Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (52224 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Vyolet(f): 9:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
BlackSwan:
I don't think I will marry him again.
Ungrateful, selfish, stingy, argumentative, sex is all about himself, not caring at all. Just an all round negative person. Only thing he is good at is conversation and gisting, he can't do good for others without expecting something back.
I am 8 months pregnant and was vomiting and rolling on the floor yesterday and he heard from pallor where he was pressing phone, he didn't want to leave his precious Facebook and attend to me so he just sat there and did nothing. After like five minutes he brought our two years old baby to drop with me in the room and returned to the sitting room to continue pressing phone.

This is someone I have passed through all manner of inconvenience to make him comfortable, I spent all my savings from when I was working before marriage to furnish our house after we got married because he didn't have much. My parents sponsored everything about our marriage and all he did was show up and go home, they were even willing to pay for our flight ticket back home but as of today he doesn't talk to them or even call them, just cut them off th totally. They are the ones assisting me with money now that I don't have s job and am pregnant because he doesn't like to give. Last time I asked for money to buy new clothes he came from work that evening and started venting all his anger on me and saying very insulting words because he didn't like the idea of giving me money.
But his unemployed friend outside was receiving monthly stipend of 20000 from him before the guy got a job, his friend that was living with us for 6 months was receiving daily transport fare and recharge cards from him. While the only thing he gives me is market money and that is after he had complained that the money is too much.

I made a big mistake thinking if I started small with him and helped him grow he will appreciate me and treat me well. He is just a very ungrateful and entitled person.
Kingsatan, motherfucker, Bluntguy and every other guy feeling bitter about my own sweet story.

Here you have it, sad story, enjoy your read and do deliberate on this since this is all what y'all love to read, misery.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Vyolet(f): 9:21pm On Jan 16, 2020
BlackSwan:
I don't think I will marry him again.
Ungrateful, selfish, stingy, argumentative, sex is all about himself, not caring at all. Just an all round negative person. Only thing he is good at is conversation and gisting, he can't do good for others without expecting something back.
I am 8 months pregnant and was vomiting and rolling on the floor yesterday and he heard from pallor where he was pressing phone, he didn't want to leave his precious Facebook and attend to me so he just sat there and did nothing. After like five minutes he brought our two years old baby to drop with me in the room and returned to the sitting room to continue pressing phone.

This is someone I have passed through all manner of inconvenience to make him comfortable, I spent all my savings from when I was working before marriage to furnish our house after we got married because he didn't have much. My parents sponsored everything about our marriage and all he did was show up and go home, they were even willing to pay for our flight ticket back home but as of today he doesn't talk to them or even call them, just cut them off th totally. They are the ones assisting me with money now that I don't have s job and am pregnant because he doesn't like to give. Last time I asked for money to buy new clothes he came from work that evening and started venting all his anger on me and saying very insulting words because he didn't like the idea of giving me money.
But his unemployed friend outside was receiving monthly stipend of 20000 from him before the guy got a job, his friend that was living with us for 6 months was receiving daily transport fare and recharge cards from him. While the only thing he gives me is market money and that is after he had complained that the money is too much.

I made a big mistake thinking if I started small with him and helped him grow he will appreciate me and treat me well. He is just a very ungrateful and entitled person.
Millionboi2, TheRedpillguy, Mrtruth4real, Jeff1607, Noblemarce

This is an interesting misery, gladen your hearts boys.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by realtalk19: 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
realtalk19:

Never ever

EC77
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by okewumi: 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
God l thank you o for given me best woman oo.

Best friend,

Uncountable qualities

Marry her in next life if such exist.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by godblessuyirich(f): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
PLS OOO DEAR DONT THINK OF MARRYING A BROKE GUY, BUT EVEN IF U DO THERE VERY FEW GUYS WHO HAVE GREAT GUYS, FOCUS AND HARD AND SMART WORKING. AND MOST OF ALL THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATIVE AND SOMETIMES ASHAMED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU, THOSE ARE THE ONES U MAY CONSIDERED COS THEY WILL MAKE IT UP TO U IN NO TIME
CHEERS THE WORST TYPE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL TAKE U FOR GRANTED AND THEY ALSO FEEL ENTILTED
victorian:

Wow! 11years! shocked

And youve been the one taking care of a full grown man!
Na wa o

In the past i use to date broke ,poor or hustling guys .i almost made a terrible mistake marrying one ,but my eyes cleared when i asked him a simple question a day before meeting his dad .
I asked , honey if im broke tomorrow , will u help and assist me with money?
This is a guy ,i always stock up his fridge with lots of nigerian and foreign provisions including meats and Chicken.
I always want to make sure any guy i date at least look fresh like me . This is a guy i will use my own money to cook pot of soups and stew.

Guess his reply?
The fool said but Babe how can i run broke? Ha! No o , i should stop such jokes . A whole Ceo, broke ke? Its impossible .
I looked at this guy with shock.

Then he continued and said his best friend wife bought a jeep for his best friend and the guy is living large , and envy to all of them who are his friends and he was expecting i wil buy him a car , attached to the full wardrobe of clothes and shoes i promised him so he can match my level . Cause i always say he doesnt dress rich .

Mehn! That was the end of that relationship.

I told him point blank , its over . Go look for another rich maga to marry.

Can u imagine ? I rather remain single for life! Than marry a man i wil.be dashing money to all the rest of my life or taking care of his life style..

If a man is not rich dont fucvking come near me ! Dont even look at my direction, abeg!

You are really trying and God will keep blessing you , and open more doors of prosperity for u in Jesus name.amen.

Hes doing himself o.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Fisher007: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
ImaIma1:

Not all marriages have infidelity issues.

Infidelity is not the only issue in marriage.

The fact that someone says they are enjoying their marriage and they will marry the person again doesn't mean the marriage is perfect but they live through their problems.

Siblings disagree and fight every time but they still love each other.

You believe the sad stories without a problem but choose to question the good ones.

If you think I am fooling anyone, that is your personal problem.

Don't let happy marriages pepper your body. You will be fine

Majority of the stories are looking too fabricated. But deep down we all know the truth.
And personally you are the one with the problem thinking it is my problem. Well time always tell.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Greatdre:
Thats nice to hear. You are one of the few that are happy in their marriage. What motivated this topic was the fact that; I observed many people are not happy in their marriage

It's Normal not to be happy in marriage..are you happy in your marriage? Tell the truth
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by maasoap(m): 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
zed7:

Why did they choose a beast? Wrong priorities. They chose beauty or wealth over personality.

People hide their true nature. Some people change after marriages.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by victorian(f): 9:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
PLS OOO DEAR DONT THINK OF MARRYING A BROKE GUY, BUT EVEN IF U DO THERE VERY FEW GUYS WHO HAVE GREAT GUYS, FOCUS AND HARD AND SMART WORKING. AND MOST OF ALL THEY ARE VERY APPRECIATIVE AND SOMETIMES ASHAMED OF NOT BEING ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU, THOSE ARE THE ONES U MAY CONSIDERED COS THEY WILL MAKE IT UP TO U IN NO TIME
CHEERS THE WORST TYPE ARE THE ONES THAT WILL TAKE U FOR GRANTED AND THEY ALSO FEEL ENTILTED

Thanks, i have had enough of broke guys deceits to last me to my old age and grave .

My mind is made up, way before i read your story . Too many bad cunning people out there .

But thanks anyways, im fine with the choice i will eventually end up with.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by engrchykae(m): 9:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
Annstar:
not married
then let's marry ourselves
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by godblessuyirich(f): 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
SIR I HAVE CONFRONTED HIM TIMES WITHOUT NUMBERS BY TELLING HIM MY MIND, BUT HE IS NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON COS HE IS NOT THE KIND OF PERSON THAT FEELS ASHAMED. I REPORTED TO ONE OF HIS CLOSED FRIEND ONE DAY AND THE MAN ASKED HIM COS HIS FRIEND SAID I WAS LIEING. HIS FRIEND WAS SHOCKED THAT HIS FRIEND HAS NOT BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIS RESPONSIBILITIES AT HOME ESPECIALLY THE RENT, MY HUBBY DID NOT SAY A WORD, THE FRIEND SHOUTED AND SHOUTED IN SHOCK AND TILL DATE HE DOES NOT SPEAK TO MY HUBBY AGAIN. IN ANGER AFTER SOME DAYS HE REPORTED TO THEIR MUTUAL FRIEND WHO IS AN ELDERLY LADY, THE WOMAN CALLED A SMALL MEETING JUST ME, HUBBY, HIS FRIEND AND THE LADY. THE LADY ASKED MY HUBBY SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I TOLD HIS FRIEND COS SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE, SHE WANTS HIM TO DEFEND HIMSELF, MY HUBBY DID NOT SAY A WORD. RIGHT THERE THEY TOLD ME TO DIVORCE HIM. HE WAS SHOCKED. SIR ABOUT FINDING LOVE, IS NOT MY PRIORITY BUT A WISH, BUT I BELIEVE AND KNOW I WILL LIVE A GOOD LIFE VERY SOON COS I HAVE BEEN GOOD TO HIM BUT HE TREATED ME BADLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL MAKE ALL MY DRAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE. I TRUST IN GOD. THANK U SIR FOR UR CONCERN
morpheus24:

Have you confronted your husband to tell him that you feel like a fool for all these things you are complaining about. Most women behave exactly the same in most marriages. They harbor a lot of anger, resentment without expressing this to the man then one day they up and leave with the man bewildered about what just happened.

Financial problems after infidelity is the number 2 cause of marriage breakups. When a woman no longer sees the future potential of a spouse it begins to dawn on her and regret sets in as the hard wiring of females is to see men as providers, comforters and protectors. This your marriage my dear is conditional contract you are living. You say you want to find true love. If you leave your husband that is not guaranteed either. It could become worse or better of you. Is this a gamble you are willing to take? Remember, It takes two to tango and this problem is something that has two sides to the story. Reflect on yourself as well and see where your short comings emanate from, what past experiences are influencing your decisions and what kind of expectations you have.

Woman up, tell your husband your feelings, lay it all down and see where the chips may fall but again you are a woman my advice will fall on deaf ears and I am about 90% sure you will not do what I just said. You will stay because of the kids and continue to suffer in silence. Na una nature!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by zed7: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
maasoap:

People don't change. You can only hide for a while. When you are carried away by love, you explain all faults away. Faults that are glaring to you suddenly don't become a big deal.
As usual, when the emotions wear off, we start claiming that the person has changed. People should learn to be sensitive, signs are always there. Also watch out for how your partner treats others. That's a very easy way to spot a pretender.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
armylord:
Well , I'm not married yet well the gurl I'm dating presently has been a blessing and I would definitely not hesitate to marry her when I'm quite settled. I love her with all my heart and I know she does too, tho we have ups and downs but we got our backs. Lol sometimes she stares back at girls looking at me .. sayin see them boyfriend/husband snatcher.. lol she's got a great sense of humor
Congrats. Not to be a pessimist but that seems like a red flag. While it may seem fun now, such things usually degenerate into suspicion and insecurity and can cause a major problem in future. I hope this doesn't become your case.
At topic,
Yes I would. She's just a female version of me in most ways. Like her, I'm not perfect either.

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by morpheus24: 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
SIR I HAVE CONFRONTED HIM TIMES WITHOUT NUMBERS BY TELLING HIM MY MIND, BUT HE IS NOT THAT KIND OF PERSON COS HE IS NOT THE KIND OF PERSON THAT FEELS ASHAMED. I REPORTED TO ONE OF HIS CLOSED FRIEND ONE DAY AND THE MAN ASKED HIM COS HIS FRIEND SAID I WAS LIEING. HIS FRIEND WAS SHOCKED THAT HIS FRIEND HAS NOT BEEN TAKING CARE OF HIS RESPONSIBILITIES AT HOME ESPECIALLY THE RENT, MY HUBBY DID NOT SAY A WORD, THE FRIEND SHOUTED AND SHOUTED IN SHOCK AND TILL DATE HE DOES NOT SPEAK TO MY HUBBY AGAIN. IN ANGER AFTER SOME DAYS HE REPORTED TO THEIR MUTUAL FRIEND WHO IS AN ELDERLY LADY, THE WOMAN CALLED A SMALL MEETING JUST ME, HUBBY, HIS FRIEND AND THE LADY. THE LADY ASKED MY HUBBY SO MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT I TOLD HIS FRIEND COS SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT BELIEVE, SHE WANTS HIM TO DEFEND HIMSELF, MY HUBBY DID NOT SAY A WORD. RIGHT THERE THEY TOLD ME TO DIVORCE HIM. HE WAS SHOCKED. SIR ABOUT FINDING LOVE, IS NOT MY PRIORITY BUT A WISH, BUT I BELIEVE AND KNOW I WILL LIVE A GOOD LIFE VERY SOON COS I HAVE BEEN GOOD TO HIM BUT HE TREATED ME BADLY GOD ALMIGHTY WILL MAKE ALL MY DRAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE. I TRUST IN GOD. THANK U SIR FOR UR CONCERN

If all you say is the absolute truth, then you are wasting your time with someone who will not compromise with you or meet you half way.

The choice is yours to either stay or go. Good luck my dear.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by morpheus24: 10:42pm On Jan 16, 2020
zed7:

People don't change. You can only hide for a while. When you are carried away by love, you explain all faults away. Faults that are glaring to you suddenly don't become a big deal.
As usual, when the emotions wear off, we start claiming that the person has changed. People should learn to be sensitive, signs are always there. Also watch out for how your partner treats others. That's a very easy way to spot a pretender.

This is unfortunately the truth. Love blinds you to many signs that are there but you wave off.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by darfay: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
ImaIma1:

Hey fisher007...it's not everyone that has a good story. I guess this is the bad story you have been looking for.

What a very insensitive to type. The lady you quoted is going through marital pain and I'm sure she cried a lot while typing that down, and you could do is to quote her post just to count scores on good vs bad marriages

6 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by darfay: 11:38pm On Jan 16, 2020
Vyolet:
When you are with a guy who is handsome facially with good physique, beautiful eyes, well behaved, not stingy, respectful, overall sexy and most importantly crazy in love with you. You will never want marriage with any other guy even if you come to this world ten times over.
So I will choose mine over and over and over again. wink

I wonder why people won't let you be, Just because you said you are happy. May God sustain your happiness

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
na wa o,, dis ur tory dae give me shiva
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by darfay: 12:03am On Jan 17, 2020
Vyolet:

Millionboi2, TheRedpillguy, Mrtruth4real, Jeff1607, Noblemarce

This is an interesting misery, gladen your hearts boys.

Some minutes ago I thought everyone was being unfair to you, but c what u quoted someone who is sort of depressed state to say, very insensitive of you
You perfect life isn't everyone's experience

3 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 12:31am On Jan 17, 2020
darfay:

What a very insensitive to type. The lady you quoted is going through marital pain and I'm sure she cried a lot while typing that down, and you could do is to quote her post just to count scores on good vs bad marriages

Obviously you look at things more critically than normal and you are crying more than the bereaved.

Drink water and be fine.

Good night
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2020
morpheus24:

So all the millions of ladies married to men who do not have the wear with all are all "mumu's" abi or they are just not as sharp as you.

Your kind should not get married at all cause its true essence has lost meaning in this generation where everyone is "living their best life"

I urge you all to remain baby mamas and single mothers make una no give man heart attack.

For those who stand in this sacred institution till the end, I tip my hats off to you. It is not easy to follow the path with the most resistance.

Watch your step because you are just jumping up and down into conclusions.

You obviously did not understand my comment and decided to jump on it and give it your own meaning.

Did I say all ladies should marry rich guys? Men on this forum are so quick to defend struggling guys and condemn the rich ones. You guys get so touchy on this issue and are unable to process simple information.

Please try to process information well before attacking and making baseless conclusions and declarations.

Sorry to burst your bubble...I am married already tongue. And guess what! He was not rich. But unlike you, I won't blame those who married wealthy guys. It's their choice and it's not a bad thing.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 17, 2020
Vyolet:

No one has a manual for an ideal marriage for what works for A might just work against B.

You have no right to tell me my reasons are superficial, you or anyone else is not a standard.

Therefore, those things are not superficial, asides inner beauty and good characters, I have ways desired a fine sexy man with beautiful eyes and I was lucky to get one.

Y'all sound like there is no handsome, sexy, ready to give, tall, respectful and loving man who can remain married for even ten days.

Y'all sound like good men don't exist, like it is a strange thing to have such qualities in this world again.

Guys on this thread need to let this rest, men have been describing their wives as good and no one has called them names but it's different because a woman says it as it is.

This is a faceless forum, we are so used to reading sad tales that we find good tales strange.

Good response.

Don't mind them. They are all fish heads.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Akuruoulo(m): 2:26am On Jan 17, 2020
KingSatan:

I knew I would meet your kind.

This is not a thread to breed competition or promote hypocrisy.

You woman are good at dropping lines like these in order to portray the luckiest woman on Earth.

I have been married for over 3 decades and I can say "Marriage is beautiful if both of you love each other truthfully" and are determined to make your marriage work. Though it's not a smooth sail but with a determined spirit, you will conquer all.

You will sometimes fight your extended family because of that woman you love and cherish. Marriage is not for the feeble heart.

I remember one time, I looked straight in her eyes and I saw a helpless woman. I stood up to my late uncle's and told them never to insult my wife again or I stop bearing their surname and cut ties with them forever.

I could remember when i slumped, my wife was crying like I child. I woke up to her screams and tears.

I love my wife and I am without any doubt that she loves me too. I married her because I couldn't imagine living so far away from such beautiful soul. I wanted to have her all to myself and I succeeded.

Today, I don't see the curves (Of course I wasn't interested in all that when I married her) and she isn't seeing the albs, afro hairstyle etc but she is still my "Sexy Amigo".

I will marry her over and over again if given a chance.

PS: Don't even think money brought us together. I was still trying to find my place in this world when I met her. She told me "I believe in you"

After my mother, no one else except her said those words to me.

I held on to those words and today, it's all history.

UR STORY IS COOL SWEET , AND AMAZING BUT THE PART OF CHANGING MY SURNAME IS A NEVER .
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by darfay: 2:36am On Jan 17, 2020
ImaIma1:

Obviously you look at things more critically than normal and you are crying more than the bereaved.

Drink water and be fine.

Good night

Wetin dey do this wan?
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by hollas2jnr(m): 3:16am On Jan 17, 2020
darfay:

Wetin dey do this wan?
Lol. Really, some threads are not worth commenting, just read and move on.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by hollas2jnr(m): 3:19am On Jan 17, 2020
maasoap:

But the signs are always there... Just that our feelings won't allow sometimes.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Bonchila(m): 4:48am On Jan 17, 2020
Yes
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Alopskid01: 5:32am On Jan 17, 2020
Yes,Yes,I will definitely marry her again,in her I saw the beauty of marriage,God bless the day I married her
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by wamide042(m): 6:47am On Jan 17, 2020
I will marry her a million time..
In my next world i will marry her again
My beautiful light skinned wife is from Edo state Esan to be precise.

Sometimes i ask God why he decided to bless me with such a good woman despite all my shortcomings..
When i go to work I’m always eager to go home quick to meet her and my beautiful twin daughters..

6 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by dederocs(m): 7:13am On Jan 17, 2020
All these boring, money hungry, broke girls...don't let their make up and fake hair deceive you, look for a simple natural woman with a good job or trade to marry.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by macho44(m): 7:36am On Jan 17, 2020
Vyolet:
When you are with a guy who is handsome facially with good physique, beautiful eyes, well behaved, not stingy, respectful, overall sexy and most importantly crazy in love with you. You will never want marriage with any other guy even if you come to this world ten times over.
So I will choose mine over and over and over again. wink
It is what it is.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Annstar(f): 7:42am On Jan 17, 2020
engrchykae:
then let's marry ourselves
fix the date

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Adorable Pictures Of A Nigerian Man And His American Wife / How Can We Find A Missing Young Girl Of Age 16?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.