find the right balance. Please, do compromise a little bit.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Why are you doing this?

Fear God ooo. Men & women are not at war & cannot do without each other.

Please do better as we enter the new year.

We can do without your kind perfectly well.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

They hope that menopause will make women settle for their useless existence but it won't. They will keep begging till death do us part. The aging process is not a privilege of women alone. Prostate cancer, erectile dysfunction, impotence are real. grin

What irritates me the most about this thread is the op. He claims he's lonely, asks if he should worried by his approach, agrees with everyone that says no, disagrees with everyone that calls him out, claims to be unbothered, but created TWO threads today in which he complains about his loneliness. His approach is already final, yet he seeks opinions and validations and as mentioned earlier, complains about loneliness.

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
crackhaus:

Manipulation with deflection, emotional blackmail, and sneaky stratagems, is a woman's ultimate weapon.

The moment a man becomes immune to all of it, they lose their hold on him.
I had my own immunization at birth, not every man is so lucky. grin

Just watch, this comment is already being interpreted as woman-hate by some even when God, Lucifer, Odysseus, Oprah, & Barack Obama knows it as fact.

It's funny, very very funny, very very very funny. It's also childish to witness the petty points these ones are holding on to as a weapon in this arguement ( notice, not all the ladies here are joining sides with them seeing what's not there, forcing a needless gender-war)

The Princess syndrome is real. Big time
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
cassyrooy:
You're writing about me.

But I'm gradually becoming a little relaxed with the ego, the stiffness and the summing up of where a potential relationship will lead to.

Relaxing a little bit like Healthswerve pointed out will help you find the right balance. Please, do compromise a little bit.

Thank you brother. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

We can do without your kind perfectly well.

Nope. Men and women need one another. We can't rather refuse to go without our chocolate-skinned beautiful black women grin
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by cassyrooy(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2019
crackhaus:

You've become a made man bro, not in an economic sense but in the awake sense.

There's nothing wrong with you.
If you're going to beg for or indulge in anything in life, it must be something that improves your overall standing and worth to yourself and your closest friends/family.

Regarding your loneliness, try to seek out women who already have a soft spot for you, women who share some common interests with you. You don't need to be wealthy for this.
I have come to understand that the best relationships with the opposite sex are those that are not forced, those that start on a stable mould of genuine friendship - this is not a guarantee that you will live happily ever after, but it still beats having it any other way.
You must never beg or indulge a woman who has no interest in you.
Man, I really like this your post, especially the the highlighted area.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

What irritates me the most about this thread is the op. He claims he's lonely, asks if he should worried by his approach, agrees with everyone that says no, disagrees with everyone that calls him out, claims to be unbothered, but created TWO threads today in which he complains about his loneliness. His approach is already final, yet he seeks opinions and validations and as mentioned earlier, complains about loneliness.

It's called cognitive dissonance. OP suffers a lot. I would have helped him because I am a very sympathetic person but he chose to go into attack mode and now he will learn the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
healthserve:

Too bad, menopause deems fit as the only/adequate panacea to wake them up, but in the meantime, men need to watch-out for the bitterness they'll be exuding from their self-inflicted conditions

Kunleweb/healthserve, explain in details, what menopause has to do with this thread, of which menopause, a natural phase all women will experience, explain how menopause is a self inflicted condition and makes one exudes bitterness.

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Nope. Men and women need one another. We can't rather refuse to go without our chocolate-skinned beautiful black women grin

I know you can't. The desperation is obvious.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

Occasional loneliness. I won’t lie just to prevail over the impression you’re trying to create. I don’t hate women & I agree I need their company but I won’t dishonor myself in the process.
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

I noticed that after cococandy quoted your bashing ladies comment, you couldn't quote her on that because you were caught on that, instead, you choose to go personal by attacking her persona, same thing you just did to me, trying to justify your crassness for lack of a better point to make, forgetting that, you tried to brag about mentorship of females and having mostly ladies in your family, as if an evidence of that will change your faulty mentality and mindset of women, you just displayed the CHARACTER OF A TYPICAL NAIRALAND MALE, though you tried to make it unnoticeable with your diction, of which I say, you try.

Hahaha you see why I keep saying you're seeing things that aren't there. Apart from the fact that I've consistently taunted cococandy as shiny skull over the years, I've never attacked her persona just like that and consider her to be a classy, strong, intelligent, independent, strong-willed woman, but doesn't mean I should bow to whining. No, I don't need validations trust me. I don't give a fvck.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by crackhaus: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Wow, can anybody imagine the objectivity & unbiased quality of this post compared to those of the usual suspects.

Bro, I appreciate you for your sincere & heartfelt advice. I sure will pick & imbibe most of it to chart the way forward. I have never been deceived that there’s any other roadmap to this thing, I only needed reassurance.

Thank you.
You're welcome.

Ans as for the usual suspects, it's deflection tactics as always, it mustn't bother you. cheesy
Just be sleak with your responses, and don't latch on or you will keep explaining yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

It's called cognitive dissonance. OP suffers a lot. I would have helped him because I am a very sympathetic person but he chose to go into attack mode and now he will learn the hard way.

Lol. Help me? How can you help me?

I came for advice & I am getting a lot of that.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Kunleweb/healthserve, explain in details, what menopause has to do with this thread, of which menopause, a natural phase all women will experience, explain how menopause is a self inflicted condition and makes one exudes bitterness.

If you read my comment without hate perhaps you'll see that I was speaking about "damaged women", something even Bukatyne observed and we discussed about with good civility
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
crackhaus:

You're welcome.

Ans as for the usual suspects, it's deflection tactics as always, it mustn't bother you. cheesy
Just be sleak with your responses, and don't latch on or you will keep explaining yourself.

Thanks jaree.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

Occasional loneliness. I won’t lie just to prevail over the impression you’re trying to create. I don’t hate women & I agree I need their company but I won’t dishonor myself in the process.

I asked a question earlier, which you are still yet to reply. Who is asking you to dishonor yourself?

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by kunleweb: 12:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Mindfulness:

I know you can't. The desperation is obvious.

Didn't I say earlier that politeness is more than often interpreted as weakness. Get your tiny nyansh off my view joor

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Raalsalghul: 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
Toks2008:

Then go look for the money first.
I fucking hate this sentence. angry

Like how much is enough, huh?

Can't wait to live this continent. angry
Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
uninspired07:

This is gross misrepresentation of what transpired in this thread but it’s alrifht if this is how you want to qualify the edifying & enlightening comments on this thread.

It is well.

As much as some of the comments here make a lot of sense and I actually advice you to use them going forward, I do not understand how and why you did not see the demeaning comments on women, made by you and others, I do not understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
kunleweb:

Didn't I say earlier that politeness is more than often interpreted as weakness. Get your tiny nyansh off my view joor

Nothing easier than that. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is This A Healthy Dose Of Self Esteem Or Should I Be Worried? by uninspired07: 12:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
fieryy:

I asked a question earlier, which you are still yet to reply. Who is asking you to dishonor yourself?

I won’t answer this as you know what I mean by dishonor. Go through the gamut of my posts on this thread & you will see it all over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Best Friend, His Wife Is Cheating On Him? / What's The Origin Of Boxing Day? How Is It Connected To Christmas? / What's The Best Advice On This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.