Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,287 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? (66775 Views)

Honesty Was My Intention But Did My Honestly Push Him Away? / I Pushed Her Away With My Attitude Now I Want Her Back / Unhappy Bride Refuses To Kiss Her Groom At The Altar, Pushes Him Away. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by TemmyT002(m): 8:51pm On Jan 09, 2020
This would make for a nice movie.
Ramsey Nouah and Simi
You pushed him away
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Roon9(m): 9:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
wizzynuru:
Lol.. And u posted tips on how to make a man happy last year December. Looks like u don't practice what u teach.

Why are you people like this na angry

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by mechanics(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
You didnt, another man that will love you for who you are will surely come, it simply means he's not meant for you.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Isaacmacdon(m): 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
funmisticqueen:
Aunty, your ex wanted attention like a small boy and was not happy when he didn't gett it.

It obvious he is used to dating immature ladies and cannot handle someone like you who is slow to anger and give peace of mind.

The breakup is his fault, not yours.

Try and focus on yourself and move on.

These men are confusing beings. Now that we have submissive, homely wife material, they no want again.

SHUT UP! LIKE, JUST SHUT UP.
What happened to objectivity?

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by djoe21(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Alwaysachick:

She is an introvert doesn't make her less fun or human.

Your true man will never stress you, let him be! If he is your he will come around but I pray you will be taken by then.

If you go through this your comment carefully, you will realise your prayer for her doesn't make sense. undecided
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by peremos(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Sincerely speaking, I think in some way you push him off. Cos he complained to you, thinking you will adjust. But you refuse to give a try for a change. I know you probably have told him sum tins you don't like, and he must have adjusted that. But ur turn.... you refuses. Is still the same you through out, he felt bored, and decided to take a step for similarity.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
CorGier:
Guys like us we love attention oh. We also love a girl who's amenable to our manipulative tactics. The type we could hurt in the worst possible way this minute and still guilt trip them into getting down on their knees to apologise the next. If she's lucky we might just let the Johnson out the fly and have her choke on it. Her salty tears pouring down to meet her saliva. It be dripping till our oats pops. With the relationship dynamics restored, only then is all truly forgiven...

My point is; No guy wants a girl he just can't get through to. You're way too in control of your emotions and that's the problem.

You're a walking narcissist. In saner climes, you would've been proffered a mental therapy, but it's a pity that you're in a country where nothing works, so you're stuck with your narcissism forever. I only pity the flock of girls who take you very seriously. No one deserves to be stuck with you.

6 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
Isaacmacdon:

SHUT UP! LIKE, JUST SHUT UP.
What happened to objectivity?

Gone with the wind dear
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're a walking narcissist. In saner climes, you would've been proffered a mental therapy, but it's a pity that you're in a country where nothing works, so you're stuck with your narcissism forever. I only pity the flock of girls who take you very seriously. No one deserves to be stuck with you.
He said the goddamned truth.

But I guess it's too bitter for y'all to swallow.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
funmisticqueen:
He said the goddamned truth.

But I guess it's too bitter for y'all to swallow.

There's nothing truthful about what he said. He's just a manipulative, narcissistic and controlling person. Someone who'd do wrong and still guilt trip you for the wrong he did? No. We need less insane men. You can have his type. I guess you both will suit each other.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Ivypresh(f): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
U did nothing wrong u were being urself

Thou we Nigerian ladies we are told not to show or let out too much feelings for a guy we love

At least he called u to tell u..... So move forward

U can not force urself to be who u are not

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Faysuze:

We used to communicate daily. But he all of a sudden didn't like talking everyday. I just pulled back and stopped communicating too. He will then start bugging me saying I don't talk to him. He just wanted to keep things in the grey area and I was not having it.

Well it doesn't matter anymore, I shipped myself out. Now I have peace.
cool... Truth is in relationship... Give your best but try as much as possible to be ready for break-up too cos anything can happen...

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

There's nothing truthful about what he said. He's just a manipulative, narcissistic and controlling person. Someone who'd do wrong and still guilt trip you for the wrong he did? No. We need less insane men. You can have his type. I guess you both will suit each other.
I think you misunderstood. Many guys think like him.

So imagine his bafflement when he meets people like op, who are not too concerned that he has numerous girls on social media, that doesn't take offense at his extrovertedness and probably excessive partying. The usual attention seeking gimmicks he does to make girls jealous and to love him more doesn't work.

In short, Op is the kinda girl Ubunja's miseducations cannot work on. She's the type that gets top quality men.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Starz825(m): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jewessgratitude:
See...don't even start killing yourself over this matter cos the guy is not a responsible fellow which you know but tried to swallow.
Don't ever overlook or condone someone excesses. How can you, knowing full well that he flirts with girls at will, still want to keep him? Men don finish? Dump his retard ass. But he, could not condone your quiet and calm behavior, not that you flirt like him but he still called it off. He never really loved you dear. And doesn't have respect for you.

Dont just blame yourself for anything.
Move on and stay focused.
Nothing do you.
Jesus Christ..women...chai...op never said anything similar to ur claim about the guy flirting around town..she will even agreed to the fact that he was faithful to her....
I think op's nature isn't cool for him..some girls are just boring...I have a female friend who doesn't even like chatting (she is lazy at it) or start a convo...
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by bonnyhope: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
djoe21:

It's so unfortunate that just November last year you were giving ladies tips on how to make their men happy. Did you not follow the tips?

People are just doing copy and paste

And you believe them
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Brightgem(f): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
daben1:
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the receiving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
Relationship should be a 50-50 stuff.
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive
Are you sure you can read and can comprehend properly. You should read the post again, to understand and not to comment.

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Mccullum: 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
I think the distance is the main cause of lack of understanding between you and your boy friend while you made the right decision to focus on your academic simply because your final grade in school will be with you forever, belief in your self as he didn't accuse you of being unfaithful, that compatibility is amendable if there is true love while his exposure of being social and friendly to many ladies enhance his compare and contrast of you with other girls which forced him to arrived at conclusion that you're not his right partner, I just want to know that if he is your man he'll come back to you and if the destiny doesn't favour you to be his wife, you'll surely get your own predestined husband, move on and be positive with your self because your education should be priority for now.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Starz825(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

The moment I saw guilt trip..I already realized the narcissism in him...but nevertheless he made some senses in his last statement...
When you're too self possessed..you are totally in control of your emotions ..it affect your partner(though it has it own benefits anyway)...you don't wanna adjust...and most introverts are highly opinionated...

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by daben1(m): 10:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
Brightgem:
Are you sure you can read and can comprehend properly. You should read the post again, to understand and not to comment.
alright ma, I will
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by luminouz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
MariaAngeles:

You seem to "know it all"

Lol...

You like that babe? wink
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by kiddapunk: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:
Nairalanders, this is a long post but please read till the end.

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.
Nairalanders, did I actually push him away?

ugly people suffer too much in this life grin always heart break
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Clashy(m): 10:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

My bf just broke up with me over what he termed incompatibility. This guy and I have been together for two years and we both loved each other. It was a long-distance relationship, he stays in Lagos while I schooled in another town in the west. I had no problem with the distance because I'm not the attention-craving type and I like my space.

He's a complete extrovert, while I'm an introvert(not to the extreme though) and this has been an issue most of the time. He complains that I'm too quiet and not on the same social level as him. I don't do social media like that while he's uploading new pictures every minute. I also didn't like the fact that he relates too well with girls; he had a lot of female friends and easily socializes with new ones. Well, I blended with that so well as I didn't see any trace of unfaithfulness in him.

Fast forward to late last year, there was a breakdown in our communication, he stopped calling and chatting as he used to, I asked him what the matter was but he said there's nothing. I was a bit scared if something went wrong with him and I asked again after some days, that was when he said he would tell me when the time comes, so I stopped asking. With all the signs he showed me, my mind was telling me he wanted a breakup but I didn't ask him further as I was preparing for my final exam and him breaking up with me that period would leave me devastated so I focused on my exam with the hope that after then, we would talk about it.

After my exam, I sent him a text apologizing and asked us to continue as we were but he didn't reply. He invited me over to his place and that was when he told me he's no longer interested in the relationship, that he has no feelings for me again. He gave one thousand and one reasons for us not to be together anymore. He said I'm less expressive, I agree with anything he says and does and that during the break in our communication, I didn't make efforts to find out why he did so and challenge him. Funnily enough, I didn't react when he told me, I just said it's all right as I envisaged it earlier. With the reasons he gave me, my heart was broken and felt there was no need to push further. He was surprised with how calm I was when he told me, personally, I don't believe in forcing someone to love me.

I moved on well but after a week when I was alone and reflecting, the feeling of guilt overwhelmed me that I probably pushed him away with my seemingly “not too caring” attitude. I see myself with him and I never thought we could separate. I showed love and care in my how way and in the best way, I know-how. I did love him wholeheartedly and he knew it but he seemed unable to cope with my private/ less emotional lifestyle.

From this your write up.I deduced that you are responsible lady with qualities needed in a woman.probably he doesnt want lose you these while before now and he has been trying to get along with this your introversion but he could no longer continue.
Summarily you are not COMPATIBLE.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Ogaonos: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
daben1:
The way you girls think self ehn, once you're in a relationship with an average Nigerian girl, it has automatically become your responsibility to be doing the calling while her own responsibility is to be at the receiving end... "He stopped calling as he used to"
The relationship failed because of lack of communication: because your responsibility is to wait while he calls while you receive
na undergraduate gal DT y.dt y is good to use Nd dump them.they no go for relationship dey can cheat Nd disappoint because their very immature to love .
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Lol, you really cracked me up there darl. Thanks for getting me in a lighter mood.

Okay, that aside Uyail; See the key to any healthy heterosexual relationship is the ability of the man to successfully manipulate his woman for his selfish interests. This is because in his happiness lies her happiness.

I mean why do you think our mothers stayed married to our over-bearing fathers for so long? These men knew the secret to keeping their women on their toes, our mothers in turn - in their quest for true contentment - advertently submitted themselves to the wimps and caprices of their men. Therein lies true happiness in total submission. Girl, that in itself is a virtue.

That was my point. You got all carried away getting your panties in a twist over the side-talk.

3 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by oshaosha2014(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
I don’t believe I. 50-50 relationship. I only believe in complimenting each other in a relationship; where one is lacking, the other fills the space. And vice versal. no This girl will find the kind of man befitting for her.

daben1:
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Meliann: 10:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
luminouz:

He felt she was cold.
Nothing baffles a man more than a girl who only says 'ok' to anything he says. It reminds him of an openmouthed dead fish

Were you there when she was saying only "ok?"
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by oshaosha2014(m): 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
You just gave her a good advice. Nothing wrong with her just the incompatibility issue with her ex.

thorpido:
You are incompatible like he said.It is no fault of yours,it is just who you are.You're an introvert while he's an extrovert.

Don't ever make the mistake of dating an extrovert again.It will wear you out.You'll forever be dealing with trying to catch up while he's seeing you as inadequate.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by luminouz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Meliann:

Were you there when she was saying only "ok?"

No vex darling. grin

Read the story again and you will understand where I got the 'ok' from.
Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Maybe he is not yours if he is just relax he will be back,but first lesson don't beg for love just allow nature takes its course

1 Like

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by womenareapes: 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:

the thing with you Naija women is that you bastards have that entitlement mentality and so therefore thinking is the men job to do all the calling, talking, blablabla while you cunt will just put the danm phone in your paraffin waxed ear and be do doing "hmmm, hmmm. Lol" angry

You naija women are so fvvcking irritating to date angry

Now you are covering behind introvert undecided

You lier! Let me tell you something! Introvert are the most talker people, caring and very communicative only if they are with friends or someone them love be it in a relationship.

In your own case you are not an introvert but someone with mental issues (low IQ to be precise) undecided

If I were the guy would have done the same thing long ago! angry

Is like I'm dating myself!

Naija women are the most self-centered egocentric creature with entitlement mentality! angry

Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by Oluromantic: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
geraldinai:
You're definitely phlegmatic. My ex gf too is same as you... Phleg-mel, while I'm mel-san. So I understand absolutely. She has exactly same weakness.. naturally unbothered, less expressive. You even said it took you a week before u started feeling guilty..mhen that can kill! I'm not saying you're guilty but for you to be able to stay a week after a break up before you started feeling hit by ur conscience, it shows youre super phleg. If its someone like me or ur bf, ur silence alone will make me uncomfortable with guilt feelings within minutes.. anxiety and panting may even follow.. Well we later became sex mates and she wasn't bothered that I have other girls and that's something other girls won't accept. I thought within myself that if I marry her I will just be womanizing up and down

Notwithstanding, I do not see any blame in you, you did nothing wrong, it's just ur nature and you need a choleric counterpart for compatibility sake. Your boyfriend was right on d compatibility issue and I like his openness. He may have also thought of how people would say that the wife is more emotionally balanced than d husband who call himself a man...you know people don't understand the psychic behind compatibility.. it's what they know by African culture they'll always say. But the good part of u which he didn't consider is that you don't keep malice and u easily forgive, you also love to please than to dominate. I doubt if he'll find that in d new girl because it's that new one that's pushing his desires to shift from what he's been used to.

How's ur stature too cus I know phlegs are usually on d plump side.

2 Likes

Re: Did I Push Him Away With My Attitude? by KevMitnick: 11:25pm On Jan 09, 2020
HappenStone:
Your attitude is FINE!

Your BF is used to sweeping ladies off their feet with his personality, the fact that he doesn't have that effect on you deeply unsettled him.

You're smart... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big-Sized Lady Twerks At Ghana Plus-Sized Ladies Dance Competition / Ladies, What's The 'ideal Male Body' You Admire So Much? / She Cheated With Her 'Cousin'. I'm Finding It Hard To Forgive Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.