Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It (69139 Views)

Girl Gets No Reaction From Boyfriend As She Spends Money On A Surprise Apology / AAU Student Slaps Her Boyfriend As He Proposes To Her in Public (VIDEO) / Nigerian Lady Buys Hair With Money Given To Her By Boyfriend To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:
Ladies here another reason why we should stick to boxers and singlet...

That 5k would have gone a long way to get many boxers and singlet..
5000 watch too costly DAT should be around 2k in aba ariria that is original
But Bf is an ingrate even if its ugly and fake,its a gift from a friend he should appreciate it
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2020
richPHAROAH:
there are original parfumes for 5k. what you should say is that there there is no good niche or designer parfumes for 5k. before u start to enter me, i presently use Creed Silver Mountain Water and i got like 10 different other designer and niche brands i dont want to start mentioning here. there are actually original 5k perfumes that even smells better than most of the expensive ones i use

Why will I enter you na?
At least youre able to explain in details the categories of perf and the difference between them.

Yeah I quite agree that there are perfs that smell way better than some designer perfs. Difference is, the latter is made by known designers who already made names. So basically some designers are selling names.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by futurewise11(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Do you know who you're talking to?
NwaAmaikpe, spewing wrong grammar?
You truely don't know him.
NwaAmaikpe is one of the best grammarians here on Nairaland. You prolly didn't catch the drift on those words he misspelt. Pun intended. Those are the Aba versions of the real deal.

Stop wasting your energy mentioning him cos he won't even reply you. grin grin..

That guy is obviously a noobs on NL....

NwaAmaikpe is a known clown with astute archives of grammar to show off...

Nice observation from you.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by richPHAROAH: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Why will I enter you na?
At least youre able to explain in details the categories of perf and the difference between them.

Yeah I quite agree that there are perfs that smell way better than some designer perfs. Difference is, the latter is made by known designers who already made names. So basically some designers are selling names.
yes that is true. dior is guilty for that
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Scamperlee(m): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2020
:DSo funny[color=]So funny[/color]So funny
Abeg is this one an original wristwatch and how much can it worth?

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by lucky4west: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2020
just stick to boxers, singlet and even wrestlers hhahahahaahaha...the guy want a gucci wrist watch....
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Jodha(f): 11:30am On Jan 06, 2020
Viciheaka:

5000 watch too costly DAT should be around 2k in aba ariria that is original

It's obvious they cheated her..
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2020
Humility017:

meaning you've never love any of the guy you ever dated....
because you can't love without giving

a man who cant spend on a woman while in a relationship definitely can't spend on her when married...likewise a woman

I believe you've always gotten gifts from your boyfriends... if yes do reciprocate sometimes... though I pray not for you a guy like the above who is an ingrate....

someone like me.... a woman can only humble me with gifts once a while...Such a lady I will make sure she lack nothing...
I once did that to one of my Ex. who lend me 50k sometime then... even though I declined...she insist I take it.
I make sure she never lack a dine, can empty my last cash just for her...

if you're opportuned to date a good guy please sometimes get him gifts it matters a lot...

you can't separate true financial commitment from from a premarital relationship it shows

Wait o....is this the same humility? Azin....HUMILITY? ok.

Mmmm.... Not like ive never loved any guy but I feel....mtchw... Its errrmmm...(chuckle).

Truth is, I do feel like what if it doesn't work? I'll now be regretting all I did for him which will keep breaking my heart each time I remember. So I feel, its not worth it.
If it works, fine. Then I can do anything for him. Not like I dont have a good heart o but the guy has to earn it.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by rapcy(m): 11:38am On Jan 06, 2020
madone:
That watch is ugly na
Won't take it myself
If u can't get quality wrist watch
A good time shirt would have just been perfect
lwkm, you no get chill o grin
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by jaxxy(m): 11:40am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:
Ladies here another reason why we should stick to boxers and singlet...

That 5k would have gone a long way to get many boxers and singlet..

Depending on the level of her bfs taste the watch is trashy and tho 5k which is alot for sm bt the watch doesn’t depict Smtn sensible she cud have just bought a nice tee, jeans or leather sippers or even wine instead. It’s not about the price of the gift bt the quality of the gift. If u even spend less bt get Smtn of reasonable quality it works I think.

The gal has bad taste. Lol

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Brunicekid(m): 11:43am On Jan 06, 2020
madone:
That watch is ugly na
Won't take it myself
If u can't get quality wrist watch
A good time shirt would have just been perfect
Wrong inference you made.

My thought on this: No matter how bad a gift is to you, appreciate it, and tell the person with CAUTION.

The Watch is a gift... Not a message he sent her ooo!!!

How many girlfriend in our time will even do this?
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2020
richPHAROAH:
yes that is true. dior is guilty for that

Dior? Hm...Dior dey try o.
Have you tried their pure poison. In fact there are different versions of the pure poison but their first sample of Pure poison is to die for mhennn....

Its even givenchy that is guilty of some cheap non lasting fragrance. Their base note is not so strong so it wears off easily.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2020
fake and ugly!
better to spend little money to buy fake product than spending big money to buy fake material.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 06, 2020
maynation:

All fingers are not equal na, to you it's nothing but to the babe it means a lot. That Nigga should have appreciated her.
..naso ..

if to say na man do am nw den go sabi shout broke boy upandan. ... abeg don't sugar coat, she's a broke ass
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by richPHAROAH: 11:54am On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Dior? Hm...Dior dey try o.
Have you tried their pure poison. In fact there are different versions of the pure poison but their first sample of Pure poison is to die for mhennn....

Its even givenchy that is guilty of some cheap non lasting fragrance. Their base note is not so strong so it wears off easily.

the one i blind bought after reading reviews was dior homme parfum. i bought this last week and it smells like cinnamon. i was embarrassed when my cousin told me i smelt like raw cinnamon. to be sure, i had to go get raw cinamon and compare, behold it smelt the same. well that is my first dior fragrance. there is this hype about dior sauvage too. i dont plan trying it out blindly though.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her boyfriend is a gentleman with the fear of God.
If you gift me this type of wristwatch, God knows that the only time it will tell me is that it is time to break up with you.

Anyone who happily bought this trash for 5k obviously lacks a knack for taste and financial intelligence.
A lady who can't spot a fake from a mile away will not even know when she is ovulating.

These are the same ones that buy Baclenciaga, Gucsi, Varsace, Tom Fond, Tommy Hilfinger and Friendi for over 10k simply because they are in boutiques.

Tufiakwa biko, iberibe bu oria.

Eleriibu ni ọ́ cheesy
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Alanpoza007: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Do you know who you're talking to?
NwaAmaikpe, spewing wrong grammar?
You truely don't know him.
NwaAmaikpe is one of the best grammarians here on Nairaland. You prolly didn't catch the drift on those words he misspelt. Pun intended. Those are the Aba versions of the real deal.

Stop wasting your energy mentioning him cos he won't even reply you. grin grin..
He never said he speaks wrong grammar. He used the word useless, which is different from being wrong. What he implied is that the NwaAmaikpe guy tries to impress people with big words to show he's well schooled
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by BabaIbo: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
seangy4konji:
pre owned starts from 5k dollars to 200k$...brand new starts from 40k$...you buy lax twpk u think you have made it in life..u have been washed...

My prices are in naira(tho I didn't put the currency).
I think your quote should be for the person I quoted not me.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Humility017(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Wait o....is this the same humility? Azin....HUMILITY? ok.

Mmmm.... Not like ive never loved any guy but I feel....mtchw... Its errrmmm...(chuckle).

Truth is, I do feel like what if it doesn't work? I'll now be regretting all I did for him which will keep breaking my heart each time I remember. So I feel, its not worth it.
If it works, fine. Then I can do anything for him. Not like I dont have a good heart o but the guy has to earn it.

Lol...it's like you know me too well..

but you see having the probable mind that what If the relationship didn't work will not help you to give your best in that relationship...somehow the best and things like this we do in a relationship go a long way to influence our partner's decision to spend the rest of their lives with us or not.

what we do in a relationship some times tells if that relationship will make headway or not...for example being in a relationship with a guy who Is stingin will make you you scared of the future and not wanting to settle down with Him.

I have been in a relationship where I gave my all even though it never works...it still doesn't change me... because the next one I will even give more...because by then I must have improved in knowledge and resources... will keep it up until I find love...want love to meet me at my best.

Dear.... love with an open mind and be willing to give your best..... it works if you're in a relationship with a responsible man..... if it does not work... move on but please make up your mind that you'll never allow anyone change you.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:

It's obvious they cheated her..
very much
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by monex(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
remele2:
U tried atleast.... But nxt time dnt rush into buying him a wristwatch, men love wristwatches but nice ones....
That same 5k cud have bought him a nice face cap... Or a designer shirt even a nice bracelet or a designer Ring....
U tried but, when u wan buy am something.. No mata how small, buy am correct thing.

Indeed. as much as the guy was mean and ungrateful, she needs to understand that the problem here isn't about spending only 5k. The problem is putting little thought or effort into what you can get for him.

The watch she bought is actually 1k and can be bought just by being in any lagos traffic. The guy actually thinks she put zero effort into getting him a gift. That watch is the male analogy of buying a 500 naira expression artificial weavon for a lady as birthday gift.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
Brunicekid:
Wrong inference you made.

My thought on this: No matter how bad a gift is to you, appreciate it, and tell the person with CAUTION.

The Watch is a gift... Not a message he sent her ooo!!!

How many girlfriend in our time will even do this?
very few if I must say. .let me ask u a question. If that guy wore that wrist watch to ask many girls out for u know what their tot will be. ...he doesn't even dress well. .he doesn't dress like a movie actor. ..i can't show him to my friends. ..he is so cheap... Don't reduce my class with ur gift... Do cake get a gift u are know we'll don't gift me a burden for a gift. This is the kind of woman that cook poison as food and expect you to eat it and smile. In reality if a side chick steals their man they run to pastors binding and casting the devil they would have killed with little home skill. ...
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2020
frozen70:

Quality wristwatch at what cost pls ❓
just compare a nice T-shirt at that same price
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jeweltz:

This is true tho. I can relate. Once had a guy who admires designers. Patek, Hublot watch. Told me he's okay enough to afford these things and that's why. He can't settle for a girl that has no taste and can't take Care of him to his taste
God bless ur God mind
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
MrCork:

^^^ gold digger (smh) angry
for the truth
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by MrCork: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
madone:
for the truth

so u scam women? Shame on u sir. U should be are shame of yor sef. U not a real man!(No oofeense). angry
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
daben1:
that's N400 wrist watch bro, I prefer a boxer to that watch
as simple as that bro at least man go still rock am. Instead of this mallam steel this girl go buy
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by ebuclassic18(m): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2020
Sorry lady you were cheated by the seller, the wrist watch won't cost more than 1k if you bought from a mallam,a wrist watch of 3k has more quality than this,but he should have man up and just appreciate or pretend,you wer cheated by the seller
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by madone: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Am sure you're not a devil...

Just a fake smile and a hug plus thank you could just make her happy forever
this won't help her grow
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by BabaIbo: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:

Come oga..speak for your babe alone. Not all ladies are clueless about what to buy or buy fake things. It is you that doesn't even know original stuffs for you to say 5k will buy you designer perf. Which designer perf can you buy for that amount? Ok.. I see its those smart collection copy that smell like the original at the surface you're talking about. Even as at 2010, when I was dealing in designer toiletries, the cheapest which was Fahrenheit men didn't go for that amount. Joop and davidof cool waters that were common didnt go for that price. Issey miyaki that was pure water then for all the Ikoyi big boys didn't sell for twice this amount event though it was common everywhere that year not to talk of now... Hmm..abeg o. Speak for the kind of girls that sorround you.

You know little about perf young woman.
You can actually get a nice and original perf for 5k-10k, don't argue with me because I'm sure I know more than you in that biz.
One thing you fail to note is location, some products have wide differences in prices in different locations.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
richPHAROAH:
the one i blind bought after reading reviews was dior homme parfum. i bought this last week and it smells like cinnamon. i was embarrassed when my cousin told me i smelt like raw cinnamon. to be sure, i had to go get raw cinamon and compare, behold it smelt the same. well that is my first dior fragrance. there is this hype about dior sauvage too. i dont plan trying it out blindly though.

Lol...@ smelt like raw cinnamon.

Yes thats because it's a homme (male) perf they used cinnamon as the base note which is usually a woody scent cos mens perfume tend to be stronger. So they need something that strong for the base to make it last longer. Maybe they need to reduce their base note (cinnamon) if its that embarrassing. Or you can send it over for some tweaking. I could help you douse it with some lovely top and middle notes to balance the formula grin

Just try dousing it with some floral or fruity scents. Maybe your wife's perfs. That'd do the trick. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

German Bridesmaid Disinvited From Wedding For Looking Better Than Bride (Photos) / Maurizio Zanfanti Dies While Sleeping With A 23-Year-Old Tourist / The Director Of Budget Having Sex With Her Driver(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.