Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It (69116 Views)

Girl Gets No Reaction From Boyfriend As She Spends Money On A Surprise Apology / AAU Student Slaps Her Boyfriend As He Proposes To Her in Public (VIDEO) / Nigerian Lady Buys Hair With Money Given To Her By Boyfriend To Start A Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by edoairways: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2020
Akuruoulo:
I have never rejected any gift before .
nor matter how bad it is , I will appreciate it and the giver will feel all happy.

even if I might never use it , I must surely appreciate it to make u feel some worth in urself .

THAT GUY IS FAKE
Exactly! At least show appreciation

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Longman8: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2020
No gift is ever small or worthless, especially when it is given wholeheartedly. We get it all wrong when we don't appreciate people for what they give to us because we think the gifts � cant be measured to our standard. Nothing is too small

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by livebyday(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her boyfriend is a gentleman with the fear of God.
If you gift me this type of wristwatch, God knows that the only time it will tell me is that it is time to break up with you.

Anyone who happily bought this trash for 5k obviously lacks a knack for taste and financial intelligence.
A lady who can't spot a fake from a mile away will not even know when she is ovulating.

These are the same ones that buy Baclenciaga, Gucsi, Varsace, Tom Fond, Tommy Hilfinger and Friendi for over 10k simply because they are in boutiques.

Tufiakwa biko, iberibe bu oria.
[/s]

Over the years I have watched you get older and less wise with each month . Is it senility or is it a plain relapse to the delusions of grandeur you where spoon fed growing up?

I can't say, but one thing is certain the times have betrayed your thinking faculties.

You eschew coherent intelligent comments and embrace mediocrity and cheap humor

What a sad decline of one well regarded.

Sad indeed

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by slowice(m): 9:29am On Jan 06, 2020
This same girl would reject 5k for weekly expenses, calling it Uber money but expect her man to accept 5k birthday fake watch gift. The guy knows what he spends on her normally and wondered why she can't reciprocate his gestures up to 30%at least on his very special day

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Divay22(f): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2020
Escabado:

So ordinary 5k is now such a big money to you because it came out of your pocket. You girls are heartless ooo. But you will allow a man to pay your house rent and other expenses on your head worth thousands of naira . As for me I can't accept such wrist watch. Is too cheap . I wear watch of 45k and above , Hublot,Frank muller,audmas and the rest of designers
Lol
Oga do you know her responsibility, do you know how she got that 5k?
The gift lacks quality "we agree " but sending it back to her and breaking up with her is just out of it..

She would have even bake a cake or kukuma give him the money.
Nobody owes you anything. So appreciate the little they can afford.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Donchichi212(m): 9:30am On Jan 06, 2020
If he truly loves you he wouldn't mind what ever you bought for him. Let me give you an illustration about myself, b4 I married my wife, when she finished serving from nysc she bought me a Rolex worth 4K, I knew it was a fake Rolex coz the Rolex I wear is about 55k, but I never rejected it because I know it would hurt her, and for the fact she thought of buying me something I was happy, but later on I jokingly told her it was a fake Rolex and we laughed over it. Do you know I still wear that Rolex till today, not bcoz it's so beautiful but because it makes her happy seeing it on me. Who you love you won't care how cheap what ever they give to you as long as is from there heart.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by loveliveshere: 9:31am On Jan 06, 2020
Escabado:

So ordinary 5k is now such a big money to you because it came out of your pocket. You girls are heartless ooo. But you will allow a man to pay your house rent and other expenses on your head worth thousands of naira . As for me I can't accept such wrist watch. Is too cheap . I wear watch of 45k and above , Hublot,Frank muller,audmas and the rest of designers
And you think the Hublot or Frank muller you buy for 45k is original?
You need to visit these stores or their franchise, and see the prices for the original not the copy you buy and brag about.

Sit this one out bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2020
No nah!!!
The watch is too fake and dey even scammed you for 5k
That watch is not more than 1500.sis next time buy shirt or polo . Or save enough for this kind of watch just 45k

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Kingrefreshed: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:
Ladies here another reason why we should stick to boxers and singlet...

That 5k would have gone a long way to get many boxers and singlet..

To be honest I used this particular watch when I was in JSS 3. That's 23 years ago.

It's fake!

But the guy should have appreciated. I know maybe he might have been spending huge money on the girl and even throwing her an expensive birthday party because that's what's she wanted.

Only for his own birthday to come and you go get this this this this this kindergarten metal watch for him.

I'm talking from experience!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by loveliveshere: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:
No nah!!!
The watch is too fake and dey even scammed you for 5k
That watch is not more than 1500.sis next time buy shirt or polo . Or save enough for this kind of watch just 45k

Oga stop disrespecting the Hublot brand please. Wear your copy in peace without demeaning others.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Kobicove(m): 9:34am On Jan 06, 2020
GeniusWannabe:
That guy is arrogant.
I have much dislike for arrogant people. Can't have those around me. There are better ways to get it through to her that he didn't like the watch, instead of talking about his personality and crap!

This has nothing to do with arrogance.

I also would not accept the watch!
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by MrCork: 9:34am On Jan 06, 2020
madone:
That watch is ugly na
Won't take it myself
If u can't get quality wrist watch
A good time shirt would have just been perfect

^^^ gold digger (smh) angry
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Kaymaxine(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2020
It goes both ways...
My wife dislike fake things too!!!
I'll rather give her money than to buy fake stuffs for her!!!
They con write "police" for the watch again grin

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by poik(m): 9:36am On Jan 06, 2020
Is the watch fake?
A resounding yes.

What about his approach? Totally uncalled for.

I'm talking at face value, for what the story is worth.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by don4real18(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2020
It is only a mumu that will believe this story
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by poik(m): 9:37am On Jan 06, 2020
Kaymaxine:
It goes both ways...
My wife dislike fake things too!!!
I'll rather give her money than to buy fake stuffs for her!!!
They con write "police" for the watch again grin

There is original Police designer but its way dearer than 5k.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by kutedres(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:

It doesn't matter....she made an effort...the least he could do ...is to wear the watch till it fades...

I believe the guy rejected it because it resembles Nigerian Police watch, and they come write 'Police' on it. I guess the guy detest Police so much.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Mile18(m): 9:38am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:

naaaaah!!! this one no work at all, I'll do same.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by don4real18(m): 9:39am On Jan 06, 2020
Escabado:

Does the watch tell a different time?
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by kunkelhanspeter(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2020
loveliveshere:

Oga stop disrespecting the Hublot brand please. Wear your copy in peace without demeaning others.
I never said it the original from Hublot is just replica but have quality.been using it for 3 years never change the battery �

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Humility017(m): 9:40am On Jan 06, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
Babes. Ntorrr ..
If you gave that Money to your mum to cook soup wait you, momsy too for see small change gain inside.
You now wasted on a common boyfriend who doesn't even regard you and now see the insult.

Abeg girls, this mumu should end this January. Stop behaving like men are about to go into extinction. Men yapaa. Stop being men pleasers all in the name of 'I get boyfriend'. If a guy loves you, if na pure water you give am, he'll gladly collect. Highest he'll tell you to sit on his laps and both of you will drink the pure water in love together. Dont mind NwaAmaikpe.

Collect that watch and send to your granpa in the villa and he'll pray for a good husband that by the middle of this year,youll be dancing to the altar with your loving husband.
Leave all this chingum I feel alright boys you're messing around with.

Wise up.

do you have an idea of how much the guy has spent on her...

though I am not in support of the guy's action...but you know some partners have high taste for some items...like me I love wrist watches.... I would have appreciate something like this because it is a gift by trust me to always get her X5 of whatever she gets me..

most relationships guys spend more...you can't be in a relationship and not spend money on your lover
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Jeweltz(f): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2020
madone:
some ppl are not use to mediocrity . Let me tell u something u do not know. ..guys like that don't cheat or keep side chick. So they make their woman what they want from other women. Wahali that girl is luck

This is true tho. I can relate. Once had a guy who admires designers. Patek, Hublot watch. Told me he's okay enough to afford these things and that's why. He can't settle for a girl that has no taste and can't take Care of him to his taste

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Smellingrillmea: 9:41am On Jan 06, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Her boyfriend is a gentleman with the fear of God.
If you gift me this type of wristwatch, God knows that the only time it will tell me is that it is time to break up with you.

Anyone who happily bought this trash for 5k obviously lacks a knack for taste and financial intelligence.
A lady who can't spot a fake from a mile away will not even know when she is ovulating.

These are the same ones that buy Baclenciaga, Gucsi, Varsace, Tom Fond, Tommy Hilfinger and Friendi for over 10k simply because they are in boutiques.

Tufiakwa biko, iberibe bu oria.

Its the gesture .....if u re someone who wears original u accept it and thank her.....not act in that manner........learn
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by skyhighweb(m): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2020
am glad she even try but i try miss the mark, let face it even ladies complain when there boo which ever number him dey , buy yeye gift dem go vex so yh d guy got vex too, and also lady u lack taste very much u seem very local haba dat thing is urggggg nah, next time buy am many boxers.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Femeto: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2020
Don't mind him.
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by NWABUKA007(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Make up with him and plead.

Once he accepts, start planning on how to use him for money rituals so you will be able to afford authentic wrist watches and cars for your next boyfriend.
haba
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Kingrefreshed: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:

He spent so much money on you and I'm sure he throws an expensive birthday party for you each time your birthday comes but all you can do is to buy this fake a$$ iron watch for him on the best day of his life... His birthday ( Once in a year).

My girlfriend whose now my wife bought me this watch last two years.

Rado Couple leather men's watch. (Google the prize for yourselves).

Now that's a gift !!

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by DownChelsea(f): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2020
Boys are known for not wearing “quantity” as girls. Boys usually dig stuff with quality. A boy would rather not wear a wristwatch than wear a fake wristwatch. While a girl would gladly carry a fake handbag (if that’s what is available) as far as it looks fine and matches with her clothes.

Only girls with eyes for real quality should attempt to go as deep as getting sensitive stuff like belts and watches for guys.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2020
Jodha:

y you gan u no see say the watch resemble toy ni I'm sure it will be from all those aboki
Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by codinight: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2020
A gift is a gift small or big. The most import thing is the intention behind the gift. You can subtly alert your partner about your preferred taste for another time, but a gift remains a kind gesture that should be received without complain.

1 Like

Re: Lady Buys 5k Wristwatch For Boyfriend As Birthday Gift, Laments As He Rejects It by loveliveshere: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:

I never said it the original from Hublot is just replica but have quality.been using it for 3 years never change the battery �

Forgive me then. No hard feelings.
Good morning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Her Phone Is Always Switched Off Every Evening / German Bridesmaid Disinvited From Wedding For Looking Better Than Bride (Photos) / The Director Of Budget Having Sex With Her Driver(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.