Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? (48480 Views)

Am I Being Paranoid? Please Help Me / Am I Being Unreasonable Or Is My Wife Selfish? / Am I Being Manipulated? Is Her Anger Justified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by makydebbie(f): 4:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
tranxo:

Oh. By your fruits, what you are, consciously or unconsciously, becomes evident. But not to worry, looks like you are just a kid still in the retail stages of life. Come back when you mature into the wholesale department - the real deal
Get off my mentions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by sharone21(f): 4:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
capsule:
Get her the car with your money (or more of your money). She got the kid and herself. Make her life stress free as much as possible.
You can manage.
For me, if I have 1 car, she keeps it.
If I have two cars, she drives the newest.
I no wan hear say Her car break down for road, we men handle stress better than women.

Best comment for me so far....

Talking like my dad.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Lastingglory: 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Chairman, I work in Abuja, my wife works in kaduna. We operate two houses like you. I have a car. I plan on buying her one before June. We don't have children yet but I feel it is necessary to allow her have some mobility instead of all that stress of public transport. It is not waste of money if it eases helps your wife greatly. You are meant to ease the stress for her as her husband.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:

Spot on
Yeah, because of the kid. I often shiver when I see women with child on their back on top of speeding okada... I saw one yesterday and I was so worried even after they had past.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
2sexycom:
Yeah, because of the kid. I often shiver when I see women with child on their back on top of speeding okada... I saw one yesterday and I was so worried even after they had past.

My pregnant wife will never do commercial vehicle. Cars are now cheap. Very cheap
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by nams77: 4:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Look, I want to know from the experience of older couple on here how to manage such situation.
It is her money, and I have mine but as the head of the family I don't want to hurt her knowing she does alot too.
Thanks alot though
Well here is the advice of an older person. Let her get hers first. Then you can get your later.
Let the,better and stronger car go to her. Put this in consideration. If you need advice on cars to get, quote me or go to car section and create a thread.
I have friends with just one car who gave their wives the car to do school runs while they hop on tricycles and taxis.
Its easier for you to move with public transport than a woman with child/children.
Dont destroy the peace in your home

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by odigiri1983(m): 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
deewhydoski:

Best woman you can ever ask for... Bro u already answer your question. Let her buy the car, after 6 to 7 months u too u can buy yours. This will make her to love u the more.You are a man here u can find ur way.

Take this advise above.

You have a good Wife and her situation needs a car.

Make sure she gets a good car.You can get yours much later.A supportive wife deserves the best.

Wishing you a more happy home.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Hollywood777: 4:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
They have Said it all ....let her get the car......�
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Graciousnaija: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Please your assessment of your wife says it all. She deserves it. God will continue to enlarge your financial capacity. Like someone here noted, a happy woman makes a happy home o!

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmm, thanks alot....i will take your advice and let only her get for now.
My reasons are numerous, aside the economy Families will believe we have the money stocked up somewhere . We both take care of numerous responsibilities in our extended homes

this is your best decision if u want peace and more love in dat house. buying 2 cars at d same time will send wrong signals. trust me. except both of u dont have families
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:

My pregnant wife will never do commercial vehicle. Cars are now cheap. Very cheap
I swear bro... for the sake of my child... I will get a car,no matter what. That scene of mother and child is a nightmare to me... it worries me so much anytime I see it.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Lasmo99(m): 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
deewhydoski:

Best woman you can ever ask for... Bro u already answer your question. Let her buy the car, after 6 to 7 months u too u can buy yours. This will make her to love u the more.You are a man here u can find ur way.

Exactly, your question is actually your answer l. Happy woman happy home. If you want to have one car then let her get it and wait for a while before getting yours. If you prioritise your wife she will also put you first before anything.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by LadySarah: 4:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nl men have never made me more proud than today and on this very post.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by 2sexycom(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
makydebbie:

Get off my mentions.
Tranxo, abeg free my Ghanaian sister ooo grin grin grin
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by greggng: 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We are both young (I am 30 while she is 28)
We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I am a Civil Engineer and my Job requires I get a car for mobility.
I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

What should I do, should we both get cars and let other stuffs take it course?

Let her have her way first , as time goes on you can get yourself a good car. Meanwhile work towards her transfer to wherever you are .
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by PHijo(m): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
She needs the car more than you do, if you have to buy one, let her get it first.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
2sexycom:
I swear bro... for the sake of my child... I will get a car,no matter what. That scene of mother and child is a nightmare to me... it worries me so much anytime I see it.

Okada can easily subject a pregnant woman to stress and forced labor causing miscarriage

3 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by victons(m): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
allow her to get the car... she is worth it
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by qtx(m): 4:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Evening guys, please I will like to seek people's opinion concerning this issue that I have in my home.

I am a married Man with a Kid. Before marriage, my wife has a federal job outside Lagos while I run my business in Lagos. Due to Nigeria's economy, I asked her not to resign as she keeps working while I also keep on with my hustle. I have to be fair to her as she has been giving her all in this marriage and I so envy her strength to make things work despite the distance.

We had our first child last year and she is going to a year.. We both contribute financially and bring something to the table as we run 2 different homes.

I know she goes through a lot taking care of the baby without a car and I know how tedious it is for her to manage.

We got our first few properties this January and we planning to do other things as we both bring money together to get things done.

We have plans of getting our first car within a month and my wife suddenly demanded that she also needs a car where she is due to the stress she goes through daily picking my child from creche and managing that with her own job. I asked that I employ a helper for her but she doesn't want.

She plans on getting the car within the next 2months with her own money. My issue is that I am business oriented and see it as a waste of money buying 2 cars when we can buy one and invest the money for the other one.

I feel guilty by trying to stop her from getting the car while I get mine and at the same time, if she get one I will also need to get.

I have been cracking my head up trying to see how we can go about it without hurting her and be fair to her as she is the best woman I can ever ask for.

Look, you are young and alone. Buy the car for her, and continue ur hustle. She needs the car more than you do at the moment. Wear your jeans as an engineer and jump around towards end of the year and get one for yourself as well.

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by litaninja(m): 4:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
So, your job requires that you have a car but her's does not? And this is you making the judgments and pronouncements? And you're dictating how she spends her own money for her own need?
Guy.

Opeyemiebun:

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by kunleweb: 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
LadySarah:
Nl men have never made me more proud than today and on this very post.

So wa alright tongue
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by mechanics(m): 4:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
There is nothing wrong for her not to have her own car, am sure you are scared of the condition of our roads now, just allow her to go ahead for peace to reign in the home.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by franchasng: 4:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Me that is ready to buy my wife a private jet and helicopter once my money complete shocked

This op is half mad!!

So you enjoy your wife jumping around buses with your baby Honestly you need a brain resetting slap!

As a man self, you don't need a car, your wife need the car more than you. My wife drives a more luxurious car than me, and I love it when I see her in it kiss

Nothing weh Emeka Ihedioha no go see for supreme court angry

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Brightgem(f): 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Hmmmm, so I should encourage us getting 2 cars within the next 3months looking at Nigeria's economy and the need to have multiple source of income?.
Waoooh, thanks for the advice!!!

Seems you don't like the advice. You think raising a kid is a joke, plus combining it with work, she needs a vehicle more than you, and since she'll use her money, what's the problem?

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

Thanks alot, I believe you know how these extended families behave ..
I will let her have hers but I also desperately need one.
There is this feelings that come with my job when a client sees you dropping from a bike or Uber. A job they should offer you for 1m,they will look down on you and negotiate you for 400k.
Aside the economy side of it, Families will believe we are so much in money and the responsibilities will increase

Oga,you don't have a dim problem at all.

Things like these shouldn't pose any issue to you.You have gone pass difficult problems in life and bigger ones as well.

Solution.Just buy a standard car for your wife.Both of you can make use of it especially when you have an important meet up with a potential client or customer and also when you both reside in the same state.
But if she is not relocating to your place of residence before buying the car,then,you can always borrow a friend's car to meet up big client or customers. Packaging is allowed.

After like 3 months she buys hers or so,you can now get yours period.

I have seen a wealthy man in Ondo State with hotels, filling stations and restaurants having just a car and both of them manage it.Not that they can't afford 10 cars.The man buys and sells.He is also a dealer and has his stands where cars are sold.

This is how it works.Buy the car in her name.
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Jainine(f): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Not only are you talking like a spoilt, entitled idiot, You are a wicked and self absorbed person.

First saying you let her keep her job. Like seriously!

Your job requires a car but hers and the baby doesn't?

Shouting head of the family up and down because you have a dicki inbetween your legs is not how to be a bigger person. My
mtcheeeeeeeew. I'm pissed sef

5 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tomdon(m): 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Atlanticfire:
Get a car for your wife first if you want to buy only one car.

If you buy two cars make sure the stronger car goes to your wife otherwise she will be wasting the family money on mechanics and calling you at odd time to complain about the car.

Simple and short
Sense will not kill you but you will have it more in abundance

She's even to use her money oo and he's still contemplating whether to allow her use her money to buy herself a car. Hmmmmmm.
And he use dick take bring child come this world yet wants his wife who is with HIS child to be legging it while he uses her money to buy a ride to be cruising round town. Stupid man!

2 Likes

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by tomdon(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jainine:
Not only are you talking like a spoilt, entitled idiot, You are a wicked and self absorbed person.

First saying you let her keep her job. Like seriously!

Your job requires a car but hers and the baby doesn't?

Shouting head of the family up and down because you have a dicki inbetween your legs is not how to be a bigger person. My
mtcheeeeeeeew. I'm pissed sef

Sorry my dear. No vex jare

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by emerged01(m): 4:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
dominique:

What kind of silly misogynistic talk is this? So a woman should buy a car with her money and hand it over to her husband while she jumps danfo and okada with a baby, all because she wants to be tagged a good wife? Why do you men believe that women must suffer so as to be termed virtuous? Is suffering a virtue? Bad enough that you want her to be inconvenienced to earn points, you want a baby to be put through stress as well, what is the matter with you people? This disgusting mentality that a woman has to suffer to please you or be termed good wife has to stop

Nothing wrong with a couple using two cars, especially if they live in different cities. With a baby and business involved, it's the best option if they can afford it.

You quoted my post but you didn’t understand it.
I said,”he should “GET HER CAR FIRST ”, I mean the guy should get her car first. You misquoted me oooooo and it is unfair.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by Jainine(f): 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
tomdon:

Simple and short
Sense will not kill you but you will have it more in abundance

She's even to use her money oo. And he use dick take bring child come this world yet wants his wife who's with HIS child to be legging it while he uses her money to buy a ride to be cruising round town. Stupid man!

It's impressive to see African men, Who don't think with their dick
Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by merits(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Opeyemiebun:

you are on fair let her buy the car, and you continue to trek till you are bless to afford two cars.you are a man is easy for you to manage yourself.how will you feel when your wife is trekking with your kid under hot sun and rain with this Ash weather? you must be selfish a man.i myself sacrifice my car for my and family for bicycle and happy with it.when I see them enjoy my car I feel happy because have made them happy as a good husband and responsible father.

when sacrifice for them God will bless you unexpected.

1 Like

Re: Car Issue: Am I Being Fair To My Wife? by buoye1(m): 4:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lamanii22:
Just let her get the car... Money for business is different... Investments shouldn't interfere with your comfort...
Very Pleasing and matured words, God bless you. OP you better pick this word of wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Father Recreates Family Photo After 20 Years / Judge Finds Out His Children Aren't His After 51 Years Of Marriage (video) / It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.