Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48524 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 3:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
agbonkamen:
what to do Na grin

wink
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by dandrey: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
let her get the car, its for your family comfort and you can't allow your wife and kid to be jumping from one bus to another when you can afford a car to take them around.
Get one only car and invest the other, you guyz are a team
Enjoy your life

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by steppin: 3:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
victorian:
Op, I'm amazed u don't want your wife to buy a car for herself.
It's her money, so why refuse?

She wants to make her life and marriage easier for her to manage. But u prefer she jumps busses and Okada with the baby, while u cruise around wit car, because na u need car pass.

Some Men sef, I wonder at their mentality.

Always love seeing their wives suffer and working their bodies tirelessly.
Anyways it's her money, whether u agree or not? She will buy it.
He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches or else be ready for her to label u as a wicked husband who doesn't care about her and that's where your once loving home will start having crisis and issues.

Na wa o. sad
You single ladies should stop giving marriage advice.
Until you're married, you know nothing marriage.
It's not her money, it's their money, including the man's earning.
They need to come together and make a decision.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Diticonsult(m): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
So you have your mind made up on what you’ll do and you’re here seeking attention....

Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Sarah20A(f): 3:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Don't get me wrong madam, I only feel from past experience that a right or wrong decision will always bounce on me.
Not Ego!!
this is pure ego.you don't want to get her a car and you don't her to get herself one undecided or do you feel threatened because she's not depending on you?

4 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by chegbe1104: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Please to avoid any issues with your wife, add some money to whatever she has and buy a nice car for her to reduce the stress she is going through. If you still have extra saving, invest in the business. Wait for sometime if money comes from your work and investment, buy your own car. After all you have been managing without a car of your own. Always carry along your spouse in every plan since she is a good woman as confirmed in your write up.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Mouthgag: 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?
I am a guy and I think you ARE EXTREMELY SELFISH!

Why not let her buy and invest the money you are supposed to use to buy yours?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tranxo(m): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
makydebbie:

I'll rather get a life than a man, you must be very silly. Where in my post did I call myself a feminist? Dumb one.
Oh. By your fruits, what you are, consciously or unconsciously, becomes evident. But not to worry, looks like you are just a kid still in the retail stages of life. Come back when you mature into the wholesale department - the real deal
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Sprumbaba: 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

Arakunrin - Happy wife, happy life. You should prioritize her first especially when your child is even involved.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by megastu(m): 3:42pm On Feb 03, 2020
Buy a car for her. If you also need car badly because of client etc, sell one of those properties. You are still young. Money will always come. For now, make your home(s) comfortable in order for you to have a clear head to make more money.
Opeyemiebun:

There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by sisisioge: 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
But she isn't about to use your money nau! Hian...its stressful hauling a baby about in public transportation oga... You can chalk yours biko. Chai...a typical naija husband is always selfish!

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ogar, its her money. So let her buy the car especially as it will aid her mobility and reduce stress. After all, what is she working for? Is it not so you can afford a some comfort of life.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by nini007(m): 3:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
Here is the solution:

1. Gather money and buy your wife a good car.

2. Let her keep using the car without you having any for about two months.

3. By then, if she's not asking you about you having a car then she doesn't care. ( But she will ask ).

4. Like I said, after two months sit her down and raise the issue about your car.

5. You have to understand that women will always want comfort and in your own case, she deserves it..

6. These are the reasons why you are a man, you learn to be the one to sacrifice yourself to make your home work. I can't imagine you driving a car with peace of mind when your wife is in another state with your baby jumping taxis.

7. Think about all I have said well. It is well with you!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by alexmakaay(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

You make money for your wife and kids.. buy the two cars if you don't want to invite devil in your abode. must you be stingy??

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by dbanjj1629(m): 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Its all about Sacrifice. Like someone said "a happy wife, equals happy home". Buy hers first
.she needs it because of the baby. If you talk her into not buying hers, will mark the beginning of a new regime in your house. Wisdom is profitable bro. Peace.
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by SlimBrawnie(f): 3:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Tell families you took a loan to get the car and you'd be paying loans for the next few months so nobody should disturb or stress you and your wife biko. It's a necessity for you both, and the extended families should stop feeling entitled or choking eyes in your family's money.

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by carnal: 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Let her get the car first, wait for about 5 months then get yours.though its her money but ensure she gets good and sound car i.e be part of the process to buy the car infact take charge,ask her brand and type,do research engage the seller well that will show you are happy for her plus also being head of the house.
As for family members, seat her down,let her know that you guys need to reduce what you spend for them this period, if family disturb you tell them you took a loan for her car and you're repaying
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tranxo(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
steppin:

You single ladies should stop giving marriage advice.
Until you're married, you know nothing marriage.
It's not her money, it's their money, including the man's earning.
They need to come together and make a decision.
Don't mind the retailers.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by amadiwati(m): 3:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Right now, cars is not luxury it is a necessity and you know it. How would you feel you have your car and you wife is in another city with a child walking on the street when you guys can afford one.

Opeyemiebun:

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nazae(f): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bros, marriage is all about sacrifices. Your wife needs that car more than you because she is with your child. It's either you let her have the car or you let her buy hers and start saving for the projects you have.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tommy589(m): 3:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

I am an older person and happy for you that you speak glowingly of your wife. It is hard to get a special one.
Let her get the car. They say "who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the lord"

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by humblespirit: 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
The parent with the child deserves the car: you are a man, making sacrifice for your home is your job.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 3:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:

Are you sure you're a man or a boy in a man's body. Since you have your answers, kindly explain why you created the thread

Continue running your marriage with your one man army mindset.

Smh.
Bro both of you have valid point. But me think he should let the woman get a car first... He can often borrow the car once a while to run whatever business he wants to do with it and make sure he returns before she needs it.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by carnal: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
sisisioge:
But she isn't about to use your money nau! Hian...its stressful hauling a baby about in public transportation oga... You can chalk yours biko. Chai...a typical naija husband is always selfish!
some of us are not selfish 16yrs plus still counting.we don sacrifices enuff,na madam de take charge hence d home front de happy die
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Mobree: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Take Uber naa..and share the car.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
2sexycom:
Bro both of you have valid point. But me think he should let the woman get a car first... He can often borrow the car once a while to run whatever business he wants to do with it and make sure he returns before she needs it.

Spot on
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Galaxydon1(m): 3:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Allow her to get a get and use your money for the investment. Selfish man.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by UgoManchester(m): 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Allow her to buy the car. continue going to work on t.fares.Make the sacrifice if that's what will keep your wife happy.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Solidkay(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't know why some people make a mountain out of a molehill.
You see right now, there's no problem, but failure to get her the car means PROBLEMS.
She's not asking for a range Rover or anything,
Just a reasonable car to ease her stress.
Remember, nobody is higher than the other in marriage....
My 19cents

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by erumena(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though

Let her buy the car, you really dont want to be in her shoes to know what she's going through.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kenyguy(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Buy her own first and wait for money before buying your own

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Sarang(f): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Mouthgag:

I am a guy and I think you ARE EXTREMELY SELFISH!

Why not let her buy and invest the money you are supposed to use to buy yours?

I swear to God, I thought so too!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bayelsa Girl Forced To Marry Hausa Muslim Lover / Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.